Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2011, 06:44 AM   #76
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Can't believe I'm just seeing a Nicki review and it's over! Going back to pg. 1 to catch up!
Old 02-22-2011, 07:13 AM   #77
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Love me some MickyNiki reviews! I have to say we didnt like Via Napoli either when we went in Sept! Service was nice, food was bland!

What do you think gave the shrimp at CMB that amonia taste? I cant wait to try it but wow thats kinda scary!
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2011, 08:47 AM   #78
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Good Morning!

Page 6 already! Last night I was sooo excited because it was page 2 (I usually lurk due to being so late in getting here, so 2nd page was pretty exciting!) but as I was posting the computer stuck and had to shut down. Now this morning page 6 - things sure do move quickly arpound these parts!

Going back to catch up - yippee!!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:57 AM   #79
shera
DIS Veteran

eeekkk,I must have been under a rock,I didn't even know you guys were in Disney ,lol.Glad you had a great time.Thanks for the lovely reviews as always.Come on May I need me some Disney food!!
shera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:24 AM   #80
Tinker12
Mouseketeer

Great and funny reviews!! Thank you for sharing!
AKL Concierge Sept/Oct 2008, AKL Sept/Oct 2009, CBR Sept/Oct 2010 , POFQ March 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2012 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2013 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2014

Tinker12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:51 AM   #81
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Great reviews! I can't believe how fast you got through them...

Thanks for sharing!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:29 PM   #82
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Hello! Nicki

followed over from Kathy's PTR; I have heard mention of your food reviews for awhile (from Kathy and other TR's) but never made it over...need to go and read up on a few of your reviews.

Great mini report! quick and easy to follow...but, WOW! can your DH put it away. Sounds like something my DS19 would love to do in the parks. Thank you for the update on MK main street bakery. We missed it last go and was looking forward to the ham crossiant and cinnamon bun. Think it will now be changed to a ham croissant and danish.

Thank you for sharing, now I need to go back and read some of your past reviews; we are going the last week of Sep/first weekend of Oct and doing the DDP for the first time (thinking your expertise, experience, and honesty will help with some of my confusion).

Connie
Hi Connie! So glad you found me, that Kathy is something else isnt she?

Yes my DH can eat alot, that is how he has been since I met him when we were teenagers but I keep telling him that it will catch up with him soon! Love that danish at Main Street..wish I had one right now!

Have fun going over the old reviews...re-read them all the time to remind myself what we liked and didnt like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
I'm so late... it's over!! Glad you had a good time!! Pictures look great... sorry some were not so great tasting Hopefully Via Napoli and San Angel Inn step it up for our May trip!! I never worry too much about Yachtsman... it's a fave--going in March and May!!
It was a fast one wasnt it? I hope VN and SAI are much better for your trip...YM was to die for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie832 View Post
You liked your dinner at Yachtsman!!! Yay!!! I think your choice of sauce on the side was a good one. I did the same thing with my steak, but that's because I'm not a fan of butter or cream sauces. It's nice to taste the steak as-is, though.

Really enjoy reading your reviews. You put so much detail into it, and I really feel like I can hear those conversations between you and your DH.

Oh, and the Cantoloopy definitely has a good amount of vodka. I made the mistake of taking a sip before stirring it, though I'm not usually one for vodka shots, so that was a...surprise.
Hi Sophie! Yes we loved our YM dinner...the steak was amazing! Yes that CM had a very heavy hand with the vodka...I was watching her pour it and you could see it just sitting on the top so a good stirring was in order before the first sip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbg1027 View Post
I'm so sad it's over already! I'm glad you'll be taking a 10 day trip in October so I have more to read!

Love the list of restaurants for October! Hopefully Todd will be 'feeling' them for when you get the ADR's.
That is what I am looking forward to, a nice long trip with Todd constantly messing up my meal plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Another fantastic review Nicki

Roll on October so we can read more
Thanks Linda! Oct cannot get here fast enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Can't believe I'm just seeing a Nicki review and it's over! Going back to pg. 1 to catch up!
Hi hon! Dont forget, drinks in Epcot this Fall WOO HOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Love me some MickyNiki reviews! I have to say we didnt like Via Napoli either when we went in Sept! Service was nice, food was bland!

What do you think gave the shrimp at CMB that amonia taste? I cant wait to try it but wow thats kinda scary!
Thank you! I thought the shrimp was just bad because when they are not fresh they take on that taste but DH thought it was the water because the drinking water tasted like amonia too. To be safe we decided just to leave it on the plate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Good Morning!

Page 6 already! Last night I was sooo excited because it was page 2 (I usually lurk due to being so late in getting here, so 2nd page was pretty exciting!) but as I was posting the computer stuck and had to shut down. Now this morning page 6 - things sure do move quickly arpound these parts!

Going back to catch up - yippee!!
Blink and you miss it! Things move fast around the Dis Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by shera View Post
eeekkk,I must have been under a rock,I didn't even know you guys were in Disney ,lol.Glad you had a great time.Thanks for the lovely reviews as always.Come on May I need me some Disney food!!
Thanks Shera! How are you and the girls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker12 View Post
Great and funny reviews!! Thank you for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Great reviews! I can't believe how fast you got through them...

Thanks for sharing!
Thanks guys, so glad you enjoyed them!
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:12 PM   #83
shera
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Thanks Shera! How are you and the girls?
We are doing great!Oldest one has a job and is starting driver's ed next month!!
shera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:23 PM   #84
lblume91
It's magic wrapped up in pixie dust!

Great reviews!! Your conversations with Todd cracked me up! Sounded a little familiar. My DH & I have been together 22 years so we have the same rapport.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:41 PM   #85
*sarah*
DIS Veteran

Great reviews. Sure makes me want to go back soon. I already forgot which post it was, ugh I should have quoted it, but one of those meals looked delicious. I think it was the one where you said the cornbread and rolls were so good.

Commando #133

*sarah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:45 PM   #86
*sarah*
DIS Veteran

Okay so I went back and checked, it was the Cape May meal. YUMMY.

Commando #133

*sarah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:55 PM   #87
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Another great review Nic!!!! Can't wait to meet y'all in October! Aren't Karin & Tom wonderful?! The best part of all of my WDW trips is meeting new DISers!

Last edited by TigerKat; 02-22-2011 at 03:28 PM.
TigerKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:38 PM   #88
ilovejsparrow
Working on my degree so I can support my WDW obsession!

I'm so glad I stumbled on your review! I need a Disney fix today. Thanks for the great reviews, as always!!
WDW Commando Member #165

ilovejsparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:48 PM   #89
jess20k
DIS Veteran

As always, I have loved your reviews and pics! You give wonderful reviews with lots of terrific info and pics, along with lots of fun!!! You have also made me want to give Cape May another try. The only time that we have ever dined there, was a few years ago..and it was not good. But, now I am finally willing to give it another try.

Thanks again for another yummy dining report!

jess20k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:14 PM   #90
irishsharon
DIS Veteran

I can"t believe I just got here and it is already over Thanks for the great reviews
irishsharon is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: