Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2011, 01:27 PM   #1
DH-2-mamaduck
DisDad#446 - You're just jealous the voices don't talk to you!

IOA - The Advenuture Begins

Trip to Universal was a perk as we were going to Daytona Beach for a gymnastics meet for my 8yo. It was Thursday night, our flight left a little late, we landed in Orlando around 11:50pm and arrived at our hotel and had the kids in bed by 1am. I knew this would delay our morning, so we get there when we get there.

It was a foggy morning, but we didn't care...

We are up, ate, ready....off we go. DS is ready!

So is DD:

We arrived an Universal and said paid the extra $5 for parking...for $5, maybe it was worth it when we left. We arrived at the gates, waited in short line to purchase tickets. Decided not to buy them in advance before the trip in case of delays. So after $541 later, we have our tickets and it is about 10:30am, a bit later that we wanted.

So...

We get in the park and decide to walk back to WWoHP. The park is dead, rides are 5 minute lines.

On the way, I of course have to run over and drop the hammer on the bomb…figured it had to be interactive…it was!

We are almost there…

…getting closer…

…what the, I just left snow…

The IOA-Photo person was nice to snap a photo of us w/ our cam as well

We made it to Hogsmeade:

And well…this is where all the people are. Ride lines are 30-45 mins, kids are getting hungry, so we head back to grab lunch

Time to Marvel a bit. Spiderman was an awesomely done ride!

My oldest and I go on the Hulk – one of my favorite TV shows as a kid. The others were not tall enough and go on the not-sure-what-it-is-called so tea-cup ride. Hulk was a blast! Only 5 minute wait to get on.

DS had to get a Hulk shirt of course

After the Hulk my oldest and I catch up w/ the others on the “tea-cup” ride and they go on a few times.

Me / DisDad#446 DW DD(14) DD(12) DS(9) DD(3) DD(23mo) Nilla Bullboxer Charlie Brown Alexis

POPx2 '14 | IOA '11 | BWI-CL '09 | POP '06 | DL '05 & '03

Last edited by DH-2-mamaduck; 02-09-2014 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Fixing all the images as they went broken
DH-2-mamaduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:28 PM   #2
DH-2-mamaduck

We make our way to

One of the greatest books ever! I’ll explain if you ask

While DW and 3 kidlets go on ride, I play w/ DD Piper

Hey look, the clouds are moving out and the sun is starting to shine…oh great, I left my sunglasses in the car.

As DW and kidlets go on a ride, I can’t help buying cookies and brownies.

This stand was closed…any good?

Break Time!

Oldest w/ youngest:

Me / DisDad#446 DW DD(14) DD(12) DS(9) DD(3) DD(23mo) Nilla Bullboxer Charlie Brown Alexis

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2011, 01:29 PM   #3
DH-2-mamaduck

We didn’t spend really anytime in The Lost Continent….just a stroll through to get back to WwoHP

So back to WwoHP

So I had to try some

And yummy…good stuff, except for some of the ingredients in it (I have food sensitivities). Even the kids liked it.

Ride lines are nothing now. Oldest DD and I head to ride Dragons Challenge – said 15 mins. Yeah, a 15 minute walk! Then right on the ride. At first she was not sure, but after a little pep talk….what a great ride!

We catch up w/ the others taking a break on the steps.

I hang out with pip-squeak as the rest do some shopping

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey – what a great ride!

And the Hippogriff

Squeakers and I hanging out waiting for the others

So the sun is setting and we yet to go on a water ride. After seeing everyone get drenched…and this is going to be a first, we get poncho’s (yeah, a bunch of weenies, but I don’t want to be soaking wet, walking to the car, then an hour ride to Daytona)

We hit up the two water rides. Got lucky on Jurassic Park River Adventure so made our way to Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges. We got on, no wait on any of these rides. I make the kids take shoes and socks off. The people we went with…they got soaked. I mean soaked! I’m sure glad we dropped the $40 in ponchos.

Now it is about 6:45…and the bummer is park closes at 7pm. We rush over to the Hulk and make it on. It is a Friday night…you close at 7pm…what @$!#%. We make it through the gift shops to pick up some goodies. Kids pick up a few thing for their friends. We grab dinner out in the CityWalk.

Made the foggy trip up to Daytona. IOA was a good time. I just wish it was open a few hours longer for the price you pay. Winter hours I guess.

Last edited by DH-2-mamaduck; 02-20-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:30 PM   #4
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Great report and pictures! Thanks for sharing!
Old 02-20-2011, 11:33 PM   #5
num1tigerfan
Mouseketeer

OMG! I love, love, love the thing 1,2,3 & 4 shirts. We actually bought them for our kiddos several times as they were toddlers, but only have a thing 1 & thing 2 at home (older kids grown). We are heading to USO for a surprise trip for Spring break. I am so excited, I could almost burst......and the kids do not have a clue!!
num1tigerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:30 AM   #6
DH-2-mamaduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1tigerfan View Post
OMG! I love, love, love the thing 1,2,3 & 4 shirts. We actually bought them for our kiddos several times as they were toddlers, but only have a thing 1 & thing 2 at home (older kids grown). We are heading to USO for a surprise trip for Spring break. I am so excited, I could almost burst......and the kids do not have a clue!!
It was impossible to pass up!

Old 02-22-2011, 12:22 AM   #7
num1tigerfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DH-2-mamaduck View Post
It was impossible to pass up!
thanks for your wonderful report and pictures. I am so excited for our upcoming trip! Now if I just can not accidentally let it slip to our children!
num1tigerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:04 PM   #8
cheshireqt
DIS Veteran

Thank you for your TR
I am living vicariously on the boards until our trip in August

AKL 8/2006, POFQ 9/2007, Universal-RPR 2/2009, :CBR 8/2009-4 generation GRANDGATHERING, Universal-HRH 8/2011
cheshireqt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:30 PM   #9
DH-2-mamaduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshireqt View Post
Thank you for your TR
I am living vicariously on the boards until our trip in August
It is nearly addicting on here. Now I just need to plan a trip back to WDW somtime...or the cruise around our other trips. We originally were going to go during spring break this year, but this trip took its place.

If I was to do Universal again, I would make it a 3 day thing and stay on-site to get the most out of it.

Old 03-14-2011, 02:41 PM   #10
tink20
DIS Veteran

I just found this today. LOVED IT! Your pictures were great, and your family is so cute.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:43 PM   #11
DH-2-mamaduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink20 View Post
I just found this today. LOVED IT! Your pictures were great, and your family is so cute.
Thank you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: