DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-15-2011, 07:10 AM   #271
lowe@massed.net
I live for Disney vacations!
 
lowe@massed.net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Central MA, SSR, BCV
Posts: 365

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace&philipsmom View Post
We passed! BWV 210 points, October UY, $59/point.
We're waiting on an Oct UY BWV contract to passed ROFR, submitted 3/1. You got a great price!
__________________
kay-lo
1992, '94, '96 Poly, 1999 BWI, 2001 BC, 2003 BCV, 2004 BWV Solo, 2005 BWV, 2/2006 BCV, 12/2006 OKW, 12/2007 1st trip to DLR, 4/2008 BCV, 6/2008 DLR , 1/2009 SSR, 4/2009 DGC, 12/2009 BWV, 11/2010 SSR , 12/2011 BWV, 3/2012 HHI, 6/2012 VGC, 11/2012 BWV, 4/2013 AKV & SSR, 12/2013 VWL, 4/2014 BCV

lowe@massed.net is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 07:12 AM   #272
lowe@massed.net
I live for Disney vacations!
 
lowe@massed.net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Central MA, SSR, BCV
Posts: 365

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDon View Post
Just got the email...
SSR 210pt, Feb UY, 200pt banked 2010, 210 pt 2011 and forward.
$53/pt. Sub 2/14, passed 3/14. Non member. Does it really take another 2 weeks just to get the closing paper works?
Wow, DonDon - nice contract! Welcome home, SSR neighbor!

We closed on 1/10 and yes, it took almost 2 weeks before the points were in our account and we could make our reservation. Hang in there!
__________________
kay-lo
1992, '94, '96 Poly, 1999 BWI, 2001 BC, 2003 BCV, 2004 BWV Solo, 2005 BWV, 2/2006 BCV, 12/2006 OKW, 12/2007 1st trip to DLR, 4/2008 BCV, 6/2008 DLR , 1/2009 SSR, 4/2009 DGC, 12/2009 BWV, 11/2010 SSR , 12/2011 BWV, 3/2012 HHI, 6/2012 VGC, 11/2012 BWV, 4/2013 AKV & SSR, 12/2013 VWL, 4/2014 BCV

lowe@massed.net is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-15-2011, 07:14 AM   #273
lowe@massed.net
I live for Disney vacations!
 
lowe@massed.net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Central MA, SSR, BCV
Posts: 365

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawanku View Post
Got good news...
It passed ROFR.

SSR 200 pts, $52. 200 of 2010 pts, 200 of 2011, 200 of 2012
Buyer pays Closing, split MFs
Welcome to the SSR family, kawanku!
__________________
kay-lo
1992, '94, '96 Poly, 1999 BWI, 2001 BC, 2003 BCV, 2004 BWV Solo, 2005 BWV, 2/2006 BCV, 12/2006 OKW, 12/2007 1st trip to DLR, 4/2008 BCV, 6/2008 DLR , 1/2009 SSR, 4/2009 DGC, 12/2009 BWV, 11/2010 SSR , 12/2011 BWV, 3/2012 HHI, 6/2012 VGC, 11/2012 BWV, 4/2013 AKV & SSR, 12/2013 VWL, 4/2014 BCV

lowe@massed.net is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 07:16 AM   #274
lowe@massed.net
I live for Disney vacations!
 
lowe@massed.net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Central MA, SSR, BCV
Posts: 365

Quote:
Originally Posted by fers31 View Post
Just wanted to let you know we found out today that we passed.


fers31------------- 25 BWV (Aug) $65, 22 "holding" '10 pts & no 11 pts, buyer pays closing (sub 2/18)
Hurray!
__________________
kay-lo
1992, '94, '96 Poly, 1999 BWI, 2001 BC, 2003 BCV, 2004 BWV Solo, 2005 BWV, 2/2006 BCV, 12/2006 OKW, 12/2007 1st trip to DLR, 4/2008 BCV, 6/2008 DLR , 1/2009 SSR, 4/2009 DGC, 12/2009 BWV, 11/2010 SSR , 12/2011 BWV, 3/2012 HHI, 6/2012 VGC, 11/2012 BWV, 4/2013 AKV & SSR, 12/2013 VWL, 4/2014 BCV

lowe@massed.net is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 07:17 AM   #275
lowe@massed.net
I live for Disney vacations!
 
lowe@massed.net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Central MA, SSR, BCV
Posts: 365

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRichard View Post
Thank you!

I'm from MA.

Meet wife in Shrewsbury and own house in Southbridge still.
I knew there was something about you I liked. We're in N. Central MA, near Fitchburg.
__________________
kay-lo
1992, '94, '96 Poly, 1999 BWI, 2001 BC, 2003 BCV, 2004 BWV Solo, 2005 BWV, 2/2006 BCV, 12/2006 OKW, 12/2007 1st trip to DLR, 4/2008 BCV, 6/2008 DLR , 1/2009 SSR, 4/2009 DGC, 12/2009 BWV, 11/2010 SSR , 12/2011 BWV, 3/2012 HHI, 6/2012 VGC, 11/2012 BWV, 4/2013 AKV & SSR, 12/2013 VWL, 4/2014 BCV

lowe@massed.net is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 07:25 AM   #276
VickiVoice
Earning My Ears
 
VickiVoice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 42

Wink Process

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Fan View Post
Quick question...does anyone have the inside scoop on Disney's process? I'm just curious, as if they are rubber stamping most of these, why it is taking 3 - 4 weeks to hear something back. Obviously, it must not be as easy as a quick review and someone signing off.
I have my own theory - my own personal theory - about this. I think Disney approves or exercises ROFR in bulk - once or twice a month and the resale companies stagger the notification to their clients. This streamlines things in their office and I'm sure someone somewhere is making some money on the interest for all of those deposits. I'm not criticizing - they're running a business and they're very up front about the timeline from the beginning. I just don't think there's a roomful of CM's poring over these contracts every day the same way we're poring over the lists of approved contracts and praying that ours is next!
__________________
Oct 1982/Off site - June 1989/Off site

Sept 2006 - 1st trip with MY family - PC - Dec 2007 - Big Family Christmas/NYE - Off Site - March 2009 - Spring Break - ASM - March 2010 - PO - FQ
2011 - OKW OWNERS!
VickiVoice is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 08:12 AM   #277
b-1
Mouseketeer
 
b-1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Posts: 350

Passed!

B-1------------- 150 BWV (JUN) $55, 8 points 2009 expiring may 31, 2011, 150 points banked into 2011, and 150 points for 2011. buyer pays MF for 2011 and closing. (sub feb 10, passed march 14)

this is an add on and we haven't even used our initial purchase yet!!!!
__________________
Up Next
Food and Wine at BWV, Spring Break cruise! and BWV, School's Out! at BWV

Past trips
Mar 13' AKV, Dec '12 BWV, Mar '12 AKV. Jan '12 OKW,AKV. May '11 AKV. Mar '11 GC. Nov '10 FQ. Mar '10 SSR. Dec '09 CSR. Oct '08 POR. Apr '08 CBR. Jan '08 POR. Sep '07 FQ. May'07 BC. Dec '06 FQ. Aug '06 FQ. Jan '06 FQ. Dec '05 FQ. Oct '05 FQ. Feb '05 FQ. Dec '03 POR. Dec '91 (!) CBR.

our family
b-1 is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 08:14 AM   #278
dbs1228
DIS Veteran
 
dbs1228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 2,105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Fan View Post
Quick question...does anyone have the inside scoop on Disney's process? I'm just curious, as if they are rubber stamping most of these, why it is taking 3 - 4 weeks to hear something back. Obviously, it must not be as easy as a quick review and someone signing off.
The other factor is these are legal and binding contracts, DVC has to make sure that what is in the contracts, name, points, UY etc... are accurate or they kick them back to the resale company for proper titling, points etc.... It is not just a matter of nope we do not want it next....
__________________
1995 - 2010 Ft Wilderness Cabins every year! OKW, BLT 2010 & 2011 AKV 2011 THV 2012




dbs1228 is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 08:45 AM   #279
mjc2003
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 1,227

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiVoice View Post
I have my own theory - my own personal theory - about this. I think Disney approves or exercises ROFR in bulk - once or twice a month and the resale companies stagger the notification to their clients. This streamlines things in their office and I'm sure someone somewhere is making some money on the interest for all of those deposits. I'm not criticizing - they're running a business and they're very up front about the timeline from the beginning. I just don't think there's a roomful of CM's poring over these contracts every day the same way we're poring over the lists of approved contracts and praying that ours is next!
I disagree. Disney has said they can and often do take up to 30 days. Since most people find out at the 25-30 day mark, I doubt the resellers are holding back info. I think there is a natural staggering of notifications simply by the nature of when deals are consummated.
This also wouldn't work during a majority of the time when there is not this sort of rush to buy resales. If you go back a few months, and more specifically over the past few years, the resale market has been steady but unspectacular.

I think it's far more likely that the process Disney uses for ROFR is time consuming. They have to assure a clean title and a clear deed, which is out of their hands; in this event they are relying on the municipality for information. Orange County has to do this for them, so I'm sure there is a delay there.
I think the delay is simply the logistics of the process. If you've ever bought or sold real estate of any kind, you'll remember that there are often significant delays over what appears to be trivial issues. We waited an extra four weeks to buy our house b/c of a discrepancy on an easement.

Of course....this is just my theory! And yours might be true, who knows.
mjc2003 is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 09:33 AM   #280
VickiVoice
Earning My Ears
 
VickiVoice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc2003 View Post

Of course....this is just my theory! And yours might be true, who knows.
Oh c'mon - your theory is filled with logic - mine is filled with conspiracy - it's more fun!

We found out we passed on Sunday afternoon. When I called the resale agent on the Friday before, (I couldn't stand it anymore! I just needed to reassured we were close.) She told me that we were right there on the top of the stack of people who would be finding out soon. We would be "getting good news very, very soon." The thought that the ROFR decision-makers were meeting on a Saturday and then passing the information to the resale agent on a Sunday afternoon didn't make sense to me. These folks sure work hard!

I totally appreciate your point that there are a LOT of details that need to be worked out on a deal like this. When so much of it goes on so far away and seems to be fairly easy on our end, it's easy to over-simplify the process. I haven't purchased real estate of any kind for 13 years, and that process was invasive and complicated! (It's always invasive when you're financing!)

I don't like the waiting, but I sure appreciate how relatively easy this has been for us so far. It makes all of these daydreams about what we're going to do on all these vacations all that more fun!
__________________
Oct 1982/Off site - June 1989/Off site

Sept 2006 - 1st trip with MY family - PC - Dec 2007 - Big Family Christmas/NYE - Off Site - March 2009 - Spring Break - ASM - March 2010 - PO - FQ
2011 - OKW OWNERS!
VickiVoice is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 09:39 AM   #281
KingRichard
DIS Veteran
 
KingRichard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,106

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiVoice View Post
Oh c'mon - your theory is filled with logic - mine is filled with conspiracy - it's more fun!

We found out we passed on Sunday afternoon. When I called the resale agent on the Friday before, (I couldn't stand it anymore! I just needed to reassured we were close.) She told me that we were right there on the top of the stack of people who would be finding out soon. We would be "getting good news very, very soon." The thought that the ROFR decision-makers were meeting on a Saturday and then passing the information to the resale agent on a Sunday afternoon didn't make sense to me. These folks sure work hard!

I totally appreciate your point that there are a LOT of details that need to be worked out on a deal like this. When so much of it goes on so far away and seems to be fairly easy on our end, it's easy to over-simplify the process. I haven't purchased real estate of any kind for 13 years, and that process was invasive and complicated! (It's always invasive when you're financing!)

I don't like the waiting, but I sure appreciate how relatively easy this has been for us so far. It makes all of these daydreams about what we're going to do on all these vacations all that more fun!
We are at day 5 and it seems like months!

We just got back from 2 weeks at the world and 4 days on the Dream and that seems like years ago(2 weeks ago)!
__________________


GRAND SLAM COMPLETE! Feb. 11 Dream, April 12 Wonder, Feb. 13 Fantasy, Feb. 14 Magic
KingRichard is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 09:46 AM   #282
VickiVoice
Earning My Ears
 
VickiVoice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 42

Worth it

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRichard View Post
We are at day 5 and it seems like months!

We just got back from 2 weeks at the world and 4 days on the Dream and that seems like years ago(2 weeks ago)!
Good luck!!!

I thought I'd be relieved when we passed (24 days), but when he said that we wouldn't get paperwork for another 12-15 days, it kinda killed my whoopee!

We haven't been since last year's spring break and decided to forgo this year's spring break in exchange for an early summer trip after closing on DVC. Now, when my DDs' friends are there on spring break, I'll be running around getting signatures and notary seals for our closing. Short term pain - long term gain! I know it'll be SO worth the wait!
__________________
Oct 1982/Off site - June 1989/Off site

Sept 2006 - 1st trip with MY family - PC - Dec 2007 - Big Family Christmas/NYE - Off Site - March 2009 - Spring Break - ASM - March 2010 - PO - FQ
2011 - OKW OWNERS!
VickiVoice is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 09:49 AM   #283
mjc2003
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 1,227

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiVoice View Post
I don't like the waiting, but I sure appreciate how relatively easy this has been for us so far. It makes all of these daydreams about what we're going to do on all these vacations all that more fun!
Without the daydreaming, I think I'd have already driven to the DVC offices and demanded an answer....
mjc2003 is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 09:56 AM   #284
mjc2003
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 1,227

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiVoice View Post
We found out we passed on Sunday afternoon. When I called the resale agent on the Friday before, (I couldn't stand it anymore! I just needed to reassured we were close.) She told me that we were right there on the top of the stack of people who would be finding out soon. We would be "getting good news very, very soon." The thought that the ROFR decision-makers were meeting on a Saturday and then passing the information to the resale agent on a Sunday afternoon didn't make sense to me. These folks sure work hard!
Possible that they got a bunch of answers on friday, being the end of the week, and staggered telling people over the weekend so as to stagger the closings. But, I doubt Disney is lumping their responses. More likely there is just a lot of movement right now. I was surprised to see a bunch of people posting on Sunday that they just got word about getting through ROFR, I didn't think my reseller worked on Sunday! I think this is probably a 2 month period that they will never again replicate, and they are probably working endless days....
mjc2003 is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 09:58 AM   #285
DVCconvert
DIS Veteran
 
DVCconvert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: BWV & VB & OKW
Posts: 5,872

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc2003 View Post
Without the daydreaming, I think I'd have already driven to the DVC offices and demanded an answer....

__________________
Dare to do what dreamers do

DVCconvert is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright Š 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: