Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2011, 08:49 PM   #256
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post

After that, the park was closing up, so it was time for us to start heading back. This ended our last full day in the parks. We did have a morning to enjoy before our flight the next day though.

Up next: We end at Hollywood Studios
Groovy boots!

Walking around World Showcase is a nice ending to a day.

You still have a little time left before that bad bus comes to get you. We will enjoy that!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:10 PM   #257
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Saturday February 12, 2011 - Boo to going home.

The last day. Here is my poem about the last day of Disney.

Disney, I love you, I don't want to go home
Disney, I'll miss you, and I don't mean this as a joke
Disney, I need you, which is why I write this poem
But Disney, if you don't stop taking my money, I will be broke

Lame, I know. But true. I hate going home. If I could stay in Disney forever, I would. But let's face it, I would be broke if I did.

We had done most of our packing the night before. We managed to get all of our stuff ready and down to the resort airline check-in by 8:20am.

And guess whose luggage was overweight.

Mine. By two pounds. I pulled a few things out of there, stuffed them in my carryon, and we were good to go!

I love checking in at the resort. It makes things so much easier, not having to worry about going through the check-in process at the airport.

We were on our way by about 8:30am. We headed over to DHS and had actually forgotten that it was magic hours in the morning. I was excited, because we would be able to go into the park already. Score!

The first place we headed was to TSM. We grabbed fastpasses and then headed over to Fairfax Fare to get some breakfast. Just the right size, since we had a reservation at the Sci Fi Dine-In for lunch.

After that, we decided we would head over to TSM and see about waiting in line. The wait time was posted at 40 minutes, but we weren't too concerned.

I love the ceiling here.

While we were waiting in line, drama ensued. So, in line, Jason realizes that he doesn't have his inhaler. He thinks he left it on the bed at the resort. Great. I thought I had checked everywhere, but I didn't check HIS bed.

Argh.

I always double and triple check, and I thought I had checked everything after him. Apparently not. We were just about to get on the ride when this was happening, so I said that I would call the resort after we got off the ride. This is a pattern with the men in my family. Just have mom or Danielle call. We're not adults that are capable of doing ANYTHING for ourselves.

The ride was good. Who won you ask?

Um, me duh!

I decided to head over to Guest Relations, because I thought that would be easier. It actually was, because the phones they have connect you immediately with someone who can get you to the resort. I got to hospitality at the resort, explained the situation, and she took my number down. She said that she needed to get housekeeping to stop them from cleaning the room. I gave her my number and headed back.

We headed over to the Great Movie Ride.

While we were waiting in line, the CM from hospitality called me back already. She said they found Jason's inhaler and that we could pick it up at the front desk later. I thanked her profusely for helping me out, and I told her we would be by later.

Crisis averted. My mini rant is that it's typical Jason style to do something like this, and then to rely on me to take care of everything. He has pretty severe asthma, and going without his inhaler for a while is not ideal, especially with our flight back around the corner. I was glad I kept it together, because I seriously felt like having a meltdown.

We did get to Munchkinland though!

We had our reservation for Sci-Fi at 11:30am, but decided we would see if we could get in at 11am. They were checking people in early, and they said that a party of two shouldn't be a problem. They were fully booked otherwise. Score!

We were seated right away. We got a car, which made me happy. Jason and I both ordered the cheeseburger and the adult oreo shake. That was really yummy, but a little bit of a letdown. I was hoping for a full size shake, and it was in a small glass.

Lunch was good. After that, we decided that instead of using our fastpasses for TSM, we would head out for the day and go Downtown for some shopping. We also had to run back to the resort to pick up Jason's inhaler. We got the car and headed over to the resort. I parked outside while Jason ran in. There were so many people there!

The entire drop off area was jam packed there. Fortunately, Jason wasn't in there for too long, otherwise I would have felt bad for sitting there.

Then it was off to Downtown Disney. It was pretty busy there too and took a while to find parking. We found a space by Pleasure Island. Jason was on this mission to find the big Lottso for Joaquin. To make a long story short, we didn't find it. I figured that was the case, but you know. He had to check.

We headed over to Goofy's Candy Company. Wouldn't these rice krispie treats be awesome!?

We picked up some snacks for the plane, and then we were on our way. It was a sad moment for me.

We made good time to the airport and went to drop off the car. They noticed a scratch and wanted to report it. Jason told them that the scratch was there when we got the car. They had to file a report. I freaked a little, because I didn't want to be held responsible. They said I wouldn't be though, so I calmed down a bit.

The line for TSA was long, which is normal for MCO. It took us about 30 minutes to get through. Then, I did a stupid.

Took the wrong stupid fake monorail to the wrong stupid terminal.

In my defense, I was heading over like I was flying Southwest, and not AirTran. We figured it out right away and it only wasted about 5 minutes.

Even though we weren't extremely hungry, we ate at Burger King, because it was already 4pm and we didn't want to be starving when we got home. After that, we boarded the plane and were on our way.....for the SCARIEST TAKE OFF EVER!

I'm not a nervous flyer. Not at all. But we took off, and it seriously felt like the pilot was losing control of the plane. We tipped to the left and to the right quite a few times and it was scary as all get out. I've never experienced that before. I have no idea what it was, but it freaked me out.

Before we knew it, we were home. Boo. I hate the end of a trip. I love being home, but I hate having to go back to the daily responsibilities.

Up next: Photopass pictures (finally!), and my thoughts
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2011, 09:13 PM   #258
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Groovy boots!

Walking around World Showcase is a nice ending to a day.

You still have a little time left before that bad bus comes to get you. We will enjoy that!
I know, my boots rock in that picture!
Old 08-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #259
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Beautiful poem, Danielle, just beautiful :') I'm tearing up... please, please, please look away, look away (Hahahaha) Okay, so we're on the last day Always something you don't like to reminisce on or write in a TR, but it seems you got a lot in, so you are ending this trip off nicely (:

Sorry about the missing inhaler. Thank goodness you knew where it was and they found it in that exact spot. I'm guessing this trip wouldn't have been a very happy TR if that had occured

Of course, you beat your brother again on TSM :/ I'm pretty sure you have to be the queen of the ride games at WDW. I mean you seem to figure out away to get the highest score possible... I'm so trying out those tips you gave me :D

Good to see you got a nice meal at SciFi, not a big fan of that place, but I won't go into that. (;

Luckily you got out of studios in time to get back to the resort so Jason could get his inhaler. I'm guessing the crowd only got bigger, right?

Those Rice Krispy Treats look so awesome! I mean, what's better than treats shaped and decorated to look just like Mickey and Minnie? I could totally find myself and my friends trying to buy one hahahaha

Awww... this trip ends at this part? Awww... I'm sorry you didn't have a nice take-off, but at least you made it home safely.

I must say now again (I'll probably say it again on your final update ) I've definitely enjoyed reading your TR and this has probably been the funniest TR I've read yet. Your certain take on things are... just great Glad I joined in when I did
Old 08-06-2011, 08:02 PM   #260
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Oh no on it being the last day Great poem and I think we would all happily live at Disney World if we could afford it!

I knew you would have the highest score at TSM again! Them rice krispie treats look great!
Old 08-06-2011, 10:35 PM   #261
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Beautiful poem, Danielle, just beautiful :') I'm tearing up... please, please, please look away, look away (Hahahaha) Okay, so we're on the last day Always something you don't like to reminisce on or write in a TR, but it seems you got a lot in, so you are ending this trip off nicely (:

Sorry about the missing inhaler. Thank goodness you knew where it was and they found it in that exact spot. I'm guessing this trip wouldn't have been a very happy TR if that had occured

Of course, you beat your brother again on TSM :/ I'm pretty sure you have to be the queen of the ride games at WDW. I mean you seem to figure out away to get the highest score possible... I'm so trying out those tips you gave me :D

Good to see you got a nice meal at SciFi, not a big fan of that place, but I won't go into that. (;

Luckily you got out of studios in time to get back to the resort so Jason could get his inhaler. I'm guessing the crowd only got bigger, right?

Those Rice Krispy Treats look so awesome! I mean, what's better than treats shaped and decorated to look just like Mickey and Minnie? I could totally find myself and my friends trying to buy one hahahaha

Awww... this trip ends at this part? Awww... I'm sorry you didn't have a nice take-off, but at least you made it home safely.

I must say now again (I'll probably say it again on your final update ) I've definitely enjoyed reading your TR and this has probably been the funniest TR I've read yet. Your certain take on things are... just great Glad I joined in when I did
Thanks Timmy! I know, I do have a certain way of looking at things. Glad that I managed to keep it funny in the end.

I was so tired last night when I wrote this that I looked at my ending and was like, oh yeah, I did kind of just end it. Well, it's not really over yet. Not if I can help it.

Glad my poem had you tearing up. That's the way it should be. And do not worry, I looked away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Oh no on it being the last day Great poem and I think we would all happily live at Disney World if we could afford it!

I knew you would have the highest score at TSM again! Them rice krispie treats look great!
The treats look great, don't they! And lucky me, I probably have a mouth big enough to fit them!
Old 08-07-2011, 03:57 PM   #262
SimmerBaggins
DIS Veteran

Once again, you rescue your bro!

Seems like that day was not your best -- the small oreo shake, the inhaler, the wrong faux-norail, and then the plane take-off -- but how can a day that ends up away from WDW be the best?

Anyway, I'm glad to know about the small Oreo shake -- we are thinking of going there and splitting a shake, so definitely want the larger one.

Two moms get away to act like teenagers...or do they? http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2739158
Old 08-07-2011, 04:52 PM   #263
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Boo for the last day. I hear ya, it would be awesome to stay in WDW forever but yeah, I don't know how long I could actually go before going broke. haha

That rice krispie Minnie is huge but it does look really good!

Oh boy, that takeoff does sound scary. I know my mom would've had a heart attack if she were on that plane. She IS a nervous flyer!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 08-07-2011, 06:16 PM   #264
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmerBaggins View Post
Once again, you rescue your bro!

Seems like that day was not your best -- the small oreo shake, the inhaler, the wrong faux-norail, and then the plane take-off -- but how can a day that ends up away from WDW be the best?

Anyway, I'm glad to know about the small Oreo shake -- we are thinking of going there and splitting a shake, so definitely want the larger one.
I know, right?! It seems like I'm always there having the save him in one way or another.

The grown up shake tasted so good, but I was so disappointed with the size. If you order the normal shake, then you should be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Boo for the last day. I hear ya, it would be awesome to stay in WDW forever but yeah, I don't know how long I could actually go before going broke. haha

That rice krispie Minnie is huge but it does look really good!

Oh boy, that takeoff does sound scary. I know my mom would've had a heart attack if she were on that plane. She IS a nervous flyer!
I know, I would be broke in no time if I stayed there any longer.

The takeoff was definitely the scariest one I've had. It will go down in the history books for me. It's good that I'm not nervous about flying, because if I was, this would have definitely done it for me.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:36 AM   #265
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

I have just read right through your report and I LOVED it!

Hilarious! I loved Yeti's antics too. Glad you managed to open your eyes on Forbidden Journey - this is one of my favourite rides. Hurray for getting a Slytherin scarf - I might do the same if we go back!

Can't believe you got a small milkshake at Sci-Fi - it's always the huge drinks there that finish me off!

Jason seems like a hoot - but he's certainly lucky that he has you to look after him!

Can't wait to see the photopass photos!
Old 08-08-2011, 08:11 AM   #266
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaboogie View Post
I have just read right through your report and I LOVED it!

Hilarious! I loved Yeti's antics too. Glad you managed to open your eyes on Forbidden Journey - this is one of my favourite rides. Hurray for getting a Slytherin scarf - I might do the same if we go back!

Can't believe you got a small milkshake at Sci-Fi - it's always the huge drinks there that finish me off!

Jason seems like a hoot - but he's certainly lucky that he has you to look after him!

Can't wait to see the photopass photos!
Thanks! I'm glad that you enjoyed it!

Yeah, Jason is pretty fortunate to have me around to take care of him. He's a lot of fun though, so I guess I can put up with it to an extent.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:33 AM   #267
clearskies
DIS Veteran

Hi Danielle,

I am catching up here as well..

Sorry to see this trip ending but at least I still have your July TR to follow along.

on the poem (It is so true also)

ok, come on fess up....what really is your secret on TSMM. My ineptitude is just not cutting it as I get trounced by my wife each time

I have not bee on the GMR is a looong time but your pics are making me want to give it another shot on my upcoming trip.

glad to see the inhaler crisis was averted by you!

Yikes on the flight home Glad you make it home in one piece.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:25 AM   #268
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearskies View Post
Hi Danielle,

I am catching up here as well..

Sorry to see this trip ending but at least I still have your July TR to follow along.

on the poem (It is so true also)

ok, come on fess up....what really is your secret on TSMM. My ineptitude is just not cutting it as I get trounced by my wife each time

I have not bee on the GMR is a looong time but your pics are making me want to give it another shot on my upcoming trip.

glad to see the inhaler crisis was averted by you!

Yikes on the flight home Glad you make it home in one piece.
I'm sad it's ending too. I still have Photopass pictures though, so we'll have a little while longer.

I figured I wanted to write another poem about the brokeness I encountered at the end of the trip. That will be in my closing thoughts, but I definitely learned my lesson with not opting for the dining plan and eating at so many sit down restaurants.

TSM. There are a few triggers in each of the room that when you shoot certain targets, bigger scoring targets will come. My favorite one (and it's easy to trigger), is in the room with the volcano.

*******SPOILER ALERT******** (Super secret white text. LOL)

There are long balloons on the front of the volcano. If you have to shoot the three of them three times each. Then it will trigger an eruption on the volcano and tons of balloons will come out of the top. If you just aim at the top of the volcano, you can get most of them.

Another is the room with the aliens. In the upper right hand and left hand corners, aliens scoring 5000 points each will appear. You have to look out for them, but they appear pretty regularly.

The same thing happens with the mine cart room. If you shoot the bat above the mine carts, a bat scoring 5000 points will appear.

Then last thing I do is just pull the cord as fast as I can when you get to the final target. Normally at that point, I have lost all feeling in my arm......

*******SPOILER ALERT OVER********

I love the GMR. It's a must do for me. It's cheesy, but it's nice and long, and it breaks up the day nicely. Gives you time to relax.

Most crises can be averted when I'm around!

It's true. Scary scary plane ride.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:50 AM   #269
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Photopass Pics Part 1

Arrival Day 2/5/11 - Epcot

What is with my stank face?!

Now that is some crazy hair!

Um, the photographer wanted us to make funny faces.....

Superbowl Sunday 2/6/11 - Animal Kingdom

Great choice in outfit, right?

Day 3 - Post Superbowl Win - Epcot and Magic Kingdom

Notice our smiling faces?

You know what I'm celebrating!

This was like the only sunny time! (I just realize I miss those sunglasses.....they now reside in the Typhoon Lagoon wave pool).

Yup, we're cool

Don't mess with us....

Old 08-15-2011, 01:36 PM   #270
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Great PP pics!

Lol at the hair not behaving itself - am dreading having to control mine in the heat!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: