Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #76
Disneyforus
Lover of all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by atgibbon View Post
Hi, newbie here, we'll be arriving Fri Apr 29, and leaving Sat May 7 - can we get in on this great idea?
I was going to add you to group #2 but your travel dates overlap by one day with someone who has already signed up. I'm sorry. If you would be willing to bring the box back to the storage area on 5/6 (the day before you leave) in the morning for the next family, I could probably add you. I just don't want to change up things for someone who has already signed up.

Let me know what you think.
'75~Fort Wilderness '97~offsite HoneymoonMay'07~Orange LakeMay'08~Roesen Center & POP without Kids Jan'09~Caribbean BeachResort Nov'09~Fort Wilderness Sept'10~POFQ for Night of Joy, without kids April'11~Wyndham Bonnet Creek May'12~Wyndham Bonnet CreekAugust'13~Art of Animation
Disneyforus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 05:43 PM   #77
atgibbon
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyforus View Post
I was going to add you to group #2 but your travel dates overlap by one day with someone who has already signed up. I'm sorry. If you would be willing to bring the box back to the storage area on 5/6 (the day before you leave) in the morning for the next family, I could probably add you. I just don't want to change up things for someone who has already signed up.

Let me know what you think.
yes, that would be great - Thanks!
atgibbon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2011, 08:40 PM   #78
ttfn3
Wish I were on Sanibel Island!!

We just got back tonight from our trip - and added some things to the bin. It is quite heavy, so make sure you have a way to transport it to your room.

DCTooTall Thanks for getting the box - and the supplies to get started. The rubbermaid storage bin was a great idea. Thank you for being willing to kick start the pay it forward in grand style

It was fun to arrive at the resort and have a package waiting for us! We added several items so I hope the next person can use some stuff.

Thank you to the OP. We have stayed at timeshare resorts many times, and always have stuff left over that we wish someone could use. WBC does have boxes in the lobby of each building where they collect unopened, nonperishables to donate to a local charity. It's nice tho. to be able to pass it along to someone on the disboards.
ttfn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:51 PM   #79
julie1218
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttfn3 View Post
We just got back tonight from our trip - and added some things to the bin. It is quite heavy, so make sure you have a way to transport it to your room.

DCTooTall Thanks for getting the box - and the supplies to get started. The rubbermaid storage bin was a great idea. Thank you for being willing to kick start the pay it forward in grand style

It was fun to arrive at the resort and have a package waiting for us! We added several items so I hope the next person can use some stuff.

Thank you to the OP. We have stayed at timeshare resorts many times, and always have stuff left over that we wish someone could use. WBC does have boxes in the lobby of each building where they collect unopened, nonperishables to donate to a local charity. It's nice tho. to be able to pass it along to someone on the disboards.
ok-stupid question-but HOW did you transport it to your room? do you just mean that you need a car to get it from the main building to your building? or will i need something with wheels to get it down the hall? thanks!
julie1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:07 PM   #80
katallo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie1218 View Post
ok-stupid question-but HOW did you transport it to your room? do you just mean that you need a car to get it from the main building to your building? or will i need something with wheels to get it down the hall? thanks!
Hi Julie, we participated last year. I don't think it would be too heavy to carry since some guests don't have a car. Maybe some of the items have accumulated in the box and guests will begin emptying it soon.
katallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:13 PM   #81
ttfn3
Wish I were on Sanibel Island!!

julie1218 Right now, the box is pretty heavy. We had a rental car to transport it to our tower, and then used a luggage cart to haul it up to the room. Hopefully, some stuff will be used up, so it won't be so heavy when you arrive. If you need to, WBC can probably help transport it to your room. I did see staff helping transport guests luggage, etc to their rooms. I also saw people using luggage carts to transport stuff from tower to tower.
ttfn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:16 PM   #82
julie1218
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by katallo View Post
Hi Julie, we participated last year. I don't think it would be too heavy to carry since some guests don't have a car. Maybe some of the items have accumulated in the box and guests will begin emptying it soon.
ok thanks! we will have a car--just wanted to make sure i could get it from the car to the elevator!
julie1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:33 PM   #83
Disneyforus

Thanks for the update! Only "5 more sleeps" (thats how we count it at our house) and we will be there!!
'75~Fort Wilderness '97~offsite HoneymoonMay'07~Orange LakeMay'08~Roesen Center & POP without Kids Jan'09~Caribbean BeachResort Nov'09~Fort Wilderness Sept'10~POFQ for Night of Joy, without kids April'11~Wyndham Bonnet Creek May'12~Wyndham Bonnet CreekAugust'13~Art of Animation
Old 03-27-2011, 06:53 PM   #84
atgibbon
Earning My Ears

reply to ClanHarrison

ClanHarrison - I can't reply to PMs, but thanks for getting in touch. You can address the box to A Gibbon. We're arriving on Apr 29. Have a great trip!
atgibbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:14 AM   #85
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttfn3 View Post

It was my pleasure. I figured the rubbermaid bin would make things easier for everybody, and be sturdy enough to withstand the job. Ultimately... It's something to give everyone one less thing to worry about during the trip so you can concentrate on just having fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie1218 View Post
It's a typical 30 some-odd gallon rubbermaid storage bin from Walmart, so that should give you an idea on it's size. As the the weight, It really depends on what ends up getting packed into it. Obviously, if its full of cereal and uncooked pasta it'll weigh less than if it has soda and canned goods.

That being said, the resort does have luggage carts in each building, so if it's too heavy for you to feel comfortable carrying it to your room, just throw it on a cart. Also, since it's a rubbermaid type storage bin, it'd also be pretty easy to have 2 people carry it if needed.

And if push comes to shove.... the lid is a pop-off lid, so there is no reason you couldn't go through it and remove some heavier items that might be easier to bring up on their own (say a 12-pack of soda or something?).
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:19 PM   #86
ClanHarrison
Mouseketeer

Reply to ATGibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by atgibbon View Post
ClanHarrison - I can't reply to PMs, but thanks for getting in touch. You can address the box to A Gibbon. We're arriving on Apr 29. Have a great trip!
Gotcha!

All Star Vacation Homes
http://www.allstarvacationhomes.com/...rty.asp?ID=378 (Absolutely Gorgeous home!!!!) from 8/20-26/05.

We NEVER wanted to leave!

June 29-July 6, 2010...Next stop...USO/IOA. Staying on-sight again; 1 nt. @ RPR for FOTL...AWESOME! Also chillaxin' at STAR LAKE MANOR http://www.star-lake-manor.co.uk/gallery.php
. PARADISE!

We just couldn't stay away! Spring Break 4/16-4/23/11-WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK-4b/r Presidential Suite was sweeeeet !

We miss you SLM & just can't seem to stay away: Star Lake Manor July 2013!
ClanHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:09 AM   #87
Disneyforus

Here now!

Got the box with no problem. We checked out what was inside before we went to the store. All I have to say is. What a NICE surprise!!! Thanks to everyone who has participated so far!
Old 04-02-2011, 06:53 AM   #88
katallo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyforus View Post
Got the box with no problem. We checked out what was inside before we went to the store. All I have to say is. What a NICE surprise!!! Thanks to everyone who has participated so far!
Only one more week....can't wait! Have they updated any of the countertops or tv's in tower 2? Have a great trip!!
katallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:52 PM   #89
Kaelynsmom
Earning My Ears

4/30-5/8

I'd love to participate. Our date might be overlapping a bit but we're checking in on 4/30 and checking out on 5/8.
Kaelynsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 02:21 PM   #90
linnell
DIS Veteran

So excited to be signed up for this and for our stay at "The Creek"!

linnell is offline   Reply With Quote