Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2011, 05:04 PM   #91
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Having grown up with two brothers I totally get the feeling you were going through. They are great but can't do anything for themselves

on getting curb side seats to watch Aaron Rogers - love all the rest of the parade pictures as well.

That Sundae sure looks good - am going to see if I can make it to Beaches and Cream to get one even if it means paying OOP
Old 03-06-2011, 05:30 PM   #92
BookTrout
Earning My Ears

Wow, I swear Aaron was totally looking right at you. I mean he even turned around in the car to keep you in his line of sight.
Sharon
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2011, 05:42 PM   #93
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Having grown up with two brothers I totally get the feeling you were going through. They are great but can't do anything for themselves

on getting curb side seats to watch Aaron Rogers - love all the rest of the parade pictures as well.

That Sundae sure looks good - am going to see if I can make it to Beaches and Cream to get one even if it means paying OOP
It is so worth it! They don't accept reservations, so you have to just show up. I recommend eating at weird times. And it's totally worth it, even if you pay OOP. They're not an expensive restaurant really. I think it's a great value!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookTrout View Post
Wow, I swear Aaron was totally looking right at you. I mean he even turned around in the car to keep you in his line of sight.
Sharon
I know, right!

*sigh* A girl can dream....
Old 03-06-2011, 09:33 PM   #94
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Aaron Rodgers!!!! So jealous you were there for that. It was cool because they actually showed him in the parade on the news here that day. You got some pretty good pictures! I get to see him next weekend when he's in town for a soccer game. Soo excited...it's about the only good reason my sister and I are going to WDW a couple weeks later, haha.

Mmm, that sundae does look really good (and huge!).
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 03-06-2011, 09:42 PM   #95
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Aaron Rodgers!!!! So jealous you were there for that. It was cool because they actually showed him in the parade on the news here that day. You got some pretty good pictures! I get to see him next weekend when he's in town for a soccer game. Soo excited...it's about the only good reason my sister and I are going to WDW a couple weeks later, haha.

Mmm, that sundae does look really good (and huge!).
I know! We really lucked out with our location for the parade. He stopped there for quite some time because it was the media location, so our pictures weren't just drive by.

That's cool that you'll get to see him next weekend! And then to WDW! Can't believe your trip is so close already.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:17 PM   #96
clearskies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
"Did you see that elephant in there!? He TOTALLY got in my way!"
Oh, that's a good one. I have not used that one yet

Great pictures of the parade. I also love the little touches that Disney does such as the tires you took captured.

Aaron Rodgers is not quite giving me the same level of excitement as you but I can understand your elation.

I am getting hungry looking at that burger from Beaches and Cream. We have never been there but it look great and that sundae looks amazing.

Looking forward to hearing about Harry Potter.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:44 PM   #97
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearskies View Post
Oh, that's a good one. I have not used that one yet

Great pictures of the parade. I also love the little touches that Disney does such as the tires you took captured.

Aaron Rodgers is not quite giving me the same level of excitement as you but I can understand your elation.

I am getting hungry looking at that burger from Beaches and Cream. We have never been there but it look great and that sundae looks amazing.

Looking forward to hearing about Harry Potter.
Yeah, Aaron wasn't looking too thrilled. I'm going to say it's because he had so much press to do that day.

Beaches and Cream is so worth it! It's now a must do for me.

I'm looking forward to talking about Harry Potter! And my new level of wussiness!
Old 03-08-2011, 03:21 AM   #98
brdlyleon
Born with Mickey ears!

here late but nontheless...here! lol sounds like an amazing vacation! i Would LOVE to go alone with my sister...nice bonding time! Sad to hear about your brother though...hopefully he felt better!! Madness with the waiting too...seems to have been worth it for you though lol
Old 03-08-2011, 12:30 PM   #99
simplyliz
Earning My Ears

I read tons of trip reports on here but almost never comment. I like sibling trips so that is what got my attention but then to find you are a Packer fan! Oh, I am sooo in!

My sis moved to Chicago last August and is the biggest Packer fan ever so nice to see some more Chicago fans!

You are so funny, I keep laughing out loud and getting weird looks. Love the pics of Rodgers, how cool! Can't wait to read more!

- Liz
Old 03-08-2011, 04:59 PM   #100
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brdlyleon View Post
here late but nontheless...here! lol sounds like an amazing vacation! i Would LOVE to go alone with my sister...nice bonding time! Sad to hear about your brother though...hopefully he felt better!! Madness with the waiting too...seems to have been worth it for you though lol

Glad to have you on board! The waiting was definitely worth it, but I would not have done it if it was any other team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyliz View Post
I read tons of trip reports on here but almost never comment. I like sibling trips so that is what got my attention but then to find you are a Packer fan! Oh, I am sooo in!

My sis moved to Chicago last August and is the biggest Packer fan ever so nice to see some more Chicago fans!

You are so funny, I keep laughing out loud and getting weird looks. Love the pics of Rodgers, how cool! Can't wait to read more!

- Liz

I'm so glad that you decided to post on my TR! And glad that I could make you laugh. We all need a good laugh now and then.

Hope your sister likes living in Chicago. It really is a great city! And she's a Packer fan!? She's all right with me!
Old 03-09-2011, 02:42 PM   #101
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Day 4 - Tuesday February 8, 2011 - You Seriously Closed Your Eyes?!

Harry Potter day! Woo hoo!

I did not mess around this morning. There was no way that I was going to be late getting to Islands of Adventure. I wanted to be out the door at 8am, no questions asked.

Jason seemed to be feeling better, so I was hopeful. We were up and our by 8am, right on schedule. But I was bummed. The new shirt that I had bought from TrenD and wanted to wear had a hole in it! I was going to take it back, but I hadn't decided if I was going to exchange it or return it. I mean, seriously, if it ripped that easy.......

So I had the GPS on my phone ready to go. See, I know it's fairly easy to get to Universal from Disney, but when I'm in places that I'm not familiar with, I like to err on the side of caution. So I'm in the car, destination plugged in as Universal Orlando. And where does the GPS take me? Yes, we were on Universal Boulevard. No, we didn't end up at Universal. We're driving down the road and I'm like:

"This does not look right....."

"I know, it looks weird."

"Oh my god, the GPS is saying we're here......but we're on a side road in the middle of nowhere...."

So I turned around. Has anyone noticed before that some stuff is not clearly marked when going to Universal? I mean, Disney is all in your face. Ginormous signs....

YOU WILL BE AT DISNEY IN 2,348 MILES......2,347 MILES.....2,346 MILES...

You get my point. Just sayin'. Universal, could you make your signs a touch larger?

So we finally make it in. I headed over to valet park. That's the one nice perk with the premier annual pass. Free valet. Woo hoo!

It's right by the entrance too. No need to go down those uber long corridors to get to City Walk.

I headed to customer service to pick up my pass. It was a bit colder then we had anticipated. The forecast had said it would get up to about 65. Well, it was much colder than that. I thought I was adequately prepared with my long sleeves, but I so was not. However, we both sucked it up and moved on.

We started heading the same direction everyone else did. That was to Hogsmeade. And I know, I'm bad, I didn't get a picture of the sign! I think I was too excited....

The theming here is great! Very well done I must say. Our first stop was the Forbidden Journey.

The wait time was posted at 10 minutes. Definitely not going to complain about that. And I was stoked that I didn't have to wait to long! We got in line with an elderly couple in front of us. Both of them were having a really hard time seeing inside the castle and I had to help the gentlemen. I was a little nervous about them, I'm not gonna lie. I was hoping they knew what they were getting into with the ride.

There are no pictures of the inside this time around, because I wanted to know how the ride was before I tried to smuggle in my camera.

Well, I didn't realize that the ride uses moving walkways to get into the car (kind of like the Omnimover's at Disney). Oh my god, I was freaking out here, because both of the elderly couple almost took a dive! Whew! However, it was okay, so the crisis was averted.

Okay, so here is where I'm going to admit, I surprised myself. I'm not normally a pansy. But what I am going to say about the ride, is that things get in your face. I mean, spitting distance. I'm riding and I'm thinking.

"Oh my god, if you're too tall, you'll totally kick something."

Dragon.......spider.......Harry's face........

So there is a part here that played on my biggest fear.

Spiders.......why did it have to be spiders.........

And I closed.......my..........eyes........

It's a sad sad day for me to admit it. Danielle, theme park extraordinaire, fearless risk taker, fearless ride rider, closed her eyes on Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.

I plead the fifth and would just like to say that it was an involuntary reaction. Completely.

So I told Jason that after we got off the ride, and he totally called me out!

Whatever. See if I take you anywhere anymore!

After this, we explored Hogsmeade a little bit.

The shops here, are......freakin'......tiny!

I understand the logic to make it seem more like the real Hogsmeade, but seriously. I would hate to see what would happen when it's really crowded. It wasn't crowded and I was goosed, bumped, prodded, and smelled some odors that I really didn't want to.

Deodorant people. Remember deodorant when going to Harry Potter. Just sayin'. Give peace a chance and let my nostrils be free.

Okay seriously, who wouldn't want these?

I almost bought a pygmy puff.

Up next: Wait, that one breakfast cost HOW MUCH?!
Old 03-09-2011, 03:54 PM   #102
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

Is the Harry Potter ride the dueling dragons roller coaster?

You are funny...I remember smuggling my camcorder on Aerosmith and wond it around my hand so it wouldn't fall and taped the entire ride. The only problem was this was before digital and I can't edit out my swearing!!

Cheryl
Old 03-09-2011, 04:01 PM   #103
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chepic View Post
Is the Harry Potter ride the dueling dragons roller coaster?

You are funny...I remember smuggling my camcorder on Aerosmith and wond it around my hand so it wouldn't fall and taped the entire ride. The only problem was this was before digital and I can't edit out my swearing!!

Cheryl
Nope, the Forbidden Journey is inside Hogwarts. It's like a hybrid dark ride with movie projection as well. Hard to describe, but you have to experience it! It's great.

We smuggled the camera in the next time. I was more concerned with the camera coming out of my pocket more than anything else. However, I would love to see your video! They're always best when you can't edit them.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:31 PM   #104
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

I cannot belive they have Mickey treads on the tyres! that is cool! glad you at least had entertaiment during your long wait, that cheese man looked to be good value!!!

So you closed your eyes, boohoo, loads of people aren't brave enough to ride it and I bet loads of people keep their eyes closed for the duration, I totally kno0w what you mean though, it was very in your face! did you enjoy it overall? I really liked it! and would queue 2 hours to ride it, but walking on was so sweet!
Old 03-09-2011, 05:45 PM   #105
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

You took so many forbidden journey pictures, haha!!!

I know exactly what you mean by being pseudo-mom. I have two younger siblings and I have been pseudo-mom for as long as I remember. Especially when the 3 of us were at WDW for our first time when I was only 17yrs old. It was a constant slew of, "Stay close! Walk faster! Did you remember your camera? Where are your park tickets? Do you REALLY need to buy that?"

I would close my eyes during the spider parts too. Heck, I can't even look at that huge dinosaur at the end of Dinosaur! I also closed my eyes on ITTBAB. I think of myself as a thrill-seeker too. Ain't no shame, girl! Bugs are scary!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: