Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 11:17 PM   #1216
TheDisney6
Earning My Ears

Lightbulb Bin #2 is gone, long live bin#2

Quote:
Originally Posted by linn9431 View Post
Tonight I asked the bellhop if there was a red bin in storage for me and he took me into the area where they keep the luggage and bin 1 was there but no sign of bin 2. so I think it is safe to say that bin 2 no longer exist.
Well shucks, that is a bummer. Thanks so much to linn9431 and Disneyforus for all you did to attempt to locate bin#2

I say onward and upward.
I might be able to purchase a bin when I am there, at the very least I will bring a cloth grocery type bag, to put our non-perishables in. I have Mommyofthreeboys (who is on the list after me) info and will leave that for them when we go. And we will restart this puppy!
Hooray for a new bin/box/bag #2
Old 02-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #1217
Disneyforus
Lover of all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by linn9431 View Post
Tonight I asked the bellhop if there was a red bin in storage for me and he took me into the area where they keep the luggage and bin 1 was there but no sign of bin 2. so I think it is safe to say that bin 2 no longer exist.
So sorry, but thanks for all the leg work and checking for it.
We will try and keep it going. If you have the name of the DISer afte you, I would go ahead and package up anything you have left and leave it for them as planned. Don't know if you have a car or are able to purchase a bin, if not...we will get someone to get a new one started.

Enjoy your trip!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney6 View Post
Well shucks, that is a bummer. Thanks so much to linn9431 and Disneyforus for all you did to attempt to locate bin#2

I say onward and upward.
I might be able to purchase a bin when I am there, at the very least I will bring a cloth grocery type bag, to put our non-perishables in. I have Mommyofthreeboys (who is on the list after me) info and will leave that for them when we go. And we will restart this puppy!
Hooray for a new bin/box/bag #2

Thanks for your positive perspective! We have lost a few bins on the way, and have managed to restart without too much problem. I purchased that bin last May, so it had a good run!!

Keep exchanging contact info everyone, and we will get a new bin started ASAP!!
'75~Fort Wilderness '97~offsite HoneymoonMay'07~Orange LakeMay'08~Roesen Center & POP without Kids Jan'09~Caribbean BeachResort Nov'09~Fort Wilderness Sept'10~POFQ for Night of Joy, without kids April'11~Wyndham Bonnet Creek May'12~Wyndham Bonnet CreekAugust'13~Art of Animation
Disneyforus is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #1218
Disneyforus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambiancetc View Post
Hi! We're staying at WBC from 4/19-5/3 I see that the Green bin might be available for our first week? I'd like to sign up for it. I'll be sure to leave some treats in it for the next guest even though we won't be checking out yet. I'd also like to know which bin I could leave stuff on May 4th. Someone PM me please
Sorry I missed your post in all the craziness with the other bin. I have you down for Bin #1 4/19-4/27....when you exchange contact info you might just want to coordinate a face to face exchange with bkoz and keep the bin from going to storage...if you and them are both comfortable with that.

With your extra items you have after you turn over the bin, there are donation boxes in the lobbies of each of the towers that you can turn in non-perishable items and they are donated to a local shelter.

HTH, and enjoy your vacation!!
'75~Fort Wilderness '97~offsite HoneymoonMay'07~Orange LakeMay'08~Roesen Center & POP without Kids Jan'09~Caribbean BeachResort Nov'09~Fort Wilderness Sept'10~POFQ for Night of Joy, without kids April'11~Wyndham Bonnet Creek May'12~Wyndham Bonnet CreekAugust'13~Art of Animation
Old 02-25-2013, 11:17 PM   #1219
ambiancetc
Mouseketeer

Wonderful thank you! I wouldn't mind a face to face I'll be sure to contact everyone well ahead of time!
Disney Make-A-Wish Trip for DS!
5/7 - 5/13/2012 -GKTW
Celebration of Life - Let's do it again!
4/19 - 5/3/2013 - WBC
Squeezing the piggy bank again!
9/6-9/13/13 - WBC & 12/3-6/13 - POP- Shhh surprise Mommy Daughter trip for A's Bday!
If I budget really carefully!
FEB 2014
ambiancetc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:44 AM   #1220
skylizard
DIS Veteran

Can you put me down for bin #2? I'll be checking in 11/15 and out 11/24

And there'll be a AAA parking pass for whoever is after me
skylizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:46 AM   #1221
Disneyforus

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylizard View Post
Can you put me down for bin #2? I'll be checking in 11/15 and out 11/24

And there'll be a AAA parking pass for whoever is after me
You are all set!
Old 03-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #1222
KWithers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by am12pm

Hello! I've been waiting to hear from the person before me (Bdlbls) and have failed to contact you yet in hopes that I hear from them. I'll be actually arriving on Thursday so I will be in touch to let you know. I was in touch with (amyblbls) who said that she just left the screen name "Bdlbls" on the tub. We shall see...but I will be in touch ottawafamilyof4.
am12pm---Just wondering if you were able to get the bin? What are the contents like?
Old 03-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #1223
am12pm
Mouseketeer

Yes, I was able to get the bin out of Bell Services. It is the only limegreen container there so they had no issue finding it. It did still have the name of the person before me on it.

The box itself is shaped like a treasure chest. It really isn't overly large. Inside is a 2 quart crockpot, sunscreen, cocoa butter skin lotion, swim diapers, water wings, little bits of shampoo and conditioner, salt, sugar, creamer, rice, canola oil, disinfectant wipes, sandwich bags, coffee filters, plastic bowls with lids, Halls cough drops, insect repellent.

I hope that helps you all!

WDW 1984 offsite, DLR 1986 offsite, WDW 1989 CR,DLR 2000 DLH, WDW 2000 CSR, WDW 2007 CSR, WDW 2008 Poly, WDW 2009 Poly
WDW Oct/Nov 2012 WBC
WDW Feb/Mar 2013 WBC
WDW Oct 2013 Beach Club
WDW Oct/Nov 2013 WBC
am12pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:36 AM   #1224
nancy155
DIS Veteran

Has bin #2 been located as of yet?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards Nancy

nancy155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #1225
TheDisney6
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy155 View Post
Has bin #2 been located as of yet?

It was not located as far as I know. I will be restarting Bin #2 as a bag,the heavy plastic reusable kind think Costco type from a few years back. I have the info for the person after me. And I will leave it at the bell hop station. When we go. It might not have much in it yet but it will be a start. I will send along the info of what we leave in it to the next person.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:13 AM   #1226
nancy155
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney6

It was not located as far as I know. I will be restarting Bin #2 as a bag,the heavy plastic reusable kind think Costco type from a few years back. I have the info for the person after me. And I will leave it at the bell hop station. When we go. It might not have much in it yet but it will be a start. I will send along the info of what we leave in it to the next person.
We will add to it as well. If I have time I will pick up a rubbermaid some tape and some index cards to add.. Looking forward to a wonderful trip and to keep this going.

nancy155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:59 AM   #1227
kiki02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We will add to it as well. If I have time I will pick up a rubbermaid some tape and some index cards to add.. Looking forward to a wonderful trip and to keep this going.

How does one reserve and borrow (and add!) to the bin? thanks. I left message with OP, I think!
kiki02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #1228
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!
Grew up wanting to be a can can girl
let's just say my whoop whoop's woke the sleeping giant!

what is in bin one versus bin two?
Hide the rum, the 2007 Bad Girl Adventures have begun!
'04 ~ Pop, AKL, ASMo, WL & Wonder Cruise!
'05 ~ ASMo, CBR, CSR, ASMu, Pop, Poly & Eastern Cruise!
'06 ~ POR, ASSports, ASMusic x 2, AKL, BWI, POP & Double Dip Cruise!
'07 ~ CBR, ASMo, BCV x 2, OKW, Orlando Breeze, POP!!
'08 ~ Offsite Knight's Inn YUCK! ~ Stealing the Magic ~ May Repo! Candy Cane Inn!
'09 ~ May DCL Western~Key Lime Pirates!
lillygator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:40 AM   #1229
TheDisney6
Earning My Ears

Cool Long live bin#2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney6 View Post
Quote:
We will add to it as well. If I have time I will pick up a rubbermaid some tape and some index cards to add.. Looking forward to a wonderful trip and to keep this going. Sent from my iPad using DISBoards Nancy
Nancy155, You rock! .
I have gotten a bin (Silver) and have some stuff to leave in it! Tape and index cards are perfect! A marker would be awesome too. I will send a note with the contents to mommmyofthreeboys (next after me) so she will be able to plan accordingly I can cc you (nancy155). As you know contents will vary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki02 View Post
How does one reserve and borrow (and add!) to the bin? thanks. I left message with OP, I think!
Check on page one of this thread. If your dates are open PM or post here to Disneyforall (the organizer of the bin share).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillygator View Post
what is in bin one versus bin two?
It varies! I think the best way to track contents is to hear from the person directly before you. This will not always be possible, we are on vacation with limited access to interwebs and time, so info is at a premium. the person before you will not always have time to let you know what was in it before you arrive. We all do our best.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:58 AM   #1230
Disneyforus

Quote:
Originally Posted by am12pm View Post
Yes, I was able to get the bin out of Bell Services. It is the only limegreen container there so they had no issue finding it. It did still have the name of the person before me on it.

The box itself is shaped like a treasure chest. It really isn't overly large. Inside is a 2 quart crockpot, sunscreen, cocoa butter skin lotion, swim diapers, water wings, little bits of shampoo and conditioner, salt, sugar, creamer, rice, canola oil, disinfectant wipes, sandwich bags, coffee filters, plastic bowls with lids, Halls cough drops, insect repellent.

I hope that helps you all!
Awesome, thanks for the update!!

[QUOTE=TheDisney6;47761890]
I have gotten a bin (Silver)

Yea! Thanks TheDisney6 for getting a bin!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki02 View Post
I got your request and added you for 7/14 -7/15...is that right? Just the two days?