Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2011, 10:45 AM   #106
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Thank you for the kind words and for following along! I want to be back at WDW so badly right now!

I always say, Men...cant shoot em, need em to pay for WDW vacations!

Next time we go to the French Bakery we both want to try the pizza looking thing and the cheese plate...wish I could squeeze in another day this past trip just so we could eat there again
You and me both sister! If I could magically transport myself back there, I'd do it!

So true, so very true!

I don't think I'll have as much resolve next time we walk past the French bakery! I'll probably walk in and say 'bonjour, I'll take everything on the left side of the case please.'

Thanks again for the fab reviews Nicki! They're always a pleasure. I'm thinking I should just give you a list of where I want to eat, some cash, and then you and Todd can review those places for me. That's not too much trouble, right? You know what you should do, you should contact Disney or the disneyfoodblog.com and ask them if they need anyone to do food reviews! Perfect job for you!
Old 02-25-2011, 10:56 AM   #107
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntfrannie View Post
<sigh> Over so soon! I think you should do a 30-day Disney trip like Dizneeat! You can do it!!
Oh man, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE do to a 30 day trip....I would probably double my weight but I would love it anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
You and me both sister! If I could magically transport myself back there, I'd do it!

So true, so very true!

I don't think I'll have as much resolve next time we walk past the French bakery! I'll probably walk in and say 'bonjour, I'll take everything on the left side of the case please.'

Thanks again for the fab reviews Nicki! They're always a pleasure. I'm thinking I should just give you a list of where I want to eat, some cash, and then you and Todd can review those places for me. That's not too much trouble, right? You know what you should do, you should contact Disney or the disneyfoodblog.com and ask them if they need anyone to do food reviews! Perfect job for you!
Oh that could work...paid to do dining reviews, a dream come true for Todd!! I could totally see us doing that!

I have been messing around with our Oct trip since there is not much to do right now and the Dolphin has rooms open for $152 a night, I think we may do a split stay since we are going to be there for 11 nights (or longest trip yet!) and then the CBR for the other nights.....

And then there is the dining....so much to decide on, thank goodness I have 2 more months before I have to make my ressies!
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2011, 11:00 AM   #108
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I wouldn't worry about those ressies...you'll only have to change them 100 times anyway.

Oh, and current airfare if I were to come with Mark next month -- $1000. I don't think so.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:07 PM   #109
MickeyNicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I wouldn't worry about those ressies...you'll only have to change them 100 times anyway.

Oh, and current airfare if I were to come with Mark next month -- $1000. I don't think so.
Oh man, that price is insane!

I just booked our Oct room...BUT....I think Todd is gonna kill me as I booked a king bed at POFQ instead of CBR

Do you think he will forgive me when I tell him he can eat biscuits and gravy and taco salads every day??
Old 02-25-2011, 12:20 PM   #110
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I just booked our Oct room...BUT....I think Todd is gonna kill me as I booked a king bed at POFQ instead of CBR

Do you think he will forgive me when I tell him he can eat biscuits and gravy and taco salads every day??
I'm hoping to buy a scratch ticket and win and get that airline cut in half (but I'm not holding my breath for it).

No, I don't think he will kill you. I think he will appreciate having the bigger bed (I don't know how he sleeps on those small beds). We got our confirmation on our AKL room (it's on my PTR if you stopped over ). Mark is getting on a plane in an hour for Vegas.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:31 PM   #111
disnut1149
DIS Veteran

Hi Nicki,
Thanks again for the great reviews!! I always enjoy reading them. We ate at SAI last September and the food was really good. That's a shame your food was too spicy. I don't like stuff real hot. I wouldn't have been able to eat it. I had the enchiladas with just cheese in them, (I don't eat meat), so maybe that made a difference. I'm looking forward to your next reviews!!
Joan
1972 Offsite, 1978 Offsite, 1980 Dutch Inn, 1989 Comfort Inn, 1990 CBR, 1993 Peabody, 1996 AllStar Sports, 1997 Dixie Landings, 2000 Holiday Inn Family Suites, 2001 Marriott World Center, 2004 Pop Century, 2005 Pop Century, 2006 Pop Century Aug & Dec, 2007 Pop Century Aug & CSR Dec., 2008 WL & POFQ Aug. & AS Sports Dec., 2009 Pop Aug., Pop Oct & CBR Dec., 2010 POR Sept & CBR Oct., 2011 CSR May & Pop & Akl
Nov., 2014 CSR Sept., 2015 AS Sports Aug.
disnut1149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:44 PM   #112
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

Nicki,

I am so glad you guys enjoyed Yachtsmen! That is our favorite two ts place we have tried thus far. I knew you were eating there and was hoping you would enjoy it more this time.

Your husband and his egg rolls has me laughing, he sounds like my dh!

That was quite the to do at the Swan pool. I love the way people get so hot for those ping pong tables when in fact they are at WDW and you'd think they'd be investing their time and effort into something a bit more unique than ping pong!

I had no idea the meatballs at Tangerine Cafe were lamb, I think I'll keep that from my dd, its the only thing in the WS she'll eat besides the hot dogs in America!

I need to read the rest but at least I got to see your Yachtsmen review!
Old 02-27-2011, 11:25 AM   #113
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Looks like it was a great weekend! Thanks so much for sharing. I love your reviews! The cantaloopy is on my to-try list... love the name!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:48 PM   #114
MickeyNicki

Quote:
I'm hoping to buy a scratch ticket and win and get that airline cut in half (but I'm not holding my breath for it).

No, I don't think he will kill you. I think he will appreciate having the bigger bed (I don't know how he sleeps on those small beds). We got our confirmation on our AKL room (it's on my PTR if you stopped over ). Mark is getting on a plane in an hour for Vegas.
How I would love to be in Vegas right now! You are so lucky you should buy a ticket, you might win big time!

The POFQ has king beds so he will be fine with that...I also like that its a much smaller resort and the food court is so much better....very excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnut1149 View Post
Hi Nicki,
Thanks again for the great reviews!! I always enjoy reading them. We ate at SAI last September and the food was really good. That's a shame your food was too spicy. I don't like stuff real hot. I wouldn't have been able to eat it. I had the enchiladas with just cheese in them, (I don't eat meat), so maybe that made a difference. I'm looking forward to your next reviews!!
Joan
Hi Joan! I am so glad you enjoyed the reviews and pictures, thanks so much for reading them! Hoping that the spice was a fluke and the next time we eat there it wont melt my tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy&Dan View Post
Nicki,

I am so glad you guys enjoyed Yachtsmen! That is our favorite two ts place we have tried thus far. I knew you were eating there and was hoping you would enjoy it more this time.

Your husband and his egg rolls has me laughing, he sounds like my dh!

That was quite the to do at the Swan pool. I love the way people get so hot for those ping pong tables when in fact they are at WDW and you'd think they'd be investing their time and effort into something a bit more unique than ping pong!

I had no idea the meatballs at Tangerine Cafe were lamb, I think I'll keep that from my dd, its the only thing in the WS she'll eat besides the hot dogs in America!

I need to read the rest but at least I got to see your Yachtsmen review!
Hi Amy!

Oh we just loved the YM, I cannot wait to eat there again but Todd wants to try Shulas...even though we have one here in town

What is it with men and egg rolls...and for that matter cole slaw? Yet I cannot get him to eat cabbage any other way

Oh that lady at the pool and those kids...what a bunch of nut bags....such a scene they all caused! Well at least we had drinks and a show

Yes the meatballs are lamb but they are soooo good! What DH and your daughter do not know wont hurt them ha ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Looks like it was a great weekend! Thanks so much for sharing. I love your reviews! The cantaloopy is on my to-try list... love the name!

Oh it was an amazing weekend, I would love to go back right now! Thanks for following me on my wacky weekend of snacking...er WDW!
Old 02-28-2011, 04:17 PM   #115
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

Yeah Nicki, men and egg rolls! My 16 year old ds eats those egg rolls in AK, China at Epoct and the MK and thinks he's in heaven. Dd and I just sit there and gag.

I saw two cheerleading moms/chaparones get in a fist fight at the quiet pool at Pop a few years ago, it was almost funny but it was so tacky!

Gotta go read the rest of your reviews....
Old 03-08-2011, 10:03 PM   #116
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

First of all, please accept my most sincere apologies for neglecting you over here for this long. I have read through this more than once, which is the strange part, just didn't post! What's wrong with me??? Ah...the last two weeks have been a whrilwind..hard to believe we were in Florida a little over a week ago!

Quote:
Nicki, great photos. EVEN though you WOKE me up on Sunday a.m., I am so glad that you called so that I could talk to Karin and Tina. Unfortunately, unless I fly solo, I'll never get there in February becasue that is when Mark has a show and then heads to Vegas, so it was great finally being able to "meet" Karin and Tina by phone after all the chatter on the DIS.
Yes, it was!

Quote:
Now it is uh oh, time to go time and we were going to take our time walking out of Epcot.

Mosey over to Norway were the line was still long but we skipped to the front and rode DH's fave ride. Getting out of that ride was pure he**! The crowds are too large to funnel through the gift shops with people trying to get a troll picture, kids with swords, adults with Viking hats and a nasty perfume store in the middle of it! Open the doors to the gift shops and let us outta there!

As we were strolling around the countries we chatted about our Oct trip...our longest yet, 10 nights! I think we are missing our CS stuff so we will try to do alot more of them. We also like the resort restaurants better than the park ones and they are easier to get to with our own car plus the F&W is going on and that is nice for a few meals. Signatures are a must so we will add some of them in and maybe more TS lunches this time. I still have 2 months to decide but it is looking like I will have an easier time of it...until I show the plans to Lord Mess Em Up

Here is a teaser. Breakfast at Kona, Cape May and Olivias. Lunch at the Grand Floridian Tea, Kona, The Plaza, Yak & Yeti, Rose & Crown. Dinner at Artist Point, Tutto Italia, Fultons, Cape May, Flying Fish, BlueZoo, Citricos

Now back to our final moments

I knew it was bound to happen...I was waiting for it and waiting for it.

TODD: You know we didnt get dessert in Mexico.

ME: Yes I was there, I know.

TODD: Well we have to get something

ME: Enlighten me O sweet tooth one...what is on your mind

TODD: I dont know, what do you think?

ME: (Cue the laughing) Dude, did you forget that we have been together for 20 years? I am hip to your jive

TODD: I have no idea what you are talking about

ME: Spill...Germany or France? Pick your poison

TODD: Well I was thi-

ME: I KNEW IT! You cannot fool me!

TODD: -nking that we would get that chocolate cake everyone was getting from France

ME: Whats this WE you speak of?

TODD: Well we can share it

ME: Your idea or sharing or the real idea of sharing?

TODD: Whats the difference

ME: Your version is you eat while I get to pick the crumbs off your shirt as they fall from your mouth and my version were I actually get my own fork

TODD: (Looks at me, keeps walking, looks at me again and says) Ok fine you can have your own fork

Oh joy..did I tell you that I dont care for chocolate cake, brownies etc? See, he knows this therefore he is acting like he is conceding by giving in and letting me have my own for fork I like desserts but mostly the non chocolate variety.

We hike our way through the sea of people to the bakery, which suprisingly is deadville. Great lets get this cake and get outta here.

The cake was amazing, I will give him that. I did have my own fork but had just 2 bites and let him relish the rest of it. Very moist, not too sweet at all which is probably why I liked it, a chocolate pudding like filling between the layers and a mocha frosting dollop on top. Oh yes, he was in love big time!

It was the perfect end to a perfect trip....made us quickly forget about our yuck meal at SAI

And then it was board the boat, get the car and get on the road time. We had the best weekend, it was so much fun and meeting our Dis Friends was the best!

Thanks so much for reading along, hope you had a fun time with this Nicki Quickie Review!

And PS...if you were wondering what we had for dinner when we got home (because you know he had to pester me about that)....I had an orange and he had a peanut butter sandwich
That will be so much fun! Ten nights should be fantastic. As always, will be looking forward to your reviews.

Quote:
You have no idea.
Quote:

Ooo...POFQ...gotta admit that their newly rehabbed rooms has me seriously considering that for our next stay...whenever that might be!

I have to just add my two cents, now that I've eaten at Via Napoli. Of course, there will be a longer review in my TR, but for now... I have to say that there was something about the whole place that I just thought was a bit off. Our server was a little...not rude exactly, but condescending, perhaps? I tried to ask him to explain the difference between their house made aqua fresca and a Pellegrino Aranciata and he looked at me like he had no clue what I was talking about.

And I thought the pizza was OK. Believe it or not, but New Haven is known for thier Neapolitan-style pizza and there are a few places that use big, old brick ovens and have been in business since the early 20th century. I know...that long! One, in particular, I've been going to my whole life. And their pizza is so much better than VNs.

Oh...well...it sometimes takes a lot to impress me with Italian food. When you are Italian, it becomes so personal!

Of course, I can't say we wouldn't try it again, either. It was cute and cheaper than Tutto, that's for sure. And the food was good...just not great. And your reviews and all the early reviews had me so excited. Oh well.

Our breakfast was good!
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

tinacaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:46 AM   #117
MickeyNicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
First of all, please accept my most sincere apologies for neglecting you over here for this long. I have read through this more than once, which is the strange part, just didn't post! What's wrong with me??? Ah...the last two weeks have been a whrilwind..hard to believe we were in Florida a little over a week ago!

You can come late to my party anytime! I bet you wish you were still here, the weather is sunny and 80 every single day!

That will be so much fun! Ten nights should be fantastic. As always, will be looking forward to your reviews.

We are really looking forward to this one, our longest stay ever. Drive up and arrive around 6 on Thur and come home 10 days later!

Ooo...POFQ...gotta admit that their newly rehabbed rooms has me seriously considering that for our next stay...whenever that might be!

I am thrilled to go back to POFQ, in fact that is where we are staying for May..it was just $30 difference from CBR and POR so I said lets go for the quieter resort.

I have to just add my two cents, now that I've eaten at Via Napoli. Of course, there will be a longer review in my TR, but for now... I have to say that there was something about the whole place that I just thought was a bit off. Our server was a little...not rude exactly, but condescending, perhaps? I tried to ask him to explain the difference between their house made aqua fresca and a Pellegrino Aranciata and he looked at me like he had no clue what I was talking about.

Well thats not cool...we have had shy waiters there but the rude ones we had were at Tutto Italia...wonder if they switched them around a bit?

And I thought the pizza was OK. Believe it or not, but New Haven is known for thier Neapolitan-style pizza and there are a few places that use big, old brick ovens and have been in business since the early 20th century. I know...that long! One, in particular, I've been going to my whole life. And their pizza is so much better than VNs.

The first few times we went it was awesome but not so much this time...I miss NE pizza, we had the best in Boston

Oh...well...it sometimes takes a lot to impress me with Italian food. When you are Italian, it becomes so personal!

I agree with that 100%

Of course, I can't say we wouldn't try it again, either. It was cute and cheaper than Tutto, that's for sure. And the food was good...just not great. And your reviews and all the early reviews had me so excited. Oh well.

That is true and we didnt feel rushed there either and at Tutto we always felt rushed. Trust me, we were disappointed this time too

Our breakfast was good!
Our breakfast was awesome and tons of fun too!
Old 03-09-2011, 10:52 AM   #118
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Hey, I just thought I'd give you a reminder in case you forgot: 29 days until I see you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-09-2011, 12:57 PM   #120
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

This is SUCH fun reading your reviews !! I've gotten through the first page while trying not to laugh....see, I'm at work and it would suck to get fired for cracking up over dining reviews!!!

I can't wait to keep reading ! thanks for posting your trip!! (and the egg roll story cracked me up too....and now I SERIOUSLY want an eggroll !!) ARGH !

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: