Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2011, 10:20 PM   #31
julie1218
Mouseketeer

i pm'd you but will post here too as a way to subscribe to the thread. we are checking in may 16 and checking out may 26. would love to participate! thanks.
julie1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:25 AM   #32
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Hmmm.... I'm heading down next week actually (3/5-3/12), So I don't see any reason why i can't help kick this thing off by leaving stuff for the next group.

I guess the big question would be if i'm going to be the official first person, what should i stock the thing with to begin? To be honest, i'm not sure how much stuff I'll have, but I don't forsee having any problems throwing spending a little extra to give us a proper starting point on the kit that could be reusable.

Maybe a nice plastic tote..... index cards? marker? Some tape? (Hey! maybe even a Lime Green Mickey to secure to the tote to help with identification?)
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2011, 01:30 PM   #33
Disneyforus
Lover of all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Hmmm.... I'm heading down next week actually (3/5-3/12), So I don't see any reason why i can't help kick this thing off by leaving stuff for the next group.

I guess the big question would be if i'm going to be the official first person, what should i stock the thing with to begin? To be honest, i'm not sure how much stuff I'll have, but I don't forsee having any problems throwing spending a little extra to give us a proper starting point on the kit that could be reusable.

Maybe a nice plastic tote..... index cards? marker? Some tape? (Hey! maybe even a Lime Green Mickey to secure to the tote to help with identification?)
Yes, you can kick off the #1 Pay it Forward!!! Thanks!!
But, please just leave non perishable items you have left over. No need to "stock it", as we are just trying to not "waste" items that we could give to another DIS family.
If you decide to get a plastic box, that is fine, just not too big. I am picturing something like half the size of a regular plastic tote. Maybe something solid colored. Or, just a regular cardboard box that we can tape up. Another poster who participated in this last year used a fabric grocery bag and tied the handles together and attached the incoming families name to it....that would also be great!

So, how does that sound everyone??
'75~Fort Wilderness '97~offsite HoneymoonMay'07~Orange LakeMay'08~Roesen Center & POP without Kids Jan'09~Caribbean BeachResort Nov'09~Fort Wilderness Sept'10~POFQ for Night of Joy, without kids April'11~Wyndham Bonnet Creek May'12~Wyndham Bonnet CreekAugust'13~Art of Animation
Disneyforus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:45 PM   #34
luvtocookinpa
Earning My Ears

i was excited....

now i am jumping out of my skin to go!...this will be our first trip to BC and this is going to be a great experience for my children. thanks to all....katalo..txs for the pm..cant pm yet......getting close
Old 03-01-2011, 12:03 AM   #35
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyforus View Post
Yes, you can kick off the #1 Pay it Forward!!! Thanks!!
But, please just leave non perishable items you have left over. No need to "stock it", as we are just trying to not "waste" items that we could give to another DIS family.
If you decide to get a plastic box, that is fine, just not too big. I am picturing something like half the size of a regular plastic tote. Maybe something solid colored. Or, just a regular cardboard box that we can tape up. Another poster who participated in this last year used a fabric grocery bag and tied the handles together and attached the incoming families name to it....that would also be great!

So, how does that sound everyone??
Obviously I'd leave any non-perishable items I had left over, but at the same time, I'm not sure how much I'll have. I'll probably be doing a lot of eating out and stuff, so I'm not sure how much stuff I'll be buying.

My "stocking" idea was more along the lines of simple stuff to facilitate the passing of the box between families. IE... A reuseable tote to put stuff in. Index cards to write the next family's name on. Tape to attach the index card to the box. Was thinking taping the LGM chip on it would also help with indentifying and marking the box.

At the very least, it would provide everything needed to pass it on to the next family without having to worry about tracking down tape/paper to put the next family's info on.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:40 PM   #36
darrius1st
Mouseketeer

Is 7/2-7/16 taken
darrius1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:57 PM   #37
Disneyforus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Obviously I'd leave any non-perishable items I had left over, but at the same time, I'm not sure how much I'll have. I'll probably be doing a lot of eating out and stuff, so I'm not sure how much stuff I'll be buying.

My "stocking" idea was more along the lines of simple stuff to facilitate the passing of the box between families. IE... A reuseable tote to put stuff in. Index cards to write the next family's name on. Tape to attach the index card to the box. Was thinking taping the LGM chip on it would also help with indentifying and marking the box.

At the very least, it would provide everything needed to pass it on to the next family without having to worry about tracking down tape/paper to put the next family's info on.

Great! Thanks, that sounds wonderful, I appreciate your willingness to help get things going.

As we move forward, it might be nice if we get updates from people on the status of the box.
'75~Fort Wilderness '97~offsite HoneymoonMay'07~Orange LakeMay'08~Roesen Center & POP without Kids Jan'09~Caribbean BeachResort Nov'09~Fort Wilderness Sept'10~POFQ for Night of Joy, without kids April'11~Wyndham Bonnet Creek May'12~Wyndham Bonnet CreekAugust'13~Art of Animation
Old 03-01-2011, 03:58 PM   #38
Disneyforus

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrius1st View Post
Is 7/2-7/16 taken
By you!!!
Lucky you, two weeks ?!!!
Old 03-01-2011, 04:11 PM   #39
Disneyforus

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtocookinpa View Post
now i am jumping out of my skin to go!...this will be our first trip to BC and this is going to be a great experience for my children. thanks to all....katalo..txs for the pm..cant pm yet......getting close
Me too! What a great community!
Old 03-01-2011, 04:17 PM   #40
Disneyforus

Ok, we are going to get this thing going the end of the week!! Make sure you check the first page/post often for any updates of info if you are signed up to participate. Don't forget to contact the person after you for their name.

Thanks everyone!!

Also, just a reminder...
If you are leaving a non perishable food item make sure that it is unopened.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:45 AM   #41
clshirk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyforus View Post
Also, just a reminder...
If you are leaving a non perishable food item make sure that it is unopened.
even something like mustard?
clshirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:02 PM   #42
aidandmommy
Earning My Ears

10-19 to 10-22

We are there for 10-19 to 10-22 can we join
Old 03-03-2011, 08:10 AM   #43
katallo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clshirk View Post
even something like mustard?
Unfortunately, yes. Also, nothing will be refrigerated. But, we have left ketchup and mustard packs from fast food restaurants that we went to during the week.
katallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:04 AM   #44
clshirk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by katallo View Post
Unfortunately, yes. Also, nothing will be refrigerated. But, we have left ketchup and mustard packs from fast food restaurants that we went to during the week.
ok cool. I'm sure I'll find loads of things to leave though. I usually hate being wasteful of anything I don't need but someone else might.
clshirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:05 AM   #45
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by clshirk View Post
ok cool. I'm sure I'll find loads of things to leave though. I usually hate being wasteful of anything I don't need but someone else might.
The unfortunate thing is that Mustard is one of those things that should be refrigerated after opening. Since there is no telling how long it'll sit in the room waiting to be picked up, or how hot it could get.... it's better safe than sorry.