DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-20-2012, 12:47 PM   #2266
Indians24
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 109

That's a real bummer, guys I hope you have better luck next time. Permavac, I'll keep my fingers crossed that your BWV passes! I'm shocked both of you heard back so fast. My BWV contract was sent on 3/28 and I haven't gotten any news.
Indians24 is offline  
Old 04-20-2012, 01:33 PM   #2267
Lucia_27
Mouseketeer
 
Lucia_27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 117

Wow! Sorry to hear that these OWK contracts didn't get passed.

So all the theories are out the window now for OWK - UY, who pays closing, who pays fees. high price/pt, low price/pt...

No offense, but I am so glad that my OKW contract made it through. I'd be a wreck now, overthinking my next attempt to buy...
__________________
Me DH DD
Lucia_27 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-20-2012, 02:21 PM   #2268
DougEMG
DIS Veteran
 
DougEMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,686

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucia_27 View Post
No offense, but I am so glad that my OKW contract made it through. I'd be a wreck now, overthinking my next attempt to buy...
I'm glad for you that your contract made it through. I've already got a good number of points and am just looking to add on, so it isn't the end of the world.

One the bright side my broker must like me as I've got them commission on 1,000 points in the last month.
__________________



DougEMG is offline  
Old 04-20-2012, 03:59 PM   #2269
DougEMG
DIS Veteran
 
DougEMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,686

Well this was not my day, just heard that my other OKW contract got ROFR today as well.

270 Sept OKW, $50/point, buyer pays closing and seller pays MF. Had 182 point left in 2011 and 540 points in 2012.

Have I set any record here, 3 OKW contracts lost to ROFR in a month.
__________________



DougEMG is offline  
Old 04-20-2012, 04:22 PM   #2270
DougEMG
DIS Veteran
 
DougEMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,686

Have a new offer accepted and if this one gets ROFR I'm going to

BWV 350 MAR, 700 point for 2012, all points going forward. Buyer pays closing, seller pays MF. Asking price was $64.29 While not the best deal, I've always wanted to own at BWV
__________________



DougEMG is offline  
Old 04-20-2012, 05:26 PM   #2271
princesscinderella
Mouseketeer
 
princesscinderella's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South FLA
Posts: 466

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEMG View Post
Have a new offer accepted and if this one gets ROFR I'm going to

BWV 350 MAR, 700 point for 2012, all points going forward. Buyer pays closing, seller pays MF. Asking price was $64.29 While not the best deal, I've always wanted to own at BWV
Best of luck and welcome to the BWV waiting club. I've got two more weeks to go. I'm happy to see Fidelity got a new supply of BWV contracts listed if mine gets ROFR. You got a juicy one and will have time to use the banked points if it goes through.
__________________
Been at Disney World my whole life!
There at least once a year since 95'.
Disneyland 2001, 2008 & 10/2 - 10/5/2012
Disney Dream cruise on 7/29/2011, 1/26/12, 7/21/13
Disney Fantasy on 7/28/12 and 3/30/2013
Epocot F&W 1/2 marathon 2012
Aulani 6/13
princesscinderella is offline  
Old 04-20-2012, 05:39 PM   #2272
DougEMG
DIS Veteran
 
DougEMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,686

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesscinderella View Post
Best of luck and welcome to the BWV waiting club. I've got two more weeks to go. I'm happy to see Fidelity got a new supply of BWV contracts listed if mine gets ROFR. You got a juicy one and will have time to use the banked points if it goes through.
Thanks, I'm fairly confident on this contract getting through.

It was nice that they got a couple of BWV contracts in. I've an offer on another one as well, but haven't heard anything back yet.
__________________



DougEMG is offline  
Old 04-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #2273
bdoleary
Mouseketeer
 
bdoleary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEMG View Post
Have a new offer accepted and if this one gets ROFR I'm going to

BWV 350 MAR, 700 point for 2012, all points going forward. Buyer pays closing, seller pays MF. Asking price was $64.29 While not the best deal, I've always wanted to own at BWV
Good luck on this one Doug - it looks like a good one!
bdoleary is offline  
Old 04-20-2012, 07:08 PM   #2274
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,210

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEMG View Post
Have a new offer accepted and if this one gets ROFR I'm going to

BWV 350 MAR, 700 point for 2012, all points going forward. Buyer pays closing, seller pays MF. Asking price was $64.29 While not the best deal, I've always wanted to own at BWV
It sounds like a good deal to me! Good luck. After the luck you just had at OKW, Disney owes you this one!!
WsPrincess is offline  
Old 04-20-2012, 09:54 PM   #2275
ELMC
DIS Veteran
 
ELMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucia_27 View Post
Wow! Sorry to hear that these OWK contracts didn't get passed.

So all the theories are out the window now for OWK - UY, who pays closing, who pays fees. high price/pt, low price/pt...

No offense, but I am so glad that my OKW contract made it through. I'd be a wreck now, overthinking my next attempt to buy...
It almost seems as if DVD is accumulating OKW contracts. Hmmm...

Let's just say that I wouldn't be surprised to hear some sort of announcement from DVD in the near future. Sheer speculation of course.
__________________
ELMC is offline  
Old 04-20-2012, 09:55 PM   #2276
ELMC
DIS Veteran
 
ELMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,979

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEMG View Post
Well this was not my day, just heard that my other OKW contract got ROFR today as well.

270 Sept OKW, $50/point, buyer pays closing and seller pays MF. Had 182 point left in 2011 and 540 points in 2012.

Have I set any record here, 3 OKW contracts lost to ROFR in a month.
Don't give up, Doug, there is an OKW contract out there with your name on it...you'll see!
__________________
ELMC is offline  
Old 04-21-2012, 01:19 AM   #2277
DougEMG
DIS Veteran
 
DougEMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,686

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
Don't give up, Doug, there is an OKW contract out there with your name on it...you'll see!
It was kind of a good news bad news kind of day. While I was very sad to lose both those really nice OKW deals, I was very happy to get an accepted offer on a BWV contract even though it cost me more. Now if my other BWV offer gets accepted I'll be really really happy and will have more than enough points and will take a break from accumulating points.
__________________



DougEMG is offline  
Old 04-21-2012, 07:22 AM   #2278
gatorgirl02
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 256

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEMG View Post
It was kind of a good news bad news kind of day. While I was very sad to lose both those really nice OKW deals, I was very happy to get an accepted offer on a BWV contract even though it cost me more. Now if my other BWV offer gets accepted I'll be really really happy and will have more than enough points and will take a break from accumulating points.
Doug, I really hope this (and your other) BWV contract passes . That sucks about the 3rd OKW contract getting ROFR, because now all of us with OKW contracts are still ...
gatorgirl02 is offline  
Old 04-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #2279
Crazy4Disney06
DIS Veteran
 
Crazy4Disney06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Oregon 3134.60 miles from WDW
Posts: 2,684

Quote:
Originally Posted by permavac View Post
Woohhnnnnt-Waaaahhhhhh!

Disney took mine too I had 2 contracts out - one for BWV and one for OKW. Just told this morning that the OKW was taken by Disney. Here are the details:

Disney's Old Key West 75 points - December Use Year, 150 2012 points (75 banked from 2011), all 2013 points available. Listed at $65.00 per point, but I was paying $55 per point. Buyer to pay closing and split current year MF with seller. Sent to ROFR 4/3/12.

I'm just praying they don't take the BWV which is the one I REALLY wanted. Hope, hope, hope...

Terri
Wow I'm a bit surprised on the OKW contract. We bought a similar contract at OKW in March however it was only 50 points, but it passed at $55 per point. We paid all MF and closing and no banked points. April UY.
__________________
Me (34), Dh (35), Ds (12) Ds2: (3)
Past Disney Vacations:
9-96 ~ WDW - Wilderness Lodge / 6-98 ~ DL (graduation gift) - FairField Inn/ 3-00 ~ DL (DisneyMoon) - Stovalls Inn / 5-03 ~ DL - Super 8/ 7-04 ~ DL - Hyatt Regency Orange County/ 8-21 - 8-27-07 ~ WDW - POP / 10/11 - 10/19/08 ~ WDW - CBR & Disney Wonder / DL ~ 10/5 - 10/9/09 Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel / 12/15 - 12/20/2011 ~ Our first Holiday Season with Mickey @ ASMu / Villas At Disney's Grand Californian Hotel ~ D 12/16 - 12/21/12 /Tinkerbell Half Marathon Weekend @ DL 1/16 - 1/20/14 / Next Up: Aulani Hawaiian Resort 8/24 - 8/30/14 / Tinkerbell Half Marathon Weekend @ DL 5/7 - 5/10/15

DVC Owners Since 3/2012
Crazy4Disney06 is offline  
Old 04-21-2012, 05:44 PM   #2280
permavac
Have you seen this chicken?
 
permavac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 493

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Disney06 View Post
Wow I'm a bit surprised on the OKW contract. We bought a similar contract at OKW in March however it was only 50 points, but it passed at $55 per point. We paid all MF and closing and no banked points. April UY.
I'd love to be a fly on the wall at the DVC ROFR office On another board someone speculated that because inventory is currently low for buying DVC direct (only AKV and Aulani still available...?) that they are focusing on buying back OKW contracts cheap to sell for profit with direct purchasers who aren't interested in Aulani and don't want to "waitlist" for a sold out property but want an on-site WDW property choice other than AKV. A painless way (it would seem) to start completing the OKW contract extensions as well. Who knows for sure, but that is as good speculation as anything I could think of.

Terri
permavac is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: