Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2011, 08:25 PM   #46
ptmmg
DIS Veteran

can't wait to hear more
ptmmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:45 PM   #47
TxDisneyMomma
Earning My Ears

This may be a dumb question but I've never cruised before, is there a place to change into your swimsuits before your room is ready? DH and the kids want to get on the Aqua Duck thing before it gets to crowded.
TxDisneyMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2011, 09:12 PM   #48
sws.london
Anglophile

Yes you can change in the bathrooms that are on that deck.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:56 PM   #49
Princess Sleepy
DIS Veteran

How crazy was it trying to get pictures with the princesses? We are debating if it will be easier on board or in the parks after the cruise.

Feb 2009: Poly Jan 2010: Pop
June 2010: CBR October 2011: The Dream
November 2011: POR May 2012: AKV- Kidani
February 2013: POR May 2013: CBR December 2013: The Fantasy
Princess Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:27 PM   #50
TxDisneyMomma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws.london View Post
Yes you can change in the bathrooms that are on that deck.
Thank you!!
TxDisneyMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:24 AM   #51
redman822
Mouseketeer

Can kids (DD8) go from Oceaneer Club to Oceaneer Lab without having a parent to take them? Looking at the Navigators posted I can see my daughter wanting to do stuff that is at both places.
redman822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:51 AM   #52
Spectrum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Sleepy View Post
How crazy was it trying to get pictures with the princesses? We are debating if it will be easier on board or in the parks after the cruise.
It was very easy. The line was long but it moved fairly quickly. I'd guess we were on line about 15-20 minutes before we got to the first Princess. Plus there were two times during the day to see them.
Spectrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:03 AM   #53
mdinowitz
Mouseketeer

Regarding the Oceaneers club and lab- They are all one continuous space. There are many rooms, and the computer updates every 20 seconds to let the staff know where the kids are (based on the mickey bands). The kids move freely throughout the space. When you show up to pick them up the cast member will be able to tell you right away which room they are in.

Don't be overwhelmed the first night at the "open house" for the clubs. It is CRAZY! Kids and parents are running everywhere, it is noisy and chaotic. I was considering not bringing my kids back, so I asked a CM if it would be like that the whole cruise, and she just giggled and assured me that once the parents were gone, and scheduled activities started it would be much calmer. She was right- my kids LOVED it, as it seemed most kids did.
There were around 75 CM's for the kids activities. On our last carnival cruise there were 4. The cast members weren't just babysitters- they were performers! They got into characters for different activities and were very hands on. My kids are still talking about it.
mdinowitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:48 AM   #54
redman822
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the quick response, mdinowitz.

Yeah, I know she'll love it, and I am glad to hear that both are connected. As for chaos in the lab/club - it can't be any worse than her daycare.

It takes a special type of person to work in those places - I love my DD but I think I'd lose what was left of my sanity in about 3 hours...

Last edited by redman822; 03-03-2011 at 01:10 PM.
redman822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:19 AM   #55
swandiverpatt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdue Mouse View Post
I gave up on the hairdryer. I treated my self to a shampoo and blow dry in the spa after we returned to the boat on Castaway Cay. My hair looked pretty bad. Even a Micky hat wouldn't have helped!
I just noted your Purdue avatar -- I worked at Purdue for decades prior to moving down here 6 years ago!
Old 03-03-2011, 10:40 AM   #56
Princess Sleepy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
It was very easy. The line was long but it moved fairly quickly. I'd guess we were on line about 15-20 minutes before we got to the first Princess. Plus there were two times during the day to see them.
Do you have to wait in separate lines for each princess like in the park, or do you get to see them all once you get to the front of the line?

Feb 2009: Poly Jan 2010: Pop
June 2010: CBR October 2011: The Dream
November 2011: POR May 2012: AKV- Kidani
February 2013: POR May 2013: CBR December 2013: The Fantasy
Princess Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:17 PM   #57
dbxazd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiep View Post
Yup...standing under a light bulb would have worked just as well....an Easy Bake Oven for hair
this post has me LOL!!

Thanks for the smile :thumbsup:

Robin
WDW 6/92 (FWCG);WDW Honeymoon 9/96 (POFQ); WDW w/ Ga & kids 12/06 (CS); Disney Magic 12/07; "Magic"al Christmas 12/08; Mother's Day in WDW (Pop C) 05/09; Carroll/Hart/Stevens trip to WDW (POR) 11/10; Motley Cruisin' on the Dream 6/21/11; Fantasy Cruisin' with Mickey 12/1/12; WDW & Dream Cruise 6/14; upcoming Moms Trip for EPCOT F&W 10/14 (POFQ); upcoming Dream Cruise 7/10/15
dbxazd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:07 PM   #58
TexasDreamer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redman822 View Post
Can kids (DD8) go from Oceaneer Club to Oceaneer Lab without having a parent to take them? Looking at the Navigators posted I can see my daughter wanting to do stuff that is at both places.
Yes, they are connected so it is really just too different ends of one big area. You can also check them in at the OC and out at the OL or vise versa depending on what is most convenient for you. When you go to check them out, the kids wrist band will tell you exactly where they are in either area--very cool.
TexasDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:16 PM   #59
rosey111
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Sleepy View Post
Do you have to wait in separate lines for each princess like in the park, or do you get to see them all once you get to the front of the line?
you get in one line and the princesses are lined up...you stop by each princess for a photo/autograph.
rosey111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:28 PM   #60
richmondcruiser
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogibigdog View Post
On the Dream....Be sure the hairdryer is plugged into the correct outlet. It is a 220 volt. It worked fine for me in the right plug. My roommate had it in the wrong outlet and it did not work well for her. There is a 220 plug at the desk area.
Recently sailed on the Dream and can confirm the hairdryer works great as long as you plug it into the far right outlet on the desk. Might have to unplug the Wave phone first. I also discovered an extra outlet next to the bed, so our room had plenty of outlets.
richmondcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: