Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2011, 04:47 PM   #76
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

LOL, great update! I don't think I could ever drink that much in Disney, if I'm hungover, there's no way I'm going to a park and I'd be SO mad missing out on park time because of that!

That's so weird, people fishing in WS Lagoon... Never seen that before!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 02-28-2011, 07:39 PM   #77
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Im getting caught up! I don't know how I missed your Super Bowl post but holy cow!! Sounds like a fun time for sure! I bet you were super duper glad you were staying at BWI!

Sounds like a good start to the day! When the Steelers won in 2009, we were at the Poly and went to MK the next day to see the parade!!
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2011, 09:00 PM   #78
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

WHAT??? I can't believe I never knew you had a PTR/TR going!

Well, Danielle, I'm here and ready to rock! Brb while I catch up!
Old 03-03-2011, 09:41 PM   #79
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
LOL, great update! I don't think I could ever drink that much in Disney, if I'm hungover, there's no way I'm going to a park and I'd be SO mad missing out on park time because of that!

That's so weird, people fishing in WS Lagoon... Never seen that before!
LOL. Yeah, being hungover at Disney is a little bit of a drag, but we were still riding high from the Pack winning the Superbowl, so we were okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Im getting caught up! I don't know how I missed your Super Bowl post but holy cow!! Sounds like a fun time for sure! I bet you were super duper glad you were staying at BWI!

Sounds like a good start to the day! When the Steelers won in 2009, we were at the Poly and went to MK the next day to see the parade!!
We were so fortunate to be at the Boardwalk. Made things much easier for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiPhnx View Post
WHAT??? I can't believe I never knew you had a PTR/TR going!

Well, Danielle, I'm here and ready to rock! Brb while I catch up!

Thanks for joining Yuki!

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:33 PM   #80
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Day 3 - Monday February 7, 2011 - Waiting and waiting and waiting......for Aaron!

So we last left us having to take a trip back to the hotel to pick up things left behind.

I'm like a pseudo-mom. When mom isn't around, all of the men in my family suddenly want me to remember everything for them. Every day, the conversation between Jason and I went something like this...

"Do you have your medication?"

"Um...."

"Do you have your inhaler?"

"Errr......"

"Do you have your brain?"

"........."

Seriously! If I wasn't there to remember things, everything would be left behind and forgotten. And shame on me if I actually forget to remind you to bring something along!

So, I bite my tongue, we turn around, and we pick up the medication that Jason needs. After grabbing everything, we figured now would be the time to head to the Magic Kingdom. The parade was supposed to begin at 2:15pm, and it was around noon at this time (I think). I wanted to make sure we got a good seat.

We managed to walk through the Magic Kingdom's gates at about 12:30pm.

We wandered around for a minute, before I decided that it was time for Jason's ego to take a beating! So where better to bruise someone's ego, than to beat them at Buzz Lightyear!

So while we're waiting in the very short line, Jason is telling me that I'm going down. I beg to differ Jason......I beg to differ.

Me

Jason

Hmmmm...........Let the excuses begin! Jason starts saying to me:

"Oh, the car wasn't working the way I wanted it to."

"I couldn't figure out which laser beam was mine!"

"Did you see that elephant in there!? He TOTALLY got in my way!"

As we left Buzz Lightyear, the CM at the entrance noted our Packer gear and told us he would suggest us getting to Main Street to pick some seats, so we had good ones. I thought that was a good idea. Normally, I'm not one to wait for parades. But, this is something that doesn't happen too often, so.....

We found a good seat on Main Street that ended up being a great choice. I got a seat on the curb. By now it was around 1:15pm. We were seated next to a bunch of Packer fans.

Including that guy.....

There was a really nice guy next to me that I ended up chatting with for most of the time. His wife was an executive at Disney, which is how he had the inside scoop about the parade. He said that he picked this spot based on information he had. We apparently were right by the media area, where the car was going to stop so they could take pictures. See what I mean about picking a good spot?!

I was getting thirsty at this point, so Jason did what any good brother would do.......stay sitting on the curb while I got up to get us both drinks.

"Mom?.....mommy?.....I firsty!"

I ran into the bakery, and got us both iced teas and I got myself a chocolate croissant (just because I wanted one!). We then sat and waited.

And waited.

And waited.

And waited.

The parade was..........delayed!

Breathe, Danielle, breathe. Aaron Rodgers now was not going to appear until 3:45pm. I just spent an entire day waiting for the Superbowl, and now I'm waiting for the MVP. I had better get some good pictures!

I was bored

But at least we still had this guy......to entertain us

We waited it out. After moss had begun to grow under my butt, the parade finally began. Woo hoo! It was the normal parade first. Never had pictures this close before!

Love the detail on the tires!

I love you Donald!

The moment was coming!

This guy was sooooo excited!!!!!!!

Continued in next post.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 03-06-2011, 01:52 PM   #81
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Day 3 - Monday February 7, 2011 - He's arrived!!!!

Then, the moment finally arrived.....

I apologize for this guys arm, but I like his face in this picture.

Don't leave, don't leave......

And then......it was over.....all that waiting, all that time.

My butt was numb.

My legs were like jello.

I was sunburned (because like a doofus, I didn't bring sunscreen, and this was the ONLY sunny day).

But I......

saw.......

Aaron Rodgers!!!!!!!!!!

******SIGH*******

After this Jason, surprise surprise, wasn't feeling well.

It was after 4pm. Two days into my Disney trip, and I've done about five things......Breathe Danielle, breathe!

Wooooooo saaaaaaahhhhhhh!!

I was really hungry at this time. We headed back to the hotel and asked Jason what he wanted to do for dinner. I had reservations for the 50's Prime Time Cafe, but there was a thunderstorm on the radar now.

Jason also said that he was still having pain in his esophagus.

I suggested something we've never done before. I said that we should walk over to Beaches and Cream for dinner. Jason said that was good, because he thought ice cream would help.

We headed out, but remembered our ponchos just in case. We waited only briefly and were seated at a table. I completely forgot how small the restaurant was. I asked our server how crazy it gets, and she said it's common for them to have 2 hour waits. Crazy!

The Yeti had FINALLY gotten up! Dude, seriously!

I had an internal struggle. I really wanted the burger. But, I knew I would be getting burgers later, so I didn't want to keep eating the same thing. So against my better judgment, I got the chicken sandwich.

Jason got the burger

Now, not that the chicken sandwich wasn't good. But Jason's burger was soooo much better!

Note to self......Always go with your gut when it comes to food decisions. Always.

Jason was really struggling here, and I could tell. You see, he's a human garbage disposal, and at this point, he had only finished 1/2 of his burger. That's okay with me though. I got to eat the other half!

We did order sundaes though. I got the Milky Way sundae and Jason got the No Way Jose.

Can you say huge?! Way too big!

Again, Jason made the right choice. The No Way Jose was great! Not that the Milky Way sundae wasn't. It just wasn't the same as the No Way Jose.

By now, it was raining pretty hard. Good thing I'm pseudo-mom and packed our ponchos. I had a feeling that was going to happen. We had to make that walk all the way back to the Boardwalk from the Beach Club. The ponchos definitely helped.

When back at the hotel, pseudo-mom stepped in again and we stopped at the General store. I got Alka Seltzer and Vics cough drops, because on top of it all, Jason said he was getting a sore throat.

I basically over-medicated him and hoped for the best, because we were going to Universal the next day to see Harry Potter. Dude, I would go without you if you didn't feel well!

Up Next: Wait, you closed your eyes?

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 03-06-2011, 02:14 PM   #82
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

I know your pain about waiting....we were there the year the Red Sox finally won the World Series and the next day Kurt Shilling was in the Mouse's House and in the parade....really awesome!!

And that sunday was HUGE!!

Cheryl
Old 03-06-2011, 02:38 PM   #83
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chepic View Post
I know your pain about waiting....we were there the year the Red Sox finally won the World Series and the next day Kurt Shilling was in the Mouse's House and in the parade....really awesome!!

And that sunday was HUGE!!

Cheryl
I would definitely do it again, because it's something that doesn't happen all of the time.

Those sundae's are soooo worth it!

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 03-06-2011, 02:56 PM   #84
irishsharon
DIS Veteran

Having such a great time reading your reviews I think I need a drink or two And its not because I'm 100% irish or anything
Old 03-06-2011, 03:02 PM   #85
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishsharon View Post
Having such a great time reading your reviews I think I need a drink or two And its not because I'm 100% irish or anything
Ha ha. Some Guinness perhaps???

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 03-06-2011, 04:07 PM   #86
burly
DIS Veteran

Moss growing on your butt!

Looking forward to the HP stuff too. You are posting that here too?
Old 03-06-2011, 04:21 PM   #87
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by burly View Post
Moss growing on your butt!

Looking forward to the HP stuff too. You are posting that here too?
Oh yeah, I will be posting everything.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 03-06-2011, 05:05 PM   #88
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
Someone needs to pretend we've got a clue
Chocolate is a girls heaven

Great pictures. I love the one of your toes while you were bored waiting for the parade. At least your pedicure looked great.

Your brother's burger from Beaches & Cream looked yummy. I've always wanted to try the Kitchen Sink ever since I saw Samantha Brown from the Travel Channel eat it.

Old 03-06-2011, 05:28 PM   #89
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

nice update! Sorry the plans aren't going so well Your pics remind me of 2 years ago when the Steelers won! We also went to the parade and it was late! Our parade was just the band and a few charactes and Holmes. Yours was the full out parade which was awesome!

Beaches and Cream is very yummy! Were you able to use your DDP there??..or wait, I don't think you had it for this trip now that I think about it!
Old 03-06-2011, 05:47 PM   #90
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
Great pictures. I love the one of your toes while you were bored waiting for the parade. At least your pedicure looked great.

Your brother's burger from Beaches & Cream looked yummy. I've always wanted to try the Kitchen Sink ever since I saw Samantha Brown from the Travel Channel eat it.
As you will see later, we actually went to Beaches and Cream twice. And both times, someone got the Kitchen Sink. It's ginormous!

Thanks on the pedicure! I actually did that one myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
nice update! Sorry the plans aren't going so well Your pics remind me of 2 years ago when the Steelers won! We also went to the parade and it was late! Our parade was just the band and a few charactes and Holmes. Yours was the full out parade which was awesome!

Beaches and Cream is very yummy! Were you able to use your DDP there??..or wait, I don't think you had it for this trip now that I think about it!
Nope, we weren't on the DDP, but I had wondered about whether or not they take it there. I've never looked into it before.

Originally, it was supposed to only be him and a few other characters, but because they kept pushing the time back, they stuck it on the back end of the normal 3pm parade.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: