Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2011, 03:35 PM   #151
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
I GOT ALL MY RESSIES FOR OCT! I am so happy and it was so easy to just get up at 6am and book them online

Cape May Clambake
Citricos
Mama Melrose
Cali Grill
Kouzzina
Le Cellier
Tutto Italia
Boatwrights
Artists Point
Kona breakfast
Grand Floridian Tea
Fultons
Cape May breakfast
Chefs de France lunch

YIPPEE!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!

You've got some real great restaurants here. Other than Kathy we had a really nice meal at Boatwrights and are really hoping to go back soon.
I am not a huge fan of Chefs though - might be we have too much access to real french food!
BTW ......... when will Todd start changing them?
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:55 PM   #152
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great job, Nic. We've been to several of these and enjoyed all of them (except Boatwright's). One of these trips, we will do some signature restaurants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Congratulations!!!!!!!!

You've got some real great restaurants here. Other than Kathy we had a really nice meal at Boatwrights and are really hoping to go back soon.
I am not a huge fan of Chefs though - might be we have too much access to real french food!
BTW ......... when will Todd start changing them?
HI KARIN AND KATHY! HAPPY EASTER WEEKEND!

Boatwrights may change, I put that as our arrival night dinner and if we switch resorts we will change our dinner plans too. After last year there is no way I am going to DTD for dinner, just too busy.

Oh Karin, he already started!

I had originally planned Flying Fish and Shulas because HE requested it. I was able to get him to sit down with me on Thurs night and go over what I was going to book.

The King decided we can just go to Shulas here in Naples so why go to the one in WDW? *DUH BECAUSE YOU WANTED IT?*

He wanted to go to the place with the windows, you know Nic, the one that we watched the entire summer storm blow through? In Todd speak that is Cali Grill. I told him neither of us were thrilled the last time but he wants to try it again.

Then he made me ditch FF because he will be sick of steak by then and no way was I giving up LC, I have to try it now that it is a signature! It was his decision to go with Kouzzina and Mama Melrose as well. He didnt seem to notice that I spaced the steak places out with Italian and Seafood places in between so no, the boy will not be eating steak every single night.

We shall see if this pans out. I think we may ditch those 2 places and I dont know if we really want to go back to Cape May Clambake either.....still playing around with this whole dining thing I would love to try the Bistro in France but he wasnt too thrilled when I read the menu to him.

There are only 2 breakfasts set because we dont feel like running around to get a bite, CS will work just fine and we love breakfast CS from MK and Epcot.

I wanted to go to Y&Y for lunch on our departure day but he changed it up on me there too! We are not huge fans of AK and we may or may not pop over there in Oct. And he is always bringing up the wonderful solo lunch I had at Chefs back in June 09 and he would like to try it. Neither of us enjoy dinner there but the lunch was very good.

Since I have been spending the entire day on the Disney Dining website I took a stab at what is going to be open in May and there seems to be lots of availability for many TS place. BUT, I was a very good girl and didnt book one reservation. I figure 20 years of going to WDW together I might as well let the boy have ONE trip done his way

Thank goodness he didnt say a word about me sneaking in the Grand Floridian Tea
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2011, 08:00 PM   #153
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I love my SOLO trips cuz the dining is all about ME!!!!!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:11 PM   #154
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

The plans looks great, Nicki. I hope your meal at Cali Grill is better this time. It truly was our greatest meal during our anniversary trip. We ended up cancelling it last time because Max was not in the mood. I'm not even going to attempt it for awhile, thus, I hope to live vicariously through you.
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

tinacaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:45 PM   #155
catne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I GOT ALL MY RESSIES FOR OCT! I am so happy and it was so easy to just get up at 6am and book them online

Cape May Clambake
Citricos
Mama Melrose
Cali Grill
Kouzzina
Le Cellier
Tutto Italia
Boatwrights
Artists Point
Kona breakfast
Grand Floridian Tea
Fultons
Cape May breakfast
Chefs de France lunch

YIPPEE!
oh yum...some of my favorites on there! Have you been to Boatwrights before?
January (twice) & February 2014 SSR December 2013 POFQ October 2013 Off-site, September 2013,POFQ March 2013 AoA Feb 2013 POFQ Feb 2013 POFQ Jan 2013 Caribbean Beach Nov 2012 POFQ Sept 2012 BC May 2012 POFQ Mar 2012 POFQ Feb 2012 POFQ JAN 2012 AKL Oct 2011 Wilderness Lodge Sep 2011 POFQ Feb 2011 Pop Century Jan 2011 Pop CenturyNov 2010 CSR Sept 2010 Boardwalk May 2010 POFQ Jan 2010 BCV 2009 Sept & 2009 May POFQ 2009 Jan Contempo 2008 Sept Pop 2008 May POFQ 2007 May Poly 2000 May FW Cabin 1992 May off site 1990 May off site
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:51 PM   #156
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Happy Easter to our bestest friends in the whole wide world. Love you guys.

Romeo and Kat
Old 04-23-2011, 09:53 PM   #157
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

HIIIIIII!!!!!! I just read through this entire thread. I haven't been on the dis in forever and this thread just made me sooo sad and sooo happy at the same time! Sad because I've been away for awhile, and happy because I LOVE YOUR REPORTS!!! Loved all the reviews. Especially loved Todd's forgetful moments ie the arancini and cinnamon roll. As I read, I was like nooo you don't like those!!!!! Hahahaha. Well it's great to be back and to see you have upcoming trips, so lots more MickeyNicki reviews to come!!! We just found out we are going down in June again for our 2 year anniversary! Totally unplanned. But we decided we miss it too much and we need to go back! We have a lot of adr's planned, lots of places we've never tried before, so reviews to come!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:16 AM   #158
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Based on our last trip, Y&Y would be worth just popping in to AK for. But when DS and I had our Mom & Son trip we were disappointed. Hoping this year is just like last trip and that our first experience was the one that was 'off'.

We didn't care for Boatwrights either but that was back in 2007 so I am sure things are different.

I, too, hope your Cali Grille meal is better this year. So looking forward to taking DH there this trip as DS and I love it in '08!

We are eating at most of the places you are in August so I will be sure to take a lot of pics for ya!

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:37 PM   #159
MickeyNicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
The plans looks great, Nicki. I hope your meal at Cali Grill is better this time. It truly was our greatest meal during our anniversary trip. We ended up cancelling it last time because Max was not in the mood. I'm not even going to attempt it for awhile, thus, I hope to live vicariously through you.
Thanks Tina! I hope Cali Grill is better too...I might just go back to the pork dish as that was fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
oh yum...some of my favorites on there! Have you been to Boatwrights before?
Hi Cathy! We have not been to Boatwrights before but I like the menu and it will be so easy to go there for our arrival night dinner if we wind up sticking with the POFQ, which we will as long as there is some type of discount for for the first few nights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Happy Easter to our bestest friends in the whole wide world. Love you guys.

Romeo and Kat
Back at ya babe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
HIIIIIII!!!!!! I just read through this entire thread. I haven't been on the dis in forever and this thread just made me sooo sad and sooo happy at the same time! Sad because I've been away for awhile, and happy because I LOVE YOUR REPORTS!!! Loved all the reviews. Especially loved Todd's forgetful moments ie the arancini and cinnamon roll. As I read, I was like nooo you don't like those!!!!! Hahahaha. Well it's great to be back and to see you have upcoming trips, so lots more MickeyNicki reviews to come!!! We just found out we are going down in June again for our 2 year anniversary! Totally unplanned. But we decided we miss it too much and we need to go back! We have a lot of adr's planned, lots of places we've never tried before, so reviews to come!
I knew you would show up! I am so happy you are back on the boards..in 2010 I stayed off the boards for an entire year, until our Nov 10 trip...it was hard but easy at the same time if that makes any sense. Now you have a trip to plan and that is so exciting! I hope you have a great time and a wonderful anniversary! I cannot wait until your reviews!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
Based on our last trip, Y&Y would be worth just popping in to AK for. But when DS and I had our Mom & Son trip we were disappointed. Hoping this year is just like last trip and that our first experience was the one that was 'off'.

We didn't care for Boatwrights either but that was back in 2007 so I am sure things are different.

I, too, hope your Cali Grille meal is better this year. So looking forward to taking DH there this trip as DS and I love it in '08!

We are eating at most of the places you are in August so I will be sure to take a lot of pics for ya!
See I liked Y&Y but Todd doesnt remember that he liked it What he didnt like was the Y&Y counter service but he doesnt believe me when I tell him that Maybe we will make it over there for lunch during our trip....AK is not a must do for us but with 10 full days I will have to come up with something, we cannot spend every waking moment at the F&W can we?

I have never been to Boatwrights and we have stayed at the POR many times, just never managed to get there. Still might not manage it if we change resorts.

Ooh thanks so much for the pics for your next trip...that is so helpful!
Old 04-24-2011, 07:48 PM   #160
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Personally, I think I could spend most of my time at Food and Wine!
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

tinacaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:48 AM   #161
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

See I liked Y&Y but Todd doesnt remember that he liked it What he didnt like was the Y&Y counter service but he doesnt believe me when I tell him that Maybe we will make it over there for lunch during our trip....AK is not a must do for us but with 10 full days I will have to come up with something, we cannot spend every waking moment at the F&W can we?
Ah yes, 10 days! Heaven! I cannot wait til August! We only go to AK once a trip but I would miss it if we didn't end up there at least once. DS loves the Safari ride and I could sit and watch the tigers all day. We have never explored the trails around the tree so that is at the top of our list this trip. And the Jammin' Jungle Parade is my absolute favorite Disney parade ... I just love the music. Add in Y&Y for lunch and it is a must do day for us.

That said, if I ever get to F&W, I think I could spend many waking moments there! Some day ...

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:19 PM   #162
TPCShauna
Most Cheerful Creativear
I think "Under the Sea" would be a nice place to live
I definitely think that the colored mini marshmallows make the best peep poop

Location: Orlando, FL - just minutes from the magic! (but I'm still a Texas girl at heart!)

Sorry for hijacking your thread for this super long post. I totally need your advice since you've done F&W so many times and are going again this year.

Now that DH and I are Florida residents, I'm finally able to plan a F&W/MNSSHP trip. Our anniversary is October 5 so we're planning for Oct. 2 through the 6. Rides aren't that important since we have APs and are close enough to use them regularly so we're keeping the trip shorter than we would normally. We are pretty sure we want to stay BC since it's so close to Epcot, but we can't figure out how to handle dining.

Here's the options:
1) BC CL with all F&W OOP and TS using our TIW card (likely to do very few TS and focus mainly on F&W and CS)
2) BC with DDP (will probably still only do a few TS and mostly F&W and CS)
3) BC with QSDP (so we get 4 snacks a day to use at F&W instead of 2 like on DDP; TS will be with TIW)
4) BC with DxDP (so we can eat ourselves into a coma and have to be rolled home to Tampa )

I'm trying to figure out the least expensive way to book. I figure the BC with QSDP might be the way to go since we tend to split CS a lot when we are snacking our way around Epcot and the F&W would be this on high. I'm just wondering how many meals we will get out of the F&W snacking and how much of a repeat value the snacks have.

Which of the above options would you pick? Do y'all do TIW for your TS meals or do you DDP all of your trips? I noticed you did Poly CL back in November and was wondering if you also had a DDP on that trip as well. If so, was it food overkill?

Sorry for playing 20 questions. I've gone over the numbers 10 ways from Sunday and just can't figure it out so I thought I would ask an expert.

TIA!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 08:26 AM   #163
MickeyNicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPCShauna View Post
Sorry for hijacking your thread for this super long post. I totally need your advice since you've done F&W so many times and are going again this year.

Now that DH and I are Florida residents, I'm finally able to plan a F&W/MNSSHP trip. Our anniversary is October 5 so we're planning for Oct. 2 through the 6. Rides aren't that important since we have APs and are close enough to use them regularly so we're keeping the trip shorter than we would normally. We are pretty sure we want to stay BC since it's so close to Epcot, but we can't figure out how to handle dining.

Here's the options:
1) BC CL with all F&W OOP and TS using our TIW card (likely to do very few TS and focus mainly on F&W and CS)
2) BC with DDP (will probably still only do a few TS and mostly F&W and CS)
3) BC with QSDP (so we get 4 snacks a day to use at F&W instead of 2 like on DDP; TS will be with TIW)
4) BC with DxDP (so we can eat ourselves into a coma and have to be rolled home to Tampa )

I'm trying to figure out the least expensive way to book. I figure the BC with QSDP might be the way to go since we tend to split CS a lot when we are snacking our way around Epcot and the F&W would be this on high. I'm just wondering how many meals we will get out of the F&W snacking and how much of a repeat value the snacks have.

Which of the above options would you pick? Do y'all do TIW for your TS meals or do you DDP all of your trips? I noticed you did Poly CL back in November and was wondering if you also had a DDP on that trip as well. If so, was it food overkill?

Sorry for playing 20 questions. I've gone over the numbers 10 ways from Sunday and just can't figure it out so I thought I would ask an expert.

TIA!!!
Hi Shauna!

We have never done a dining plan as we have TIW. That works out best for us because Todd changes our plans alot and I dont want to feel pressured to use the dining credits. We have done 2 TS in one day and that has been alot, I cannot imagine doing 3 TS a day and then snacking at F&W, that is just too much eating The one thing that we are set in stone about is ending our day on a nice TS dinner, I dont care about what I eat for breakfast or lunch but to relax at dinner is something we both look forward to.

I would not stay CL and have a dining plan, too much food and if you use the CL to get your moneys worth you may not use your food credits and if you dont use the CL lounge then why stay CL? Our 2 stays at the CL were great, it was nice to have a light breakfast and snacks later but in order to get our monies worth we felt like we had to interrupt our schedule to run back to the resort. In the morning and late afternoon it was ok but if you have dinner plans you might not make it back to the lounge from 5-7 for appetizers.

If you are going mainly for the F&W skip the dining plan. Get yourself a TIW card and do 1 TS a night for dinner. You will find that you will not be able to fit in all the F&W in one day so you will keep going back to Epcot to sample more snacks (that can get costly but if you share each item then it isnt too bad).

We have gone to every F&W since day 1 and we prefer to have lunch just snacking at the food booths...and drinking at the food booths

One other way to save money is stay at the Swan and Dolphin. Todd and I do this alot and the rates are usually $159 a night and the location is perfect! Oct 09 we did a 4 night stay there and the goal was to just to F&W, it was perfect. We saved money, just a quick walk to Epcot and we were able to take in all that the F&W had to offer.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:54 AM   #164
TPCShauna
Most Cheerful Creativear

Location: Orlando, FL - just minutes from the magic! (but I'm still a Texas girl at heart!)

Quote:
Hi Shauna!

We have never done a dining plan as we have TIW. That works out best for us because Todd changes our plans alot and I dont want to feel pressured to use the dining credits. We have done 2 TS in one day and that has been alot, I cannot imagine doing 3 TS a day and then snacking at F&W, that is just too much eating The one thing that we are set in stone about is ending our day on a nice TS dinner, I dont care about what I eat for breakfast or lunch but to relax at dinner is something we both look forward to.

I would not stay CL and have a dining plan, too much food and if you use the CL to get your moneys worth you may not use your food credits and if you dont use the CL lounge then why stay CL? Our 2 stays at the CL were great, it was nice to have a light breakfast and snacks later but in order to get our monies worth we felt like we had to interrupt our schedule to run back to the resort. In the morning and late afternoon it was ok but if you have dinner plans you might not make it back to the lounge from 5-7 for appetizers.

If you are going mainly for the F&W skip the dining plan. Get yourself a TIW card and do 1 TS a night for dinner. You will find that you will not be able to fit in all the F&W in one day so you will keep going back to Epcot to sample more snacks (that can get costly but if you share each item then it isnt too bad).

We have gone to every F&W since day 1 and we prefer to have lunch just snacking at the food booths...and drinking at the food booths

One other way to save money is stay at the Swan and Dolphin. Todd and I do this alot and the rates are usually $159 a night and the location is perfect! Oct 09 we did a 4 night stay there and the goal was to just to F&W, it was perfect. We saved money, just a quick walk to Epcot and we were able to take in all that the F&W had to offer.
Thanks so much for your input!

We have TIW and love it, and I was thinking that might work for us. We aren't sure if we would even want to do a TS every night, but you are right that it would probably work better for us to do TIW than DDP. I was trying to figure out if the snack credits would be worth the trouble of the DDP, but I don't think so after all.

We were mainly thinking CL because we are really wanting to spend a lot of time at our resort so DH can enjoy the pool (SAB) so it would be convenient to pop up to the lounge for snackies. You are right that CL and DDP is a lot of food. When we did it in 2005, we almost never had anything other than breakfast in the CL and felt it was a waste from that standpoint.

Thanks for sharing your reasoning. I appreciate your viewpoint since you've been there, done that!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:44 AM   #165
TPCShauna
Most Cheerful Creativear

Hi there!

I have another question for you. We're doing the early October trip for F&W, MNSSHP and our anniversary. DH doesn't do seafood so I've always thought Flying Fish was a no-go for us. But in reading your reviews, I noticed that Todd does the steak at FF so now I'm not sure.

Which of the following would you pick for an anniversary dinner:
Flying Fish
Yachtsmans Steakhouse
Citricos

I currently have a ressie at YS, but it's no problem to change it. I'm leaning towards one of the first two since we're staying BC/YC, but we'll have our car so it won't be a problem to drive over to the GF.

TIA for your input!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: