Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2012, 07:34 AM   #901
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candleshoe View Post
Bin 2 is safely in the main building's "bell services" (valet).

I added a small sewing kit we had to buy, my leftover to-go coffee cups (~4-5), the remaining bottle of ALL detergent (wrapped in plastic) and the detergent packs they gave us, our AAA-Diamond parking pass (never even used it since my handicapped placard was renewed), a pool noodle, and the Orlando Entertainment book.

A couple more things too but after the full travel day I'm exhausted!!

There was no tape & paper in the box. I reused the tape on the box, and the paper from the Wyndham pads and put two misfits real name and arrival date.

Oh yea, I bought a Disney night light and stuck that in there
Those are some great things you added in! I cant wait to use the bin and add to it myself How long is that AAA parking pass good for? I hope that it there when we arrive in Oct. I am have been having problems with my knee (for about 3 weeks now) and am worried about having to park far out. I really hope its better before we go anyway...but who knows Hope you had a great trip!
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:08 AM   #902
BadgerGirl84
I think my biggest pet peeve is when a weird toe pops out the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by geko29 View Post
Dropped bin #1 for sherabby at the bell desk in the main building about two hours ago. It's a lime green treasure chest with her name on top.
Any updates on the contents of Bin 1?

BadgerGirl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #903
TwoMisfits
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much Candleshoe! The night light and AAA parking pass will be a godsend (hubby is already looking forward to no trams with a double stroller...Hope BC doesn't lose the bin between now and my arrival date!
TwoMisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:33 PM   #904
Candleshoe
Trying to build a better mousetrap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
Those are some great things you added in! I cant wait to use the bin and add to it myself How long is that AAA parking pass good for? I hope that it there when we arrive in Oct. I am have been having problems with my knee (for about 3 weeks now) and am worried about having to park far out. I really hope its better before we go anyway...but who knows Hope you had a great trip!
yikes, I didn't note an expiration date!! Two MisFits will have to let you know when she gets it. I'm so sorry. I got it before I got my placard and then never used it. I was hoping someone else could get use out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoMisfits View Post
Thanks so much Candleshoe! The night light and AAA parking pass will be a godsend (hubby is already looking forward to no trams with a double stroller...Hope BC doesn't lose the bin between now and my arrival date!

Me TOO! I watched him carry it into the storage room!!

When I went to pick it up for myself I gave him my name and he said there wasn't anything with my name, so he let me follow him back there and I found it myself.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:29 PM   #905
Malynda1010
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyforus

Sorry you found us so late, but I unfortunatley can't add you, because the people who are there right now wouldn't have your contact info for the bin. Have a wonderful trip though!!!

If you go back to the very first page of this thread, there is a good explanation of how it works...I would suggest start there.
I can definately add you on to a Bin for next summer. Please check back over the next several months to keep in the loop. Once you get at least 10 posts you will be able to send and receive private messages. Eventually, closer to your date, you will exchange contact info with the DISers on either side of your dates so you can properly label the bin.
Again, don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.
The DIS boards are a wealth of information, and will really help you prepare for a fantastic trip to the world!
Disneyforus,

Thank you for contacting me. I will go back tithe first page to get even more insight. Yes, please add me to a bin for next summer July 17- July 27. By then I will be well versed on the Disboards. I'm really happy to have found a central place to chat with people with "real" Disney Experience. Thanks!! :-)
Old 08-15-2012, 07:55 PM   #906
Photobee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candleshoe View Post
Bin 2 is safely in the main building's "bell services" (valet).

I added a small sewing kit we had to buy, my leftover to-go coffee cups (~4-5), the remaining bottle of ALL detergent (wrapped in plastic) and the detergent packs they gave us, our AAA-Diamond parking pass (never even used it since my handicapped placard was renewed), a pool noodle, and the Orlando Entertainment book.

A couple more things too but after the full travel day I'm exhausted!!

There was no tape & paper in the box. I reused the tape on the box, and the paper from the Wyndham pads and put two misfits real name and arrival date.

Oh yea, I bought a Disney night light and stuck that in there
so....what exactly is a AAA-Diamond Parking pass and how does it work? Just curious (I think someone posted there was one in bin 1 too).
Photobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:57 PM   #907
nancy155
DIS Veteran

When I left Bin #1 before Gecko29 added to it it had laundry detergent, bounce softner sheets, small crockpot, AAA Diamond Parking pass (these are good the entire year of 2012 just don't sign the back of it), hmmm Oh I left beer that we had left over also, however I am sure it should be gone! lol... Oh I also left one of my $10.00 off restaurant.com gift certificates that we did not use for the pizza place everyone talks about down there. I do not know what was added..

Me , DS
nancy155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:59 PM   #908
nancy155
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photobee View Post
so....what exactly is a AAA-Diamond Parking pass and how does it work? Just curious (I think someone posted there was one in bin 1 too).
You are able to park much closer. They are the rows just past handicap parking. You just follow the blue lines in the parking lot and then show it to the parking attendant and he/she will tell you to go on and what row you are able to park in.

Me , DS
nancy155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:02 PM   #909
sherabby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy155 View Post
When I left Bin #1 before Gecko29 added to it it had laundry detergent, bounce softner sheets, small crockpot, AAA Diamond Parking pass (these are good the entire year of 2012 just don't sign the back of it), hmmm Oh I left beer that we had left over also, however I am sure it should be gone! lol... Oh I also left one of my $10.00 off restaurant.com gift certificates that we did not use for the pizza place everyone talks about down there. I do not know what was added..
Everything is still in the bin that is listed above. We have not been in the room that much except to sleep and spend time in the pool. We may have a few items to add. There is also a floatie for a young child in the bin along with the left overs that were given in the room--crytal light, soaps for laundry and dish washer, hand wipes new, pam spray, sugar container, paper plates and cups.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:47 PM   #910
mousegear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherabby View Post
Everything is still in the bin that is listed above. We have not been in the room that much except to sleep and spend time in the pool. We may have a few items to add. There is also a floatie for a young child in the bin along with the left overs that were given in the room--crytal light, soaps for laundry and dish washer, hand wipes new, pam spray, sugar container, paper plates and cups.
Thank you! I'm sure I'll get some use out of it and add some also. I'll let you know the contents towards the end of my trip.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #911
ClanHarrison
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyforus View Post

If you go back to the very first page of this thread, there is a good explanation of how it works...I would suggest start there.
I can definately add you on to a Bin for next summer. Please check back over the next several months to keep in the loop. Once you get at least 10 posts you will be able to send and receive private messages. Eventually, closer to your date, you will exchange contact info with the DISers on either side of your dates so you can properly label the bin.
Again, don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.
The DIS boards are a wealth of information, and will really help you prepare for a fantastic trip to the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malynda1010 View Post
A co-worker of mine told me about this thread and how wonderful the bin worked for her and her family. How exactly does this work and what do I have to do to be a part?? My family and I are traveling to Disney July 17-July 27, 2013.
HEY MALYNDA!...it's me...

Don't worry...you're in good hands here. We'll have you up to speed in no time. Besides, you're a quick learner & a good student lol.

K

All Star Vacation Homes
http://www.allstarvacationhomes.com/...rty.asp?ID=378 (Absolutely Gorgeous home!!!!) from 8/20-26/05.

We NEVER wanted to leave!

June 29-July 6, 2010...Next stop...USO/IOA. Staying on-sight again; 1 nt. @ RPR for FOTL...AWESOME! Also chillaxin' at STAR LAKE MANOR http://www.star-lake-manor.co.uk/gallery.php
. PARADISE!

We just couldn't stay away! Spring Break 4/16-4/23/11-WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK-4b/r Presidential Suite was sweeeeet !

We miss you SLM & just can't seem to stay away: Star Lake Manor July 2013!
ClanHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:59 PM   #912
KWithers
Mouseketeer

I have less than 10 posts (shameful, I know!) so I can't PM. Can I please be added to receive the bin April 8-14? Awesome idea, thanks!
Old 08-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #913
Disneyforus
Lover of all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWithers View Post
I have less than 10 posts (shameful, I know!) so I can't PM. Can I please be added to receive the bin April 8-14? Awesome idea, thanks!
You are all set and added to Bin #1!!
'75~Fort Wilderness '97~offsite HoneymoonMay'07~Orange LakeMay'08~Roesen Center & POP without Kids Jan'09~Caribbean BeachResort Nov'09~Fort Wilderness Sept'10~POFQ for Night of Joy, without kids April'11~Wyndham Bonnet Creek May'12~Wyndham Bonnet CreekAugust'13~Art of Animation
Disneyforus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:12 PM   #914
Malynda1010
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClanHarrison

HEY MALYNDA!...it's me...

Don't worry...you're in good hands here. We'll have you up to speed in no time. Besides, you're a quick learner & a good student lol.

K
Hey ClanHarrison!! I so appreciate all of your knowledge about Bonnet Creek and Disney!! You're all that!! :-)
Old 08-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #915
JayhawkFans
Mouseketeer

Open 09/08 - 09/14

I sent a PM to DisneyforUs over the weekend but have not heard back from her yet. I would like to request the use of Bin #1 the dates of 9/8-9/13. I have connected with Badgergirl84 and have sent a PM to Aikidoky2 but have not had a response yet.

So .. if either DisneyforUs or Aikidoky2 see this post I would love to hear from you.

Badgergirl84 and Annie78 .. have either one of you had contact with Aikidoky2?

Disney Dream - 1/12/14- 4-night Bahamian
Disney Dream - 9/26/13- 3-night Bahamian
JayhawkFans is offline   Reply With Quote