Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2011, 06:03 PM   #196
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
It's great that you got so much done with coming to MK early!

I'm also glad to hear your stomach was settled before riding BTMRR this time round!
Yup, that's a definite benefit to going to eat breakfast at the Magic Kingdom early. There really is no one there yet.

I certainly did not want a Universal repeat with my stomach.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:16 PM   #197
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

I followed your link from my report to yours. I am going to go back and read now.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2011, 06:28 PM   #198
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
I followed your link from my report to yours. I am going to go back and read now.

Welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy reading!
Old 06-05-2011, 08:23 PM   #199
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

All caught up. You were right that day you went to Universal was soooo cold. I know I wore my gloves almost all day that day.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:30 PM   #200
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
All caught up. You were right that day you went to Universal was soooo cold. I know I wore my gloves almost all day that day.
It really was! And we were so much in denial about it, plus I really didn't want to spend a lot of money on sweatshirts that I would never wear again.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:33 PM   #202
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Loving your TR !! Can't wait to read more !!! We go in 10 more days. We are staying at OKW. I really wanted to stay at the Boardwalk, but OKW is all they had for renting DVC points. Sorry about your grandma. I hope she is doing better.
Thanks!

I'm so jealous that you're going in 10 more days! I love OKW myself. Their rooms are really big, which I love.

Thanks very much about my Grandma. She is doing much better and getting stronger day by day.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:48 PM   #203
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

MEH! I was so far behind!

So sorry to hear about your grandma, and glad to hear she's doing better!

I so love early mornings in an empty MK. If just feels so much more magical when there aren't a ton of other people around!

Hmmm.... That cream cheese french toast looks totally delish! What's the red stuff? Is is cherry or strawberry?

Good thing the Yetti was restrained. I can't imagine what kind of trouble he and Jason would have gotten into
Old 06-08-2011, 08:03 PM   #204
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_Joanna_eggs View Post
MEH! I was so far behind!

So sorry to hear about your grandma, and glad to hear she's doing better!

I so love early mornings in an empty MK. If just feels so much more magical when there aren't a ton of other people around!

Hmmm.... That cream cheese french toast looks totally delish! What's the red stuff? Is is cherry or strawberry?

Good thing the Yetti was restrained. I can't imagine what kind of trouble he and Jason would have gotten into
It was strawberry cream cheese french toast. Mmmmm.....
Old 06-11-2011, 11:22 AM   #205
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Day 5 - Wednesday Feb. 9, 2011 - Now paging Mr. Tom Morrow......

So we left off just having survived a runaway train ride.

Whew!

We decided that if luck was with us that we could survive the runaway train, then we most certainly could survive a visit with the pirates in Tortuga!

I was really hopeful this would not end up being us.....

Silly me, of course it wouldn't.......Jason and I don't play checkers!

Since we made it through Tortuga arrived, we decided that we better stop to pick up some booty. We wanted to make sure we were prepared for the upcoming days, because it was a little colder then anticipated. Jason was not well prepared for it, that's for sure. So he modeled for me, so he could make a choice.....

So which one did he choose?

I bought myself one too, but for some reason, I don't have a picture of it right now. Hmmmm.......

After that, we walked over to Tomorrowland to finish up a few things. On the way, we noticed that Dream Along with Mickey was going, so I stopped to take a couple of pictures.

Well, really I was just trying to get a picture of Donald more than anything else.

We walked over to the Peoplemover and decided to take a ride around. A good way to get some relaxing in.

Obligatory foot picture on the Peoplemover.

Jason seemed pretty relaxed. But face is saying "another picture!?" though.

We noticed that Space Mountain seemed to be closed.

Hmm, I guess that ruins our plans for later.

I haven't done this ride in years!

We lucked out on our way into Space Mountain on the Peoplemover, because the lights were all on! Pretty cool pictures if I say so myself.

After that, we went back on Buzz Lightyear. Jason still wanted to beat me. Well......

Jason's score

My score *cough*

So we get off the ride, and Jason starts saying how he wasn't able to see his light beam, and that's why his score was so low.

After this, it was over to the Laugh Floor.

We had a really great crowd! They were all screaming in the appropriate places and laughing along, so it made the show that much better.

Then we went on....

I know a lot of people don't like this ride, but I don't have a problem with it. I find the Stitch animatronic to be very lifelike, and I think that's the main reason I like riding it.

We checked Space Mountain one more time and it was still closed. We figured at that point that it might be closed for the majority of the day the way it was looking.

Continued in next post.....
Old 06-11-2011, 11:38 AM   #206
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Day 5 - Wednesday Feb. 9, 2011 - Mmmmm, Tony's.......

After we established that Space Mountain wouldn't be opening anytime soon, we decided to head back into Fantasyland. I wanted to check out the new queue for Winnie the Pooh. So off we went.

I love this topiary. "Curiouser and curiouser."

Eeyore's house. I think that we should get one for my oldest brother Chris, since Eeyore is his nickname.

Overall I think that the interactive queue is a really good idea. Kids that were waiting in line were definitely entertained. I didn't get to take a picture of the bees though, because there were so many kids around them. Anyone who's seen the new queue will know what I'm talking about. I'm serious though, parents need to limit the number of bees children should take and no one does it. One kid had all of the bees, and there was a whole slew of children behind him that had nothing. Their faces were so disappointed.

After that, I took some pictures around Fantasyland of the planned construction.

The Beast's castle was making progress.

After this we headed to Mickey's Philharmagic. My favorite! And probably will be for a while.

We were getting hungry at this point and our 1:30 reservation at Tony's was approaching. We ended up making it there early, but we were checked in and seated immediately. Our breakfast, while delicious, had worn off at this point, and we were ready for some lunch.

We ordered zucchini fingers for an appetizer. It was really good with tomato / basil aioli.

Cute restaurant.

I ordered the chicken florentine calzone.

Jason had Tony's flatbread.

We were both very happy with our choices. We opted out of dessert because we were so full from lunch. I love lunch at Tony's and recommend it for anyone.

We discussed during lunch changing a few of our plans up. We decided to go back to Universal on Friday instead of Thursday. After lunch, our time at the Magic Kingdom was finished.

Up Next: Shopping!
Old 06-11-2011, 03:30 PM   #207
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Great MK update! Looks like you got a lot done. I think it's funny your brother thinks his score was so low...that's probably like the highest I've ever gotten (or maybe my highest is only 200,000...I can't remember).

Mmm, Tony's is so good. Glad you enjoyed it.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 06-11-2011, 04:08 PM   #208
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Nice update! The food at Tonys looks good even though we didn't enjoy our meal there several years ago! I think I might have to try it again
Old 06-11-2011, 08:09 PM   #209
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Great MK update! Looks like you got a lot done. I think it's funny your brother thinks his score was so low...that's probably like the highest I've ever gotten (or maybe my highest is only 200,000...I can't remember).

Mmm, Tony's is so good. Glad you enjoyed it.
Ha ha, yeah the only reason our scores are so good is because we're giant losers that have nothing better to do at Disney but to compete with each other on Buzz Lightyear.

Jason would be upset with any score he got if it was lower than mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Nice update! The food at Tonys looks good even though we didn't enjoy our meal there several years ago! I think I might have to try it again
I would suggest going back, but eating there for lunch. We had a not great experience for dinner there a few years back, but decided to go for lunch and were very happy.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:26 PM   #210
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Great updates!

Jason made a good choice with the hoodie.

Lol at just wanting to get a pic of Donald - looks like you got the obligatory shot!

It's a shame Space Mountain was closed though you lucked out with the shots you got on the people mover - they sure look cool

Yay at being top on Buzz again and I laughed at the excuse! I'll prob be using it myself in September!

Great pics of WTP queue and your meal at Tony's looks great as well.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: