Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2011, 04:01 PM   #31
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Wow, your meal at the Yachtman looked great! It was already on our list for August but now I actually want to go instead of just going because DH wants to!

And the nachos are on my list for our eat around EPCOT day for sure! And that canta-loopy has been added to my drink around EPCOT list! Course my drink around will be over 4 or 5 days, not one!
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:05 PM   #32
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

After a fun filled, drama filled, booze filled Friday we were worried about what Saturday had to bring us....it has to bring us CROWDS!

Woke up early, not because I wanted to, not because the alarm went off but because some nimrod thought it woudl be ok to let his kids run screaming and yelling up and down the hallway at 6:30 in the freakin morning...oh man, I was really regretting those 3 daquiries I had the day before.

Up early, hot shower and in desperate need of coffee. I mean real deal Holyfield coffee....not this junk in the room. I was like a mad woman, you know it is bad when I am chanting COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE and your husband has to tell you to shut it as people are starting to stare.

When we finally got to Epcot the coffee stand by England wasnt open yet. I was coming unglued. Finally, after what seemed like eternity I made it to the coffee stand by Ellen Degeneres. I had a large non fat vanilla latte...I asked the girl to give me another shot and she said it already had 4 shots...DONT CARE give it to me!

Ah...a 5 shot espresso coffee...even if it is Disney it has to be good right? Well it is Joffrey's Coffee and that is pretty good stuff. I was a very very happy girl, even if I did scorch my tongue on the first gulp.

The girl was putting pastries out and I asked her if they were the same danish that Main Street Bakery has and she said no...bummer

I almost skip away I am so happy...I have my coffee and it isnt nasty! As I smile to myself and whisper lovey things to my cup of coffee I hear a growl come from behind me. It is getting louder, it is getting meaner and now it is starting to breathe down my neck. I am afraid to turn around as I have a clue what it is

It is Todd's stomach!

He is not looking very nice....

TODD: Are you happy now dear? Did you get what you wanted dear?

ME: Oh yes yes...very very happy, I have 5 shots of espresso coursing through me....happy happy joy joy

TODD: Oh thats so good...now it is time to find me a bit of happiness...where da food at??

ME: (I point to the coffee heaven I just was at and said) Go get it big boy...they have all kinds of stuff

TODD: Nope, I need food food not that stuff

Ah great, tear me away from caffeine Nirvana for food! Just to stop the monster from within I got him a pretzel...can you believe they have this stuff out so early? Can you believe they were almost sold out already????

We went to Sunshine Seasons, had to get FP for Soarin anyways! One line open for breakfast and one line for pastries...it was mobbed. Where the heck did all these people come from?

Jumped in line for pastries first...sorry sold out of cheese danish, sorry sold out of cinnamon buns. Dang! Over to the food food line. One bounty platter, one croissant berry pudding...wait what? What is croissant berry pudding? I dont know but I gots ta have it!

The breakfast platter was the normal thing, icky potatoes, great creamy eggs, paper thin bacon and so so sausage. The french toast and biscuit was quickly gobbled up by DH as was most of the platter and he enjoyed it so that is good enought for me.

Ah finally, fruit! Cold wonderful delish fruit!

But the best is for last, the croissant berry pudding. This was bread pudding made with croissants and blueberries and it was the best thing ever and I could have eaten huge bowls full of this! It was amazing!

MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2011, 04:06 PM   #33
skunk
Teach Me How To Bucky

Jealous of the nice weather you enjoyed. I tried to talk my wife into a last minute trip when I saw the forecast, but no go. Keep forgetting we have a wedding to pay for in 2012

I tried a Canto Loopy for the first time during F&W. Nice option when I'm not feeling a margarita, not to mention that generous pour of vodka!!

Cabana Bar is a great spot. Had lunch there a year ago on a Sunday, and watched Packers/Bears(no room at ESPN). Sounds like your show may have been more exciting than the game we watched

Glad to hear that you enjoyed Yachtsman, as we are headed there for the second time in May( IM, FF, and Bluezoo too). Have yet to try a restaurant that you and Todd liked, that we have not enjoyed as well. Thanks again for reviews!!
Old 02-21-2011, 04:24 PM   #34
MickeyNicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Wow, you've been busy writing reviews today

I love them

Can't wait to read more, the friendly banter between you and Todd has me in fits of laughter
Yes I am! I am trying to get them all done today since work will be a nightmare tomorrow LOL! That is how Todd and I talk every day...our family thinks we are nutty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Okay...are you sitting down??? We have NEVER been to the Main Street Bakery except once and I think we got a chocolate chip muffin years and years ago. What have I been missing all these years???? Ok what???!!!! Are you pulling my leg? You have got to get your rear in gear and get in there woman!!! They have frozen cappuccino's too!

God, Todd just cracks me up. When will he EVER listen to you?

Um never? He has been this way for 20 years, no stopping him now

The Terrace is NEVER open when we are there. I think the kids were still little the last time it was opened when we were at the parks. That menu looks really, really good.

I thought so too! I wish I was hungrier I would have had lunch there that day

I am getting an upset tummy with everything that man of yours eats in such a short time and at such weird hours.

Oh you have no idea...this is a man that can eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a jar of cocktail olives for breakfast...I swear to you, he has done it before!

I am loving Todd in his new "body bag."

It was HUGE!

I am drooling over those waffle fries. I love me waffle fries and those look scrumptious.

The best I ever had!

That was very rude of the older boys parents to walk away from a situation there their kids created. Sometimes I just wonder about people.
Me too!

Quote:
Okay, YOU know that I have not made any of my ADR's for our trip in September because I can't until 29 and now you have me drooling over Yachtsman. But isn't that two credits per person? If so, that won't work with such a short stay.

You are killing me here, girlfriend.
For once I would love for you two to have a signature meal...this place will blow your mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
Wow, your meal at the Yachtman looked great! It was already on our list for August but now I actually want to go instead of just going because DH wants to!

And the nachos are on my list for our eat around EPCOT day for sure! And that canta-loopy has been added to my drink around EPCOT list! Course my drink around will be over 4 or 5 days, not one!
The dinner was outstanding, thank goodness or he would have been all over me about it! Nachos and a cantaloopy are the best! I wish we had more time, would have loved to do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunk View Post
Jealous of the nice weather you enjoyed. I tried to talk my wife into a last minute trip when I saw the forecast, but no go. Keep forgetting we have a wedding to pay for in 2012

I tried a Canto Loopy for the first time during F&W. Nice option when I'm not feeling a margarita, not to mention that generous pour of vodka!!

Cabana Bar is a great spot. Had lunch there a year ago on a Sunday, and watched Packers/Bears(no room at ESPN). Sounds like your show may have been more exciting than the game we watched

Glad to hear that you enjoyed Yachtsman, as we are headed there for the second time in May( IM, FF, and Bluezoo too). Have yet to try a restaurant that you and Todd liked, that we have not enjoyed as well. Thanks again for reviews!!
A wedding is much more important although if I had to do it all over again I would have eloped as Todd's quiet German family made my large loud Italian family crazy!

Your line up sounds wonderful! We are trying to go in May as well, maybe the 23-28, just to get away for a while. I def want to add those 4 places to our Oct trip!
Old 02-21-2011, 04:24 PM   #35
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Dangit! Your review of Yachtsman is going to make me change my ressies and put it in...i keep hearing good reviews so its time to put it back on my Signature rotation.

Jill in CO
Old 02-21-2011, 04:27 PM   #36
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
After a fun filled, drama filled, booze filled Friday we were worried about what Saturday had to bring us....it has to bring us CROWDS!

Woke up early, not because I wanted to, not because the alarm went off but because some nimrod thought it woudl be ok to let his kids run screaming and yelling up and down the hallway at 6:30 in the freakin morning...oh man, I was really regretting those 3 daquiries I had the day before.

Up early, hot shower and in desperate need of coffee. I mean real deal Holyfield coffee....not this junk in the room. I was like a mad woman, you know it is bad when I am chanting COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE and your husband has to tell you to shut it as people are starting to stare.

When we finally got to Epcot the coffee stand by England wasnt open yet. I was coming unglued. Finally, after what seemed like eternity I made it to the coffee stand by Ellen Degeneres. I had a large non fat vanilla latte...I asked the girl to give me another shot and she said it already had 4 shots...DONT CARE give it to me!

Ah...a 5 shot espresso coffee...even if it is Disney it has to be good right? Well it is Joffrey's Coffee and that is pretty good stuff. I was a very very happy girl, even if I did scorch my tongue on the first gulp.

The girl was putting pastries out and I asked her if they were the same danish that Main Street Bakery has and she said no...bummer

I almost skip away I am so happy...I have my coffee and it isnt nasty! As I smile to myself and whisper lovey things to my cup of coffee I hear a growl come from behind me. It is getting louder, it is getting meaner and now it is starting to breathe down my neck. I am afraid to turn around as I have a clue what it is

It is Todd's stomach!

He is not looking very nice....

TODD: Are you happy now dear? Did you get what you wanted dear?

ME: Oh yes yes...very very happy, I have 5 shots of espresso coursing through me....happy happy joy joy

TODD: Oh thats so good...now it is time to find me a bit of happiness...where da food at??

ME: (I point to the coffee heaven I just was at and said) Go get it big boy...they have all kinds of stuff

TODD: Nope, I need food food not that stuff

Ah great, tear me away from caffeine Nirvana for food! Just to stop the monster from within I got him a pretzel...can you believe they have this stuff out so early? Can you believe they were almost sold out already????

We went to Sunshine Seasons, had to get FP for Soarin anyways! One line open for breakfast and one line for pastries...it was mobbed. Where the heck did all these people come from?

Jumped in line for pastries first...sorry sold out of cheese danish, sorry sold out of cinnamon buns. Dang! Over to the food food line. One bounty platter, one croissant berry pudding...wait what? What is croissant berry pudding? I dont know but I gots ta have it!

The breakfast platter was the normal thing, icky potatoes, great creamy eggs, paper thin bacon and so so sausage. The french toast and biscuit was quickly gobbled up by DH as was most of the platter and he enjoyed it so that is good enought for me.

Ah finally, fruit! Cold wonderful delish fruit!

But the best is for last, the croissant berry pudding. This was bread pudding made with croissants and blueberries and it was the best thing ever and I could have eaten huge bowls full of this! It was amazing!

I am telling you that they need to put a Starbucks in every resort to make you and I happy for our morning coffee. IF we ever get there at the same time, I'll just drive and go get our coffee at SB's every a.m.

And of course the stomach was grumbling...he hadn't been fed in 12 hours at least.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:31 PM   #37
MickeyNicki

Saturday was jamming at Epcot...people were packed like sardines and the wait times were outrageous. We ran to the countries for safety but it was insane there too!

As if the boy didnt get enough to eat for breakfast and let us not forget the pretzel at 9:20 am...he had to get another stinking egg roll!

Well if you are going to do that then I am going to have a Peach Snap at 11am and I dont care what you say about it! He was not going for that so he had a plain Peach Oolong Ice Tea

Also in China at the Joy of Tea stand they have pork buns and little pastries with spicy chicken in them

Thankfully that held the boy over until lunch...this was his pick, REMEMBER, very important to remember that Todd picked lunch ok....I will touch on this later.

Over to Via Napoli, the love of my love's life this past November...as you recall we ate there not once, not twice but THREE times!! Of course he had to have it...he drove me nuts asking me to make sure we were eating there.

So yeah, remember that

We checked in and were seated right away...the place was slamming and there was a huge line out the door. An adorable waiter came over to take our order. We both had Acqua Panna

I was surprised when they brought us bread and olive oil since we didnt get that on any of our visits last year. The oil was excellent, the bread was hard and dried out

New menu too...you can add your own toppings...or maybe that was on it and I forgot

This is where DH has a brain fart and forgets things

TODD: I am going to get the Arancini

ME: You dont like that...lets not repeat MK ok?

TODD: No I really liked that the last time

ME: No you liked the ones from Citicos not here

TODD: You cannot possible remember

ME: Wanna bet? I dont Dis for nuttin pal

But the goof orders it anyways and is shocked when he doesnt like it. Not the sauce, not the stickiness of the filling, not the flavor...nothing. They were terrible....

ME: Whats the matter? Mad cuz I'm right or mad cuz you didnt listen?

TODD: Yeah yeah I know, Nicki Know It All, right again

ME: Helps if you remember that the next time pal, save us all alot of time and trouble

Ah men...the joys of marriage LOL

I wasnt that hungry so I had the salad for two which as I remembered was enough for one (at least I pay attention when I speak) and that was a great salad, full of mixed greens and peppers with a nice spicy red wine vinegar dressing. I was not in danger of DH eating it as he calls that type of salad grass LOL

He opted for a mushroom pizza...but wait, where are the mushrooms I paid $2 for???

He was picking at it and he ate it but he didnt look too happy. I asked if he didnt like the mushrooms and he said the pizza was completely different, last time there was a ton of sauce and tons of cheese and this time not so much....ok so THAT you remember but the fact that you didnt like the rice balls slipped your mind? I finished off the half piece he left behind and I thought it was fine.

As we were leaving he told me that he wasnt so thrilled with VN this trip and to skip it next time. I am gonna add it in though because you just never know with that man of mine!

Last edited by MickeyNicki; 02-21-2011 at 04:43 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:33 PM   #38
janeapplemeadow
Mouseketeer

Nicki, Glad to see someone else who needs their coffee. I felt a little strange writing in my report that I had 5 espressos in the morning. That's the thing I hate about Disney. No matter where you go you have to search for a good cup of coffee. This year I brought my own blend so I could make that first cup in the room. I'm bummed, I never saw that berry bread pudding when I was there, it sure looks good.
janeapplemeadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:56 PM   #39
cbg1027
I knew I had converted him when he started pointing out hidden Mickeys to me!

It's not even 5 hours after you first start this DR and I only make it to the 3rd page?!?!?! Girl, you are one popular dining reviewer!

Sorry I missed you guys this weekend! I have tentative dates for Oct 27-30. A friend and I booked at the Yacht Club so we'll be close to Epcot (and have use of SAB!). We need to give our La Cava meet another try!
cbg1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:59 PM   #40
shortchange1026
Why is all the rum gone?? KUNGALOOSH!

Yay!! I've been waiting for this review ever since I saw your ticker! LOVE LOVE LOVE your reviews, you always make me laugh! Glad you liked the Yachtsman, we are going the end of October and DH wants to try it. Our dinner at Le Cellier was horrible last time so we want to try somewhere new. Can't wait for more..
Old 02-21-2011, 05:48 PM   #41
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

I am in here too!

Sorry it took me so long to subscribe, I was otherwise occupied!

Haven't had time to read yet, but will do tonight, IF I can still keep my eyes open after dinner at California Grill!

Talk to you soon - it was a blast meeting you!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:44 PM   #42
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

Yay... another Nicki report! I gotta try that Canto Loopy. Sounds yummy... Thanks for sharing your weekend report with us!
OurDogCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:46 PM   #43
athenna
DIS Veteran

I've been waiting a long time for a new, really, cool tag..., but I was hit by a drive by tagging instead!

Great reviews as usual!

I got engaged 1/24/10 in Epcot
athenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:56 PM   #44
Shleedogg
DIS Veteran

Yea! So excited to join in. My year was so empty with only 1 MickeyNicki review!

Shleedogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #45
MickeyNicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Dangit! Your review of Yachtsman is going to make me change my ressies and put it in...i keep hearing good reviews so its time to put it back on my Signature rotation.

Jill in CO
That is why I booked it, all the lastest reviews were so positive that I had to try it for myself!

Quote:
I am telling you that they need to put a Starbucks in every resort to make you and I happy for our morning coffee. IF we ever get there at the same time, I'll just drive and go get our coffee at SB's every a.m.

And of course the stomach was grumbling...he hadn't been fed in 12 hours at least.
I agree with this! They would make a fortune and both of us would go to Starbucks and wind up spending the day there gabbing away! Todd must eat every few hours or he turns into a nightmare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeapplemeadow View Post
Nicki, Glad to see someone else who needs their coffee. I felt a little strange writing in my report that I had 5 espressos in the morning. That's the thing I hate about Disney. No matter where you go you have to search for a good cup of coffee. This year I brought my own blend so I could make that first cup in the room. I'm bummed, I never saw that berry bread pudding when I was there, it sure looks good.
Jane, I can go a day without coffee but no more than that or I get nuts! My usual Mon-Fri is a quad non fat no foam sugar free vanilla latte from Starbucks but on the weekend I dont need coffee...go figure! At WDW we usually have a TS for breakfast at least every other day so I can get my fix, somewhat fix! That bread pudding was to die for..I told Todd that is what I want to eat every time we go to Epcot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbg1027 View Post
It's not even 5 hours after you first start this DR and I only make it to the 3rd page?!?!?! Girl, you are one popular dining reviewer!

Sorry I missed you guys this weekend! I have tentative dates for Oct 27-30. A friend and I booked at the Yacht Club so we'll be close to Epcot (and have use of SAB!). We need to give our La Cava meet another try!
Hi Cathy! How are you honey? I am doing my best to keep up but SOMEONE who shall remain nameless had the nerve to ask me to make dinner

I hope you guys go at that time because we will be there and this time there will be a meet! Todd and I were talking it over and if the discounts are nice we hope to stay at the YC or the BWI, if not the entire 10 nights at least half of them as I want to spend alot of time at F&W!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortchange1026 View Post
Yay!! I've been waiting for this review ever since I saw your ticker! LOVE LOVE LOVE your reviews, you always make me laugh! Glad you liked the Yachtsman, we are going the end of October and DH wants to try it. Our dinner at Le Cellier was horrible last time so we want to try somewhere new. Can't wait for more..
LOL...ME TOO! So glad you are here to enjoy them! I hope you love the Yachtsman as much as we did...I really want to try LC since it will be signature in Oct..see you there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
I am in here too!

Sorry it took me so long to subscribe, I was otherwise occupied!

Haven't had time to read yet, but will do tonight, IF I can still keep my eyes open after dinner at California Grill!

Talk to you soon - it was a blast meeting you!
Well the nerve of you having fun in Disney World instead of sitting in the room reading my dining reviews

I am so glad you are following along, I am tagging along on your live trip too! Have a wonderful dinner you too, say HI to Ron!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDogCisco View Post
Yay... another Nicki report! I gotta try that Canto Loopy. Sounds yummy... Thanks for sharing your weekend report with us!
It was wonderful, if you love vodka you will love it! Thanks for joining in the madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenna View Post
Great reviews as usual!
Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shleedogg View Post
Yea! So excited to join in. My year was so empty with only 1 MickeyNicki review!
My year was so long without a trip! I dont know how I did it last year with just one trip LOL

I am trying to get away in May too so Todd can go for his birthday and wear the button and get the entire place to sing to him for a change

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: