Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 10:17 AM   #946
TwoMisfits
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoMisfits View Post
No instruction sign in Bin 2 - but I'll use ziplocs (or toss) anything I think might contaminate other things when I put it back - thanks for the reminder!
Okay, I was really tired last night - I looked again and there ARE instructions here...

We're in Tower 3 and it's GREAT! Even a parking lot view from floor 6 gives us a beautiful view of a lake and fountains of another hotel - if you get parking lot view, see if you can get a high floor in this tower...and it's perfect for reaching all the different pools (we've been to them all except the one at the main center), mini golf, and the bar and pizza (no walk at the end of the night to get kids food - it's right here!)...we're gonna pick Tower 3 from now on!

Kristy
TwoMisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #947
TwoMisfits
Mouseketeer

Oh, and a tip for picking up Bin 2 - get a rolling cart from bell services! The bin is heavy!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2012, 10:38 AM   #948
Bell2825
Earning My Ears

Can you please take my name off the list for a bin.

Week of feb 9-16 2013
Bell2825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #949
ottawafamilyof4
Earning My Ears

Hi, I'm a newbie. Just booked our first trip to Disney World. Sooo excited!

Is it too early to request the bin for March 9-16, 2013?
ottawafamilyof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #950
BadgerGirl84
I think my biggest pet peeve is when a weird toe pops out the side

Hopefully someone can get an instruction sheet in Bin 1. In addition to the dryer sheets that scented everything, there was an open half bottle of wine and a used jar of peanut butter. We dumped the wine because we didn't know how old it was and I think we dumped the peanut butter because you just never know if someone stuck. Their finger in it or something.

Also, that AAA parking pass that was stated to be on Bin 1 was not in the bin when I looked. Perhaps someone left it in their ar or maybe I just missed it.

BadgerGirl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:47 PM   #951
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy5555 View Post
My family of 8 will be arriving on Oct 6th, checking out Oct 13th. Is there a bin available?
Looks like Bin #2 is available from Oct 8th to the 13th. Bumping your post. Better to have the bins in peoples hands then in storage. Disney4us will have to add you to the list, though...as long as it is still available.
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(7)

Patiently (NOT) waiting for a new ticker

Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:46 PM   #952
Disneyforus
Lover of all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell2825 View Post
Can you please take my name off the list for a bin.

Week of feb 9-16 2013
Yes, no problem. Thanks for letting me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafamilyof4 View Post
Hi, I'm a newbie. Just booked our first trip to Disney World. Sooo excited!

Is it too early to request the bin for March 9-16, 2013?
I added you to Bin #1, once your post count is up to 10 you will be able to send and receive PM....this will allow you to share contact info with the DISers on either side of your stay. Just keep checking back for any updates the closer you get to your trip. The DIS boards have a crazy amount of great info for a first time trip!!!
'75~Fort Wilderness '97~offsite HoneymoonMay'07~Orange LakeMay'08~Roesen Center & POP without Kids Jan'09~Caribbean BeachResort Nov'09~Fort Wilderness Sept'10~POFQ for Night of Joy, without kids April'11~Wyndham Bonnet Creek May'12~Wyndham Bonnet CreekAugust'13~Art of Animation
Disneyforus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:48 PM   #953
Disneyforus
Lover of all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy5555 View Post
My family of 8 will be arriving on Oct 6th, checking out Oct 13th. Is there a bin available?
Sorry I missed your post! Yes, as blessedby3 said...Oct 8-13 is available. Would you like it for those days? Let me know!!!
'75~Fort Wilderness '97~offsite HoneymoonMay'07~Orange LakeMay'08~Roesen Center & POP without Kids Jan'09~Caribbean BeachResort Nov'09~Fort Wilderness Sept'10~POFQ for Night of Joy, without kids April'11~Wyndham Bonnet Creek May'12~Wyndham Bonnet CreekAugust'13~Art of Animation
Disneyforus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #954
ottawafamilyof4
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyforus View Post
Yes, no problem. Thanks for letting me know!

I added you to Bin #1, once your post count is up to 10 you will be able to send and receive PM....this will allow you to share contact info with the DISers on either side of your stay. Just keep checking back for any updates the closer you get to your trip. The DIS boards have a crazy amount of great info for a first time trip!!!

Thanks so much! I think this is such a wonderful idea. We usually try to find someone at the end of our trip who is just checking in to use the stuff we can't take back, so this will be perfect.
ottawafamilyof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:11 PM   #955
TwoMisfits
Mouseketeer

Bin 2 back safe and sound

Hi everybody,

I took the opportunity to de-glitter and purge the "old" stuff in bin 2 (expired coupons, broken/incomplete stuff, etc) and I brought it back to bell services in the main building tonight...I added a bunch of stuff to the bin (all bottled beverages and food products are from this week and for those wondering, the current contents of the VERY full bin (subject to change by person) are:

4 qt crockpot
AAA parking pass (in folder in crockpot)
2012 Entertainment book
deck of cards
multiple travel tissue packs
mini sewing kit
badge holders/ID pouches
8 pack 12 oz bottles of Sprite, CF Diet Coke, and (6) of Mott's apple juice
4 pack of Margarita wine coolers
4 Yuengling beers
Bendy Straws
All laundry products (stain remover, detergent, fabric softener - varying quantities)
5 adult ponchos
a set of water wings and 1 swim noodle
All dishwashing products (dishsoap and dishwasher detergent)
Aim toothpaste (full size - unopened)
Windex wipes
Coffee/popcorn/tea
1 pack travel Tylenol
1/2 bottle veggie oil
1/2 roll packing tape

Hope this helps those who are planning (and everyone who gets Bin 2 in the future, I hope you enjoy your trip and the bin like I did...

Kristy
Old 09-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #956
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoMisfits View Post
Hi everybody,

I took the opportunity to de-glitter and purge the "old" stuff in bin 2 (expired coupons, broken/incomplete stuff, etc) and I brought it back to bell services in the main building tonight...I added a bunch of stuff to the bin (all bottled beverages and food products are from this week and for those wondering, the current contents of the VERY full bin (subject to change by person) are:

4 qt crockpot
AAA parking pass (in folder in crockpot)
2012 Entertainment book
deck of cards
multiple travel tissue packs
mini sewing kit
badge holders/ID pouches
8 pack 12 oz bottles of Sprite, CF Diet Coke, and (6) of Mott's apple juice
4 pack of Margarita wine coolers
4 Yuengling beers
Bendy Straws
All laundry products (stain remover, detergent, fabric softener - varying quantities)
5 adult ponchos
a set of water wings and 1 swim noodle
All dishwashing products (dishsoap and dishwasher detergent)
Aim toothpaste (full size - unopened)
Windex wipes
Coffee/popcorn/tea
1 pack travel Tylenol
1/2 bottle veggie oil
1/2 roll packing tape

Hope this helps those who are planning (and everyone who gets Bin 2 in the future, I hope you enjoy your trip and the bin like I did...

Kristy
Wow, thats great! Cant wait to use it
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(7)

Patiently (NOT) waiting for a new ticker

Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:05 AM   #957
geko29
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerGirl84 View Post
Hopefully someone can get an instruction sheet in Bin 1. In addition to the dryer sheets that scented everything, there was an open half bottle of wine and a used jar of peanut butter. We dumped the wine because we didn't know how old it was and I think we dumped the peanut butter because you just never know if someone stuck. Their finger in it or something.
I'll take the blame for the wine. We opened it the night of August 25th, and left it for the next person (since it would only sit for a few hours), figuring they'd dump it if they didn't want it. I did note it in the PM, though. I'm also sorry you didn't get to use the coffee filters we left.
geko29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #958
sherabby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerGirl84 View Post

Also, that AAA parking pass that was stated to be on Bin 1 was not in the bin when I looked. Perhaps someone left it in their ar or maybe I just missed it.
Parking pass was there when we dropped it off on Aug 17th. we never used it since we had a handicap access.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #959
nancy155
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherabby View Post
Parking pass was there when we dropped it off on Aug 17th. we never used it since we had a handicap access.
Since we are all confessing..:0) I should have known better and placed the dryer sheets in a ziplock... I even had one with me I guess I just didn't think! Sorry!!!

nancy155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:51 PM   #960
TwoMisfits
Mouseketeer

Thank you to Disneyforus (and all swappers:)

My family felt very blessed the whole vacation for having the opportunity to both enjoy the fruits of others' vacations and to pay-it-forward to others at the end of ours! We've been in Florida on vacations many times and this was the 1st time we've had this opportunity. Thanks to you all (and especially Disneyforus for organizing) and we hope to be a bin swapper again when we get our 2013 dates planned!

Kristy