Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2011, 04:52 PM   #166
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearskies View Post
Hi Danielle, I am catching up. We LOVED the Mummy. I wish it was longer as well. Oh boy, you are a lot braver than I to go on Rip Ride Rockit. Even without the pre-boarding snack option you had it is one scary looking ride. Next time we head over to Universal I am going to pop some dramamine or bonnie first. OK, I am a ninny but hey at least I kept my eyes open on FJ

Boma is the best. My favorite buffet on property. Unfortunately I can't eat the desserts so I'll have to live vicariously though the Yeti.
You are right, you did keep your eyes open on FJ.

RRR is a great ride. Definitely try to make it on the next time you're there. It's really not as intense as it looks. However, everyone shouldn't necessarily listen to me on that. I have been to Cedar Point several times, so I've been on Top Thrill Dragster. Just Google it and you'll know what I'm talking about.

That's a shame that you can't have the desserts! Honestly, if I couldn't have desserts, I don't know what I'd do with myself!
Old 04-03-2011, 09:45 PM   #167
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Playing catch up! I remember the Mummy ride being super short too. And my dad and sisters saying "that's it?!" when we got off. haha Holy cow, I don't think I'd be able to do that roller coaster!

Mmm, those desserts look yummy. Love the zebra domes!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2011, 11:53 AM   #168
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

WOW! You guys really had a busy day at Universal!!! It definitely sounds like motion sickness waiting to happen though!

LOVE Boma! DH, not as much! But he can suck it up! Can't wait to hear about your breakfast!
Old 04-16-2011, 03:36 PM   #169
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Playing catch up! I remember the Mummy ride being super short too. And my dad and sisters saying "that's it?!" when we got off. haha Holy cow, I don't think I'd be able to do that roller coaster!

Mmm, those desserts look yummy. Love the zebra domes!
Yeah, the Mummy always feels like a small letdown, because it's so short. I remember the very first time I rode it, I was like, it's over?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
WOW! You guys really had a busy day at Universal!!! It definitely sounds like motion sickness waiting to happen though!

LOVE Boma! DH, not as much! But he can suck it up! Can't wait to hear about your breakfast!
If I was more inclined towards motion sickness, it definitely would have been a recipe for disaster. Fortunately, it all worked out in the.

Hopefully I'll have an update soon. Too much going on with work right now. I have virtually no time to myself right now.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:25 PM   #170
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Real Life Update

Hi guys,
I haven't been on in a while, but I wanted to stop by to give everyone a real life update.

My Grandma suffered a minor stroke. She has been in the hospital for the last few days, and we're unsure when she's going to be released. Tuesday was the beginning of this for us, and it's just been a rough week. My mom went to get her mail on Tuesday (she lives next door to us), like she always does, and noticed that her side door was locked. This is not normal for her.

So, my mom grabbed the key to check on her. She found she had been in bed all day long. It was now 4pm. My mom called the paramedics because she was acting strange and incoherent. The paramedics came, did all of the checks, and said she seemed okay. That perhaps because she hadn't taken her normal diabetes and blood pressure medication that this created the problem. They advised she did not need to go to the hospital. Being stubborn as she is, she didn't want to go.

Wednesday she was okay. A little out of it, but okay.

Yesterday, I went to check on her in the morning before I left for work. Her side door was locked again. I grabbed the key and found her lying on the floor in the living room. She was awake, but very confused. I didn't know if she fell or how long she had been there. I called 911 right away and called my mom as well. The paramedics came and stated she should go to the emergency room.

After running a series of tests they were still inconclusive, so they admitted her to the hospital for more testing. Today, the results showed she had a mild stroke. She needs physical therapy, and as it stands right now, likely cannot live alone anymore. It has been very stressful trying to come up with solutions for everything.

My mom was able to work with her wonderful employer and they agreed to allow her to work from home temporarily. I will also be checking with mine to see if I can work from home once a week.

A long story I know, but it has been such a stressful few days, I just wanted to get it all off my chest. My mom is taking this so hard, and I worry about her. It's like the whole world is on her shoulders. My uncle and aunt (mom's brother), has not even volunteered to be of any assistance in all of this. It's like they think it will just solve itself.

Thanks for listening and keep us in your thoughts.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:41 PM   #171
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Sorry to hear all of that I hope things will get better soon for your family! I'm here for you and you're in my thoughts and prayers!
Old 04-23-2011, 05:56 PM   #172
AprilRenee
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry for what you're dealing with! That's hard!

Pre Trip Report
Photobooks/TR linked below
May 2010 POP(Photobook); January 2011 ASMu (TR); January 2012 POP(Photobook)
Old 04-24-2011, 07:11 AM   #173
NancyLuvsMickey
Mouseketeer

Hugs to you and sending pixie dust and prayers to grandma for a quick recovery...

Sorry Mom has to do everything herself and her brother isn't helping... What he seems to forget is his Mother took care of him, now it's his turn to take of her!!!
Old 04-24-2011, 08:16 AM   #174
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Am really sorry to hear that you have had such a bad week. Will definitely keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you are able to sort something out with work

Last edited by TanzUnited99; 04-24-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:58 AM   #175
DVCWDWMEMBER
Mouseketeer

I wanted to give everyone an update on my mom and Danielle's grandma. We were able to get her in the Rehab center right down the road from us. My brother and his wife did volunteer to help out once mom comes home. Her focus is on getting out of rehab and home something that we all also hope to see soon. The stroke caused her left side to be affected so she has a hard time walking still and lifting her left arm. Her short term memory has also been affected. We are hoping to have her home very soon. Thank you so much for all the thoughts and prayers Danielle and I truly appreciate it.
6/85 Offsite:12/86 DI: 8/88, 1/98, 5/00 DLR- Offsite:12/91 CR: 11/93 FWC: 1/99 POFQ: 9/99 CSR:01/02 CB/PR: 01/03 BCV: 12/03 DCL/BCV:10/04, 10/08 SSR: 05/05 PR: 01/06 WL: 05/06 GC-DLR: 11/06 POFQ: 02/07 DLH-DLR:11/07 BWV/POR: 05/08 OKW/VB: 05/09 AK/VB:10/09 GF:09/10 Disneyland Paris :11/10 POP: 07/11 BLT: 9/11 OKW: 6/12 Disneyland Paris : 7/13 WL,SSR-THV,AK :1/14 SSR:5/14 BC :11/14 WL: 2/15 AK: 8/15 DLH

Old 05-02-2011, 01:21 AM   #176
clandrum
DIS Veteran

I hope everything continues to progress well. Thanks for the update. My thought and prayers are with your family.

1st Disneyland trip June 2012 PPH
Old 05-02-2011, 04:17 AM   #177
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Thoughts and prayers for your family as you go through this transition.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:32 AM   #178
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Thank you for providing an update.

I hope your mum and Danielle's grandma is able to return home soon.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:23 AM   #179
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Sorry to hear all of that I hope things will get better soon for your family! I'm here for you and you're in my thoughts and prayers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilRenee View Post
I'm sorry for what you're dealing with! That's hard!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyLuvsMickey View Post
Hugs to you and sending pixie dust and prayers to grandma for a quick recovery...

Sorry Mom has to do everything herself and her brother isn't helping... What he seems to forget is his Mother took care of him, now it's his turn to take of her!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Am really sorry to hear that you have had such a bad week. Will definitely keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you are able to sort something out with work
Quote:
Originally Posted by clandrum View Post
I hope everything continues to progress well. Thanks for the update. My thought and prayers are with your family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Thoughts and prayers for your family as you go through this transition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Thank you for providing an update.

I hope your mum and Danielle's grandma is able to return home soon.
Thanks so much everyone for your kind words. My Grandma is doing pretty well.

She was moved to a rehabilitation facility. The good news is that the physical therapist said that it should be another two weeks and she'll be able to go home.

That is good timing, because we just found out that medicare will only cover 20 days in the rehab facility. After that, they only cover 80%, and it would be $150 a day! Can you believe that?!

Grandma is very ready to go home and I can't blame her. We have made an agreement with her though that she will need a physical therapist to come to her home at least two days a week. This is to keep her in shape. My mom will be working from home a few days a week, and hopefully my aunt will be caring for my grandma the other days. This should only be temporary, until we can establish that she's okay to be alone, except for being checked on a few times a day. Here's hoping.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:27 PM   #180
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Day 5 - Wednesday Feb. 9, 2011 - Two grown ups and lots of princesses!

So sorry for my long absence on the boards. As you can see in my post above, everything is going better here. So, onward with the TR.

Today was our breakfast in the castle! I had made this reservation as a last minute addition. For one reason only......CRT is the only place on property that has cream cheese stuffed french toast. Yes, I'm that person. Pays an exorbitant amount of money for some stuffed french toast. I admit it.

Gladly, Jason went along with my crazy plan. He's not going to pass up cream cheese stuffed french toast either! You can tell we're related for sure.

Our reservation was for 8:35am and we were out of the room and ready to go at 7:30am. I didn't want to take the car to the Magic Kingdom because I hate driving there, parking in the TTC and then taking the monorail. Other parks, driving is no issue.

We made it in good time, because there weren't many people getting on the bus that early. Now, on to doing my favorite thing and the main reason for going to the park that early......pictures with no one else in them!

How often do you get to see a sight like this?

The yeti was super excited that there was no one in the park! He wanted to strike a pose.

He also wanted a picture with his favorite character.

Not one to be normal....

Lovely shot

After taking lots and lots of pictures, we were heading into the castle. Of course, we were not going to pass up getting our picture taken with Cinderella!

Only........adults........in line!

That's okay. Good thing I'm not self conscious about those things.

Jason loves this little detail in the castle.

Gus Gus and Jacque!!!!!!!

Finally we made it to see Cinderella. Apparently we were having a very serious conversation.

Jason felt a little shy......

Then the princesses came by. Jason struck his obligatory pose.

And then you notice, he'd had enough. No more pictures of Jason and princesses.

The princesses were cute, but a little lackluster. I guess you really have to have kiddos with you to get some good interaction. My favorite was Ariel. She was cute and pretty talkative overall. I was wearing an anchor necklace, which she thought was very cute. She wanted to know if I had a boat of my own.

The funny thing with the princesses is that they thought Jason was my night in shining armor or prince charming. I had to explain that he wasn't, that he was just my brother. I guess we're a little strange being siblings and traveling together.

Here is our breakfast. Sorry, half eaten I know.

But the cream cheese stuffed french toast? Totally worth it!!!!!

The only thing I didn't like is that they changed the menu. You pick one plate and that's all you can eat. So you can get the french toast, the platter with sausage, bacon, eggs and potatoes, or.......granola and yogurt? Seems a little chintzy to go with option 3 in my opinion. Jason got the platter and I got the french toast, and then we shared it with each other so we could have a variety.

Up Next: The rest of the Magic Kingdom!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: