Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2011, 01:16 PM   #16
kevinsmom
Mouseketeer

love it so far!!! great pics!!

Past WDW Trips: All Star Movies, Music, Sports
Pop Century

DISNEY MAGIC - MARCH 2007

Caribbean Beach Resort - Thanksgiving 2009

Old 02-20-2011, 01:24 PM   #17
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Yes, you started!!! The Boardwalk looks beautiful.

I cannot wait to hear about the ESPN Club/Super Bowl Sunday.
Hi Sarah!

I love the Boardwalk. It's so convenient and a very pretty resort.

Oh yeah, there's lots to say about the Superbowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
I love the fact that you are doing Disney with your brother. Years ago my sister and I went to Disney for a special girls only trip. Oh, the memories!

The Boardwalk looks beautiful. It's on my short list of places I'd like to stay.

It was a lot of fun to go with just my brother. I'm hoping to go with my oldest brother soon as well.

I recommend the Boardwalk as a resort to stay at. It's very convenient location wise and it's very pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chepic View Post
Can't wait to read more!!! And that beer was huge!!

Cheryl

Welcome on board Cheryl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I can't keep up with all of your trips! I'm here!

I love that Nissan Cube! What kind of category was that in at Alamo? I always use Alamo, but I get compact of midsize, I've never seen a Cube in either one of those!

The Boardwalk looks awesome, I'd love to stay there someday! I just can't stand that clown pool!

I love going to Epcot on my first night, it's such a great way to start off a trip!
Hi Jen!

The Cube was a mid-size surprisingly. I did the check in and then was able to go to the aisle and pick out our car. I was kind of surprised it was listed as a mid-size car.

I love the Boardwalk, but you're right, the clown pool is a little on the creepy side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCWDWMEMBER View Post
great beginning trip report. Can't wait to find out more, Although I do know most of it and all the cool stuff you bought. Thanks for my gifts they are cool
Glad you liked your gifts mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsmom View Post
love it so far!!! great pics!!

Thanks for reading!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2011, 01:41 PM   #18
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Can't wait for more!

Old 02-20-2011, 02:34 PM   #19
MelMel11
Mouseketeer

Count Me In.. I can't wait to hear more..
Old 02-20-2011, 02:47 PM   #20
stich626
Mouseketeer

Count me in too. Cannot wait to see the little Yeti's adventures too. I gotta get one of those.

Is it October yet?
Old 02-20-2011, 02:54 PM   #21
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Can't wait for more!

Thanks for joining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMel11 View Post
Count Me In.. I can't wait to hear more..

Thanks for reading along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stich626 View Post
Count me in too. Cannot wait to see the little Yeti's adventures too. I gotta get one of those.

The little Yeti was a gift from a friend. I figured what a better way to use him than to have him tagging along.....
Old 02-20-2011, 02:57 PM   #22
ortholablady
DIS Veteran

Just found your TR. I was actually at the BW 2 of the days you were there and I was with my brother too and my nephew. I flew into Orlando Sun. Feb. 6th. My brother picked me up ( he lives about an hour south of WDW) and he and my nephew and I stayed Sun night in ASMovies. I spent Mon and Tues. night at his house and then Wed. and Thurs. we stayed at the BW. I wonder if we ever crossed paths. I had booked a standard view room but when we got to the room and looked out the balcony, Surprise! Water View! It was awesome! We were 2 rooms away from ESPN. That's my nephew 8 on the balcony.
Cathy
Old 02-20-2011, 03:00 PM   #23
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

I love trip reports from people who live near me! I'm in - let's see it all.

Especially the beer.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:17 PM   #24
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortholablady View Post
Just found your TR. I was actually at the BW 2 of the days you were there and I was with my brother too and my nephew. I flew into Orlando Sun. Feb. 6th. My brother picked me up ( he lives about an hour south of WDW) and he and my nephew and I stayed Sun night in ASMovies. I spent Mon and Tues. night at his house and then Wed. and Thurs. we stayed at the BW. I wonder if we ever crossed paths. I had booked a standard view room but when we got to the room and looked out the balcony, Surprise! Water View! It was awesome! We were 2 rooms away from ESPN. That's my nephew 8 on the balcony.
Cathy

I totally love finding out people were there the same time that I was! I'm always curious to see if people crossed paths with each other along the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
I love trip reports from people who live near me! I'm in - let's see it all.

Especially the beer.

Ha ha, me too! The beer will be coming. Not necessarily pictures, but the consumption of.....
Old 02-20-2011, 06:00 PM   #25
AlwaysPlanning
Mouseketeer

Love to see adults able to take a trip with their siblings. I only wish someday my brother and I will be close again to take a trip together. Well Disney is where Dreams do come true!

Love the Beer your pics makes me thirsty! From one Packer Fan to another and from Chicago thanks for sharing your game at the ESPN club cant wait to read about it.

Did you notice the hidden mickey in the cube? they say it is the cup holders?
WL April 2011
BLT Dec 2010,Dec 2009
CBR-April 2010,Dec 2007
SSR-June 2009
CS-Dec 2008
ASM-Feb 2006

Old 02-20-2011, 06:12 PM   #26
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysPlanning View Post
Love to see adults able to take a trip with their siblings. I only wish someday my brother and I will be close again to take a trip together. Well Disney is where Dreams do come true!

Love the Beer your pics makes me thirsty! From one Packer Fan to another and from Chicago thanks for sharing your game at the ESPN club cant wait to read about it.

Did you notice the hidden mickey in the cube? they say it is the cup holders?

I hope you and your brother will be close enough to take a trip together too! I'm very fortunate.

An update is coming for the game. And I didn't see the hidden Mickey in the cube. But, I wasn't really on the lookout for them.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:31 PM   #27
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

Subbing!!
ME/DH/DS18/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 17 years
Dh,Me,Ds 18,Ds 17

Old 02-20-2011, 06:33 PM   #28
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Day 2 - Sunday Feb. 6, 2011 - Rain, rain, go away!

All righty!

So that beer the night before was just what the doctor ordered, because I was able to get to sleep very quickly and got a good nights sleep overall.

Our plan was to get up early and get to the Animal Kingdom at opening. The forecast had rain in it for the majority of the day, but I was really hoping that it would end up being different. We were able to get out of the room by about 8am, and we headed down to the Boardwalk Bakery.

Jason and I both got ourselves an egg and cheese croissant, and had our mugs filled with coffee. Well, filled is really the wrong word, because they do things a little different at the Boardwalk. See, they don't have a normal food court or drink location like most resorts, so you walk into the bakery, show them your mug, and they give you a cup with your drink. It's the only drawback that the Boardwalk has, because I'm a huge fan of getting use out of my refillable mug.

We were going to quickly eat in the lobby, because it was raining outside and the bakery doesn't have any indoor seating. However, we ran back to the room and ate there, because Jason wanted to put on a long sleeved shirt. The rain was making it a little cold, and he only had on a short sleeved shirt. This was okay with me because I also changed my shoes and decided to wear my running shoes instead, so my feet wouldn't get soaked. We were finally done and ready to go at 8:30am.

Since it was the Animal Kingdom, we decided to take the car. It's a little easier to me, especially with the Animal Kingdom. We managed to get into the first row of parking in the parking lot. Looked like we were going to have a good morning in terms of the crowds. However, it had started raining a little more by this time. Fortunately, I'm always prepared and had made us pack our ponchos in our bags. Good thing. As soon as we got in the park, we put our ponchos on because it was starting to rain more and more. I was a little irritated, because I really wanted this to let up.

Normally, we would go over to Expedition Everest first, but we decided to go to the Safari first, because we weren't in the mood to get pelted in the face with rain. And, the safari always seems to be best when it's raining, because the animals seem to come out more.

Jason was happy to have his poncho on.

The safari was a walk on, and there were lots of Packer fans around. We were wearing our gear to fly our colors for the day. Every cast member we passed throughout the day told us good luck in the game. I love that! Like I'm playing the game myself.

Here are some safari pics. I won't post too many, because as usual, I took way too many of them!

They were really close to the truck!

Don't you try to hide!

Totally grooming

This was on the Pangani forest trail after we got off the safari. Snoozin' away!

Our driver was funny on the safari. There were so many Packer fans on the ride, that he said "wow, that's a lot of Packer fans!" Then we drove past another truck, and he yells and points "look, more Packer fans!"

A funny thing happened when we got to the lion. You couldn't see him, only the tippy top of his head. Well, you couldn't see him, but boy you could sure hear him. He was roaring and making noise constantly! Like he was having a conversation with himself. Jason said that he felt the conversation went something like this:

"Woman."

"Get my food."

"I'm hungry."

"Can't you hear me?"

"Woman?"

It was pretty cool to hear, and that was the first time that's happened to me on the safari.

Once we were done with the safari, the weather was letting up some, so we decided to head over to Expedition Everest.

The wait was only 10 minutes, so it was all good with us. We were ready to take the Yeti home.

Jason had to hold his hand

But the Yeti let go of Jason's hand and ran away!

Cont. in next post.

Last edited by IheartDDuck; 02-20-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:40 PM   #29
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Day 2 - Sunday Feb. 6, 2011 - The Yeti gets punished!

The Yeti ran away from us and decided he wanted to climb Everest himself!

I said, no way Yeti! You're coming back with me! So what choice did Jason and I have then to go to the mountain and get him!

We had to take a train to get there....

But we were ready for this!

There were beautiful sights.

But it was getting high....

A little higher than anticipated!

Oh my god, the tracks are out!!!!!!!

Yeti, Yeti! Come back!!!!

Whew, I got little Yeti back in one piece!!

After that perilous journey, little Yeti was punished for a while! He had to sit in his nice perch in my backpack and think about what he did!

We decided then that we would try to go back in time a little bit. What better than to go back to the cretaceous period?

It was a good journey back, but oh my, that big dino gets awfully close!

Well, we had such a fun filled adventure at the Animal Kingdom! What would the rest of the day hold for us?!

Up next: Downtown Disney and the SUPERBOWL!!!!!
Old 02-20-2011, 06:41 PM   #30
L-Harper
DIS Veteran

I'm joining in too. This is a great trip report so far. You are cracking me up!

Please vote for my photo in the DIS photo contest! {HERE}

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: