Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2011, 09:36 PM   #1
mtgirl29
Mouseketeer

Snow Days....Smow Days! I AM BACK 6/12

Okay, here is the latest dilemma. My daughter, Kay, who is in 3rd grade was supposed to get out of school on May 20th. Well, here in the midwest we had a lot more bad weather this winter than usual and now school does not get out until June 6th. We have had our vacation booked since November for May 29th, so that means that we will have to pull her out 1 week + 1 day early.

My name is TK (38) and I am a sahm to 2 wonderful kids; DD - Kay(9) DS-Jay(5) and am married to DH - Mike(39) he is the Disneyworld planner and this mild manner man turns into the "Drill Sargeant" as the kids and I affectionately call him once we set foot in Disneyworld.

This is what dh has planned thus far with lodging, parks and dining reservations:

Sat May 28th

Leave @ 5 am

Distance – 805 miles Time – 13 hours

Arrive 7 pm Lake Park, GA

Sun May 29th

Leave 8 am – Lake Park, GA

Distance – 210 miles Time – 3hours 15 mins

Arrive 12pm – Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort

Park - Magic Kingdom

Dinner: Grand Floridian Café

Mon May 30th

Park – EPCOT

Tue May 31st

Park – Disney Studios

Dinner: 50's Prime Time Café

Wed June 1st

Lunch: Rainforest Café® Animal Kingdom

Thur June 2nd

Park – EPCOT

Dinner: San Angel Inn Epcot

Fri June 3rd

Park - Magic Kingdom

Lunch: Crystal Palace

I am still trying to figure out how to post pictures, so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

We are soooo excited and Kay is really wanting for us to do a trip report for this vacation since we so enjoy reading all the others. So bear with me while I try to figure out what I am doing.

Last edited by mtgirl29; 06-14-2011 at 09:47 PM. Reason: UPDATED
mtgirl29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:22 PM   #2
mtgirl29
Mouseketeer

Cast of Characters for Disney Trip (5/29-6/3/2011)

The Family - from our 2009 Walt Disney World Adventure.

Me - TK (38)

DH - Mike (39)

DD - Kay (9) - she was (7) in this photo:

DS - Jay (5) - he was (3) in this photo:

Well, I am keeping my fingers crossed that these post since I had to watch the DIS board tutorial to find out to do this. If it works, we will in be in business. I will post pics from our past Disney vacations.

From the preview, it looks like we are in business.

Stay tuned......

Last edited by mtgirl29; 02-25-2011 at 06:54 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2011, 03:44 PM   #3
britt_ji
Mouseketeer

Looks like you've got the pictures figured out We will be there around the same time (in some of the same parks). Good luck with all your planning...

May 29 - June 3 @ Port Orleans-Riverside
College Graduation/Birthday/First Trip (we all have something to celebrate!)
My First Pre-Trip Report
britt_ji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:31 PM   #4
mtgirl29
Mouseketeer

A Trip Down Memory Lane - WDW Trip 2007

Going down memory lane and pulled out my old pictures of my very first trip to WDW which was September 2007. Just looking at those photos really have amped the excitement for our upcoming trip!
Currently, I am downloading to Photobucket so I can post some of them. The 2007 trip was the first for me and DD - Kay, but DH -Mike had been when he was 13. DH's parents said that he really didn't seem to enjoy that trip, but something must have clicked in him, because as an adult he is a total fanatic now.

DD-Kay and I totally enjoyed ourselves but poor DS-Jay was only 18 mos. at that time and had a vacation at Grandma's house. He loves Grandma and I am sure he had a great time and anyway he didn't know what he was missing.

Here is a few pics from the 2007 WDW trip:

This is a picture of lil' man the day we were leaving for Disney. Isn't he sweet!!

Here he is waving "good-bye" while we all sneaked off to Disney...

I hope it doesn't classify me as a bad mom, but it was going to be my very first trip and well, "He LOVES Grandma".....I'll keep telling myself that...

We stayed at the Coronado Springs and it was a very pretty resort.

This is the very first pic of Kay in Disney. She looks so little...because she was only 5 on this trip in Sept. she turned 6 in Oct.

We still have our 1st visit pins. She was a little daredevil that first trip and rode everything she was tall enough to ride. She has developed a bit of fear since then and will not ride ToT, Mt. Everest and had some apprehension on Splash Mt.
I am interested to see how this trip will pan out.

This is a picture of me experiencing my very first Disney parade.

A few parade pics:

It was so sunny and beautiful during the parade and then KABOOOM! out of nowhere it started raining. Gotta love Florida weather.

Poor Kay was soaked!!!

Still smiling and still having a blast!

Boy, that was so much fun!!!! Well, I guess I will wrap it up here. I will try to do some more reminicing tomorrow. Have to share the character dining experience at Crystal Place and much more. We have another Character Dining at CP planned for this trip. So my lil' guy will get to experience Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, etc. this time. CANNOT WAIT!

Last edited by mtgirl29; 02-25-2011 at 04:22 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:20 PM   #5
mtgirl29
Mouseketeer

Last edited by mtgirl29; 02-26-2011 at 06:11 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:51 AM   #6
britt_ji
Mouseketeer

Great pictures! Can't wait to hear about Crystal Palace, since we are doing it during our upcoming trip.

No worries, I'm sure Jay and Grandma had a fun time together Don't think he will let you leave him again, though...

My First Pre-Trip Report
Old 02-26-2011, 06:14 PM   #7
mtgirl29
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by britt_ji View Post
Great pictures! Can't wait to hear about Crystal Palace, since we are doing it during our upcoming trip.

No worries, I'm sure Jay and Grandma had a fun time together Don't think he will let you leave him again, though...
Yes, it is official, Jay LOVES Disney! No more trips without him.
Crystal Palace coming up!
Old 02-26-2011, 07:08 PM   #8
mtgirl29
Mouseketeer

Crystal Palace and More Disney Memories from 2007

We have a dining reservation for Crystal Palace for this upcoming trip on Friday, June 3rd, which is our very last night in Disney.

It is funny too, though, because on my very first trip in 2007, The Crystal Palace was my very first dinner and first ever experience of a character meal at Disney. We really enjoyed seeing all the characters and this place really gives you that warm and fuzzy "I am at Disney" feel.

Here is a picture of Kay beaming while waiting for Tigger to sign her autograph book:

Kay finishing up her dinner (looks like she needed a napkin)

Hugging Pooh!

I love the plants that look like characters that they have there, too. Not sure if this an actual plant....but it was very cute! Here is Tigger:

Crystal Palace had some scrumptious food to boot! Buffet style so many different choice and this girl likes choices!!!

Next we meet up with some friends from back home and we all go to The '50's Prime Time Cafe - LOVE, LOVE that place and excited to have dining reservations for our up coming trip! Will the waitress embarrass us? Will she make us remove our elbows from the table or finish our veggies?
Old 02-27-2011, 03:34 PM   #9
britt_ji
Mouseketeer

Once again, loved the update and pictures! Crystal Palace will be our last table service meal at Disney, too. Can't wait to get a picture with that bear

My brother said he loved 50's PTC when he ate there, as well. Maybe we'll eat there next trip...someday. Looking forward to your story. I hear it get's quite interesting in there.

This is random, but have you tried putting a link to the PTR in your signature? Great newbie tip (it's helping me meet new DISers).

Well, can't wait to hear more!

My First Pre-Trip Report
Old 02-27-2011, 07:34 PM   #10
mtgirl29
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by britt_ji View Post
Once again, loved the update and pictures! Crystal Palace will be our last table service meal at Disney, too. Can't wait to get a picture with that bear

My brother said he loved 50's PTC when he ate there, as well. Maybe we'll eat there next trip...someday. Looking forward to your story. I hear it get's quite interesting in there.

This is random, but have you tried putting a link to the PTR in your signature? Great newbie tip (it's helping me meet new DISers).

Well, can't wait to hear more!
Thanks so much for the tip. Any others you have is greatly appreciated! I am computer illiterate, even though my hubby is in the IT profession. I need him to give me a few tips on how to do this or look for a tutorial. If it is easy to explain how to do this, please let me know.

Love your PTR, by the way. I think we both are super excited about our upcoming trips. Cannot believe it is the exact same dates! I love seeing the count down on your page. I know when I see those numbers it is getting closer minute by minute.... Keep on with the planning! I will keepn on with the reading!
Old 02-27-2011, 07:58 PM   #11
sassyredhead
DIS Veteran

We'll be there with ya!

Our trip is planned for the same time frame. We're scheduled for Epcot on June 2nd, too. Happy planning!

May 2006 POR , May 2007 POFQ, March 2010 SSR, May 2011 CSR, RPH

Memorial Week 2011 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2738868
sassyredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:30 PM   #12
mtgirl29
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyredhead View Post
Our trip is planned for the same time frame. We're scheduled for Epcot on June 2nd, too. Happy planning!
Only 91 days away! Cannot wait to be in Disney Heaven.

Thanks for stopping by! I am headed to your PTR now to see what your plans are. Looking forward to it.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:05 AM   #13
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgirl29 View Post
Okay, here is the latest dilemma. My daughter, Kay, who is in 3rd grade was supposed to get out of school on May 20th. Well, here in the midwest we had a lot more bad weather this winter than usual and now school does not get out until June 6th. We have had our vacation booked since November for May 29th, so that means that we will have to pull her out 1 week + 1 day early.

Arrive 12pm – Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
Dinner: 50's Prime Time Café
Lunch: Rainforest Café® Animal Kingdom

I hope it doesn't classify me as a bad mom, but it was going to be my very first trip and well, "He LOVES Grandma".....I'll keep telling myself that...
Jumping onboard!

You're arriving shortly after we're checking out. We're sorta in the same boat on the school stuff. We haven't seen snow in years, and then school was out for over a week (and then days here and there). They've not announced the official last day of school yet, and won't do so until late March. It was enough that my friend (who is a teacher) can't join us this year.

But the way I see it, they won't change the state testing dates, and those are the important things (which is usually in late April for us). So all they do in May is usually review and prep for the following year. I can't see them missing anything, and its lame that they extend the school year. Plus, most classes are able to get caught back up easily, anyway.

We stayed at CBR last year and loved it! We were unlucky with buses, but that was really our only complaint with CBR (and it wasn't enough to actually complain or put a damper on our stay). My kiddos absolutely loved the pool area!

We'll be attempting out first 50s PTC dinner on our upcoming stay. DH is apprehensive, but I youtubed a TON of videos, and I think he'll be fine. He'll get in trouble, I'm sure (pending we have a good server in character). I'm hoping to get some of it on video.

Rainforest Cafe is one of our favorite restaurants. We're sad that its not on the DDP. We didn't tempt it last year (and won't this year) and pay OOP because the storms and animatronics really upset our DS .. but we're hoping to go back in another year or two!

As far as leaving DS behind on your first trip, I'd have done the same!

Your family is lovely and your plan looks awesome so far!

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Lidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:26 AM   #14
mtgirl29
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
Jumping onboard!

You're arriving shortly after we're checking out. We're sorta in the same boat on the school stuff. We haven't seen snow in years, and then school was out for over a week (and then days here and there). They've not announced the official last day of school yet, and won't do so until late March. It was enough that my friend (who is a teacher) can't join us this year.

But the way I see it, they won't change the state testing dates, and those are the important things (which is usually in late April for us). So all they do in May is usually review and prep for the following year. I can't see them missing anything, and its lame that they extend the school year. Plus, most classes are able to get caught back up easily, anyway.

We stayed at CBR last year and loved it! We were unlucky with buses, but that was really our only complaint with CBR (and it wasn't enough to actually complain or put a damper on our stay). My kiddos absolutely loved the pool area!

We'll be attempting out first 50s PTC dinner on our upcoming stay. DH is apprehensive, but I youtubed a TON of videos, and I think he'll be fine. He'll get in trouble, I'm sure (pending we have a good server in character). I'm hoping to get some of it on video.

Rainforest Cafe is one of our favorite restaurants. We're sad that its not on the DDP. We didn't tempt it last year (and won't this year) and pay OOP because the storms and animatronics really upset our DS .. but we're hoping to go back in another year or two!

As far as leaving DS behind on your first trip, I'd have done the same!

Your family is lovely and your plan looks awesome so far!
Welcome!!!!
So glad to hear that you stayed at CBR last year and know all about it. We were a little apprehensive about the issue of it not having an elevators. The pool area does look cool and DD is very excited to swim. Sometimes I think she likes swimming as much as she likes Disney. So, I am sure we will be spending plenty of time in the pool.
I, actually, sent an email to her teacher about taking her out early and she didn't seem at all concerned. That really relieve some of the worry.
Our kiddos are the exact same age, as well. We went to T-Rex 2009 when DS was 3 and he was a bit overwhelmed, as well. Wondering how this trip to the Rainforest Cafe will go. I am dissappointed that it is not on the DDP. We, thought it was when reserving it.
PTC was a hoot and am getting ready to post soon about our experience. DH is very mild mannered and was a little nervous about our visit, too....lol! It was all good, though.
Well, we all got a good laugh on his expense and I will explain in my next post.
Laughing while thinking about it!!!!!
Thanks so much for joining us!! Glad to have you!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: