Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2011, 07:29 PM   #106
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdancer86 View Post
I cannot belive they have Mickey treads on the tyres! that is cool! glad you at least had entertaiment during your long wait, that cheese man looked to be good value!!!

So you closed your eyes, boohoo, loads of people aren't brave enough to ride it and I bet loads of people keep their eyes closed for the duration, I totally kno0w what you mean though, it was very in your face! did you enjoy it overall? I really liked it! and would queue 2 hours to ride it, but walking on was so sweet!
I did like the ride very much. It was so different than anything I have ever been on before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiPhnx View Post
You took so many forbidden journey pictures, haha!!!

I know exactly what you mean by being pseudo-mom. I have two younger siblings and I have been pseudo-mom for as long as I remember. Especially when the 3 of us were at WDW for our first time when I was only 17yrs old. It was a constant slew of, "Stay close! Walk faster! Did you remember your camera? Where are your park tickets? Do you REALLY need to buy that?"

I would close my eyes during the spider parts too. Heck, I can't even look at that huge dinosaur at the end of Dinosaur! I also closed my eyes on ITTBAB. I think of myself as a thrill-seeker too. Ain't no shame, girl! Bugs are scary!
Oh my god, I'm so with you on Dinosaur! For a long time, I couldn't look at that part either. I think it's the mixture of it being so loud and it getting so close to you face!

And you are so right. Bugs are scary!

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:58 PM   #107
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

nice pics!!! My bro was talking about the moving sidewalk last night! I guess when he was there the other day he was to be off by 6 and no one came to bump him so he was stuck on the moving walkway but got 1.5 hr of OT!!

Glad you liked the ride!
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2011, 09:14 PM   #108
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
nice pics!!! My bro was talking about the moving sidewalk last night! I guess when he was there the other day he was to be off by 6 and no one came to bump him so he was stuck on the moving walkway but got 1.5 hr of OT!!

Glad you liked the ride!
Yeah, I don't know what I was expecting when I got on the ride, but it definitely wasn't the moving walkway. I wouldn't mind working at one of those rides though. It would be a surefire way to keep in shape!

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 03-09-2011, 09:22 PM   #109
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Okay, first... beer, superbowl, Aaron Rodgers? Seriously? How did I miss this TR so far?

Secondly, to answer your question, when it is really crowded, you wait in line for FJ for 3 hrs, and you look at the 45 minute lines to enter the shops and shrug your shoulders declare it "not worth it" and have another butter beer Basically it is NOT FUN at all when it is crowded.

Loving the TR, now that I actually found it
Old 03-09-2011, 09:28 PM   #110
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_Joanna_eggs View Post
Okay, first... beer, superbowl, Aaron Rodgers? Seriously? How did I miss this TR so far?

Secondly, to answer your question, when it is really crowded, you wait in line for FJ for 3 hrs, and you look at the 45 minute lines to enter the shops and shrug your shoulders declare it "not worth it" and have another butter beer Basically it is NOT FUN at all when it is crowded.

Loving the TR, now that I actually found it

No worries on not finding the report sooner!

Yeah, I could absolutely understand that it would not be worth it if it was that crowded! That's was my reasoning behind picking the time of year that we decided to visit.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 03-09-2011, 09:55 PM   #111
DVCWDWMEMBER
DIS Veteran

awesome pictures. Can't wait to experience it in January with you
6/85 Offsite:12/86 DI: 8/88, 1/98, 5/00 DLR- Offsite:12/91 CR: 11/93 FWC: 1/99 POFQ: 9/99 CSR:01/02 CB/PR: 01/03 BCV: 12/03 DCL/BCV:10/04, 10/08 SSR: 05/05 PR: 01/06 WL: 05/06 GC-DLR: 11/06 POFQ: 02/07 DLH-DLR:11/07 BWV/POR: 05/08 OKW/VB: 05/09 AK/VB:10/09 GF:09/10 Disneyland Paris :11/10 POP: 07/11 BLT: 9/11 OKW: 6/12 Disneyland Paris : 7/13 WL,SSR-THV,AK :1/14 SSR:5/14 BC :11/14 WL:12/14 SSR: 2/15 AK: 8/15 DLH

Old 03-10-2011, 12:21 PM   #112
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Can't believe the top you bought ripped so easily - at least you were still in Disney so could get an exchange/return! on getting lost on the way to IOA - am glad you managed to find it in the end.

Love all the pics of WWoHP - can't wait to see it for myself! I had to reread the bit where you said you closed your eyes on Forbiddon Journey! Can't believe you did that after riding all the coasters at Disney World

Had never realised the shops at WWoHP are small - thanks for the tip and will def be taking my deodrant with me! Love Honeydukes - am just worried that I'm going to want to buy everything in that shop!
Old 03-10-2011, 12:47 PM   #113
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCWDWMEMBER View Post
awesome pictures. Can't wait to experience it in January with you
It's going to be fun. I think you guys will love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Can't believe the top you bought ripped so easily - at least you were still in Disney so could get an exchange/return! on getting lost on the way to IOA - am glad you managed to find it in the end.

Love all the pics of WWoHP - can't wait to see it for myself! I had to reread the bit where you said you closed your eyes on Forbiddon Journey! Can't believe you did that after riding all the coasters at Disney World

Had never realised the shops at WWoHP are small - thanks for the tip and will def be taking my deodrant with me! Love Honeydukes - am just worried that I'm going to want to buy everything in that shop!
I think the hole was already in it, likely from where the sensor was placed. I just thought maybe the shirt was a little flimsy, so I didn't want to chance it again.

You're going to love seeing it there yourself! The theming in the Harry Potter area is amazing. Really great to see.

Yeah, I couldn't believe I closed my eyes myself. But it played on my biggest fear, so I'm going to use that as a crutch!

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 03-10-2011, 12:50 PM   #114
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Off topic plug

Hi everyone!

I know this is a little of an off topic plug, but I figured I would post the link to my mom's and my PTR for July. She's doing this in tandem with me, because she wanted to give it a try. Come join if you'd like
!

Getting Ready for the Big 4-0 in WDW - July 2011 PTR

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 03-10-2011, 08:22 PM   #115
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Joining in!!! What a fabulous TR!! I LOVE your Super Bowl update!!! It sounds like you guys had a great time!!! It sounds like you were also having a great time at Universal!! One of these days we have to get over there!! We love Harry Potter!!!
Old 03-10-2011, 08:29 PM   #116
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Joining in!!! What a fabulous TR!! I LOVE your Super Bowl update!!! It sounds like you guys had a great time!!! It sounds like you were also having a great time at Universal!! One of these days we have to get over there!! We love Harry Potter!!!

Glad that you're here!

We did have a great time, and it was a lot of fun. Universal is definitely worth visiting. It's not a multi-day park, unless you go when it's really crowded, but it's worth a visit, especially for Harry Potter.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 03-10-2011, 11:13 PM   #117
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

YAY Harry Potter! That's awesome you didn't have to wait too long for FJ. It is an awesome ride. I almost chickened out but am so glad I went on.

I hear ya on the shops too. Sooo small! I remember going in one of them and thinking I feel bad for the people who work there. It was annoying enough trying to get around in them!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 03-10-2011, 11:18 PM   #118
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
YAY Harry Potter! That's awesome you didn't have to wait too long for FJ. It is an awesome ride. I almost chickened out but am so glad I went on.

I hear ya on the shops too. Sooo small! I remember going in one of them and thinking I feel bad for the people who work there. It was annoying enough trying to get around in them!
Yeah, Jason and I were in one, and then all of a sudden, BAM, there were people everywhere! I am slightly weird when it comes to wall to wall people in small spaces, so I had a little mini panic attack. But, I just calmly walked outside. No way I could work in one of them, no way. Unless I was allowed to stay behind my register at all times.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 03-10-2011, 11:30 PM   #119
clearskies
DIS Veteran

Hi Danielle,

You don't by chance have a Tom Tom GPS. We had the same problem in that our GPS took us someplace that was definitely not Universal.
I ended up using my cell phone GPS to get us there. We bought the Tom Tom just before the trip and I ended up returning it when we got home. It mystified us a few times on the trip.

What were you thinking fessing up to Jason that you closed you eyes? No good could come from that. The in-your-face aspects of the ride did not actually bother me it was the motion sickness effects that had a little bit of an impact on me. It was not awful but most of our group felt the effects afterwards.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:37 PM   #120
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearskies View Post
Hi Danielle,

You don't by chance have a Tom Tom GPS. We had the same problem in that our GPS took us someplace that was definitely not Universal.
I ended up using my cell phone GPS to get us there. We bought the Tom Tom just before the trip and I ended up returning it when we got home. It mystified us a few times on the trip.

What were you thinking fessing up to Jason that you closed you eyes? No good could come from that. The in-your-face aspects of the ride did not actually bother me it was the motion sickness effects that had a little bit of an impact on me. It was not awful but most of our group felt the effects afterwards.
It's not a Tom Tom, it was the app on my iPhone that I downloaded. Worked like a charm in Texas on my business trip, so who knows!

Yeah, I have diarrhea of the mouth syndrome. I just say whatever comes to mind, and then I'm like "dang it!"

I'm like the opposite of you, I have no problems with motion sickness (normally), but the in your face parts just kind of took me by surprise. It was really just the spiders mostly.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: