Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2011, 04:03 PM   #16
MommyG
Earning My Ears

Too new to PM... We will be arriving May 6 and leaving on the 11th. Would love to participate.
MommyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:19 PM   #17
Disneyforus
Lover of all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyG View Post
Too new to PM... We will be arriving May 6 and leaving on the 11th. Would love to participate.
I'm so sorry, but we already have someone slotted in for that time frame.
'75~Fort Wilderness '97~offsite HoneymoonMay'07~Orange LakeMay'08~Roesen Center & POP without Kids Jan'09~Caribbean BeachResort Nov'09~Fort Wilderness Sept'10~POFQ for Night of Joy, without kids April'11~Wyndham Bonnet Creek May'12~Wyndham Bonnet CreekAugust'13~Art of Animation
Disneyforus is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2011, 06:24 PM   #18
MDsMomma
Mouseketeer

Great idea! There is already someone during my time slot but I love this!
Sept 2013 AKL - Kidani & AOA April 2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
MDsMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:08 PM   #19
Emilysmom
LovemyDVC

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

checking out 3/2, who should I leave stuff for?

Hello! We are checking in to BC tomorrow, checking out 3/2. If you let me know who to leave nonperishables for, I would be happy to do so.
Take care, Jennifer
Emilysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:00 AM   #20
Disneyforus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilysmom View Post
Hello! We are checking in to BC tomorrow, checking out 3/2. If you let me know who to leave nonperishables for, I would be happy to do so.
Take care, Jennifer
If you check the board while on vacation, then you just need to contact the person who would be checking in the closest after you (snowangel72 I think)...send them a PM for their name.
Let me know if you are going to do this, so I don't slot anyone in between your stays. Does that make sense?
Thanks, and have a wonderful vacation!
'75~Fort Wilderness '97~offsite HoneymoonMay'07~Orange LakeMay'08~Roesen Center & POP without Kids Jan'09~Caribbean BeachResort Nov'09~Fort Wilderness Sept'10~POFQ for Night of Joy, without kids April'11~Wyndham Bonnet Creek May'12~Wyndham Bonnet CreekAugust'13~Art of Animation

Last edited by Disneyforus; 02-26-2011 at 07:22 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:57 PM   #21
ClanHarrison
Mouseketeer

Awww man...I see luvtocookinpa beat me to it; we're there the exact same days as you (4/16-23/11)!

*luvtocookinpa, if you cancel your trip, let me know . Maybe we'll see ya there.*

What an absolutely EXCELLENT idea you've all come up with. So generous & helpful.

All Star Vacation Homes
http://www.allstarvacationhomes.com/...rty.asp?ID=378 (Absolutely Gorgeous home!!!!) from 8/20-26/05.

We NEVER wanted to leave!

June 29-July 6, 2010...Next stop...USO/IOA. Staying on-sight again; 1 nt. @ RPR for FOTL...AWESOME! Also chillaxin' at STAR LAKE MANOR http://www.star-lake-manor.co.uk/gallery.php
. PARADISE!

We just couldn't stay away! Spring Break 4/16-4/23/11-WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK-4b/r Presidential Suite was sweeeeet !
ClanHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:30 PM   #22
clshirk
Mouseketeer

PIF2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClanHarrison View Post
Awww man...I see luvtocookinpa beat me to it; we're there the exact same days as you (4/16-23/11)!

*luvtocookinpa, if you cancel your trip, let me know . Maybe we'll see ya there.*

What an absolutely EXCELLENT idea you've all come up with. So generous & helpful.
Honestly couldn't we get a second strand of pay it forward going if there are more going? I go 9th thru 13th and could leave stuff at the front desk for you.
So maybe at the top of the thread call yourself PIF2!

How Bout we make a second thread.
clshirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:15 PM   #23
Disneyforus

Quote:
Originally Posted by clshirk View Post
PIF2!

Honestly couldn't we get a second strand of pay it forward going if there are more going? I go 9th thru 13th and could leave stuff at the front desk for you.
So maybe at the top of the thread call yourself PIF2!

How Bout we make a second thread.
I would be fine with adding a second group onto this thread, it does seem that there are enough people interested. I can just add it on to the original first page, next to the first one. What ya think?
Old 02-25-2011, 09:55 PM   #24
clshirk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyforus View Post
I would be fine with adding a second group onto this thread, it does seem that there are enough people interested. I can just add it on to the original first page, next to the first one. What ya think?
No problem! That sounds great!
clshirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:14 AM   #25
Disneyforus

Quote:
Originally Posted by clshirk View Post
No problem! That sounds great!
Ok, I will work on that today..I think there were at least 3 people who could be slotted in to a second group...do you want to go back to that second thread you started and delete it, then we will all be in one place.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:41 AM   #26
Bonnie40
Sweet tomatoes, yum
Has lived in Guelph all her life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Noble View Post
Folks, another option for unopened/nonperishable items: Bonnet Creek collects them for a local food shelter.
Now there's a good idea! Has anyone actually checked with BC to see if this is doable? BC isn't Disney!

Bonnie40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:02 AM   #27
Disneyforus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie40 View Post
Now there's a good idea! Has anyone actually checked with BC to see if this is doable? BC isn't Disney!
One of the participants was part of a group last year that did this at Bonnet Creek. The front desk didn't have a problem at all with leaving a box for a family. There is a storage room off the main lobby that they will keep the box in.

I think regardless of who or what you leave the nonperishables for it is great to not be wasting items unnecessarily. I like the idea of helping out fellow DISers with items they might need, or coupons, useful tips etc....
Old 02-26-2011, 11:35 AM   #28
ClanHarrison
Mouseketeer

I just want to say thank you to Disneyforus for coordinating this & to all who participate. This is such a helpful idea!

All Star Vacation Homes
http://www.allstarvacationhomes.com/...rty.asp?ID=378 (Absolutely Gorgeous home!!!!) from 8/20-26/05.

We NEVER wanted to leave!

June 29-July 6, 2010...Next stop...USO/IOA. Staying on-sight again; 1 nt. @ RPR for FOTL...AWESOME! Also chillaxin' at STAR LAKE MANOR http://www.star-lake-manor.co.uk/gallery.php
. PARADISE!

We just couldn't stay away! Spring Break 4/16-4/23/11-WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK-4b/r Presidential Suite was sweeeeet !
ClanHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 01:09 PM   #29
katallo
DIS Veteran

I was part of the group from last year. Front desk was great about storing a bag or box for a family, but one thing I should mention is the size or capacity of the bag. The family before us used a small box with the lid taped (well marked) and we used a material type grocery bag and tied the handles together with a ribbon ( brought the label and ribbon from home). We used the ribbon to attach the label. I don't think they would welcome multiple or large parcels, but we only had a few things (clorox wipes, sunscreen, a can of soup, puffs tissues, spray lysol. Since we knew there were 2 children we included the holiday Disney Hats for them as a treat.We did have a few other things, but we used the WBC Food Bank donation box for those. Hope this helps.
katallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:29 PM   #30
MommyG
Earning My Ears

So happy to see we made the 2nd list. I hate wasting things so this will be nice. Thanks for pulling this all together!!!
MommyG is offline   Reply With Quote