DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-29-2012, 07:24 PM   #3541
Msmithmd
DIS Veteran
 
Msmithmd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 566

Taking the leap

Signed (first) contract went to Disney for ROFR today:

VWL October 300 points at $55pp, 150 banked '11 points, all '12 and forward, buyer pays closing and '12 maintenance.

Huge thanks to all of you here who have provided the education that allowed me to make this accepted offer, at half what the identical contract would have currently cost direct from DVC. It's not often in life that a group of people with a shared interest can meet online, and literally save someone sixteen thousand dollars!

And now the wait begins...

Msmithmd is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #3542
MickeyFan612
Mouseketeer
 
MickeyFan612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 392

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmithmd View Post
Signed (first) contract went to Disney for ROFR today:

VWL October 300 points at $55pp, 150 banked '11 points, all '12 and forward, buyer pays closing and '12 maintenance.

Huge thanks to all of you here who have provided the education that allowed me to make this accepted offer, at half what the identical contract would have currently cost direct from DVC. It's not often in life that a group of people with a shared interest can meet online, and literally save someone sixteen thousand dollars!

And now the wait begins...

Nice Contract....congrats on all your savings:0) GL
MickeyFan612 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-29-2012, 11:01 PM   #3543
DougEMG
DIS Veteran
 
DougEMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,605

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmithmd View Post
Signed (first) contract went to Disney for ROFR today:

VWL October 300 points at $55pp, 150 banked '11 points, all '12 and forward, buyer pays closing and '12 maintenance.

Huge thanks to all of you here who have provided the education that allowed me to make this accepted offer, at half what the identical contract would have currently cost direct from DVC. It's not often in life that a group of people with a shared interest can meet online, and literally save someone sixteen thousand dollars!

And now the wait begins...

Good luck with ROFR.

I found this thread to be a great resource when I was looking to buy .
__________________



DougEMG is offline  
Old 08-30-2012, 09:25 AM   #3544
nala1128
Huge Disney Fan!
 
nala1128's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmithmd View Post
Signed (first) contract went to Disney for ROFR today:

VWL October 300 points at $55pp, 150 banked '11 points, all '12 and forward, buyer pays closing and '12 maintenance.

Huge thanks to all of you here who have provided the education that allowed me to make this accepted offer, at half what the identical contract would have currently cost direct from DVC. It's not often in life that a group of people with a shared interest can meet online, and literally save someone sixteen thousand dollars!

And now the wait begins...

That is a sweet deal!!!! We just passed ROFR for VWL... Good luck!!!!
__________________
nala1128 is offline  
Old 08-30-2012, 10:04 AM   #3545
2binak
DVC Owner
 
2binak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,219

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_tlc View Post
Update for 8/28 -- Current data

to lynngirl, lions1995, Poolrat, pathways25, srberubehn, GOOFY D, 2binak, okw2012, gladiola, disneydiva58, glvsav37, belias21, jplusm, nala1128 congratulations on passing ROFR!

2binak – 100 BWV (??), $64, 100 ’11 pts, all ’12 & ’13 pts, buyer pays closing & mf, (sub 7/24, passed 8/21)
Our UY is Sept. I forgot to include that in my post last week.

I just wanted to say thank you so much for keeping this list going. It's such a valuable resource!
__________________


11/90 Offsite, 11/97 PO, 5/99 DL, 1/00 CS, 1/04 PC, 12/05 SSR, 5/07 AKL, 10/08 SSR, 5/09 POFQ, 11/09 AKV Kidani, 11/10 AKV Kidani, 10/11 BWV, 10/12 BWV, 11/13 AKV Kidani, 5/14 BLT, 11/14 SSR
2binak is offline  
Old 08-30-2012, 10:30 PM   #3546
MickeyFan612
Mouseketeer
 
MickeyFan612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 392

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Just sent off for ROFR today 08/30/2012

SSR 160 pts/feb 160 2011, 160 2012 and forward. buyer pays closing seller pays 2012 maint fees. paid 55/pt

For my BCV I'm still waiting for signed contracts...should be any day now so I'll go ahead and include details

BCV 270 pts/Dec 270 2011, 270 2012 and forward. buyer pays closing and seller pays 2012 maint fees. paid 67/pt.
MickeyFan612 is offline  
Old 08-30-2012, 11:03 PM   #3547
cz4ever
Imagineer-in-training
 
cz4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyFan612 View Post
Just sent off for ROFR today 08/30/2012

SSR 160 pts/feb 160 2011, 160 2012 and forward. buyer pays closing seller pays 2012 maint fees. paid 55/pt

For my BCV I'm still waiting for signed contracts...should be any day now so I'll go ahead and include details

BCV 270 pts/Dec 270 2011, 270 2012 and forward. buyer pays closing and seller pays 2012 maint fees. paid 67/pt.
Two excellent deals -- grrrr-atttz! Good luck with ROFR!

Distract-o-rama time:
cz4ever is offline  
Old 08-31-2012, 09:31 PM   #3548
JLitfin
love Disney
 
JLitfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,688

I passed took the full 30 days, today was number 30

VWL, 100 pts, Sept UY, $55 a pt, all 2012 & 2013 pts, buyer pays closing & MFs (passed 8/31/2012)
__________________
JEAN
JLitfin is offline  
Old 08-31-2012, 09:45 PM   #3549
333disneymom
DIS Veteran
 
333disneymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 688

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLitfin
I passed took the full 30 days, today was number 30

VWL, 100 pts, Sept UY, $55 a pt, all 2012 & 2013 pts, buyer pays closing & MFs (passed 8/31/2012)
Congrats! Sounds like a good deal.
__________________
333disneymom is offline  
Old 09-01-2012, 11:16 AM   #3550
DougEMG
DIS Veteran
 
DougEMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,605

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLitfin View Post
I passed took the full 30 days, today was number 30

VWL, 100 pts, Sept UY, $55 a pt, all 2012 & 2013 pts, buyer pays closing & MFs (passed 8/31/2012)
Congratulations.
__________________



DougEMG is offline  
Old 09-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #3551
jara1528
Mouseketeer
 
jara1528's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 189

New BWV members here!!
150 BWV, December UY, 7 2012 points and all points forward, $65/point, buyer pays closing and mf for 7 points. Sent to ROFR Aug 3rd, passed Aug 28th.
We decided a Dec UY would work best for us since we already had it for our AKV contract. Lost out on 2 BCV contract, both were ROFR'd...so, we went for BWV. I like the idea of being able to book standard view with fewer points and since the boys are already 14 and 15 I thought they might enjoy the nightlife of the Boardwalk (as they get a little older, of course!) over the appeal of SAB.

We like to travel over Christmas and my ultimate plan is to be able to bank/borrow so we can have a 2 bedroom at AKL one year and a 1 bedroom at BWV the next.
Only 118 days until this year's trip!!
__________________
jara1528 is offline  
Old 09-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #3552
DougEMG
DIS Veteran
 
DougEMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,605

Quote:
Originally Posted by jara1528 View Post
New BWV members here!!
150 BWV, December UY, 7 2012 points and all points forward, $65/point, buyer pays closing and mf for 7 points. Sent to ROFR Aug 3rd, passed Aug 28th.
We decided a Dec UY would work best for us since we already had it for our AKV contract. Lost out on 2 BCV contract, both were ROFR'd...so, we went for BWV. I like the idea of being able to book standard view with fewer points and since the boys are already 14 and 15 I thought they might enjoy the nightlife of the Boardwalk (as they get a little older, of course!) over the appeal of SAB.

We like to travel over Christmas and my ultimate plan is to be able to bank/borrow so we can have a 2 bedroom at AKL one year and a 1 bedroom at BWV the next.
Only 118 days until this year's trip!!
Hello neighbor. I love booking those standard view rooms at BWV, they are such a good value point wise.
__________________



DougEMG is offline  
Old 09-01-2012, 08:15 PM   #3553
htmlkid
Gold DCL Member / SSR DVC Member
 
htmlkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Posts: 452

Just purchased my first 250 in September 2011 and couldn't resist:

SSR 190 Points $50 June UY
Seller pays closing and 2012 MF
Getting all of 2011 and 2012 etc.

__________________

htmlkid is offline  
Old 09-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #3554
XGrumpy1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 692

Great contract!

Good luck!
XGrumpy1 is offline  
Old 09-01-2012, 10:18 PM   #3555
MickeyFan612
Mouseketeer
 
MickeyFan612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 392

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by jara1528 View Post
New BWV members here!!
150 BWV, December UY, 7 2012 points and all points forward, $65/point, buyer pays closing and mf for 7 points. Sent to ROFR Aug 3rd, passed Aug 28th.
We decided a Dec UY would work best for us since we already had it for our AKV contract. Lost out on 2 BCV contract, both were ROFR'd...so, we went for BWV. I like the idea of being able to book standard view with fewer points and since the boys are already 14 and 15 I thought they might enjoy the nightlife of the Boardwalk (as they get a little older, of course!) over the appeal of SAB.

We like to travel over Christmas and my ultimate plan is to be able to bank/borrow so we can have a 2 bedroom at AKL one year and a 1 bedroom at BWV the next.
Only 118 days until this year's trip!!
Third times a CHARM Glad to hear you finally got some points! Enjoy
MickeyFan612 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: