Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2011, 07:56 AM   #1
ShellyLynn3630
DIS Veteran

My Dream cruise report for the May 19, 2011 sailing

Part 1- ARRIVING AND CHECKING IN AT THE PORT

We arrived at the port around 9:30 in the morning. We had stayed at CBR for two nights before and that was an wonderful place to chill. My husband dropped off our party with the porters and he went to park in the parking deck. Made the right decision there. Very torn as to park at the port or go with somewhere much cheaper, but glad we did park there, it was a breeze!!!

We got into line around 9:40 to get check off the list. It started right at ten that morning so we waited about 20 minutes in line outside to do this so it was'nt that bad. Temps were ok, but I would'nt advise getting the port any earlier. Once we got checked off the list, went inside to security and up the escalators to check in. Filled out the health question paper and then off to check in. This took like two minutes top. At the line they ask us if we had cruised before so we said yes and were directed into the CC club line. This line looked a lot shorter than the first time cruisers line. We got boarding number four, little dissapointed, was hoping for a two or three, but believe me four was pretty good. Got checked in with our clerk, took about ten minutes top and we were done.

I did not wait in line at the port to check my daughter into the kids clubs, good decision. Don't do it. It takes at the most two minutes to do it in the clubs. I did wait in line for her a pic with Minnie though. I do wish they would have at least two characters at the port instead of just one. They started calling numbers very promptly at 11:45. We got onboard by noon.
I will add more maybe this afternoon. My house is a mess, gotta get cleaning.

Part 2- THE FIRST AFTERNOON AND EVENING

Once we boarded we headed straight to Cabanas. Really cool place to eat. Love the theme. Food was ok. Kinda dissapointed with most of the
food on our trip. We had orginally planned to eat and hit the duck, but the amount of love bugs was so horrific we opted out for later. Good idea at the time. Our ressie and our in-laws were'nt not linked at all and we had seperate dining schedules. I was so bummed that I was going to have to
go take care of this. So after we ate me and my husband went to D Lounge and talked with the men making changes. We both had second seating, but not the same dining schedule. They got the rotation I requested for us, but we did not. The man informed me that it was going to be very hard to seat us together on the second seating. I was crushed. He said that the second seating has now become the more popular of the two, as it use to be the first. So he said he would see what he could do and would give a call on my wave phone later. The phone call came and they had to put us together on the first seating. Well after we left the D Lounge we headed for our stateroom. I just loovvveeddd the room, except for the noise at night.
The shower itself was heavenly. The size was great and the porthole had a beautiful view. We were starboard. Would defanitely stay in a category
8d again, just not on the fifth floor.

When we went to the muster drill we got to stay inside. Yay baby. In the D Lounge. This was great as to just how many love bugs were in Florida. I think this was the norm for the group of people staying in the staterooms in our area. I believe they said something about not having enough room. Not real sure though. After the muster drill, off to the Sail Away party. The party was good. But I have nothing to compare it to as on the first cruise I did not go to it. Stayed in our cabin with a sleeping child. But my husband did. And he was dissapointed. He said on the last one the deck was really rockin. Not on this one. I forgot that I had went to register my little one for the kids clubs and that took oh about 5 minutes. We looked around and it was great. Brooke loved it and stayed after the sail away party. We had dinner at 6 at AP. Loved this resturant. Disney has done a great job here. Wonderful. Food was good. Nothing to really brag about though. So after dinner, I would say around 7:30 we got together and headed to the pool area. Empty, Empty, Empty. Did I say Empty. Awesome!!!!!!!!!! Maybe just maybe, that first dinner seating will work out just fine for us. The duck empty, empty, empty. My family had a ball on the duck and my little one in the mickey pool. Very few kids in the pools at all. Rode the duck numerous times over and over, no wait. Even my little one got to ride the duck over and over. If you don't plan on going to the shows, this was a great time to have pool time with hardly no one else there. We knew we would have to sacrafice something on a 3-night cruise because of time, so the shows got our ax. I can't think of much more other than later that night we just headed to our stateroom for bed and oh some wonderful noise from evolution. Which I did call and let them know, as if they did'nt already. More to come, maybe tommorow.

Part 3- ATLANTIS DAY IN NASSUA

We had our breakfast this morning at Royal Palace. I really do prefer the breakfast in the resturants vs Cabanas. One thing I did notice to was a sign
of Cabanas somewhere on deck 11, not sure where it was that had a pic of mickey waffles on it. But there is no mickey waffles at all at Cabanas. Bad advertising. After breakfast which was really good, we just loaded up for aquaventure and we had a good time there. That evening we ate at the Enchanted Garden. I did'nt like the menu much there at all. Just way to many fancy foods. Disney needs to add a little bit more downhome flair to thier menus. After eating we browsed through the ship more and off to the pool areas and the pirate party. Did'nt care much for it, as I had seen the better one back in 2007 though. Got a couple of the cool drinks with the flashing bottoms on them. Fireworks were OK. It just wasn't the same as 2007. And the dessert buffet. What a joke. The one on the Wonder was AMAZZZZIIINNNGGGG. This one was a joke. I guess this in where Disney decided to cut corners. They did leave us some really cute pirate bandanas in our room though. Later for bed and another night of noise, in which my in-laws were really getting pissed off by this time.

Last edited by ShellyLynn3630; 05-30-2011 at 06:17 AM.
ShellyLynn3630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:02 AM   #2
DisGal520
surviver of Hurricane Charley @ WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyLynn3630 View Post
Part 1- ARRIVING AND CHECKING IN AT THE PORT

We arrived at the port around 9:30 in the morning. We had stayed at CBR for two nights before and that was an wonderful place to chill. My husband dropped off our party with the porters and he went to park in the parking deck. Made the right decision there. Very torn as to park at the port or go with somewhere much cheaper, but glad we did park there, it was a breeze!!!

We got into line around 9:40 to get check off the list. It started right at ten that morning so we waited about 20 minutes in line outside to do this so it was'nt that bad. Temps were ok, but I would'nt advise getting the port any earlier. Once we got checked off the list, went inside to security and up the escalators to check in. Filled out the health question paper and then off to check in. This took like two minutes top. At the line they ask us if we had cruised before so we said yes and were directed into the CC club line. This line looked a lot shorter than the first time cruisers line. We got boarding number four, little dissapointed, was hoping for a two or three, but believe me four was pretty good. Got checked in with our clerk, took about ten minutes top and we were done.

I did not wait in line at the port to check my daughter into the kids clubs, good decision. Don't do it. It takes at the most two minutes to do it in the clubs. I did wait in line for her a pic with Minnie though. I do wish they would have at least two characters at the port instead of just one. They started calling numbers very promptly at 11:45. We got onboard by noon.
I will add more maybe this afternoon. My house is a mess, gotta get cleaning.

You got in line at the CC desk about 10:30 and you still got a number four boarding???
Had you done any online check in before you got to the port?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2011, 08:12 AM   #3
scootch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisGal520 View Post
You got in line at the CC desk about 10:30 and you still got a number four boarding???
The number one is only for concierge and back to backers(and they are already back on by 1030am) so 4 is not bad, they call the numbers very quickly.
~~Nov 2005 Contemporary
~~November 2006 Contemporary Making memories with my 21 year old niece with cancer
Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007
~~November 2007 WL
~~Nov 08 VWL
~~Nov 09 WDW BLT DiscoveryCove SeaWorld and DCL Wonder
~~April 2011 B2B Disney Dream
~~Nov 2011 WDW/BLT
~~Nov 2012 VWL/ Eastern Fantasy
~~ June 2013 DISNEYLAND/CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
~~Feb 2014 Contemporary/ Disney Eastern Fantasy
~~Nov 2014 Disney Grand Floridian Villas
scootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:42 AM   #4
ShellyLynn3630
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisGal520 View Post
No. We got our boarding numbers directly when we approached the check in desk. After you fill out your health questions paper you will be directed to that area. The attendant will ask you whether you are a previous cruiser or not and hand you your number and direct you into which line you will go into.
I did'nt even realize that I had been given our boarding number by him for a few minutes later. I would guesstimate that it was probably maybe say oh, 10:15 that I recieved my boarding number. Yes, I did do the online check in. But I am under the impression that the arriving at the port time that you check when you do check in online, is having no effect any longer as to which boarding number you get. Rather, it may be back to first come, first get, which I do like. Now, crap my house is not getting cleaned with me being here. Oh, and I will add that one of the other dissers here got there I would say about 10-15 minutes before us and got a number three.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:09 AM   #5
moniqueelaine
Mouseketeer

Looking forward to reading more...Sounds like check in is a breeze....hopefully it will be when we go
Old 05-27-2011, 10:21 AM   #6
annabug
DIS Veteran

looking foward to hearing all about your cruise
glad you had a good time
annabug

(me) (DH) (DD) (DS)
annabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:49 PM   #7
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootch View Post
The number one is only for concierge and back to backers(and they are already back on by 1030am) so 4 is not bad, they call the numbers very quickly.
Boarding #1 is for Concierge, Platinum CC members and handicapped guests. B2B cruisers do not get issued a boarding number (at least it was not our experience) as we were ushered off the first cruise and and then back on the 2nd cruise without being in the terminal with any new guests...just the B2B ones.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

Last edited by mmouse37; 05-28-2011 at 11:46 AM.
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:36 AM   #8
ShellyLynn3630
DIS Veteran

Bumping after finishing part 2. Any more questions, just ask.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:25 AM   #9
a_sailor's_wife
DIS Veteran

We were on this exact same cruise. We arrived around 10 am. Once we went through security, health questions, and got into the check out line, it was probably 10:30. We were given boarding number 8. We were on the ship around 12:30. So they really had the lines moving.
a_sailor's_wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:18 AM   #10
ShellyLynn3630
DIS Veteran

bumping
Old 05-30-2011, 10:36 PM   #11
tigger2on
I can't believe I read this WHOLE thing!
Mom to the Incredible Smiley Ryleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyLynn3630 View Post
We had orginally planned to eat and hit the duck, but the amount of love bugs was so horrific
OMG!!! Be ever so grateful that you weren't on the May 15th cruise as well because the love bugs were scarce on the 19th compared to that cruise!!! Literally... the white walls were black with them on the previous cruise and it took the crew 24 hours+ of clean up to get rid of the carcasses
WDW trips with my kids: May 2001, December 2002, November 2003, May 2004, September 2004, October 2005, September 2006, May 2007, May 2008, February 2009, Sept/Oct 2009, February 2010, May 2011, October 2011, May 2012

DCL trips: Wonder 2001, 2004, 2010 Dream - 3x 2011Wonder 5-night 2013
tigger2on is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: