Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2012, 12:54 PM   #991
Green Tea
I don't do hatchets

How is the search going for all?
Green Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:01 PM   #992
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Tea View Post
How is the search going for all?
Well, my HS freshman dd is doing pretty well. She reads the course catalogs on her own. She is scary.

She has been SO adamant on "Northwestern" and the other day came up to me and said she has changed her mind because they do not have a business degree but certificate? Not sure what that means.

She wants a degree in business and actually a double major in communications but is not sure how she will be able to do that.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2012, 01:02 PM   #993
Robinrs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by piglet too View Post
As I shared on the "Class of 2012" thread, my DS received a phone call from Carroll University last Friday telling him he has been accepted. His admissions rep also confirmed his merit scholarship. He is pretty excited, as this is his #1 school and does not plan to apply anywhere else.

We were pretty surprised that she called him to give him the news, always thought it was just done by letter.
Awesome!! That is a nice plus!

Robinrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:56 PM   #994
Green Tea
I don't do hatchets

4 acceptances, 0 rejections so far.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:02 PM   #995
SC Minnie
Are we there yet???
Buying toilet paper is like flushing money down the toilet.
The folded over ones are the absolute best!!!

DD applied to 2 and got into both. She's only really interested in 1 of them though.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:13 PM   #996
LOVETHATMOUSE
DIS Veteran
*~*Some LOVE from the Tag Fairy!*~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by js View Post
Congratulations Buckalew11! How wonderful!
My dd (along with my dh and I) are anxiously awaiting to hear from Muhlenberg, where my dd wants to major in bio and become an othodontist.
She visited 3 times and applied ED about the second week of October so, hopefully, we will hear something this month!
Good luck to all!
My dd is very interested in going to Muhlenberg..its her first choice (on paper)...for the dance program. We are going to visit in March - she can't wait to see it
Old 01-23-2012, 07:54 PM   #997
js
Good things come to those who wait
Joyful Mommy, WISHer, cruiser
Wants to see Tinkerbell fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVETHATMOUSE View Post
My dd is very interested in going to Muhlenberg..its her first choice (on paper)...for the dance program. We are going to visit in March - she can't wait to see it
Good luck, lovethatmouse. My dd was accepted about a week or so before Thanksgiving to Muhlenberg where she will major in biology.
She received the Tuition Exchange Scholarship (I work in a private college) along with some housing so we are ALL very excited

We plan on all going back in March or April for another tour so she can bring my mother and inlaws to see her new home for the next four years.

I know from my dd the accepted students already have a fb page for class of 2016 where they are organizing a day for all of them to meet up in the city. Finally, using FB for what it should be used for LOL

I see you are from NY. We are too.

Good luck to your daughter
Old 01-23-2012, 08:40 PM   #998
padams
Hey, I've never posted on a locked thread before
I am always Cindy Lou Hoo
We've had them howling under our bedroom

Congratulations to all those seniors with acceptances. Keeping my fingers crossed for good news for those still waiting. I've been lurking on this thread because I have a hs sophomore.
padams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:25 PM   #999
collegejunkie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
Well, my HS freshman dd is doing pretty well. She reads the course catalogs on her own. She is scary.

She has been SO adamant on "Northwestern" and the other day came up to me and said she has changed her mind because they do not have a business degree but certificate? Not sure what that means.

She wants a degree in business and actually a double major in communications but is not sure how she will be able to do that.
she can come to cornell and double major in applied economics and management (our undergrad business major) and communications. pm me if you have any questions

collegejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:40 AM   #1000
LOVETHATMOUSE
DIS Veteran
*~*Some LOVE from the Tag Fairy!*~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by js View Post
Good luck, lovethatmouse. My dd was accepted about a week or so before Thanksgiving to Muhlenberg where she will major in biology.
She received the Tuition Exchange Scholarship (I work in a private college) along with some housing so we are ALL very excited

We plan on all going back in March or April for another tour so she can bring my mother and inlaws to see her new home for the next four years.

I know from my dd the accepted students already have a fb page for class of 2016 where they are organizing a day for all of them to meet up in the city. Finally, using FB for what it should be used for LOL

I see you are from NY. We are too.

Good luck to your daughter
Congrats on your daughter's acceptance, and yes, FB can be used for good sometimes
Old 01-24-2012, 05:45 AM   #1001
Green Tea
I don't do hatchets

For those that have visited Muhlenberg, would love to hear more.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:48 AM   #1002
swanmom
Victoria and Alberts - Hands Down
Some people got a lot more time than they have sense
Was that a Sonic Boom or is my DH ironing again?

My DD was admitted to Boston College last year at this time and the accepted students did the same facebook meet-up. They met at a restaurant in Manhattan. She had a great time. It was really helpful for her to have a few familiar faces when she showed up on campus.
If it is any help to anyone searching now, DD could not be happier at BC. She LOVES it and every phone call is about some great professor, or new thing to do, or great activity offered. We didn't know a lot about campus life before she went, but I have to say we're thrilled. If anyone would like to have some first-hand info as they do their search, let me know.
swanmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:35 AM   #1003
SueInBoston
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanmom View Post
We didn't know a lot about campus life before she went, but I have to say we're thrilled. If anyone would like to have some first-hand info as they do their search, let me know.
BC has a lovely campus, it's literally a stone's throw from my house. I run at the BC reservoir
SueInBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #1004
swanmom
Victoria and Alberts - Hands Down
Some people got a lot more time than they have sense
Was that a Sonic Boom or is my DH ironing again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueInBoston View Post
BC has a lovely campus, it's literally a stone's throw from my house. I run at the BC reservoir
You've probably passed each other ! DD runs the reservoir 3-4 times a week.
swanmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:21 PM   #1005
A_Princess'_Daddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanmom View Post
My DD was admitted to Boston College last year at this time and the accepted students did the same facebook meet-up. They met at a restaurant in Manhattan. She had a great time. It was really helpful for her to have a few familiar faces when she showed up on campus.
If it is any help to anyone searching now, DD could not be happier at BC. She LOVES it and every phone call is about some great professor, or new thing to do, or great activity offered. We didn't know a lot about campus life before she went, but I have to say we're thrilled. If anyone would like to have some first-hand info as they do their search, let me know.
I went to undergraduate and graduate school just across the river in Cambridge and I always thought BC had the most beautiful campus (even nicer than my own, which is very pretty and which I love but was a bit too urban for me). I have a few friends who went there, and they all adore the school and are unbelievably grateful and very successful alumni. Your daughter will have a wonderful experience, in my opinion!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: