Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2011, 07:24 PM   #136
TaTa4Now1968
DIS Veteran

Location: Poughkeepsie, NY (if you can pronounce it correctly, you live near it)

I know we have well over a year away, but I am looking for suggestions for meets. I think the first meet should be on the first day of the cruise at the drink station (still haven't figured out exactly what time yet). If anybody has a better suggestion please let me know, I am open to anything.

If anybody is interested in further meets, I was thinking getting together for mini golf, shuffleboard (favorite game, grandparents had a regulation shuffleboard court in their backyard), etc. Please let me know of any other ideas that you may have. This way by the time we cruise we will have all of this organized.

Once we get all of the meets in order, I will post on the Roll Call Page.

Thanks for all of your help.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:01 PM   #137
SeaYaRealSoon
Hula Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaTa4Now1968 View Post
If anybody is interested in further meets, I was thinking getting together for mini golf, shuffleboard (favorite game, grandparents had a regulation shuffleboard court in their backyard), etc.
And you know I'm the Shuffleboard Queen, I have the trophy from Nanny to prove it!
SeaYaRealSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2011, 12:18 AM   #138
TaTa4Now1968
DIS Veteran

Location: Poughkeepsie, NY (if you can pronounce it correctly, you live near it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaYaRealSoon View Post
And you know I'm the Shuffleboard Queen, I have the trophy from Nanny to prove it!
Let's see who is the Shuffleboard Queen of the Fantasy.....I will be the next Shuffleboard Queen....It's On...Ferb, I know what we are going to do today, (well, one day when we are on the "Sailing The Ocean Blue" cruise) an awesome shuffleboard match!!!! The winner will get a "trophy" (not an actual trophy, but a nice reminder of kicking somebody's butt memento).
Old 08-23-2011, 06:36 PM   #139
SeaYaRealSoon
Hula Girl

Has anyone played Bingo on the cruise? Was it fun? I see that they have paper and electronic cards, I was wondering how much they were. Thanks for any info.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:01 AM   #140
MickeyMinnieMelanie
Snow White: Fairest One of ALL

Just dropping in to say
Question: My dd11 will be turning 13 while we are on the cruise. I would like to get something special signed by the characters for her at guest services. The last time we cruised I did a photo mat for her. I don't think a pillowcase or tote bag would be exciting for her. (She has plenty of tote bags) I thought about the white vinylmation that they are talking about on another thread. She bought a couple of them on our last trip to WDW. A t-shirt she would probably just wear around the house or maybe a few places. Not to school or anything. Doesn't wear hats. What do ya'll think? Can you recommend anything that would be neat and a good memory piece? Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Melanie
*March 2015: WDW AKL *October 2013: WDW Animation Resort, 1st MNSSHP *October 2012: DCL Fantasy (STT, St. Maarten, CC) *Surprise WDW Bday trip, March 2012: Pop Century *June 2011: DL (me and DH) *December 2010: WDW VWL, 1st MVMCP *October 2009: DCL Magic (St.Croix, STT, CC)*June 2008: WDW BCV *May 2008: WDW All Star Sports *March 2006: WDW Pop Century *January 2005: WDW All Star Movies *October 2003: First WDW Disney trip as a family (All Star Music)
MickeyMinnieMelanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:20 PM   #141
SeaYaRealSoon
Hula Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMinnieMelanie View Post
Just dropping in to say
Question: My dd11 will be turning 13 while we are on the cruise. I would like to get something special signed by the characters for her at guest services. The last time we cruised I did a photo mat for her. I don't think a pillowcase or tote bag would be exciting for her. (She has plenty of tote bags) I thought about the white vinylmation that they are talking about on another thread. She bought a couple of them on our last trip to WDW. A t-shirt she would probably just wear around the house or maybe a few places. Not to school or anything. Doesn't wear hats. What do ya'll think? Can you recommend anything that would be neat and a good memory piece? Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Melanie
Hi Melanie, are you thinking about the larger of the vinylmation? I think that would be cool. I also have a couple of ideas: a pair of white canvas sneakers with the characters signing with different colored markers, a hoodie, and a hard cover copy of her favorite Disney themed book with the characters signing the inside blank pages. Hopefully others who are way more creative than me will come along and give you some more ideas.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:53 AM   #142
MickeyMinnieMelanie

I think so. The 9"? That is what everyone has been talking about. I like the favorite Disney book too with the signatures. That would be a cool gift. I have no idea which book I would do because she likes them all. I guess I could buy one of those that have a lot of stories in it so it wouldn't matter about which characters sign? Everything is Selena Gomez and Victoria Justice now. So she has kind of outgrown the characters some
*March 2015: WDW AKL *October 2013: WDW Animation Resort, 1st MNSSHP *October 2012: DCL Fantasy (STT, St. Maarten, CC) *Surprise WDW Bday trip, March 2012: Pop Century *June 2011: DL (me and DH) *December 2010: WDW VWL, 1st MVMCP *October 2009: DCL Magic (St.Croix, STT, CC)*June 2008: WDW BCV *May 2008: WDW All Star Sports *March 2006: WDW Pop Century *January 2005: WDW All Star Movies *October 2003: First WDW Disney trip as a family (All Star Music)
Old 08-26-2011, 09:06 PM   #143
TaTa4Now1968
DIS Veteran

Hi, I am just worried that my post about the meet got buried, if anybody is interested in a meet, let me know. I am trying to get an idea on how many people are interested and after I have head count we can figure out where we can set up a meet.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:52 PM   #144
MickeyMinnieMelanie

What does a meet consist of? Is it one time or every day?
Old 08-26-2011, 09:56 PM   #145
TaTa4Now1968
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What does a meet consist of? Is it one time or every day?
One time, but if some people would like additional meets that can be arranged.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:59 PM   #146
MickeyMinnieMelanie

Quote:
Has anyone played Bingo on the cruise? Was it fun? I see that they have paper and electronic cards, I was wondering how much they were. Thanks for any info.
I've never played and don't know how much it costs? I know it wasn't worth me playing so it must have been a little high.(I was probably thinking I'd rather be buying pictures or souvies) But, when I have been in there or looked in on a game, there are quite a few people in there. I'm sure it would be alot of fun.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:13 PM   #147
TaTa4Now1968
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've never played and don't know how much it costs? I know it wasn't worth me playing so it must have been a little high.(I was probably thinking I'd rather be buying pictures or souvies) But, when I have been in there or looked in on a game, there are quite a few people in there. I'm sure it would be alot of fun.
I would love to try Bingo on the ship, but if I do I would do the electronic version since I am getting older and cannot keep up manually
Old 08-26-2011, 10:16 PM   #148
SeaYaRealSoon
Hula Girl

Quote:
Yes on my other Disney Cruises it looked like they were having a blast. I also think that the cards were kind of pricey. DH and I usually spend alot of time by the pool and this cruise I would like to try some new things with Dsis.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:18 PM   #149
SeaYaRealSoon
Hula Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaTa4Now1968 View Post
I would love to try Bingo on the ship, but if I do I would do the electronic version since I am getting older and cannot keep up manually
Yeah, blame it on age or the kid.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:28 PM   #150
TaTa4Now1968
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes on my other Disney Cruises it looked like they were having a blast. I also think that the cards were kind of pricey. DH and I usually spend alot of time by the pool and this cruise I would like to try some new things with Dsis.
I cannot wait to play Bingo with you while your DH sits by the pool and my DH goes to cooking seminars.

Quote:
Yeah, blame it on age or the kid.
No she will not be distracting me while I am playing Bingo....it will definately be the age thing....she will be in the Oceaneer's Club having a blast.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: