Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 11:50 AM   #1201
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsRiverNJMickeyFan View Post
Just a friendly reminder of the Adult chat scheduled for Friday night, September 28 from 8:30 PM - 10:30 PM ET and the Teen Chat scheduled for Sunday night September 30, from 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM ET.

If you need a link and password for either, and you have not had an invite emailed to you from a previous request by Shell (Ntheory), just send her a PM through disboards with your email and Shell will take care of it.

Hope you can join us as we are getting close!
FIVE WEEKS FROM TOMORROW, I WILL BE CHECKING INTO BAY LAKE

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas; Sept '14--Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal;
Va-NanaTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:56 AM   #1202
KREUSLA
Earning My Ears

Bracelets

I love the idea of the Election Escape Bracelets, we are not doing FE but would love to have 4 bracelets. I would be willing to pay for them if need be.

We are getting so excited can't wait for some sun and fun.
KREUSLA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 01:18 PM   #1203
joestein
Mouseketeer

The Election Escape bracelets sound great!

I would love 2 adult (and 2 children if you get them). If no kids bracelets, I will take 4.

My kids would love tattoos as well.

Thanks!

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the cruise.

Joe
joestein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:19 PM   #1204
storms71
Mouseketeer

Looks like everybody like the bracelet idea just need a poll to what u would prefer bracelet or tattoo this way I know which to order... It seems that the bracelet is the majority just want to know everybody thought will be ordering tonight
Old 09-26-2012, 01:04 PM   #1205
TomsRiverNJMickeyFan
Mouseketeer

Bracelets

Stephen, I also posted on FB, that we would love 4 adult size bracelets, thanks again for doing this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by storms71 View Post
Looks like everybody like the bracelet idea just need a poll to what u would prefer bracelet or tattoo this way I know which to order... It seems that the bracelet is the majority just want to know everybody thought will be ordering tonight

WDW 1977 - 1990 16 Times Off and On Property., 1992 Big Red Boat/Carribean Beach Resort (Honeymoon), 1994 - All Star Movies, August 1996 All Star Music, August 1998 - All Star Movies, August 2000 All Star Music, August 2004 All Star Movies, April 2007 - 7 Day Western Carribean Magic, April 2007 DVC Owner Saratoga Springs , August 2008 - Wilderness Lodge (3 Days), Saratoga Springs (7 Days).

October 31, 2009 7 Day Halloween Magic Cruise

WDW November 11 -19, 2011 Saratoga Springs/All-Star Movies.

Animal Kingdom Village - Kidahni - Studio
One night Pre-cruise visit

Election Day Escapees on the Fantasy November 3 -10, 2012
TomsRiverNJMickeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:26 PM   #1206
Mikimom
Earning My Ears

Hi Fellow Election Escapees!

My name is Magda, and I am a newbie when it comes to disboards but not a newbie when it comes to Disney cruising! This will be our forth cruise, second Eastern Caribbean, first that stops at San Juan which I am super exited about. I will be traveling with a big group (11 of us in total): my husband Robert, firstborn son Nick ("Miki") who is 12, and daughters Klaudia and Anne ("Ania") who are 9 and 5, respectively. Both Robert and Klaudia will celebrate their birthdays on the cruise and Klaudia is super excited to be turning "double digits". In addition to our family, this will be the first cruise for our dear friends, Greg and Kathy, their three kids and mom. So, big crowd.

I just recently heard of the disboards and was hoping to make some connections and friends before the ship sails.

I like the idea of the bracelets. That would help identify the Election Escapees when we meet face to face. If we can request to be added to that list, I guess we will take 11: 5 adult and 6 kid ones.

I will try to catch up on reading the posts. I am very excited at the chance to meet you all!

Magda (mikimom)
Mikimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:44 PM   #1207
TomsRiverNJMickeyFan
Mouseketeer

Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikimom View Post
My name is Magda, and I am a newbie when it comes to disboards but not a newbie when it comes to Disney cruising! This will be our forth cruise, second Eastern Caribbean, first that stops at San Juan which I am super exited about. I will be traveling with a big group (11 of us in total): my husband Robert, firstborn son Nick ("Miki") who is 12, and daughters Klaudia and Anne ("Ania") who are 9 and 5, respectively. Both Robert and Klaudia will celebrate their birthdays on the cruise and Klaudia is super excited to be turning "double digits". In addition to our family, this will be the first cruise for our dear friends, Greg and Kathy, their three kids and mom. So, big crowd.

I just recently heard of the disboards and was hoping to make some connections and friends before the ship sails.

I like the idea of the bracelets. That would help identify the Election Escapees when we meet face to face. If we can request to be added to that list, I guess we will take 11: 5 adult and 6 kid ones.

I will try to catch up on reading the posts. I am very excited at the chance to meet you all!

Magda (mikimom)
Welcome Magda!

We also have a facebook page that you are free to join, that also is very active for this cruise. The FB page is posted on the first post on page 1.

We also have established a private chat room on chatzy for both adults, and one that is adult monitored for teens. Both rooms will be open this weekend, Adult on Friday night from 8:30 - 10:30 PM, and the teen room will be this Sunday from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM.

One last question is where are you and your groups traveling from?

Good luck catching up.

WDW 1977 - 1990 16 Times Off and On Property., 1992 Big Red Boat/Carribean Beach Resort (Honeymoon), 1994 - All Star Movies, August 1996 All Star Music, August 1998 - All Star Movies, August 2000 All Star Music, August 2004 All Star Movies, April 2007 - 7 Day Western Carribean Magic, April 2007 DVC Owner Saratoga Springs , August 2008 - Wilderness Lodge (3 Days), Saratoga Springs (7 Days).

Old 09-26-2012, 03:45 PM   #1208
Mikimom
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=ntheory;46211962]He's more than welcome to join the chat. My 16 year old will be on there ... and he's a Minecraft FREAK.

Oh my ... My 16 year old has also gotten my 7 (on Saturday!!) year old daughter into Minecraft. He plans to gift her with her own account for her birthday. We'll see how that goes. He wants to put a special skin on it for her and everything. She plays all the time, but doesn't play online yet.

My oldest son is a 2nd degree black belt in Tang Soo Do. Interesting because you don't meet a lot of people that know about that style.

FYI - I play regular Appalachian dulcimer... I made my own, too.

Hi Shell, my 12-year-old is crazy about Minecraft too! He just built this elaborate resort, I have to admit, i was quite impressed He will be happy to know there are other kids on the cruise he can compare notes with

One more thing: I guess I am too new to disboards to be able to send you a PM with my email to join the chat room. Any other way I can get in and meet you guys?
Old 09-26-2012, 03:53 PM   #1209
Mikimom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsRiverNJMickeyFan View Post
Welcome Magda!

We also have a facebook page that you are free to join, that also is very active for this cruise. The FB page is posted on the first post on page 1.

We also have established a private chat room on chatzy for both adults, and one that is adult monitored for teens. Both rooms will be open this weekend, Adult on Friday night from 8:30 - 10:30 PM, and the teen room will be this Sunday from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM.

One last question is where are you and your groups traveling from?

Good luck catching up.
Hi Steve! I am trying to get into the chat before Friday. I would love to meet you all. We are all traveling from Chicago. Flying into Orlando Intn'l Airport on Friday, spending a night in Orlando and renting a 15-person van for the trip to the Disney Terminal. We have 4 seats left if anyone needs a ride
I will check out the FB page as well tonight. Thanks for all the good tips, keep them coming!
Old 09-26-2012, 03:55 PM   #1210
TomsRiverNJMickeyFan
Mouseketeer

Mikimom

[QUOTE=Mikimom;46275340]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntheory View Post
He's more than welcome to join the chat. My 16 year old will be on there ... and he's a Minecraft FREAK.

Oh my ... My 16 year old has also gotten my 7 (on Saturday!!) year old daughter into Minecraft. He plans to gift her with her own account for her birthday. We'll see how that goes. He wants to put a special skin on it for her and everything. She plays all the time, but doesn't play online yet.

My oldest son is a 2nd degree black belt in Tang Soo Do. Interesting because you don't meet a lot of people that know about that style.

FYI - I play regular Appalachian dulcimer... I made my own, too.

Hi Shell, my 12-year-old is crazy about Minecraft too! He just built this elaborate resort, I have to admit, i was quite impressed He will be happy to know there are other kids on the cruise he can compare notes with

One more thing: I guess I am too new to disboards to be able to send you a PM with my email to join the chat room. Any other way I can get in and meet you guys?
Magda, I believe that it only takes 10 posts to be able to PM on disboards, so if you want feel free to post a couple of individual questions and we will get your posts up quickly.!

Old 09-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #1211
storms71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
FIVE WEEKS FROM TOMORROW, I WILL BE CHECKING INTO BAY LAKE
See you there on that Friday
Old 09-26-2012, 07:00 PM   #1212
katzs13
For the love of Disney

Bracelets

Hello,

We would like 3 bracelets please.

Thank you
katzs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:50 AM   #1213
storms71
Mouseketeer

Bracelets are ordered 200 adult 50 youth will be handed out at greet and meet at 3 pm at Bon Voyage Lounge located on deck 3 talk to u all soon on the chats
Old 09-27-2012, 07:15 AM   #1214
conny264
DIS Veteran

Thanks Storms71,really looking forward to meet anyone amd get the bracelets.

Because my sister is not into snorkling I booked the Castaway catamaran Sail & Snorkel to Shipwreck cove in ST.Thomas just for me and now I´m wondering if anybody else from our group is planing the same excursion.I´ll be on the 7.30 Tour.

Take care
Conny
conny264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:20 AM   #1215
pdarrah
It's nice to know you are real, too
It might have fallen off or something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikimom View Post

Hi Mikimom Welcome

My 13yo son is another Minecraft fan. We are also from the Chicago area. Will your 12yo be going to Edge on board? Would he be interested in emailing with my son before the cruise? (My son has been exchanging a few emails with another 13yo from here & I think they've also been talking minecraft)
We usually visit 2 times per year (spring & fall)
DCL: Magic cruises: Oct 04, Oct 05, Jan 07, Aug 08, Oct 10, Fantasy Nov 12

pdarrah is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: