Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2011, 05:25 PM   #16
prettypixie
Dznydva

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannahNoahMommy View Post
We had Warren from St. Vincent & Katerina as his assistant. They were both very nice & personable, but I didn't feel like either did anything above or beyond for us.
Oh my goodness we had the same servers, what time was your dinner? We had late dininng, maybe we were close by each other. Anyway I agree that neither did anything special, I felt like they were rushed in trying to greet everyone and get the meals out. Did you ever meet the head server? I think his name was Mateo based on the tip form. I thought at the very least he would have made an appearance so we would know who to speak with if we had any issues but we never saw him!

prettypixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:35 PM   #17
HannahNoahMommy
Mouseketeer

How funny! We had the late seating too (table 61). Alot of people noticed us the first night because Noah slept through the whole dinner & just woke up a few times to take a bite & go back to sleep.

We met the head server many times because Noah is allergic to tree nuts, and Warren had to check with him anytime Noah ordered anything. Also, my inlaws are on strict diets (no white flour, no sugars...), so they talked to the head server many times. He was not very helpful though.

-Renee
HannahNoahMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2011, 07:25 PM   #18
TamieH
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if Kendall (server from Trinidad & Tobago) is on the Dream and will be on thru 6/3? I read that he was supposed to be on the Dream and have requested him again, but would like to hear confirmation. We cruise 5/29-6/3. Thanks
TamieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:50 PM   #19
babypinkbunny
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55dznypal View Post
our head server was Leandro from Brazil

great personality--very efficient--

loved to talk --

next time Im planning on requesting him

his wife is also on the dream--he wanted to change to one of the other ships

to be with his wife--the dream wanted him to stay with them so they made sure his wife got transfered to the dream!!!

he introduced us to her I cant think of her name it might be Lucinda

she is also very nice--
We also had Leandro from brazil. We was great. We also like chris from canada. We had him as an assistant one night when our asst was sick. Wished we would have had chris the whole time because the other guy wasn't that great.

Disney Wonder - 2004; Disney Dream Castaway Cay Wedding, Feb. 2011; Disney Dream Anniversary Cruise Feb. 2012; Disney Fantasy Oct. 2012
babypinkbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:14 PM   #20
LadyRob
DIS Veteran

We had Jayson and Adriana last month. I absolutely adore Jayson. This month was Grissell and Darko. Grissell was wonderful, especially with my DD5. She made sure that her meals were out in time for her to catch the kids club counselors when they made their rounds. We've had problems with that in the past. Darko is a bit soft spoken but got the job done.

Aug '06 - AKL; Oct '06 - ASSp, Pop; Jan '07 - Pop (Half Marathon); March '07 - AKL, Wonder 4-Night; Nov '07 - Thanksgiving Grand Gathering;
June '08 - AKL, Dec '08 - Pop; May '09 - Girls Only Princess Weekend; Aug '09 - Cruisin' on the Magic; Jan '10 - Pop; March '10 - Royal Family 5k;
Dec '10 - Birthday Weekend; Jan '11 - Dream preview cruise; Feb '11 - Dream 3-night; May '11 - Dream 3-night; Oct '11 - Dream 3-night;
Oct '12 - POR; Nov '12 - Dream 3-night; Feb '13 - AKL; May '13 - Pop; June '13 - Dream 3-night; July '13 - Dream 3-night . . . Plus many more!

Me DBF DD18 DD9 FINALLY PLATINUM!
LadyRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:32 PM   #21
tinkerbell0611
Earning My Ears

Kabelo Mossaine from South Africa is on the Dream and he is the BEST! You will be delighted with him. He is amazing -- and you will be glad you asked for him. Tell him Mama nancy (that's what he calls me) said hi and we will see him in June!
tinkerbell0611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:32 AM   #22
CSwan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDuo View Post
We had a great team during early dining on the Maiden Voyage.

Alex from Chile was Server, he was friendly and lots of fun. He would do puzzles with crayons that kept us all entertained!

Sandro from FRance was Assistant, he was new and a bit hesitant, but very nice.

Head Server was Pascal from Belgium, he was also very friendly, stopped by our table every night. He was the best Head Server we've had on three cruises.

We enjoyed the trio very much and would highly recommend them.

Blessings - Lin
We had Pascal from Belgium on our Wonder cruise in 2008 and have requested him for our upcoming cruise this June! I wonder if he will still be on board??? He was a server in 2008- so glad to hear he was promoted! Isn't he fantastic!!!! My daughter absolutely loved him! In fact, she bought him a Christmas ornament of Pascal from the movie Tangled and has it her suitcase to give to him! I sure hope he is there in June!!!
Past Disney Vacations:May 2006 WDW POR & Disney Wonder 3 Day with My Disney Fairytale Wedding May 2008 WDW AKL & Disney Wonder 4 DayJuly 2010 WDW SSR June 2011 Disney World June 26th, 2011 Disney DREAMAugust 2012 Disney World at the Art of Animation Resort October 2012 Disney World Swan and Dolphin Our First MNSSHP
My First Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1831750[/COLOR]
CSwan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:49 AM   #23
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRob View Post
We had Jayson and Adriana last month. I absolutely adore Jayson. This month was Grissell and Darko. Grissell was wonderful, especially with my DD5. She made sure that her meals were out in time for her to catch the kids club counselors when they made their rounds. We've had problems with that in the past. Darko is a bit soft spoken but got the job done.
Love Grissell!

Her darling husband, Jullien, is working in Remy, so if anyone is dining there, as for him!

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:24 AM   #24
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamieH View Post
Does anyone know if Kendall (server from Trinidad & Tobago) is on the Dream and will be on thru 6/3? I read that he was supposed to be on the Dream and have requested him again, but would like to hear confirmation. We cruise 5/29-6/3. Thanks
I haven't actually been onboard yet, but I have seen pictures and yes Kendall is on the Dream. He had also told us last June that he would be, but those things can always change.

rotary2808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:42 AM   #25
NTOFD
Ready to go

[QUOTE=LadyRob;40118777]We had Jayson and Adriana last month. I absolutely adore Jayson.

We had Jayson and Adriana on both legs of our B2B last week, they were great.
In 2009 on the Wonder we had Aiko as an assistant server, she was really good. I saw her at the group of tables next to ours and would have requested her on the second leg if Jayson hadn't been so good.
2-3/09-B2B Magic, 8/09-AS,Wonder,WL, 12/09-Hard Rock,Wonder,Riverside, 3/10-Boardwalk,Magic, 10/10 Pop, 1/11-OKW, 2/17/11-B2B Dream, 4/27/11 Wonder LA-Vanc. Repo, 10/11 Dolphin, 2/16/12 Dream, FQ, 4/21/12 Fantasy, 6/15/12 NYC 2 Day Magic, 8/17/12 NYC 8 Day Magic, B2B Fantasy 3/17/13 Western & 3/23/13 Eastern to San Juan,11/20/13 Magic from Miami, Next 04/11/14 Magic
NTOFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:45 PM   #26
Evans Family
Disney Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamieH View Post
I think he is. I believe we had his sister as an asst. server on our Xmas cruise in December. She (Cindy) is moving to the Dream this month and will be a full server.

Evans Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:25 PM   #27
kstategrad
Disney Fanatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2brooke76 View Post
On our last cruise on the wonder we had Banjo. I'm not sure if he moved over to the Dream or not, but he was AWESOME! He absolutely was the best server that we ever had. Since we're going to be dining with you, I thought I'd suggest him
We had Banjo last January on the Wonder! I agree--he's awesome! We are now Facebook friends and he is headed over to the Dream (if he's not there already)!
kstategrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:32 PM   #28
55dznypal
Earning My Ears

babypinkbunny

thats funny you had the same server we did

what cruise table were you at

we were on the dream 2-10 thru 2-13 at table 56

your name isnt by chance Barb is it

our table partners were so nice and we forgot to exchange email addys
55dznypal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:41 PM   #29
Weedy
DIS Veteran

We were on the Dream 2/17. We had Rajesh as our server and Srdjan as our assistant both were great!!! Ivo was the head server and was very attentive and soo nice!!! This was our 8th cruise and we have never see the head server as much as we did Ivo.
Weedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:54 PM   #30
babypinkbunny
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55dznypal View Post
thats funny you had the same server we did

what cruise table were you at

we were on the dream 2-10 thru 2-13 at table 56

your name isnt by chance Barb is it

our table partners were so nice and we forgot to exchange email addys
We boarded on the 13th. We had table 55. We missed you by one sailing. You were leaving the ship as we were coming on.

Disney Wonder - 2004; Disney Dream Castaway Cay Wedding, Feb. 2011; Disney Dream Anniversary Cruise Feb. 2012; Disney Fantasy Oct. 2012
babypinkbunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: