Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2011, 10:12 AM   #61
Surfergirl
I think these are all wonderful ideas
Spending time in Sessions was romantic and peaceful

Our first cruise was with DCL in 1999. We love Disney but have also cruised RCCL and Princess. My husband and I love Princess just as much as DCL. RCCL was OK.
Looking forward to our Disney Magic Med. cruise this summer with our teens (19&17) who love DCL.
We will continue to sail both cruise lines. Would like to try Oceania in the future.
Ruby Princess 2009, Emerald Princess 2010
Emerald Princess Nov.2013
Surfergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:15 AM   #62
DarleneAnne
Mouseketeer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by edk35 View Post
I have always heard that Disney are the absolute best cruises. I know I LOVE DISNEY. We are DVC members and you can tell my signature we are obsessed with WDW and yet we have never cruised on a Disney ship or any ship for that matter. I am just curious if others on here ONLY cruise Disney or do you do others too?? THANKS
We cruised on Holland America 2 times. Great service, nice ship but the second cruise did not have enough kids onboard so very boring for our kids and wouldn't you know that in port in St. Marten we were docked next to a Disney ship. So we decided to try the DCL knowing there would be plenty of fun. We went on our cruise in the W. Caribbean last March on the Magic and we loved it. The food was great and they are very accomodating for dietary needs. Service was wonderful, the cabins with Verandahs were a bit smaller than Holland's so we did adjoining verandah rooms and then had 2 bathrooms, very worth it since we have 2 teen daughters. Anyway, it was great for all ages. As adults we had areas to ourselves and there is plenty for kids both younger and older. We will probably stay with DCL from now on. We are DVC members, but will probbaly not use our points to pay for a Disney Cruise. We are cruising on The Magic again this July/Aug in the Med. We are very excited, we have wanted to do a Med cruise and after our trip on The Magic we know we are in for a great time. I would suggest starting with the Caribbean, they have several itineraries and lengths of trips, this way you can stop at Castaway Cay too. You can try looking into Small World Vacations, you can visit them on-line, very helpful last time, we used Costco's Travel agency this time because they had better incentives. Disney doesn't seem to discount their cruises but the agencies can often give you good onboard credits per cabin and in Costco's case they will give us Costco gift cards after the cruise that total $600, $300 per cabin and we have 2. So shop around. Also, if you don't already subscibe get on the Mousesavers monthly newsletter. They often announce deals and tips on all things Disney anyway.
Also, think about where you want to be located on the ship and what your budget is. All food is included, not acoholic beverages. Most activities onboard would be included, there may be some special activities that require extra money. On-shore activities will cost extra, you should read the reviews of activities you may be interested in. The ports listed on the itineraries will give you activities available to be booked through DCL, these are not Disney run activities necessarily. We did a jeep tour in Cozumel that we booked through Disney, but it was run by an outside source, it was lots of fun. I think Disney is probably very careful about who they recommend. However, I have heard there are some excursions not worth doing by checking into reviews. Hope that helped.
SSR "11", Dis Magic in the Med. "11"
BLT "11" , BLT, AK, BC "12", Dis Dream "13"
DarleneAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2011, 10:24 AM   #63
edk35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
Last week I booked a Royal Caribbean cruise, and last night I booked a Princess cruise. Those plus HAL this summer will get me through the next 15 months.
WOW you like to cruise.

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
edk35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:38 AM   #64
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by edk35 View Post
WOW you like to cruise.
I love to travel - whether by land or sea!
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:03 PM   #65
RedSox68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
I love to travel - whether by land or sea!
If I could make a living at it, I would We're doing three cruises in the next 15 months and one huge road trip this summer. My house may be falling apart (joke), but I have lots of memories!

Nov. 2000 -- Disney Wonder -- 4-night Bahama
Nov. 2002 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
Aug. 2004 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
Aug. 2005 -- Disney Magic -- 14-night Panama Canal
Aug. 2006 -- Disney Wonder -- 10 night Southern Caribbean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic -- 10-night Mediterranean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic -- 14-night Transatlantic
Aug. 2008 -- NCL Pride of America -- 7-night Hawaiian & Vow Renewal
Oct. 2009 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
July 2010 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days covering the West
May 2011 -- Disney Dream -- 4-night Bahama
June 2011 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days finishing the West and South!
May 2012 -- HAL Zaandam -- 7-night Alaska cruise/12 night cruisetour (thus completing our 50th state!)
August 2013 -- Carnival Glory -- 4-night NYC to St John, NB
Sept 2013 -- HAL Eurodam -- 10-night Colors of Canada/NE Cruise from Quebec to NYC
Dec. 2014 -- Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern with San Juan port (our platinum cruise & 4th Disney ship!)
August 2015 -- Royal Princess -- 12-night British Isles Cruise R/T from Southampton
RedSox68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:14 PM   #66
FrenchSnowWhite
DIS Veteran

Our first cruise was a Disney cruise on the Magic, we got hooked
But Disney is much more expensive, so we tried other lines like Carnival, RCCL, NCL and Princess.

We are coming back to DCL in March 2012 but with our kids this time and we cannot wait for those 13 monts to go by

FrenchSnowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:47 PM   #67
edk35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSnowWhite View Post
Our first cruise was a Disney cruise on the Magic, we got hooked
But Disney is much more expensive, so we tried other lines like Carnival, RCCL, NCL and Princess.

We are coming back to DCL in March 2012 but with our kids this time and we cannot wait for those 13 monts to go by
Oh I did a little bit of looking at other websites for other cruises but to be honest if I am going to go on a cruise, I am going to SPEND the bucks to do it with Disney. We spend boo coo bucks at Disney/DVC every year.... so it just has to be DISNEY.

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
edk35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:45 PM   #68
VowRenewal13
Mouseketeer

My first cruise was on the Dream last year with our children and grandchildren. This year just DH and I cruised on the Wonder to Alaska. I didn't know if he would like Disney without the grandkids, but he loved it and we booked another family vacation next July on the Dream. Two weeks ago, while at work, I was looking at cruises online and called DH and asked him if he would be interested in going on another cruise in November. He asked if it was with Disney and I said yes. So in 26 days we will be cruising on Disney again and will cruise on DCL again with and without the grandkids. Love the Mouse!!
VowRenewal13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:06 PM   #69
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

First cruise.
And second, third fourth and once the 2014 are out, fifth as well.

Why mess with anything if you else if you love what you've got?
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:16 PM   #70
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

We only cruise Disney. Planned our wedding date around being able to sail on the Wonder out of Los Angeles. Now with two kids and no more sailings out of LA after December we can't afford to cruise anymore and don't want any other line.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:35 PM   #71
jlmarr
You got that right

First cruise was Disney and we loved it but figured we should try other lines to see how they rate. We've done one each on NCL, Royal Caribbean, and Princess, and they all had good points. Then we heard about the Pixar Cruises out of LA and thought we'd try DCL again - it was our favorite of all the cruises. Can't wait to go again with grandkids. I wouldn't rule out one of the other lines depending on itinerary and pricing, but DCL is definitely our favorite.
jlmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:35 PM   #72
Niebz
DIS Veteran

Our first cruise was on the Wonder, then the Dream and now we're booking a cruise on the Fantasy. We cruise because we love Disney and we cruise for the ship over the itinerary. The ports don't really matter to us. I can't see us taking a cruise on any other line because all the Disney details are what we really love about cruising - Disney broadway shows, pirate party, Disney characters, Castaway Cay, disney music playing, the theming and decor of the ships, Disney shopping, Disney themed restaurants, kids clubs etc. We were huge WDW and Disneyland fans first so trying DCL came from that and we found we love it just as much. Even when we do an adults only cruise (someday soon I hope) we'll still chose DCL because that's the experience and feeling we love.
Niebz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:38 PM   #73
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edk35
I am just curious if others on here ONLY cruise Disney?? THANKS
Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:56 PM   #74
ScottakaMickey
Mouseketeer

First Cruise was Holland America, followed by RCCL. We did Disney on the Wonder and it was good. Our preferred line is RCCL, however this year we will do 3 DCL(Fantasy and Dream twice) cruises as the FL Resident rats are hard to pass up, so DCL has actually been less expensive.

ScottakaMickey
ScottakaMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:56 PM   #75
luvdamouse91
DIS Veteran

Yes, Yes, and Yes! We liked HAL better than RCCL. We love DCL.

DCL (Wonder): 1/2000 (Bahamas), WBPC 5/2015
DCL (Magic): 1/2003 (E), 12/2007 (W),5/2009 (W),9/2010 (WBTA), 9/2012 (NY-CAN),11/2013, WBTA 2014
DCL (Dream): 5/2011 (B2B), 12/2011, 11/2014
DCL (Fantasy): 12/2012 (W)
HAL (DVC/Alaska/Zuiderdam): 5/2004
RCL (Serenade): 10/2011
luvdamouse91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: