Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2011, 08:58 PM   #91
lizzyb
DIS Veteran

Great reviews! You and your husband sound like a hoot to be around!
Oct. 23-28, 2007 Pop Century,July 12-19, 2008 Pop Century, Jan. 23-30, 2009 Pop Century, Jan.23-31,2010 POR, Aug. 28-Sept. 4, 2011 CSR, Aug.13-19, 2012 AoA, April 20-27, 2013 Disney Fantasy, Aug. 3-12, 2014 CR, April 25- May 2, 2015 Disney Fantasy

lizzyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:08 PM   #92
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyb View Post
You and your husband sound like a hoot to be around!
You have no idea.
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2011, 01:07 AM   #93
Swalphin
DIS Veteran

Nicki,
Thanks for posting you report, I should be asleep, but had to finish reading.
We were at the MSM bakery the first week of the month, the Cinnamon buns were the old style. Big tray fresh out of the oven. Got me a center one, with the extra drippings!
You and Todd no way 20 years, you are a spring chicken.
Swalphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:37 AM   #94
yolie912
DIS Veteran

Nikki, I love your reviews and enjoy reading them. I have a couple of questions.

Which one do you recommend, Citricos or Yachtsmans?
Also should we go to Cape May for the fried cod or the shrimp?

Hmmm. I really wanted to try San Angel Inn, Not so sure now???
Old 02-23-2011, 02:38 PM   #95
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by shera View Post
We are doing great!Oldest one has a job and is starting driver's ed next month!!
OMG that is wild! They grow so fast, my newest niece is walking, I am not ready for her to be out of the baby stage yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lblume91 View Post
Great reviews!! Your conversations with Todd cracked me up! Sounded a little familiar. My DH & I have been together 22 years so we have the same rapport.
We are quite the pair

Quote:
Originally Posted by *sarah* View Post
Great reviews. Sure makes me want to go back soon. I already forgot which post it was, ugh I should have quoted it, but one of those meals looked delicious. I think it was the one where you said the cornbread and rolls were so good.
Makes me want to go back soon too! The rolls at Cape May are incredible, I could live off of those!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Another great review Nic!!!! Can't wait to meet y'all in October! Aren't Karin & Tom wonderful?! The best part of all of my WDW trips is meeting new DISers!
Thank you! Yes they are the greatest people and I am so glad we had the chance to finally meet! Now we cannot wait to meet you and your hubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejsparrow View Post
I'm so glad I stumbled on your review! I need a Disney fix today. Thanks for the great reviews, as always!!
Thank you so much for reading along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess20k View Post
As always, I have loved your reviews and pics! You give wonderful reviews with lots of terrific info and pics, along with lots of fun!!! You have also made me want to give Cape May another try. The only time that we have ever dined there, was a few years ago..and it was not good. But, now I am finally willing to give it another try.

Thanks again for another yummy dining report!
So glad you liked them! Cape May is awesome, for both meals...we will always go back to those meals. We may have had a bad item here or there but overall the food is fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishsharon View Post
I can"t believe I just got here and it is already over Thanks for the great reviews
It sure was a quick one! Appreciate you reading them!
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:42 PM   #96
MickeyNicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyb View Post
Great reviews! You and your husband sound like a hoot to be around!
We are a bit nutty...but I blame it on him

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
You have no idea.
Thanks alot babe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swalphin View Post
Nicki,
Thanks for posting you report, I should be asleep, but had to finish reading.
We were at the MSM bakery the first week of the month, the Cinnamon buns were the old style. Big tray fresh out of the oven. Got me a center one, with the extra drippings!
You and Todd no way 20 years, you are a spring chicken.
Oh you lucky dog! I wish they had them that way when we were there, that is how they used to serve them to us! Todd and I met when we were just 18...he says I stole his youth

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolie912 View Post
Nikki, I love your reviews and enjoy reading them. I have a couple of questions.

Which one do you recommend, Citricos or Yachtsmans?
Also should we go to Cape May for the fried cod or the shrimp?

Hmmm. I really wanted to try San Angel Inn, Not so sure now???
Wow that is a tough one....our favorite place out of all of WDW is Citricos so I would have to go for that, better atmosphere too.

We went to Cape May for both cod and shrimp and the cod was much better

Do you like spicy foods? If so then I say go for SAI...we have enjoyed it in the past but this time not so much, hope it was just a fluke
Old 02-23-2011, 03:05 PM   #97
princess aleya
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
So here we go! First meal, or snack, of the trip!

First things first, got to feed the man as he was grouchy on the way up...what I didnt know was he skipped lunch so we could leave at 2pm. All I know was he called me to say lets leave earlier than 4pm, I have learned not to ask questions and just get going as soon as I get the word from him!

As soon as we pull up to valet I am informed that he is so hungry he is gonna pass out.

I told him that we had ressies for Il Mulino at 8pm...why so late? he says. Well pal, you told me that you were leaving work at 5pm and it takes us 3 hours to get here and Voila, 8 pm it is. Apparently that was way too late and he didnt want to see if they would seat us early (my guess is he wasnt "feeling" Italian although when I booked the reservation it was FINE with him .... but I digress).

His answer to everything? Lets go get something in Epcot. Thankfully he meant just counter service because if he thought I was going to track down a TS in this short notice he is crazier than I thought

After we checked in and left our luggage in the hands of Bell Services we walked out and saw the boat was waiting for us...perfect! Nice empty boat, gorgeous weather..this is looking to be another wonderful trip, as soon as I feed him that is!

Popped into Epcot with no waiting, no crowds at all. They are starting to set up for the Flower and Garden show and lots of the topiaries are on display.

So, were do you want to eat Todd? And please do not make me give you the run down on who has what, you come here often enough to know that yourself! Heads we go left, tails we go right....Heads it is!

We pass England and Canada and stop at Mexico...the aroma of the CS stand there was too good for him to pass up as he stopped short causing me to bump into him....he is like a tracker dog, smells food, stops and bolts for it!

After perusing the menu he looks to me and the conversation goes a little something like this:

TODD: What do I want?

ME: (I say nothing as I am foolish enough to think he is talking to himself)

TODD: Hello? You listening to me? What do I want?

ME: What are you asking me for?

TODD: Because I cannot see the menu!

ME: Told ya you need an eye exam

TODD: This is not a time to be funny...I am starving (well then you shouldnt have married a comedienne!)

You do NOT mess with this man when he is hungry! So I read him the choices and:

TODD: What are you getting?

ME: Nothing, I am not feeling Mexican (LOVE that I can use his phrase right back on him!)

TODD: (Completely oblivious to my smart aleck moment) Well I am going to get the nachos, you can have some if you want (Oh jeez thanks)

So we order nachos and they are ready lickity split. We sit along the water, he starts munching away and says to me, You have to try them, they are excellent. Well I am thinking, how good can they be, they are just nachos??

I am wrong, again. They are soooo good! The chips are hot and crunchy and salty but not too much. Lots of ground beef, salsa, cheese sauce (SAUCE people - not the shredded kind!), black beans and sour cream....they were awesome! We snacked on these until they were gone, the plan was to get some another day but sadly we didnt make it back there...but we def will go in the future!

As be say goodbye to Mexico I notice he is on the prowl again...where to next dear?
I love you're reviews. Can't wait to hear more.

princess aleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:45 PM   #98
catne
DIS Veteran

Well, yum!

Thanks for another great review, Nicki.

And you're way ahead of me on reviews...we were there in January 2011 and I didn't do a review at all (lost my photos due to issues with a new camera, and then my notes were thrown out by accident.) I may try to reconstruct our January experience from memory...

And we were there again last week for 2 days mid-week. I do have photos & notes for that one, just haven't got around to doing the review yet.

So not going "live" but still getting that review up within a week of your trip...well, you're way ahead of me,

Finally have about 10 days with no houseguests (at our Florida condo) so maybe I'll have time to catch up on reviews while cleaning the place & doing a mountain of laundry
January (twice) & February 2014 SSR December 2013 POFQ October 2013 Off-site, September 2013,POFQ March 2013 AoA Feb 2013 POFQ Feb 2013 POFQ Jan 2013 Caribbean Beach Nov 2012 POFQ Sept 2012 BC May 2012 POFQ Mar 2012 POFQ Feb 2012 POFQ JAN 2012 AKL Oct 2011 Wilderness Lodge Sep 2011 POFQ Feb 2011 Pop Century Jan 2011 Pop CenturyNov 2010 CSR Sept 2010 Boardwalk May 2010 POFQ Jan 2010 BCV 2009 Sept & 2009 May POFQ 2009 Jan Contempo 2008 Sept Pop 2008 May POFQ 2007 May Poly 2000 May FW Cabin 1992 May off site 1990 May off site
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:51 PM   #99
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Amazing reviews as usual Nicki! I've followed yours for years. I have a love/hate relationship with them....I *love* your pics and writing style but *hate* how they make me want to be eating at Disney NOW! Ugh, I really need to book another trip I think.

I must say, you have a lot of patience with that hubby of yours! J/K! My DH always springs something up on me too while we're there, something like honey, why aren't we eating there or did you remember to book us for this place?? Dude, I'm not a mind reader, speak up beforehand!

Looks like you had a good time! I deny myself the French bakery because I know I'll walk out of there 10 pounds heavier! Everything looks good in there, everything.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:23 PM   #100
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

Hi! I came over from Kathy's PTR, and I'm really glad I did! I loved reading all your reviews. I'm excited to read about your trip in October.
PirateKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:24 PM   #101
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

Thanks for sharing your great reviews and pictures! It's nice to have some entertainment with the reviews.

Kathy

John's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:59 PM   #102
H20DogsNDisney
DIS Veteran

great review!

Hallie
H20DogsNDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:00 PM   #103
floridascgirl
DIS Veteran

Thanks for your awesome mini report. I'm a newbie to your reviews, but definitely hooked!

PS. I feel so full after reading.

Many trips as a child! 2005 Thanksgiving Wilderness Lodge2008 Jan. Wilderness Lodge
2009 Jan/Feb Animal Kingdom Lodge2009 Dec. Animal Kingdom Lodge2010 July Boardwalk Inn2011 Feb. Animal Kingdom Lodge2012 Nov. Pop Century

floridascgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:58 PM   #104
MickeyNicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess aleya View Post
I love you're reviews. Can't wait to hear more.
Thanks for reading along, we cannot wait to go back and do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
Well, yum!

Thanks for another great review, Nicki.

And you're way ahead of me on reviews...we were there in January 2011 and I didn't do a review at all (lost my photos due to issues with a new camera, and then my notes were thrown out by accident.) I may try to reconstruct our January experience from memory...

And we were there again last week for 2 days mid-week. I do have photos & notes for that one, just haven't got around to doing the review yet.

So not going "live" but still getting that review up within a week of your trip...well, you're way ahead of me,

Finally have about 10 days with no houseguests (at our Florida condo) so maybe I'll have time to catch up on reviews while cleaning the place & doing a mountain of laundry
Oh no! I cannot imagine what I would do if I lost my pictures from a trip...that would be terrible!

So are you loving your FL house or what? Isnt being so close to WDW the best??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Amazing reviews as usual Nicki! I've followed yours for years. I have a love/hate relationship with them....I *love* your pics and writing style but *hate* how they make me want to be eating at Disney NOW! Ugh, I really need to book another trip I think.

I must say, you have a lot of patience with that hubby of yours! J/K! My DH always springs something up on me too while we're there, something like honey, why aren't we eating there or did you remember to book us for this place?? Dude, I'm not a mind reader, speak up beforehand!

Looks like you had a good time! I deny myself the French bakery because I know I'll walk out of there 10 pounds heavier! Everything looks good in there, everything.
Thank you for the kind words and for following along! I want to be back at WDW so badly right now!

I always say, Men...cant shoot em, need em to pay for WDW vacations!

Next time we go to the French Bakery we both want to try the pizza looking thing and the cheese plate...wish I could squeeze in another day this past trip just so we could eat there again

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateKate View Post
Hi! I came over from Kathy's PTR, and I'm really glad I did! I loved reading all your reviews. I'm excited to read about your trip in October.
Kathy is my biggest cheerleader I just love her, she is an amazing friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
Thanks for sharing your great reviews and pictures! It's nice to have some entertainment with the reviews.

Kathy
We are a very entertaining couple thats for sure! You should be the lucky person in WDW watching us as we actually have these conversations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by H20DogsNDisney View Post
great review!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridascgirl View Post
Thanks for your awesome mini report. I'm a newbie to your reviews, but definitely hooked!

PS. I feel so full after reading.
Glad to have you here!
Old 02-24-2011, 02:22 PM   #105
auntfrannie
DIS Veteran

<sigh> Over so soon! I think you should do a 30-day Disney trip like Dizneeat! You can do it!!
auntfrannie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: