Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2011, 05:28 AM   #46
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

I am sorry to hear you were disappointed in the Yachtsman ... it was easily our favorite meal of the trip. Funny though, we didn't find it loud at all (Flying Fish had the honor of our loudest signature) so it must just depend on the make up of the diners.

DH had the same steak as you and also didn't completely love the sauce but he liked the steak itself so much that it didn't matter.

Good for you on trying the escargot! I don't think I can get over the "mind over matter" part!

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:01 PM   #47
heatherandnick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
I am sorry to hear you were disappointed in the Yachtsman ... it was easily our favorite meal of the trip. Funny though, we didn't find it loud at all (Flying Fish had the honor of our loudest signature) so it must just depend on the make up of the diners.

DH had the same steak as you and also didn't completely love the sauce but he liked the steak itself so much that it didn't matter.

Good for you on trying the escargot! I don't think I can get over the "mind over matter" part!
It is funny how different people have different experiences. I guess it's all just when you go and what your expectations are.
heatherandnick is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2011, 10:14 PM   #48
Merida
DIS Veteran

Subbing in!

I really want to try that boar appetizer at Jiko, it seems as though most people really love it! I must say I'm really jealous of all your sub places where you live - I can't find a good sandwich place that I really love here in Colorado (compared to where I grew up in Pennsylvania).

And I'm quite in awe of your decision to try escargot! I'm definitely not that brave. Dogfish is such a cool company. We watch Brew Masters every once in a while and it's neat to see what specialty beers they come up with.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:57 AM   #49
heatherandnick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
Dogfish is such a cool company. We watch Brew Masters every once in a while and it's neat to see what specialty beers they come up with.
The pumpkin ale that's out now is DH's favorite!

Thanks for reading!
Old 09-23-2011, 12:39 PM   #50
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Great reviews so far! And good job on trying the escargot - when DH and I were on a cruise he tried it, and I had a bite - like you, the idea repulsed me but I found that it actually tasted pretty good! It still seemed weird though.
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:46 PM   #51
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary and enjoying your reviews!

Would definitely like to take a sans-kids trip at some point and hit up the signatures.

We haven't been to Jiko but it looks like something we would like.

Next trip the only signature we are doing is Cali Grille

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:14 PM   #52
DLo
DIS Veteran

Just joining in. Enjoying your reviews. Congrats on your anniversary. Looking forward to the rest of the reviews and pics.
Oct 2006 - WL Nov 2007 - GF Nov 2008 - Poly
Oct 2009 - BC Oct 2010 - BWI Oct 2011 YC May 2014 YC
DLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:40 PM   #53
heatherandnick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
Great reviews so far! And good job on trying the escargot - when DH and I were on a cruise he tried it, and I had a bite - like you, the idea repulsed me but I found that it actually tasted pretty good! It still seemed weird though.
Thanks! And, yes, it seemed weird to me, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary and enjoying your reviews!

Would definitely like to take a sans-kids trip at some point and hit up the signatures.

We haven't been to Jiko but it looks like something we would like.

Next trip the only signature we are doing is Cali Grille
The signatures are one of our favorite parts of D-World. Jiko is definitely one of my must-dos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLo View Post
Just joining in. Enjoying your reviews. Congrats on your anniversary. Looking forward to the rest of the reviews and pics.
Thanks for reading!
Old 09-23-2011, 05:19 PM   #54
archdandy
DIS Veteran

Congrats on getting married! Your reviews are great so far. I especially liked the Yachtsman as we were thinking of adding that to our list of restaurants to try next trip. My DH complained last time we went to Disney that he didnt get a steak the whole trip The peppercorn steak looks fantastic and you have made me want to go there even more.

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
archdandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:46 AM   #55
cbg1027
I knew I had converted him when he started pointing out hidden Mickeys to me!

Hello, I'm a little late, but joining in now!

I totally agree with you DH about the Wild Boar App at Jiko - it's amazing!!!!

Yachtsman looks pretty good...I will be trying it for the first time in about a month. Sorry it wasn't stellar for you..seems to get mixed reviews.
cbg1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:27 PM   #56
heatherandnick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post
Congrats on getting married! Your reviews are great so far. I especially liked the Yachtsman as we were thinking of adding that to our list of restaurants to try next trip. My DH complained last time we went to Disney that he didnt get a steak the whole trip The peppercorn steak looks fantastic and you have made me want to go there even more.
Thank you! And thanks for reading. I am definitely glad we ate at Yachtsman this time. I hope to go back again in the future. My DH and your DH sound like two peas in a pod!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbg1027 View Post
Hello, I'm a little late, but joining in now!

I totally agree with you DH about the Wild Boar App at Jiko - it's amazing!!!!

Yachtsman looks pretty good...I will be trying it for the first time in about a month. Sorry it wasn't stellar for you..seems to get mixed reviews.
I agree with you that Yachtsman seems to get mixed reviews. I try to remember that everyone has different tastes, but it is hard to overlook what people say about a particular restaurant or dish. I hope you enjoy it! We definitely are glad we went and hope to return someday.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:03 PM   #57
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

Your reviews are wonderful so far! Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to hear more!

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
DsnyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:32 AM   #58
heatherandnick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsnyMama View Post
Your reviews are wonderful so far! Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to hear more!
Thanks for reading! I feel like I am reliving my trip with each review...kinda helps get over the post-trip blues.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:26 AM   #59
lobsterkmd
Mouseketeer

Great reviews!! I just found this thread- and am definitely subscribing! Can't wait for more yummy reviews
Old 09-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #60
DisneyDivaN
Earning My Ears

Subbing!! Congrats on your anniversary, we are at almost 3 years and going to The World to celebrate in November. Love all of you reviews so far, we love Jiko and have had Michelle as a server twice, once on our honeymoon and last Christmas with extended family, she was wonderful both times. Like you said attentive with out being to pesky.

Haven't been back to Yachtsman for a while and am always on the fence about going back..

Can't wait to read more reviews!!

Dec 2010 Family Reunion Trip CBR Nov 2011 CBR 35th Birthday/3rd Anniv. Celebration
March 2012 CBR Couples Getaway

Jan 2013 CBR Winter Getaway, Sept 2013 CBR 5 Yr Anniversary Bonanza!!
Sept 2014 POR Bday/Anniversary Celebration
DisneyDivaN is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: