Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #1
DW2010
DIS Veteran

Just some quick reviews!

First of all, we are not picky eaters or foodies. After this trip, we felt Disney restaurants are extremely high priced and that the food quality is just not worth it for the most part. We paid OOP.

'Ohana-We had a very good dinner here in celebration of my DD's 6th birthday. I had noted it on our reservation and cousin Ed had the entire restaurant sing happy birthday to her. It was totally unexpected and the only time a restaurant did anything for her. Everything was good except the steak was a bit chewy. We didn't get any shrimp. I especially loved the pot stickers, chicken and bread pudding. This meal was free as I used our $200 gift card for opening a Disney Visa!

The Wave-This was a last of the minute reservation, and we really enjoyed it. Dh and I got the buffet and it was all fresh and had a nice variety. It wasn't a huge buffet but had all you'd really need for breakfast! This was also free.

Yak and Yeti-We did not have a reservation but stopped by to see if we could get in for lunch and waited less than 5 minutes for a really nice window seat upstairs. Dh and I shared the sweet and sour chicken and jasmin rice. It was just okay. There was just too much sauce and only 4 pieces of chicken and Dh commented that it tasted like a frozen dinner entree. DD had the burger and enjoyed it. I had the fried wontons for desert since Dh and DD would not share them with me, and they were good. Our bill was around $73, and Dh regretted it so much!

Boma-We had breakfast at Boma at the last minute and absolutely loved it. The buffet had a nice variety and was huge! We had the french press coffee and loved it. DD had no trouble finding items to eat. We left about $4 more of a tip than 20% because our server was so nice. He had DD go with him to the register to swipe our CC card to pay for the meal. She just loved it!

Via Napoli-I was really looking forward to this place. Dh and I were supposed to go there in 2010 but decided not to. We were underwhelmed! I had the prosciutto e melone and neither of us cared for it. Dh had the pepperoni, and it was good. DD loved her cheese pizza. All in all, I didn't think it warranted $73. I really wish that we would have gotten a large pepperoni pizza instead and split it between the 3 of us.

Kona Cafe-Dh had the Tonga Toast, and he wasn't really a fan. It was just too much sugar for him. And he LOVES bananas. He split it with me, and I really liked it but no way could I eat the whole thing by myself. I had the Big Kahuna and mostly enjoyed it. I absolutely loved the pancakes that came with it. However, the eggs were really runny. I didn't eat the sausage that comes with it because DD said it wasn't good. DD had the french toast and didn't eat much of it but she hasn't had much of an appetite lately. Considering the fact that we can eat for under $20 at our favorite breakfast place at home, we were pretty disappointed. This meal was $60. I'm still in shock.

AoA Landscape of Flavors-I had the Caprese sandwich and thought it was very good. The chips it comes with, however, were way too salty. I also had a pepperoni pizza that reminded Dh and myself of pizza hut pizza. It wasn't bad but not really great. DD ate half of her cheese pizza but preferred Via Napoli's pizza. DD and I also split a burger and fries one night and both were good.

Last edited by DW2010; 10-07-2012 at 07:19 PM.
DW2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #2
mullysisters
Mouseketeer

Thanks

I enjoyed your quick review. I agree with you about the prices of food at Disney. My nephew just returned and his reports of prices and meal quality surprised me. Not that any of the food is exactly bad but not worth high end restaurant prices. And it is so hit and miss. Some meals are fantastic! BOMA is our favourite. Had two good meals at Yak and Yeti.
I am really looking forward to AoA as I like Indian inspired flavours. I am on the DDP for the first time. I upgraded from free QSP for $16/day, so I shouldn't be able to complain about prices.

May 2014 - AoA solo trip!
Next trip May 6th 2015, CBR First time.
mullysisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:05 PM   #3
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Agreed with you on Disney prices - I expect sticker shock when in WDW, but at some places it's too glaring to be comfortable with. Glad you had good experiences at 'Ohana, The Wave, and Boma.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: