DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 02:37 PM   #46
CDT1968
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISFANSHAN View Post
We submitted on 1/25, and heard on 2/21, so it should be any day for you!!!!!
Thanks for your advice! About 1/2 an hour after posting my question we received the email that we passed! Just waiting for the final paperwork to be sent! Thanks again!
Old 02-23-2011, 05:04 PM   #47
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

We are the sellers and selling VGC 160 points Aug UY $95.00 pp 98 -2010 points, 160 coming in Aug 2011, buyer pays closing and MF. Sent to ROFR on 2/22. Head is still spinning was less then 24 hours after we faxed the agreement it was sold.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2011, 08:23 PM   #48
MoonPet
Earning My Ears

I think it is time for you to add us to the list!

We are purchasing 230 OKW (2042 date) points for a June UY at $57/point. The seller approved the offer on 2/15.
We will get 230 points in June 2011, there are no banked or borrowed points.
The paperwork went to Disney yesterday (2/22).
We (the buyers) will pay closing costs and 2011 dues on all 230 points.

My parents have been OKW members since 1992. I am excited to be a DVC member myself!

Last edited by MoonPet; 02-23-2011 at 08:39 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:30 AM   #49
mjc2003
DIS Veteran

Add us to the list as well:

200 BCV, $84 pp. Seller pays closing costs, buyer pays 2011 MF. 200 points banked from 2010, April UY, so 400 pts available 4/1. We were told last night it would be submitted to ROFR first thing today, so we are assuming the ROFR process starts 2/24. I will notify if we hear otherwise.

We offered $84 when the seller was asking $80. A part of me wants to get this over with, a part of me wants to get ROFR'd b/c I will then buy back after 3/20 and probably get the same thing for less....but you only live once, and we're not the type to wait around.

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2011, 07:38 AM   #50
heynowirv
DIS Veteran

I'm confused ,if they were asking $80 why you offered $84?... Good luck to you and enjoy
Old 02-24-2011, 07:48 AM   #51
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by heynowirv View Post
I'm confused ,if they were asking $80 why you offered $84?... Good luck to you and enjoy
I am going to assume they really wanted the contract and were concerned that $80 would not pass ROFR.

From a seller's standpoint, once you have a buyer, ROFR doesn't affect you since either way your deal is done.

But for a buyer, if the price is too low and Disney steps in, you are back at square 1.

Old 02-24-2011, 07:59 AM   #52
mjc2003
DIS Veteran

Sandi is correct. We have been told, and research seems to show, that anything at BCV below $83ish is getting gobbled up. We opted for $84. Again, we could have stuck with $80 but it would not have gone through most likely and, for reasons I am not yet able to determine, I wanted to buy a fully actionable membership, not one with limited perks.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:38 AM   #53
suebeelin
Earning My Ears

Faxed in contract

Hi everyone! I'm fairly new and love the enthusiasm!

Hoping also to become a DVC member at BWV. Family members already DVC members (BCV and BLT). Faxed in the contract just today. Hope to make a trip in November!!

Question--the broker would not put a provision that the contract has to be in front of Disney for ROFR before March 20th, but they assured us in email that this would not be a problem. Any thoughts?

I'll post the details after the other party signs (don't want to jinx self). One disappointing event to the contract negotiations-- the original listing stated that there were 30 more banked points. The owners had banked some points, then used some 2011 points, but the overall points listed was about 30 less points than had been anticipated/listed on the listing.

Has this happened to anyone? We almost withdrew b/c we had expected what was listed on the listing. Of course, had the sellers banked more points than listed, then we would have been pleasantly surprised (as opposed to disappointed).

The reason we went ahead is b/c the broker we are working with seems to be too busy and we didn't think he/she would continue dealing with us if we withdrew to submit another bid on another contract (they have been difficult or next to impossible to reach)-- so we went with this one. Want to be full members with original rights for at least a decent number of points... if we get ROFRed, guess we'll get stuff much cheaper, so we'll see ?

Last edited by suebeelin; 02-24-2011 at 11:48 AM. Reason: grammer/diction
Old 02-24-2011, 12:07 PM   #54
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by suebeelin View Post
Hi everyone! I'm fairly new and love the enthusiasm!

Hoping also to become a DVC member at BWV. Family members already DVC members (BCV and BLT). Faxed in the contract just today. Hope to make a trip in November!!

Question--the broker would not put a provision that the contract has to be in front of Disney for ROFR before March 20th, but they assured us in email that this would not be a problem. Any thoughts?

I'll post the details after the other party signs (don't want to jinx self). One disappointing event to the contract negotiations-- the original listing stated that there were 30 more banked points. The owners had banked some points, then used some 2011 points, but the overall points listed was about 30 less points than had been anticipated/listed on the listing.

Has this happened to anyone? We almost withdrew b/c we had expected what was listed on the listing. Of course, had the sellers banked more points than listed, then we would have been pleasantly surprised (as opposed to disappointed).

The reason we went ahead is b/c the broker we are working with seems to be too busy and we didn't think he/she would continue dealing with us if we withdrew to submit another bid on another contract (they have been difficult or next to impossible to reach)-- so we went with this one. Want to be full members with original rights for at least a decent number of points... if we get ROFRed, guess we'll get stuff much cheaper, so we'll see ?
Just curious..was this for an AKV 160pt contract? I think we withdrew our offer for the same reason---we found out after the seller accepted our offer that the seller banked points, used borrowed points, etc.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:11 PM   #55
mjc2003
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We just went under contract as well, the seller signed off and we sent in our deposit, and were told it would be sent to Disney for ROFR today. So, if you already have an agreed and signed contract, I don't know why it wouldn't be submitted for ROFR within a matter of days, let alone by the 20th? My understanding is that, after the contracts are agreed and signed and the deposit is received, ROFR is the next step. If you are asking if it will be out of ROFR by 3/20, it will probably be right around there (depending on when they get it), but it doesn't matter as far as the new rules go. It just has to be on their desk by 3/20, and yours should be there with weeks to spare.

I hope I'm giving you the right answer, I'm sure somebody can clarify if I'm missing something? Either way, good luck--we're hoping to make it down in November as well!
Old 02-24-2011, 06:47 PM   #56
ORD2KOA
DIS Veteran

Our contract went to DVC for ROFR today. It amazes me this process can take so long. How hard can it be to check the dollar amount on these contracts?

ord2koa (seller) - 310 OKW - 2057 - (June) $68, 63 banked '09 pts, all '10 pts, all '11 pts, buyer pays closing and mf (sub 2/24)

"It's only an island if you look at it from the water."
Chief Brody, Jaws.

DVC Members since 1994.

Last edited by ORD2KOA; 02-24-2011 at 06:51 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 02-24-2011, 07:14 PM   #57
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

Quote:
One disappointing event to the contract negotiations-- the original listing stated that there were 30 more banked points. The owners had banked some points, then used some 2011 points, but the overall points listed was about 30 less points than had been anticipated/listed on the listing.

Has this happened to anyone?
Yes, that happened to me recently.

The culprit was DVC's automatic waitlist. One of my daughters had a vacation planned, but had to waitlist for an additional night. I was looking at the points -- not to sell, but to see what to bank -- and all of a sudden we had less that I thought. The waitlist -- long forgotten -- had come through.

So that kind of thing can happen, through no malicious intent of the owner/seller.

I personally don't like (and don't use) the waitlist since they went to automatic fulfillment. My personal advice to any seller is to cancel any existing waitlists so that you don't run into this problem.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:20 PM   #58
heynowirv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandisw View Post
I am going to assume they really wanted the contract and were concerned that $80 would not pass ROFR.

From a seller's standpoint, once you have a buyer, ROFR doesn't affect you since either way your deal is done.

But for a buyer, if the price is too low and Disney steps in, you are back at square 1.
Thanx Sandi, that does make sense, i haven't been paying attention to BCV prices,,,, Good Luckon your contract,

Irv
Old 02-24-2011, 10:02 PM   #59
suebeelin
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the responses!

lilpooh108-- It is for BWV, although it looks like not listing the correct number of points is common. I wish that the person forgot they banked points instead of having used more points than listed! Oh well.

mjc2003--I'm just worried the other party won't sign or the broker will be tardy and not submit the contract for ROFR by March 20th. I'm a bit of a worrywart . See you in November if my contract pulls through? We're hoping Nov 8-13!

ORD2KOA -- How long did it take to get to the ROFR process after you faxed in your portion of the signed contract?!?!

JimMIA-- thank you for the explanation . It's just that when I made an offer, it was based on the number of points available, so it's a bitter pill to swallow

Good luck everyone, and keep your fingers crossed for me! I'll let everyone know the stats when everything's all said and done in order to not jinx myself (or if we are ROFR'ed, I'll post so everyone knows it too).

Have a great weekend, y'all!
Old 02-25-2011, 05:52 AM   #60
eljefe45
Earning My Ears

I tried to get the same thing in my contract that I bought with Fidelity. They didn't want to do it basically because they didn't want to alter their contract. I knew that all they had to do was submit to ROFR and so there was plenty of time so I calmed down. Starting next week though, I'd be a little more concerned.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: