DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #2926
vwl mom
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorgirl02 View Post
Congrats to both Sharon and Mike on their VWL contracts. I will be joining you guys too as my contract passed today!

Here are my contract details:
VWL 130 Pts Aug UY, $55 per point
Submitted 5/29, Passed 6/26
130 2010 points exp 7/31/12
130 2011 banked points, exp 7/31/13
130 2012 points
Buyer pays closing and MF
I had to come back today to see if you got through, congrats!
vwl mom is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 04:56 PM   #2927
fmer55
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Long Island
Posts: 523

Wanted to post a funny story of something that just happened to me. As many of you know, and for those who don't, i am currently in ROFR with an OKW contract. It has now been 15 days, and at about 4:15 my cell phone rings and it is a 407 area code, so i figure here we go. I answer with the following statement, "UH-OH, this can't be good news", then i hear, "UH, UM, Can i speak to Michael please", i reply "this is michael", "oh hi michael this is so and so from member services and i have a question about your membership". My mind races , what could be the problem and why would MS call me about ROFR. CM then says "I was calling about your waitlist, it says that you waanted to cancel AKV but you already cancelled and are now at BWV. Well your BLT waitlist for NOV 16-19th has come through and i wanted to know if i should cancel BWV".......well of course i canceled and added my waitlist. So i dreaded answering my phone for fear of ROFR and it was actually great news as my Sister is staying at contemporary and that is why i planned the trip at all. Whew, day 15 ends with a bit of excitement but with no word from the bourbon swilling monkey
__________________
Mike(me), DW, DD7, DD4
fmer55 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-27-2012, 05:25 PM   #2928
ELMC
DIS Veteran
 
ELMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,981

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEMG View Post
Now you got me worried, I've got a SSR contract that I was told went in June 1st and I haven't heard anything on it yet.
Doug, I think your contracts have to go through an extra step of ROFR. Good luck with this one!
__________________
ELMC is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 05:27 PM   #2929
ELMC
DIS Veteran
 
ELMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,981

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmer55 View Post
Wanted to post a funny story of something that just happened to me. As many of you know, and for those who don't, i am currently in ROFR with an OKW contract. It has now been 15 days, and at about 4:15 my cell phone rings and it is a 407 area code, so i figure here we go. I answer with the following statement, "UH-OH, this can't be good news", then i hear, "UH, UM, Can i speak to Michael please", i reply "this is michael", "oh hi michael this is so and so from member services and i have a question about your membership". My mind races , what could be the problem and why would MS call me about ROFR. CM then says "I was calling about your waitlist, it says that you waanted to cancel AKV but you already cancelled and are now at BWV. Well your BLT waitlist for NOV 16-19th has come through and i wanted to know if i should cancel BWV".......well of course i canceled and added my waitlist. So i dreaded answering my phone for fear of ROFR and it was actually great news as my Sister is staying at contemporary and that is why i planned the trip at all. Whew, day 15 ends with a bit of excitement but with no word from the bourbon swilling monkey
C'mon Mike. Do you really think that Member Services would call you personally to tell you that they are stealing your contract? Maybe you shouldn't have been so brazen in your teasing of the monkey.
__________________
ELMC is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 05:45 PM   #2930
fmer55
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Long Island
Posts: 523

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
C'mon Mike. Do you really think that Member Services would call you personally to tell you that they are stealing your contract? Maybe you shouldn't have been so brazen in your teasing of the monkey.
BTW, I am going silent until a decision has been made on my contract, i will still read but i am taking a vow of silence until i have news to share
__________________
Mike(me), DW, DD7, DD4
fmer55 is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 05:50 PM   #2931
ELMC
DIS Veteran
 
ELMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,981

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmer55 View Post
BTW, I am going silent until a decision has been made on my contract, i will still read but i am taking a vow of silence until i have news to share
Mike, this is the ultimate wimp out. You were all "Take that, monkey, I fear you not!" Now you're going silent. For shame.
__________________
ELMC is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #2932
DougEMG
DIS Veteran
 
DougEMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,754

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
Do you really think that Member Services would call you personally to tell you that they are stealing your contract?.
Maybe they might give me a call if they steal my SSR contract, I feel like they probably know my name by now.
__________________
DougEMG is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 08:20 PM   #2933
Shazzasmd
Mouseketeer
 
Shazzasmd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 343

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel8600 View Post
Hilarious. I fought tooth and nail for $58PP on my VWL contract down from $72PP anyway, was told my odds were not good to pass rofr. I laugh now hearing $53 and $55PP passed? congratsts you two.

I demand a re-offer lol.

I know this was an earlier post, but just got a decent Internet signal. I hear you, Nigel.

Happy for those who got great deals at VWL.
__________________
Sharon

Last edited by Shazzasmd; 06-28-2012 at 10:46 AM.
Shazzasmd is offline  
Old 06-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #2934
ercrbc
Mouseketeer
 
ercrbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SC
Posts: 470

We sent a contract into Disney today. 300 HHI pts (Dec UY), 119 banked 2010, 4 banked for 2011, 300 2012pts. $45/pt buyer pays closing. We are crossing our fingers that it passes ROFR and that we can use the 2010 pts before they expire!
__________________
2014 June SSR
2013 Jan OKW, June HHI, Sept SSR, Dec WLV/VGF
2012 Jan BWV, April HHI, Oct WLV
2011 June AKV-Kidani
2010 Sept OKW
2009 Sept AKV-Jambo
ercrbc is offline  
Old 06-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #2935
mrsjef
New DVC Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 15

Only on Tuesdays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsh0013 View Post
congrats! we also went on 6/6 but did not hear back yet! darn, another week to wait, hope ours comes back next tuesday
We're in the wait period for ROFR on an SSR 230 (Dec) for $60. (From what I'm reading here now, we should have offered even lower! Oh well...I'll just be happy when we're owners...and at a much better price than buying direct!!) Anyways...I saw this post and am wondering, do they only make the ROFR decisions on Tuesdays? We started the ROFR process on 6/15.
mrsjef is offline  
Old 06-28-2012, 08:35 PM   #2936
marsh0013
i want to drive the zamboni
 
marsh0013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Bergen County, NJ
Posts: 3,020

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsjef View Post
We're in the wait period for ROFR on an SSR 230 (Dec) for $60. (From what I'm reading here now, we should have offered even lower! Oh well...I'll just be happy when we're owners...and at a much better price than buying direct!!) Anyways...I saw this post and am wondering, do they only make the ROFR decisions on Tuesdays? We started the ROFR process on 6/15.
Ever since I started paying attention to it I believe disney has been informing of passing on ROFR on tuesdays. Not sure if they've exercised their right on other days but I'm sure someone whose contract was taken can help with that. Not sure if it's always been tuesdays but it has recently. Hope you hear back soon!
__________________
-marcia

~Yacht Club June 2014~Coronado December 2013~BWV October 2013~BCV April 2013~ASSp, BCV, BWV Oct/Nov 2012~AKV & BWV May 2012~ASSp & BWV October 2011~Pop Century June 2011~BWV & POFQ February 2011~SSR November 2010~Yacht Club CL & BWV May 2010~BWI Club Level October 2009~Swan June 2009~Pop Century March 2009~Pop Century November 2008~Pop Century August 2008~Pop Century Apr/May 2008~Celebration November 2007~Celebration September 2007~POLYNESIAN August 2007~Celebration November 20, 2006~10 or so trips growing up offsite (grandparent's house)~
i love the 50's prime time cafe!

June 2009 BDay Solo Dining Report Mar 2009 Solo Dining Report
Nov 2008 Solo Dining Report Nov 2008 Solo Trip to Pop
Family Trip Dining Report, August 2008 Family Trip to Pop Report, Aug 13-20
Solo Deluxe Dining, Apr/May 2008 Solo Pop Apr 30-May 7 Trip Report
marsh0013 is offline  
Old 06-29-2012, 12:09 PM   #2937
GEOS4DIS
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1

Just wanted to thank all for the valuable info this thread provided. Just passed ROFR, 270 pts BCV, April use, 126 points left for 2012, full points after. $62.50/pt. Submitted 6/1/12, passed on 6/28/12
GEOS4DIS is offline  
Old 06-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #2938
DizBub
Totally Addicted
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Washington, IL
Posts: 2,057

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEOS4DIS View Post
Just wanted to thank all for the valuable info this thread provided. Just passed ROFR, 270 pts BCV, April use, 126 points left for 2012, full points after. $62.50/pt. Submitted 6/1/12, passed on 6/28/12
Congratulations!! Very nice.
DizBub is offline  
Old 06-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #2939
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran
 
dr&momto2boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,564

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEOS4DIS View Post
Just wanted to thank all for the valuable info this thread provided. Just passed ROFR, 270 pts BCV, April use, 126 points left for 2012, full points after. $62.50/pt. Submitted 6/1/12, passed on 6/28/12
Congratulations!
__________________
dr&momto2boys is offline  
Old 06-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #2940
JaimeA
Mouseketeer
 
JaimeA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 382

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsjef View Post
We're in the wait period for ROFR on an SSR 230 (Dec) for $60. (From what I'm reading here now, we should have offered even lower! Oh well...I'll just be happy when we're owners...and at a much better price than buying direct!!) Anyways...I saw this post and am wondering, do they only make the ROFR decisions on Tuesdays? We started the ROFR process on 6/15.
I believe it happens on Tuesdays and Thursdays. At least that is what the pattern looks like, I was notified on a Tuesday that I didn't pass but now have another one in, submitted same day as yours so hopefully we will both hear good news within the next few weeks. The first one I was notified 11 days after that it didn't pass, since I am past that now I am optimistic. Good Luck!!
JaimeA is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: