DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-25-2011, 07:35 AM   #61
mjc2003
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 1,227

You two have nothing to worry about--I made an offer on Tuesday morning, it was accepted that day, I got the contract Wed. We signed and faxed it back with deposit (CC form). The seller signed, we were notified late yesterday that the contract was sent to ROFR.

So we are good as far as the 3/20 date goes. My point is, if you got the contract back with your deposit it should be a matter of just having the seller sign (they have either 5 or 7 days, no more), and then you're in.

My concern is, once our of ROFR, when I can I make a reservation? I'm getting many different answers. Sue--we are looking to go to BCV that same week, but I'm pretty sure we'll have to in the system by 4/10 or 4/11 to be outside the 7 month window to get a 2 BR at BCV.
mjc2003 is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 07:50 AM   #62
Sandisw
Moderator
 
Sandisw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 9,653
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc2003 View Post
You two have nothing to worry about--I made an offer on Tuesday morning, it was accepted that day, I got the contract Wed. We signed and faxed it back with deposit (CC form). The seller signed, we were notified late yesterday that the contract was sent to ROFR.

So we are good as far as the 3/20 date goes. My point is, if you got the contract back with your deposit it should be a matter of just having the seller sign (they have either 5 or 7 days, no more), and then you're in.

My concern is, once our of ROFR, when I can I make a reservation? I'm getting many different answers. Sue--we are looking to go to BCV that same week, but I'm pretty sure we'll have to in the system by 4/10 or 4/11 to be outside the 7 month window to get a 2 BR at BCV.
I would count on being in the system 1 to 2 weeks after you officially close the contract. Given the high number of contracts that seem to being sold, I think ROFR will take close to the 30 days and then I would think it will take Disney a bit longer to get people in to the system because of the volume.

Good luck and here is it goes fast!!
__________________
Sandi



Sandisw is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-25-2011, 07:59 AM   #63
CMOORE185
HH 240 Points, SSR 260 Points
 
CMOORE185's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bartlett, Illinois
Posts: 1,072

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandisw View Post
I would count on being in the system 1 to 2 weeks after you officially close the contract. Given the high number of contracts that seem to being sold, I think ROFR will take close to the 30 days and then I would think it will take Disney a bit longer to get people in to the system because of the volume.

Good luck and here is it goes fast!!
When we bought a resale contract about 2 years ago I inquired on why it was taking so long for our points to get in the system after closing. The answer was that there was only ONE person who entered this data and she was on vacation! I could not believe it.
__________________
CMOORE185 is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 08:24 AM   #64
heynowirv
DIS Veteran
 
heynowirv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cheltenham, Pa.
Posts: 765

That might've been true 2 years ago,but i would think with the volume of contracts that are flying into Disney right now they'd have a team of people on it. Good Luck to us all
heynowirv is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 10:04 AM   #65
Dawn16
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 254

Our contract was sent for ROFR today. BWV 150 pts. June UY. No 2011 pts. $56/pp. We are members. I blame you people for my case of addonitis. This 'buy before 3/20 frenzy' sucked me in
Dawn16 is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 10:51 AM   #66
ORD2KOA
DIS Veteran
 
ORD2KOA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Florida, by way of Illinois & Hawaii
Posts: 938

Quote:
Originally Posted by suebeelin View Post

ORD2KOA -- How long did it take to get to the ROFR process after you faxed in your portion of the signed contract?!?!
We signed on the 23rd and TSS submitted it for us on the 24th. Our buyer made his escrow deposit with a credit card, so that speeded up the process of getting the contract over to DVC.

Have a great weekend. Good luck everyone!

Nancy
__________________
__________________
Aloha from Nancy, who misses Kona like crazy!!!

"It's only an island if you look at it from the water."
Chief Brody, Jaws.

DVC Members since 1994.
ORD2KOA is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 11:00 AM   #67
lowe@massed.net
I live for Disney vacations!
 
lowe@massed.net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Central MA, SSR, BCV
Posts: 365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn16 View Post
Our contract was sent for ROFR today. BWV 150 pts. June UY. No 2011 pts. $56/pp. We are members. I blame you people for my case of addonitis. This 'buy before 3/20 frenzy' sucked me in
Great price, fellow Massachusetts-er! Which resale company did you use? I'm in the process of negotiating an similar contract through TSS.
__________________
kay-lo
1992, '94, '96 Poly, 1999 BWI, 2001 BC, 2003 BCV, 2004 BWV Solo, 2005 BWV, 2/2006 BCV, 12/2006 OKW, 12/2007 1st trip to DLR, 4/2008 BCV, 6/2008 DLR , 1/2009 SSR, 4/2009 DGC, 12/2009 BWV, 11/2010 SSR , 12/2011 BWV, 3/2012 HHI, 6/2012 VGC, 11/2012 BWV, 4/2013 AKV & SSR, 12/2013 VWL, 4/2014 BCV

lowe@massed.net is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 11:22 AM   #68
Dawn16
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowe@massed.net View Post
Great price, fellow Massachusetts-er! Which resale company did you use? I'm in the process of negotiating an similar contract through TSS.

Thanks, let's hope it passes! I'd seen another 150 BWV June UY in this thread that had passed for a few dollars less and their contract was loaded. So, hopefully we'll be o.k. We went through Garden Views Realty as they happened to have what we were looking for. This is the second time we've used them with good results. Also, this was a negotiated price so if you see a contract you want, call and offer what you think is fair based on recent sales that passed ROFR. Good luck!
Dawn16 is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 11:51 AM   #69
laura-k
Mouseketeer
 
laura-k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 361

Got word on the Feb. 21st -It was submitted on Jan.24th -
320 points coming on 2/1/11 (160 + 160 banked points from 2010, banked points need to be used by 2/1/12) and 160 points coming on 2/1/12. Priced at $95 per point. Buyer pays closing and MF
Received closing Docs Feb. 24th signed and paid for -just waiting ....
__________________
Laura

laura-k is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 12:28 PM   #70
lowe@massed.net
I live for Disney vacations!
 
lowe@massed.net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Central MA, SSR, BCV
Posts: 365

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura-k View Post
Got word on the Feb. 21st -It was submitted on Jan.24th -
320 points coming on 2/1/11 (160 + 160 banked points from 2010, banked points need to be used by 2/1/12) and 160 points coming on 2/1/12. Priced at $95 per point. Buyer pays closing and MF
Received closing Docs Feb. 24th signed and paid for -just waiting ....
Which resort, laura?
__________________
kay-lo
1992, '94, '96 Poly, 1999 BWI, 2001 BC, 2003 BCV, 2004 BWV Solo, 2005 BWV, 2/2006 BCV, 12/2006 OKW, 12/2007 1st trip to DLR, 4/2008 BCV, 6/2008 DLR , 1/2009 SSR, 4/2009 DGC, 12/2009 BWV, 11/2010 SSR , 12/2011 BWV, 3/2012 HHI, 6/2012 VGC, 11/2012 BWV, 4/2013 AKV & SSR, 12/2013 VWL, 4/2014 BCV

lowe@massed.net is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 02:22 PM   #71
quinnc19
DIS Veteran
 
quinnc19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SC
Posts: 649

I just got a call from Sharon at Fidelity that I passed ROFR - 150 HHI points, Dec UY, $46/pt, all 2010 and 2011 pts, seller pays dues and buyer pays closing costs. Submitted 1/28, passed 2/24. Unfortunately, she said it will be another 45 days until closing!
__________________
(me) (DD)

Last edited by quinnc19; 02-26-2011 at 10:15 AM. Reason: added UY
quinnc19 is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 02:26 PM   #72
mjc2003
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 1,227

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinnc19 View Post
I just got a call from Sharon at Fidelity that I passed ROFR - 150 HHI points, $46/pt, all 2010 and 2011 pts, seller pays dues and buyer pays closing costs. Submitted 1/28, passed 2/24. Unfortunately, she said it will be another 45 days until closing!
I am working with them as well, and was quite upset when they told me it would take 30-45 days after ROFR. Is this normal? Did you know this would be the case?
I am worried b/c I have points I have to use, and by the time I close the booking window will be tight.
mjc2003 is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 02:32 PM   #73
FindingFigment
Mouseketeer
 
FindingFigment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 393

I am working with them as well. Why would it take that long to close? I know sometime a particular seller will have a reservation and they can't close until after then. But if two of you are having the same issue, I'm curious what that's about.
FindingFigment is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 03:24 PM   #74
FindingFigment
Mouseketeer
 
FindingFigment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 393

Ok, I just talked to Sharon. She said that she and Rachel always say it's 30 days for ROFR and 45 days until the closing statement gets sent out. But they're not talking about 45 days AFTER ROFR. It's 45 days from when you sign the contract. So, overall, she said the process takes about 60 days total.
FindingFigment is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 03:32 PM   #75
quinnc19
DIS Veteran
 
quinnc19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SC
Posts: 649

Just heard the same thing. Glad to get the clarification as I need to mobilize the funds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingFigment View Post
Ok, I just talked to Sharon. She said that she and Rachel always say it's 30 days for ROFR and 45 days until the closing statement gets sent out. But they're not talking about 45 days AFTER ROFR. It's 45 days from when you sign the contract. So, overall, she said the process takes about 60 days total.
__________________
(me) (DD)
quinnc19 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: