Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2011, 04:52 PM   #76
SeaYaRealSoon
Hula Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2FanHfx View Post
Hi All,

We will be joining you on the Fantasy for this cruise. It will be my wife and myself as well as our friends and their two kids. We have a total of three staterooms across the back of the ship. We checked them out while on the Dream and thought they were the ideal position for our crew.

CJM

It's wonderful that you will be joining us!
Old 08-10-2011, 04:58 PM   #77
TaTa4Now1968
DIS Veteran

Location: Poughkeepsie, NY (if you can pronounce it correctly, you live near it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3tulips View Post
I don't know what FE exchange is! If someone could explain that would be great!
The FE (Fish Extender) exchange is an exchange of items between other DISers who are participating. You hang a FE from the fish next to your Stateroom Door (I believe on the Fantasy it will be Fish on the Port side and Seahorses on the Starboard side.) and deliver the gifts to the other participants. There are a lot of threads with ideas for gifts. Below are links to show you what a FE looks like and another link with gift ideas.

http://www.disneycollegeblog.com/201...-extender.html

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2776492
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2011, 05:05 PM   #78
TaTa4Now1968
DIS Veteran

Location: Poughkeepsie, NY (if you can pronounce it correctly, you live near it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2FanHfx View Post
Hi All,

We will be joining you on the Fantasy for this cruise. It will be my wife and myself as well as our friends and their two kids. We have a total of three staterooms across the back of the ship. We checked them out while on the Dream and thought they were the ideal position for our crew.

CJM

Welcome Aboard I have added you, your family & friends to the roll call list. Cannot wait to meet you on "Sailing the Ocean Blue" cruise.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:20 AM   #79
Disney_Alli
Mouseketeer

My how this thread has grown!

Wow!

I get crazy busy for a couple of weeks and suddenly our thread is taking off! TinkLoverSam and I would love to participate in an FE (along with her DH and our mom and dad who I'm sharing a cabin with - well I'm sure they'd want to if they knew what it was )

I love the cruise name too! I'm not that creative either so I'm glad someone else came up with it!

We'd also love to participate in a meet or two. I thought I'd already subscribed to this thread but apparently not so I have now!

It's almost sad how excited I am about this trip considering it's still over a year away!

Lots of Pixie Dust
Disney_Alli

Disney_Alli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:52 AM   #80
SeaYaRealSoon
Hula Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Alli View Post
It's almost sad how excited I am about this trip considering it's still over a year away!
LOL, we are really looking forward to this cruise also!
Old 08-11-2011, 09:20 AM   #81
TaTa4Now1968
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Alli View Post
Wow!

I get crazy busy for a couple of weeks and suddenly our thread is taking off! TinkLoverSam and I would love to participate in an FE (along with her DH and our mom and dad who I'm sharing a cabin with - well I'm sure they'd want to if they knew what it was )

I love the cruise name too! I'm not that creative either so I'm glad someone else came up with it!

We'd also love to participate in a meet or two. I thought I'd already subscribed to this thread but apparently not so I have now!

Disney_Alli, I have updated the Roll Call and have added your parents to the list. Once Kritter gets back from her cruise, she will start compiling the FE list.

I tried to pick a name for the cruise that tied in with Columbus Day.

This is my first cruise too, soooo excited...it is going to be awesome.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:28 PM   #82
MickeyMinnieMelanie
Snow White: Fairest One of ALL

to the newest members of our "Sailing the ocean blue" cruise. Love the name TaTa4Now. I have been off the boards this week and couldn't believe how things have picked up. I'm so glad. We started back to school this week and I have been slammed. So tonight I sat down and told my dh that I needed to relieve some stress. I hadn't been on my disboards since Sunday. He just looked like "whatever". I have been very excited about this cruise that is over a year away since we booked it in May. Especially about doing the FE exchange for the first time. I'm ready to start now. Dh and I are going on a carnival with some friends in October and he is frustrated because all I talk about is the one that is over a year away
*October 2013: WDW Animation Resort, 1st MNSSHP *October 2012: DCL Fantasy (STT, St. Maarten, CC) *Surprise WDW Bday trip, March 2012: Pop Century*June 2011: DL (me and DH) *December 2010: WDW VWL, 1st MVMCP
*October 2009: DCL Magic (St.Croix, STT, CC) *June 2008: WDW BCV *May 2008: WDW All Star Sports *March 2006: WDW Pop Century *January 2005: WDW All Star Movies
*October 2003: First WDW Disney trip as a family (All Star Music)
MickeyMinnieMelanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:45 PM   #83
TaTa4Now1968
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMinnieMelanie View Post
to the newest members of our "Sailing the ocean blue" cruise. Love the name TaTa4Now. I have been off the boards this week and couldn't believe how things have picked up. I'm so glad. We started back to school this week and I have been slammed. So tonight I sat down and told my dh that I needed to relieve some stress. I hadn't been on my disboards since Sunday. He just looked like "whatever". I have been very excited about this cruise that is over a year away since we booked it in May. Especially about doing the FE exchange for the first time. I'm ready to start now. Dh and I are going on a carnival with some friends in October and he is frustrated because all I talk about is the one that is over a year away
MickeyMinnieMelanie, I am glad you could relieve your stress and escape to Disney Cruise Land.....Thank you so much for the complement on the name of the Cruise (tied it in with Columbus Day), Myself and DISis are VERY Excited about this cruise and talk about it daily (drives my DH crazy)...Cannot wait to meet you and your family on the meet or meets..We are trying to keep this thread alive and make this a very exciting cruise (especially since this is my cruise ever).
Old 08-13-2011, 03:25 AM   #84
gallmcduck
Gallmcduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaTa4Now1968 View Post
The FE (Fish Extender) exchange is an exchange of items between other DISers who are participating. You hang a FE from the fish next to your Stateroom Door (I believe on the Fantasy it will be Fish on the Port side and Seahorses on the Starboard side.) and deliver the gifts to the other participants. There are a lot of threads with ideas for gifts. Below are links to show you what a FE looks like and another link with gift ideas.

http://www.disneycollegeblog.com/201...-extender.html

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2776492
Thanks for posting I too was not sure about FE I will take a look at these threads

Aug 1997 Offsite I Drive 14 Nights (ME & DH), Sept 1998 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH our engagement), Sept 1999 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH), Nov 2000 Poly & 4 Night Disney Wonder Eastern Cruise 14 Nights (ME & DH our Honeymoon), June 2001 Offsite Davenport Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), Sept 2002 Offsite Gulf Coast Clearwater 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), June 2004 Offsite Kissimmee Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2005 Offsite & 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2006 Offsite I Drive (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members),October 2008 Offsite Vista Cay Condo 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members), July 2010 POR 17 Days (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members) October 2012 17 days Pop, Fantasy, OKW (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members July 2014 Gulfcoast Clearwater 3 nights, OKW 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members
gallmcduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:15 AM   #85
TaTa4Now1968
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallmcduck View Post
Thanks for posting I too was not sure about FE I will take a look at these threads
Glad I could help It is going to be so much fun to do the FE, I cannot wait.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:41 PM   #86
MickeyMinnieMelanie
Snow White: Fairest One of ALL

My dd (who will be turning 13 on the cruise) is interested in making some friends prior to the cruise. So that she will already know someone when we get on. This will be our first cruise where she does not have another friend going. She is kind of shy until she gets to know someone. She is a disboards member. She goes by Livie.
Tracielynn: What is your dd11's name?
3tulips: What about your dd12's name?
Livie is planning to go into the 11-13 age group. I think she would like to try to get into the 14 because" it is so cool, because they have their own pool" but she will probably stay down because she and her sister don't like each other right now
If any of your dd's or anyone else's dd's wants to get to know each other and talk before the cruise, pm me and I will give you her username or you can give me your child's username. She does have a phone that she can text/talk on. She does not have facebook.
Thanks
*October 2013: WDW Animation Resort, 1st MNSSHP *October 2012: DCL Fantasy (STT, St. Maarten, CC) *Surprise WDW Bday trip, March 2012: Pop Century*June 2011: DL (me and DH) *December 2010: WDW VWL, 1st MVMCP
*October 2009: DCL Magic (St.Croix, STT, CC) *June 2008: WDW BCV *May 2008: WDW All Star Sports *March 2006: WDW Pop Century *January 2005: WDW All Star Movies
*October 2003: First WDW Disney trip as a family (All Star Music)
MickeyMinnieMelanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:05 PM   #87
Georgia3
Mouseketeer

This is our 4th Disney Cruise and we can not wait to sail on the Fantasy. We have done the FE on our past 2 cruises and would like to participate on this one as well.
We have our fall break and have been talking to other families about sailing. We have DD14, DS11 almost 12 when sailing, DD10. DD14 can not wait to go in the teen club. Her brother and sister have friends that are their ages on the ship but no one her age at this time. I am also looking for my DD13 now to maybe meet some teenagers before the cruise?
Georgia3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:48 PM   #88
SeaYaRealSoon
Hula Girl

Hello fellow sailors! Just wanted to stop by and wish everyone a nice weekend. I was reminded that summer is winding down when I received a Kohls flyer for their Labor Day Sale
Old 08-13-2011, 04:54 PM   #89
TaTa4Now1968
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaYaRealSoon View Post
Hello fellow sailors! Just wanted to stop by and wish everyone a nice weekend. I was reminded that summer is winding down when I received a Kohls flyer for their Labor Day Sale
Thanks for the reminder of the cold weather around the corner...well at least thinking of and planning our future cruise will keep us warm
Old 08-14-2011, 07:29 AM   #90
Georgia3
Mouseketeer

That is funny. On the news this morning they said a cold front came thru last night, it is only going to be in the low 90's. Our kids started school 2 weeks ago,so our summer is over. But we have a few more weeks.
Georgia3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: