Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2011, 03:50 PM   #211
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Joining in!

I've already caught up and I must tell you this is the funniest TR I've yet to read. Your little Yeti friend is so funny! I think he just adds to the laughs. You just seem to know when to put in sarcasm and went to leave it out. And seriously, can you teach me how to get a high score on Buzz Lightyear? I fail epically. I know the whole trick, but still my fails are awful. :/ And I'm sorry Space Mountain was closed for most of your day, it is one of my favorites and I could never go Space Mountain-less.

I can't wait to read more!

Old 06-12-2011, 08:09 PM   #212
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Great updates!

Jason made a good choice with the hoodie.

Lol at just wanting to get a pic of Donald - looks like you got the obligatory shot!

It's a shame Space Mountain was closed though you lucked out with the shots you got on the people mover - they sure look cool

Yay at being top on Buzz again and I laughed at the excuse! I'll prob be using it myself in September!

Great pics of WTP queue and your meal at Tony's looks great as well.
I though Jason made a pretty good choice with his hoodie. See, Jason is kind of like a chick, so it takes him FOREVER to pick one. I probably should have included that in my retelling of the story. By the time I took all the pictures, and he kept going back and forth, I was like "seriously dude, pick one!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Joining in!

I've already caught up and I must tell you this is the funniest TR I've yet to read. Your little Yeti friend is so funny! I think he just adds to the laughs. You just seem to know when to put in sarcasm and went to leave it out. And seriously, can you teach me how to get a high score on Buzz Lightyear? I fail epically. I know the whole trick, but still my fails are awful. :/ And I'm sorry Space Mountain was closed for most of your day, it is one of my favorites and I could never go Space Mountain-less.

I can't wait to read more!

I'm so happy to have a new reader!

Thank you so much for thinking I'm funny. Anyone who knows me very well knows that I am very sarcastic normally, so I guess translating it to the TR should be natural.

The Yeti just came from seeing other people have mascots on their TR's. Mine is just naughty. On my upcoming July trip, we will likely be joined by a naughty Ewok (in honor of the new Star Tours and because Yeti is now on a serious time out due to his shenanigans).

Buzz Lightyear......one of the tricks is being a totally competitive loser, which I happen to be. I hate losing. Hate it, with a passion. I was that kid that you never wanted to play with your kids, because they would inevitably start crying because I was so competitive. Anyway, I digress. The biggest trick is knowing where the targets are that are high scoring, having control of the vehicle (I suggest riding alone for maximum scoring capability), and learning to time the sound of your laser to the actual blinking of the laser beam. Then you'll know where it is and where it's hitting (and always aim for the bottom of Zurg's ship in the 2nd to last room before the picture. That one always works).

Do I sound like a big dork yet?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2011, 08:47 PM   #213
SimmerBaggins
DIS Veteran

Yay, awesome, awesome TR, Danielle! Of course, I skipped a lot of other people's ooo's and ahhh's to get through quicker -- but you have a great knack for story-telling (& picture taking).

Two moms get away to act like teenagers...or do they? http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2739158
Old 06-13-2011, 08:56 PM   #214
PlutosRHM55

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post

I'm so happy to have a new reader!

Thank you so much for thinking I'm funny. Anyone who knows me very well knows that I am very sarcastic normally, so I guess translating it to the TR should be natural.

The Yeti just came from seeing other people have mascots on their TR's. Mine is just naughty. On my upcoming July trip, we will likely be joined by a naughty Ewok (in honor of the new Star Tours and because Yeti is now on a serious time out due to his shenanigans).

Buzz Lightyear......one of the tricks is being a totally competitive loser, which I happen to be. I hate losing. Hate it, with a passion. I was that kid that you never wanted to play with your kids, because they would inevitably start crying because I was so competitive. Anyway, I digress. The biggest trick is knowing where the targets are that are high scoring, having control of the vehicle (I suggest riding alone for maximum scoring capability), and learning to time the sound of your laser to the actual blinking of the laser beam. Then you'll know where it is and where it's hitting (and always aim for the bottom of Zurg's ship in the 2nd to last room before the picture. That one always works).

Do I sound like a big dork yet?
Thanks! I pretty much live and breathe TRs now, so it's always nice to be welcomed into one (:

Oh, yeah... I've seen them many times. I wonder if I should bring one on my next trip Haha... Can't wait to see how Mr. Ewok holds up to his predecessor Yeti (;

Oh thanks! Now I can totally get my friend back for when she got the "highest score possible" when I'm pretty sure her shooter was broken on Buzz. I think I need to make a notebook just for TRs for things like this. And you totally don't sound like a dork

Old 06-13-2011, 08:59 PM   #215
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Day 5 - Wednesday Feb. 9, 2011 - Spend that money honey!!

I love very few things in life. Disney, food, and shopping. Well, let's just say that on this trip, I satisfied many of my loves. So after eating at Tony's, we headed back to the room for a little relaxation before heading to Downtown Disney.

I wish this trip it would have been warmer. Otherwise I would have been sitting by the pool to relax instead of in the room. If I was braver, I would have done that anyway, but I do happen to like my extremities and didn't want to lose any to frostbite.

Jason fell asleep when we got back to the room. On top of all the issues he had been having, he said he felt like he was getting a bit of a cold.

Wah, wah! Sense a pattern here? So like little mommy that I am, I bought him some overpriced Robitussin at the sundries store and made him hammer it. He hammered that shot the other night, he can certainly hammer some medicine!

Before we left for this trip, my co-workers had a little graduation party for me and got me $125 Disney gift card for graduating from graduate school (wow, that sounds so redundant!). They know me so well. I was bouncing back and forth. I thought about a Dooney and Bourke, but I don't know. I never found one that I wanted to have enough to spend the money on. Maybe this trip would inspire me....

Plus I had to return the shirt to TrenD that had a hole in it. Very sad. We parked on the West Side and started there working the other direction. First stop was D-Street. On top of being a total Disney loser in general, I am also a Vinylmation loser. I think I have found the key to preventing duplicates (in many cases). If you are interested in knowing, PM me. I don't want to get busted by the Disney Secret Service by revealing their government secrets.....

I bought several, and did pretty well. Jason got two as well, and they were Star Wars. I told him, like any good sibling would, that the ones he opened are his, and if mine end up being better than his, he can just suck it!

Jason got.....

Sorry if some of the pictures are bright. I was messing with the flash in the room. Stormtrooper is cool. Lando......kinda dumb......

I got.....

Boba Fett totally trumps Stormtrooper and Lando combined.

I rock.

I also got....

That was a total score!

When I first got it, I was like, huh?

Peter....meh.

For my mom

Shirt I bought earlier in the Magic Kingdom.

Oh my god, oh my god, I do have a picture of my totally rockin' hoodie!!

And the best thing. What I spent my $125 gift cards on.

Ta da!!!!!!

I thought it was a pretty good choice. I love it. Everyone says that it's totally me. I couldn't agree more.

That I bought at World of Disney. I looked at Dooney and Bourke, but none of them struck me (or flew off the shelf at me).

While we were walking back through Pleasure Island, we saw this lady.

She was pretty cool. Never seen her before. Now, if you ask me, I would rather have a nightclub at Pleasure Island than this chick, but you know, that's just me (and most other people I've talked to!).

After all this walking, we decided we were hungry. Well, Beaches and Cream was calling me again. I really wanted that burger. Wait, let's all look at it again!

Mmmmmm........

And..

So yeah, we totally ate there again. I got the burger, Jason got a hot dog, and we shared the No Way Jose. We learned our lesson from the last time.

When we walked back to the hotel, I went to the community center to rent a movie. I got a few, but ended up watching Lilo and Stitch. Love it!

Jason took my camera and decided that he wanted to be artsy fartsy with it, so he took these pictures. They're cool, but no one can tell him that!

Then it was bed time!

Up Next: I have clobbered Jason twice on Buzz Lightyear. Will I win out on TSM? Or will this be me.....

You don't have to send me a comment. He's just awesome! And that's totally my angry face!!!
Old 06-13-2011, 09:07 PM   #216
PlutosRHM55

Those are some pretty awesome Vinylmations! (: I've been very wishy-washy about starting to collect them since I already do Pin trading and I still don't understand how the trading goes, but they do look cool... maybe one or two? Haha and what is with the sock puppet dude, Peter and Buzz??? Like throwing off the theme there, unless this was just a totally random set. See I don't understand these things LOL And why must more people taunt me with Beaches & Cream?!?! I MUST GO THERE!! I think that will get me to shut up, since this TR has shut me up on a lot of things (like Buzz)...

And for some reason this--

Quote:
Reminds me of the line from Tangled, where Rapunzel goes "I will use this!" and shoves the pan in Flynn's face. I don't know why but it does.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:03 PM   #217
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmerBaggins View Post
Yay, awesome, awesome TR, Danielle! Of course, I skipped a lot of other people's ooo's and ahhh's to get through quicker -- but you have a great knack for story-telling (& picture taking).

Hey, no worries on skipping other people's responses. I have to admit I do that a lot of times too. Glad that you are enjoying the TR and thank you for saying that I tell a good story,

Quote:
Thanks! I pretty much live and breathe TRs now, so it's always nice to be welcomed into one (:

Oh, yeah... I've seen them many times. I wonder if I should bring one on my next trip Haha... Can't wait to see how Mr. Ewok holds up to his predecessor Yeti (;

Oh thanks! Now I can totally get my friend back for when she got the "highest score possible" when I'm pretty sure her shooter was broken on Buzz. I think I need to make a notebook just for TRs for things like this. And you totally don't sound like a dork
You should totally do a mascot for your next trip! My plan is to make my mascot do more silly things!

Quote:
Those are some pretty awesome Vinylmations! (: I've been very wishy-washy about starting to collect them since I already do Pin trading and I still don't understand how the trading goes, but they do look cool... maybe one or two? Haha and what is with the sock puppet dude, Peter and Buzz??? Like throwing off the theme there, unless this was just a totally random set. See I don't understand these things LOL And why must more people taunt me with Beaches & Cream?!?! I MUST GO THERE!! I think that will get me to shut up, since this TR has shut me up on a lot of things (like Buzz)...

And for some reason this--

Reminds me of the line from Tangled, where Rapunzel goes "I will use this!" and shoves the pan in Flynn's face. I don't know why but it does.
And I will continue to taunt you with beaches and cream......not really I am not that mean. The vinylmations were from all different collections that's why they were kind of all over the place. Just start with a few. I never got into pins but I do like vinylmations.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:23 AM   #218
MeMom
DIS Veteran

The one and only time we have eaten in Beaches and Cream, we loved it! There is no way I could have finished that Jose alone, though. It's a 'sharer', for sure!

We checked out the Winnie the Pooh queue in March, but I guess we missed the bees or they didn't have them. We'll have to look again in July. Maybe we'll check it out early in the morning before they are all taken. What are they like?
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:24 AM   #219
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
The one and only time we have eaten in Beaches and Cream, we loved it! There is no way I could have finished that Jose alone, though. It's a 'sharer', for sure!

We checked out the Winnie the Pooh queue in March, but I guess we missed the bees or they didn't have them. We'll have to look again in July. Maybe we'll check it out early in the morning before they are all taken. What are they like?
I don't know the best way to describe them, but I'll try.

You know those toys you give kids to play with that have wood bottoms and then a plastic "course" that they slide one end of the ball from to the other? They loop around and such. The bee is the same thing. They are attached to the metal rod, but you can slide it from one end to the other. Many of the kids grabbed bunches of them, instead of just sliding one.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:41 PM   #220
PlutosRHM55

Quote:
You should totally do a mascot for your next trip! My plan is to make my mascot do more silly things!
Well, based off yours, I probably will now. I just need to decide which one. Hmm... when I start my PTR I definitely will and the thing is, the trip isn't starting until awhile *points to countdown in siggy* Haha

Quote:
And I will continue to taunt you with beaches and cream......not really I am not that mean. The vinylmations were from all different collections that's why they were kind of all over the place. Just start with a few. I never got into pins but I do like vinylmations.
----> Well I think I've been taunted enough that I'm starting to get used to it, teehee (:

Quote:
The vinylmations were from all different collections that's why they were kind of all over the place. Just start with a few. I never got into pins but I do like vinylmations.
OOOOHHHH... totally makes more sense now. I may just buy a few, but I think pins is my thing and I rather not do both, based on the fact, I won't be down quite as often as many on here...

Old 06-14-2011, 09:21 PM   #221
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't know the best way to describe them, but I'll try.

You know those toys you give kids to play with that have wood bottoms and then a plastic "course" that they slide one end of the ball from to the other? They loop around and such. The bee is the same thing. They are attached to the metal rod, but you can slide it from one end to the other. Many of the kids grabbed bunches of them, instead of just sliding one.
Oh, I was thinking you were saying it was something you could take with you. I understand now.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:09 PM   #222
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, based off yours, I probably will now. I just need to decide which one. Hmm... when I start my PTR I definitely will and the thing is, the trip isn't starting until awhile *points to countdown in siggy* Haha

----> Well I think I've been taunted enough that I'm starting to get used to it, teehee (:

OOOOHHHH... totally makes more sense now. I may just buy a few, but I think pins is my thing and I rather not do both, based on the fact, I won't be down quite as often as many on here...
I would definitely say avoid the vinylmations if you don't want a habit. If you're going to only buy a few go for the ones that you can see in the packaging not the hidden ones. It's the hidden ones that create the addiction because you just have to try to get the stinkin' on you want!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Oh, I was thinking you were saying it was something you could take with you. I understand now.
Yeah I could totally get how what I said could have been misleading. Silly me. The track is pretty long so you kind of take them with you in line and then it ends where you started.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:37 PM   #223
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Cool vinylmations - esp the Buzz one!

Love all the purchases you made! Hope you win on TSMM and mmmm at that No Way Jose!!
Old 06-15-2011, 02:54 PM   #224
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Cool vinylmations - esp the Buzz one!

Love all the purchases you made! Hope you win on TSMM and mmmm at that No Way Jose!!
I was so stoked about the Buzz one, I'm not going to lie!
Old 06-15-2011, 07:15 PM   #225
PlutosRHM55

Quote:
I would definitely say avoid the vinylmations if you don't want a habit. If you're going to only buy a few go for the ones that you can see in the packaging not the hidden ones. It's the hidden ones that create the addiction because you just have to try to get the stinkin' on you want!
Good to know (:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: