Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2011, 06:47 PM   #31
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Harper View Post
I'm joining in too. This is a great trip report so far. You are cracking me up!

See, I said this would be a Crazy Train! Ha ha. But Ozzy Osborne I am not. Not that crazy....

Glad to have you along. I hope I can keep the humor up.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:03 PM   #32
DVCWDWMEMBER
Mouseketeer

So glad that you got Yeti back, it would have been sad to come home without him.
6/85 Offsite:12/86 DI: 8/88, 1/98, 5/00 DLR- Offsite:12/91 CR: 11/93 FWC: 1/99 POFQ: 9/99 CSR:01/02 CB/PR: 01/03 BCV: 12/03 DCL/BCV:10/04, 10/08 SSR: 05/05 PR: 01/06 WL: 05/06 GC-DLR: 11/06 POFQ: 02/07 DLH-DLR:11/07 BWV/POR: 05/08 OKW/VB: 05/09 AK/VB:10/09 GF:09/10 Disneyland Paris :11/10 POP: 07/11 BLT: 9/11 OKW: 6/12 Disneyland Paris : 7/13 WL,SSR-THV,AK :1/14 SSR:5/14 BC :11/14 WL: 2/15 AK: 8/15 DLH

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2011, 07:17 PM   #33
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCWDWMEMBER View Post
So glad that you got Yeti back, it would have been sad to come home without him.
I know, I would have been totally depressed if the Yeti decided to stay behind!
Old 02-20-2011, 07:17 PM   #34
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

great update!!! I'm glad the Yeti liked his ride! It looks like you made a good call about the Safari! AK is such a hard park to be in when it's raining It looks like you guys made the most of it and had a blast. BWI would be a huge drawback since there is no food court. At least at YC/BC you can go to the gift shop area and fill your mug up yourself. I just don't get why some of the food courts are 24/7, IE Poly and GF while some close at 12am, some close at like 11/11:30, IE AKL. I guess when you are paying the big bucks to stay at Poly and GF that is one of the things you are paying for!

Okay my food rant is over now!
Old 02-20-2011, 07:20 PM   #35
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
great update!!! I'm glad the Yeti liked his ride! It looks like you made a good call about the Safari! AK is such a hard park to be in when it's raining It looks like you guys made the most of it and had a blast. BWI would be a huge drawback since there is no food court. At least at YC/BC you can go to the gift shop area and fill your mug up yourself. I just don't get why some of the food courts are 24/7, IE Poly and GF while some close at 12am, some close at like 11/11:30, IE AKL. I guess when you are paying the big bucks to stay at Poly and GF that is one of the things you are paying for!

Okay my food rant is over now!
No, seriously, I'm totally with you on your food rant! When we stayed at GF, that was the one thing I really liked about it, was that I could get a drink whenever I wanted to! Who knows the logic sometimes.

I know what you mean about rain at AK. It's so irritating to be caught in the rain there. It's almost like there are less places to hide. I think because their ride to area ratio is off....
Old 02-20-2011, 07:46 PM   #36
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

on starting your new TR!! Am all caught up, subbing and looking forward to reading more!

Now let me see if I can remember what I needed to comment on...first off am glad you made it to Orlando with all the snow etc and on the prices of the food at French Meadow...can't believe it was that much!

Love the Nissan cube...definitely a great choice! Love the photos of BWI and the closeness to Epcot and HS...however the clown would freak me out as well!!

on being able to ride Soarin straight away and finishing first in the beer race!!

Great safari pics and at Jason's lion conversation - hilarious!!!
Old 02-20-2011, 07:53 PM   #37
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
on starting your new TR!! Am all caught up, subbing and looking forward to reading more!

Now let me see if I can remember what I needed to comment on...first off am glad you made it to Orlando with all the snow etc and on the prices of the food at French Meadow...can't believe it was that much!

Love the Nissan cube...definitely a great choice! Love the photos of BWI and the closeness to Epcot and HS...however the clown would freak me out as well!!

on being able to ride Soarin straight away and finishing first in the beer race!!

Great safari pics and at Jason's lion conversation - hilarious!!!
on board! I found your PTR and hopped on board there as well.

Yup, that food at the airport was expensive. I expect that in Disney, but not at the airport. And not for the small amount of food that we got.

Jason's pretty funny like that, as you can see by the faces that he makes!

See, you totally knew it was a beer race too!!! It's always a race to me.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:01 PM   #38
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

great update and pics.

I love AK. Such a beautiful park.

That Yeti with you is very daring.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:55 PM   #39
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
great update and pics.

I love AK. Such a beautiful park.

That Yeti with you is very daring.
I love AK too visually. It was kind of a shame because that was our only day there and it was so overcast and icky.
Yup that Yeti sure was brave!
Old 02-20-2011, 10:57 PM   #40
clearskies
DIS Veteran

Hi Danielle,
I am joining in. Looks like you are having a good time so far.
I love your Yeti companion. My son captured a yeti exactly like that one and he brought him around with us on one trip. You have to keep an eye on them since they can be mischievous little buggers.

Looking forward for more...
Old 02-20-2011, 11:02 PM   #41
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearskies View Post
Hi Danielle,
I am joining in. Looks like you are having a good time so far.
I love your Yeti companion. My son captured a yeti exactly like that one and he brought him around with us on one trip. You have to keep an eye on them since they can be mischievous little buggers.

Looking forward for more...

I'm glad you were able to make it over. I liked having the Yeti along, but as you will find out at the end of the report, he is going to have to sit out our next trip. He was very bad on this trip, and I found another mischievous little one that is dying to come along with us in July.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:01 AM   #42
kevinsmom
Mouseketeer

love the pics on expedition everest... that is the one ride i stayed back on last trip... i was too scared.... it is on my "to do" list for august... cant wait for the "super bowl" installment!

Past WDW Trips: All Star Movies, Music, Sports
Pop Century

DISNEY MAGIC - MARCH 2007

Caribbean Beach Resort - Thanksgiving 2009

Old 02-21-2011, 07:08 AM   #43
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Oh my god, those pictures on Everest are hilarious. And I love the fact that all the CMs were saying good luck to you guys. haha! Awesome there were so many Packer fans-it sure looked like they were out in force on Monday from some of the parade videos I've seen (as they very well should have been!!).

Anxiously awaiting the next update.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 02-21-2011, 08:32 AM   #44
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Great update, looks like a fun morning at AK, except for the rain! I've never been on the safari in the rain, seems like a good idea! EE is always so much fun! And I really have to try Dinosaur again on our next trip, I've only been on it once and was not impressed, but who knows, maybe I'll like it the 2nd time around?

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 02-21-2011, 04:58 PM   #45
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsmom View Post
love the pics on expedition everest... that is the one ride i stayed back on last trip... i was too scared.... it is on my "to do" list for august... cant wait for the "super bowl" installment!
Now, you can't completely take my word for it, but you should definitely do Everest! It's not as bad as everyone thinks. At least I don' think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Oh my god, those pictures on Everest are hilarious. And I love the fact that all the CMs were saying good luck to you guys. haha! Awesome there were so many Packer fans-it sure looked like they were out in force on Monday from some of the parade videos I've seen (as they very well should have been!!).

Anxiously awaiting the next update.
Oh yeah, they were all out on Monday flying their colors. But it begs the question, how many were bandwagoners? Oh well, I'll take as many Packer fans as I can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Great update, looks like a fun morning at AK, except for the rain! I've never been on the safari in the rain, seems like a good idea! EE is always so much fun! And I really have to try Dinosaur again on our next trip, I've only been on it once and was not impressed, but who knows, maybe I'll like it the 2nd time around?
I may be in the minority, but I love Dinosaur. I just absolutely love how it tosses you around, and I think that the ride vehicles and such are really sophisticated. Plus, they have an attraction like it in Disneyland, but it's Indiana Jones. I LOVE that one! Dinosaur also tends to be more fun when you get into it. You know, really think about there being dinosaurs, act scared.....okay, I'm totally a loser!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: