DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 04:28 PM   #2341
sunshinehighway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
I'll say it again, we are only assuming that price is a motivating factor when Disney decides to buy back a contract. The fact is that nobody that I am aware of has seen a ROFR policy guide from Disney (even if there is one). People have speculated that price is why contracts do or do not make it through ROFR, but really they are just drawing conclusions based on limited and incomplete sets of data. This month alone a $50pp BWV contract closed whereas a $65pp contract got ROFR'd. I would caution people about paying more per point as a form of insurance to pass ROFR. If it makes you feel better, then that's cool, but keep in mind we have no proof that makes any difference whatsoever.
Thanks, I understand. I didn't pay more in the hopes of passing. It was more like I paid a little more because I felt it was the right contract and I wasn't seeing much else out there. If it doesn't pass, I know eventually I'll get one that will.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #2342
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

Just sent off to ROFR today.

250 SSR DEC, 220 point current, 500 points coming on DEC 2012, all future points.

Paid $60/point + buyer pays closing. Seller paid all MF.

Original asking price was $83.27
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2012, 06:02 PM   #2343
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinehighway View Post
Thanks, I understand. I didn't pay more in the hopes of passing. It was more like I paid a little more because I felt it was the right contract and I wasn't seeing much else out there. If it doesn't pass, I know eventually I'll get one that will.
No problem. I'm rereading my post and I'm sorry if it comes across as a bit harsh. It's just that as a buyer right now, I'm sort of looking out for my fellow buyers and what is best for them. Price could very well be a determining factor in what passes and what doesn't...I just wish we had some proof.

That being said, I'm all for paying more for what you want to avoid getting outbid, or rejected, or anything else. So congrats on finding what you want!
Old 04-27-2012, 06:03 PM   #2344
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEMG View Post
Just sent off to ROFR today.

250 SSR DEC, 220 point current, 500 points coming on DEC 2012, all future points.

Paid $60/point + buyer pays closing. Seller paid all MF.

Original asking price was $83.27
Great deal, Doug. Also a nice move distracting Disney by sending them some OKW contracts to occupy them and then trying to slip a SSR by them. Well played!
Old 04-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #2345
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinehighway View Post
I'm hoping the higher price gives me a better shot too. I received so much advice from reading these boards. Honestly, I was originally shooting for a lower price but, I was seeing so few 100 point contracts and they were going so fast. In a way, I'm glad now its a little higher because of what I've been reading.
Quote:
I'll say it again, we are only assuming that price is a motivating factor when Disney decides to buy back a contract. The fact is that nobody that I am aware of has seen a ROFR policy guide from Disney (even if there is one). People have speculated that price is why contracts do or do not make it through ROFR, but really they are just drawing conclusions based on limited and incomplete sets of data. This month alone a $50pp BWV contract closed whereas a $65pp contract got ROFR'd. I would caution people about paying more per point as a form of insurance to pass ROFR. If it makes you feel better, then that's cool, but keep in mind we have no proof that makes any difference whatsoever.
Another factor that could effect ROFR is someone that has put in a request to buy direct from DVC and they did not have the inventory with the specific UY. We inquired about buying direct from DVC for an Aug UY at OKW when the prices were lower last year. The DVC agent told us they did not have any contracts with our desired UY but they would put us on a list for when something came available. It could be that DVC has a waitlist for these specific resorts with a certain UY and that is why those are ROFR'd at a resort and others are not. Just another factor to consider.

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 04-27-2012, 10:36 PM   #2346
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great deal, Doug. Also a nice move distracting Disney by sending them some OKW contracts to occupy them and then trying to slip a SSR by them. Well played!
Lets hope i can sneak my BWV contract through
Old 04-27-2012, 10:37 PM   #2347
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Another factor that could effect ROFR is someone that has put in a request to buy direct from DVC and they did not have the inventory with the specific UY. We inquired about buying direct from DVC for an Aug UY at OKW when the prices were lower last year. The DVC agent told us they did not have any contracts with our desired UY but they would put us on a list for when something came available. It could be that DVC has a waitlist for these specific resorts with a certain UY and that is why those are ROFR'd at a resort and others are not. Just another factor to consider.
Now i know who to blame for losing my Aug OKW contract
Old 04-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #2348
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I guess I forgot to post that we passed ROFR just about 3 weeks after it was sent.

wigdoutdismom------ 200 BCV (Feb) $72, 200 banked '11 pts, all '12 & '13 pts, buyer pays closing, buyer & seller split mf, member, Fidelity

We sent in our funds and documents over two weeks ago and the seller is now doing NOTHING to get this closed.
Anyway, we should have closed a week and a half ago and should have points to use by now.

Very frustrated. This is the first time we have used Fidelity.

Anyone care to comment how their experience with this company has been?
We have had great luck with TSS and DVC by resale.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:21 PM   #2349
Tunseeker1
Mouseketeer

Sorry to hear about the delay. The seller might be backing out.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:36 PM   #2350
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunseeker1 View Post
That's totally not true. Sure there's the small chance they could back out. But most likely is they've just been lazy about getting their stuff notarized and sent back. Or perhaps they've been out of town or something like that. I can never understand when sellers drag their feet... if you've made the choice to sell your contract, don't you want your money?!?!?!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Old 04-28-2012, 04:53 PM   #2351
Tunseeker1
Mouseketeer

Many fidelity properties are distressed and the sellers may not clear enough from the sale to pay their obligations
Old 04-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #2352
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunseeker1 View Post
Do you have any insight into this particular contract or are you just speculating with absolutely no specific knowledge?
Old 04-28-2012, 05:03 PM   #2353
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
This is the first time we have used Fidelity.

To answer your question, I have bought one contract through Fidelity and am currently in the process of closing another with them. I have found their communication to be great. Yes, they may be a few days slower than TTS. But if you call and ask them to follow up with the seller, they will, and they'll let you know what's going on. I would suggest that you try doing this.

Good luck!
Old 04-28-2012, 05:44 PM   #2354
a742246
older than dirt

It's possible that the seller lives out of the country. If that's the case then notarizing isn't as easy as in the states.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #2355
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I guess I forgot to post that we passed ROFR just about 3 weeks after it was sent.

wigdoutdismom------ 200 BCV (Feb) $72, 200 banked '11 pts, all '12 & '13 pts, buyer pays closing, buyer & seller split mf, member, Fidelity

We sent in our funds and documents over two weeks ago and the seller is now doing NOTHING to get this closed.
Anyway, we should have closed a week and a half ago and should have points to use by now.

Very frustrated. This is the first time we have used Fidelity.

We have had great luck with TSS and DVC by resale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a742246 View Post
It's possible that the seller lives out of the country. If that's the case then notarizing isn't as easy as in the states.
Anita, I was wondering if you closed on this. I have used Fidelity both times with NO issues. Both my sellers were in the US so the international angle might be slowing things down.

Hope you get to close soon.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: