Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2011, 08:09 PM   #181
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Looks like a good time at CRT. If you can believe it, I'VE NEVER EATEN THERE! yes! Even though I worked at BBB in the castle and been to WDW how many times in my life, I've never eaten at CRT. It is on my bucket list of course haha.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:49 PM   #182
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Glad everything is going better for you.

How awesome to see Main Street so empty! That was one thing I kept thinking about when we were trying to decide between Chef Mickey's or the Crystal Palace...getting there before opening! I agree about the character interactions. They are a lot different when you have kids, but oh well. We still had fun at our breakfast.

Looking forward to hearing more about MK!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2011, 12:15 AM   #183
manning
Just for that I have requested it be left open!!!
We each have a sore spot....My butt and her right foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCWDWMEMBER View Post
I wanted to give everyone an update on my mom and Danielle's grandma. We were able to get her in the Rehab center right down the road from us. My brother and his wife did volunteer to help out once mom comes home. Her focus is on getting out of rehab and home something that we all also hope to see soon. The stroke caused her left side to be affected so she has a hard time walking still and lifting her left arm. Her short term memory has also been affected. We are hoping to have her home very soon. Thank you so much for all the thoughts and prayers Danielle and I truly appreciate it.
Don't dispair, it's amazing what the body can do if you work at it. I had a mild stroke last May AND open heart surgery. At first it was hard to do anything. At the very first I couldn't walk. Now, I walk with a cane and brace and am starting to walk with a cane and no brace. If she works at it and refuses to give up you will be surprised what she will be able to do. Tell her she will surprise herself.

It's those who give up and don't try who don't do well.

The trouble with stroke recovery is it is slow and gradual. You think you are not making progress, but you are.

Best wishes
Old 05-08-2011, 07:25 AM   #184
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Am glad to see you back and hear that everything is getting back to normal!

Love the review of the CRT breakfast! Now, you are making me want to make a ressie there as well - just for the cream cheese stuffed french toast!

Love the empty pics of MK and that the yeti was super excited to be there as well!

I think Zaheer will be the same as Jason with the Princesses - I may get one shot but that will probably be it!
Old 05-08-2011, 07:41 AM   #185
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post

The funny thing with the princesses is that they thought Jason was my night in shining armor or prince charming. I had to explain that he wasn't, that he was just my brother. I guess we're a little strange being siblings and traveling together.
I think it's great that you travel with your brother. We have a DIS friend named Nicole who goes with her brother often, and they have a blast together!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:00 AM   #186
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm glad to hear your Grandma is doing better!

I love your castle pics...I might actually borrow one for my desktop background, if you don't mind!

CRT looks so cute, and I really want an excuse to eat in the castle, but I'm just not sure if Brandon would like it! Although, the stuffed french toast might convince him!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 05-08-2011, 05:09 PM   #187
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Looks like a good time at CRT. If you can believe it, I'VE NEVER EATEN THERE! yes! Even though I worked at BBB in the castle and been to WDW how many times in my life, I've never eaten at CRT. It is on my bucket list of course haha.
That's pretty funny that you've never eaten there before! I think you're going to have to do it soon. Just to say that you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Glad everything is going better for you.

How awesome to see Main Street so empty! That was one thing I kept thinking about when we were trying to decide between Chef Mickey's or the Crystal Palace...getting there before opening! I agree about the character interactions. They are a lot different when you have kids, but oh well. We still had fun at our breakfast.

Looking forward to hearing more about MK!
That's the one thing I love about going to MK for breakfast too. It's so nice being there early with no one else around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manning View Post
Don't dispair, it's amazing what the body can do if you work at it. I had a mild stroke last May AND open heart surgery. At first it was hard to do anything. At the very first I couldn't walk. Now, I walk with a cane and brace and am starting to walk with a cane and no brace. If she works at it and refuses to give up you will be surprised what she will be able to do. Tell her she will surprise herself.

It's those who give up and don't try who don't do well.

The trouble with stroke recovery is it is slow and gradual. You think you are not making progress, but you are.

Best wishes
Thanks very much for your kind words. She is doing much better. I just hope that she stays stubborn about it and continues to put in the effort required to keep on making progress. She was not active before this, and I'm hoping that she doesn't revert back to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Am glad to see you back and hear that everything is getting back to normal!

Love the review of the CRT breakfast! Now, you are making me want to make a ressie there as well - just for the cream cheese stuffed french toast!

Love the empty pics of MK and that the yeti was super excited to be there as well!

I think Zaheer will be the same as Jason with the Princesses - I may get one shot but that will probably be it!
Oh, it's totally worth it just for the french toast! It is pretty expensive though, which is why I don't go there very often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I think it's great that you travel with your brother. We have a DIS friend named Nicole who goes with her brother often, and they have a blast together!
I love traveling with Jason. It just always make me laugh because we always have to explain that we are brother and sister, not married or boyfriend and girlfriend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm glad to hear your Grandma is doing better!

I love your castle pics...I might actually borrow one for my desktop background, if you don't mind!

CRT looks so cute, and I really want an excuse to eat in the castle, but I'm just not sure if Brandon would like it! Although, the stuffed french toast might convince him!
You can totally borrow a picture!

Sometimes it is difficult to get a guy to go along to eat in the castle. The experience is nice though, and the food is good, so in my opinion it makes it worth it.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:32 AM   #188
clearskies
DIS Veteran

Hi Danielle,

Glad to see you back and happy to hear that situation with your Grandma got a bit better.

Awesome to see your pictures of a relatively empty Magic Kingdom. That also make the exorbitant cream cheese french toast breakfast more justifiable. I especially love the "Lovely Shot". You get a big for that picture.

Boy for the price you do pay for that breakfast I would expect that you could get a bit more. I agree that it seems a bit chintzy. I hope there was a little for the Yeti to get some sustenance.

Looking forward to the rest of the Magic Kingdom.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:45 PM   #189
manning
Just for that I have requested it be left open!!!
We each have a sore spot....My butt and her right foot

Just a suggestion.

Your mother is diabetic and had a stroke. These two things increases the chances of another stroke. Stroke alone by up to 40%.

See if you can get her supplemental medicare insurance. It has saved me a ton of money.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #190
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Hi guys!

All right, things in my life have finally slowed down and I should have an update sometime soon.

My grandma is home from the rehab center and is doing pretty well. We've all taken some time off to care for her at home to make sure she's okay to be alone. She's continuing physical therapy a few days a week.

I will finish this TR. Thanks so much to everyone for hanging in there with me.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:48 PM   #191
NancyLuvsMickey
Mouseketeer

Glad grandma is home and doing good!!!

Can't wait to read more of your TR...
Old 06-05-2011, 11:14 AM   #192
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Day 5 - Wednesday Feb. 9, 2011 - Donald Crockett!!!!

So we left off at our finishing our breakfast with the princesses. The food was very good, but I don't know if I would do it again with just adults. Well, I say that now, but we all know that will change down the road.

The bonus to getting seated early was that we made it out of the castle early, and managed to make it in the park at 9am, right after the gates had opened. What timing.

The first thing we did was what any other self respecting adult should do when in the Magic Kingdom at 9am........go ride......

Yup, go ride Peter Pan! Under most circumstances, you need a fastpass. However, since we were so early, it was a walk on!

We managed to make it through Neverland all in one piece, although a few times I was tempted to shove Jason out of the pirate ship......

After that, our next stop was the Haunted Mansion, my favorite. Maybe I go on all the time because I'm hopeful that I get to stay behind as the 1,000th haunt. Live in Disney World? You bet!

Not many pictures though, because the construction walls were up for the interactive queue. I did get my Mr. Toad picture though.

Rest in peace Mr. Toad. I miss you and your ride to h-e-double hockey sticks.

After we made it out alive, we started heading into Frontierland. And what should happen? We run into Donald Crockett! With no one around.

Well, I could never leave Donald alone, so I snapped a pic.

I have a photopass picture, which I'll post later. He was so cute! *sigh* I'm telling you Daisy, you've got some competition from me.....

We decided to take a spin around Thunder Mountain at that point. Now, just so everyone knows, I did learn my lesson from the day before and I was sure my stomach had settled before I was stupid enough to get on a ride that would jostle me around......we don't want any yogurt incidents again.

I think Jason was thinking about lighting something.......

And I was scared for our train. Jason is not well trained in the handling of explosives....

I made sure the Yeti was in his proper place though. Jason is shady enough with wanting to light something, but add the Yeti.....I don't know what I was doing coming on this trip with just the two of them......

Up Next: TORTUGA!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2011, 04:59 PM   #193
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

Hi, all caught up, what a beautiful MK morning! I had never heard of cheese cream stuffed french toast, could it be the new tonga?

I love the photos with the princesses! I've read a couple of other trip reports where Ariel gets a thumbs up for good interaction! I would love seeing gus gus too! I think he's the funniest disney character ever!

Sorry to hear about your grandma, hope things are looking up...
Old 06-05-2011, 05:26 PM   #194
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdancer86 View Post
Hi, all caught up, what a beautiful MK morning! I had never heard of cheese cream stuffed french toast, could it be the new tonga?

I love the photos with the princesses! I've read a couple of other trip reports where Ariel gets a thumbs up for good interaction! I would love seeing gus gus too! I think he's the funniest disney character ever!

Sorry to hear about your grandma, hope things are looking up...
Oh, cream cheese stuffed french toast is the best! Maybe it is the new tonga????

Ariel is one of my favorites, because she's just so stinkin' cute. Seeing Gus Gus would definitely be a lot of fun.

My grandma is doing much better, thanks for asking. She's home now, and things have definitely been looking up.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:00 PM   #195
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

It's great that you got so much done with coming to MK early!

I'm also glad to hear your stomach was settled before riding BTMRR this time round!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: