Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2011, 06:13 PM   #1
mousehouseguest
Earning My Ears

A Celiac's Dream- the Dining Review!

Hey Everyone!
I am excited to review my 3 day stay at WDW plus my 4 night Disney Dream cruise. I have been Gluten free for almost 2 years and I know it can be hard to find good reliable info, so I figured I should come out of lurkdom and contribute! We leave Aug 9th and return the 16th, so please let me know if you have any questions and I will try to get info for you. And when I get back I will post a full review of all our meals, Gluten-Free and Gluten-filled alike!
mousehouseguest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:05 PM   #2
dancingdisneydreamer
Earning My Ears

I can't wait to read your reviews! Two of my family members have celiac, so your reviews should be very helpful to us!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2011, 12:34 AM   #3
JessLovesDisney
The DISney Girl formerly known as VeganRazzleDazzle!

I was just diagnosed with Celiacs. I have eaten many ways at Disney, just never gluten free. I'm going after you, so I'm looking forward to your reviews!
Old 07-30-2011, 11:18 AM   #4
Buntington
Mouseketeer

No experience with celiac disease, but I'll be interested in seeing your reviews because DH is trying to stay away from wheat (not very successfully, I might add). And...we'll be staying at Disney from August 9th to the 15th! I wonder if we'll be at some of the same restaurants...
Planning DS's First Trip December 2016!
Buntington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:40 PM   #5
davebon23
Mouseketeer

If you could post your plans of what places you are thinking of trying, then we could ask more about those experiences. I would hate to ask you about experiences if you won't even be going there. This may help all of us with what questions we may ask you. Thanks for offering and it will be great to hear because we are going 7 days after you get back. I would really appreciate hearing your input!!
Couple times as a kid around 1974 when we lived in FL. All Star Sports 5/98, All Star Movies 11/00, All Star Movies 9/01, Coronado Springs 8/03(BIL's wedding at Disney), Port Orleans French Quarter 2/07, French Quarter 8/11, UPCOMING CBR 9/2013
Me DH DS(18)(OFF TO COLLEGE) DD(16)
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]

Last edited by davebon23; 07-30-2011 at 01:41 PM. Reason: add on
davebon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:44 PM   #6
davebon23
Mouseketeer

OOPS! We are going 10 days after you get back. I counted wrong. Wishful thinking
Couple times as a kid around 1974 when we lived in FL. All Star Sports 5/98, All Star Movies 11/00, All Star Movies 9/01, Coronado Springs 8/03(BIL's wedding at Disney), Port Orleans French Quarter 2/07, French Quarter 8/11, UPCOMING CBR 9/2013
Old 07-30-2011, 10:05 PM   #7
itradehilton
Mouseketeer

Looking forward to a new GF review. My DS has Celiac and had the best time eating at Disney. My partial review is linked in my signature.

me DH: DS #1 DS #2
itradehilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:29 PM   #8
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

subbing - I have an intolerence to wheat but nothing as serious as celiac's. Just bloats me like mad when I eat bread and pasta more than once a day. Interested to see how you cope :

chocolateMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:48 PM   #9
jcano
Mouseketeer

We've been there gf once before. It was a "Silly yak" Mom's dream come true! My conversation with the waiter at Tony's is why I LOVE Disney vacations.

"And what would the young princess like?"
"Well...she has Celiac disease and has to eat gluten-free, so what can she HAVE?"
"Well, what would she LIKE?"
"What can she HAVE?"
"M'aam, we have pretty much the entire menu gluten-free, so what would she LIKE?"
"Oh."
The only vacation that we have been on in 3 years that I wasn't totally stressed out about where we were going to eat! Headed back in December, and the dining ressies are already made!

1993 Off-site, 2002 Off-site, 2007 ASMo, 2008 POP, 12/2011 POFQ, beginning to plan for November 2014
jcano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:48 AM   #10
mousehouseguest
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingdisneydreamer View Post
I can't wait to read your reviews! Two of my family members have celiac, so your reviews should be very helpful to us!
Thanks for reading, hopefully I can pass along some good information!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLovesDisney View Post
I was just diagnosed with Celiacs. I have eaten many ways at Disney, just never gluten free. I'm going after you, so I'm looking forward to your reviews!
Thanks for Stopping in! Hopefully this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buntington View Post
No experience with celiac disease, but I'll be interested in seeing your reviews because DH is trying to stay away from wheat (not very successfully, I might add). And...we'll be staying at Disney from August 9th to the 15th! I wonder if we'll be at some of the same restaurants...
So cool, we will totally be there the same time. Wheat is definitely hard to avoid...it sneaks into so many things. Hopefully Disney will have good options that will make it easier on your DH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebon23 View Post
If you could post your plans of what places you are thinking of trying, then we could ask more about those experiences. I would hate to ask you about experiences if you won't even be going there. This may help all of us with what questions we may ask you. Thanks for offering and it will be great to hear because we are going 7 days after you get back. I would really appreciate hearing your input!!
We are doing 3 nights (2 park days) at WDW on the QSDP so no TS restaurants for us this time around since we will be on the cruise with a sit down meal each night. But We will be at all 4 parks so hopefully I will get in some good quick service and snack options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itradehilton View Post
Looking forward to a new GF review. My DS has Celiac and had the best time eating at Disney. My partial review is linked in my signature.
Thanks for reading! I can't wait to check out your review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateMinnie View Post
subbing - I have an intolerence to wheat but nothing as serious as celiac's. Just bloats me like mad when I eat bread and pasta more than once a day. Interested to see how you cope :
Thanks for reading! From what everyone has said it seems like I am in for a treat at Disney! I can't wait to let you know how it goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcano View Post
We've been there gf once before. It was a "Silly yak" Mom's dream come true! My conversation with the waiter at Tony's is why I LOVE Disney vacations.

"And what would the young princess like?"
"Well...she has Celiac disease and has to eat gluten-free, so what can she HAVE?"
"Well, what would she LIKE?"
"What can she HAVE?"
"M'aam, we have pretty much the entire menu gluten-free, so what would she LIKE?"
"Oh."
The only vacation that we have been on in 3 years that I wasn't totally stressed out about where we were going to eat! Headed back in December, and the dining ressies are already made!
THIS is why I love Disney, for someone with celiac those words are MAGIC especially when you know that it has been carefully prepared and truly is gluten-free. Peace of mind and great food?! I can't wait for this vacation to start! Thanks for reading!
mousehouseguest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:07 AM   #11
davebon23
Mouseketeer

Mousehouse, look forward to hearing what counter service you try then, and how good the food is. Thanks for giving us the heads up and we are looking forward to hearing about your experience.

Have a great trip! You are lucky to be doing the cruise and Disney on land. One of these days we'll get to do both hopefully
Old 08-11-2011, 09:30 PM   #12
primrosea
Mouseketeer

Excited to read this!

I am so excited to read the reviews from your trip. As a pretty new gluten free family we are eager to get as much information as we can for our next trip. Have an amazing vacation!!!
primrosea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:37 PM   #13
GoofyforDisney3
DIS Veteran

I'm interested in your experiences and look forward to reading about them. I don't have any type of wheat allergy or celiacs; but, right now my doctor has me on a no grain or root vegetable diet for insulin resistance and I'm doing my best to avoid a lot of the same foods. I Thank GOD! I only need to avoid it and I won't get sick if I do eat some wheat or gluten and it really has given me is a HUGE appreciation for someone that can not eat wheat or gluten because they will be sick.

Hope you are enjoying your trip and I can't wait to read your report!

GoofyforDisney3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:51 PM   #14
spacepixie2
Mouseketeer

Also looking forward to your reviews as we have 2 of us that are GF
spacepixie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:58 AM   #15
MinnieM21
I've been to Disneyland a billion times but I don't even know what WDW looks like! (psst...there are tons of pictures of WDW on the Internet!)
Loves to ride Bud Light with her mom

I'm looking forward to your reviews!
MinnieM21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: