Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2011, 11:36 PM   #151
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdancer86 View Post
I am glad you got the Slytherin scarf, it would be no fun if everybody just got the Gryffindor! when we were there there wan only 2 wands available, Snape and Malfoy, (I think) and I remember thinking poor Slytherin, unloved!!! walls and walls of these wands and everybody clamouring for Harry ron etc

I guess those heroes driving through on the quads is a bit silly when you think of the production Disney puts into their parades!!!

I would love to travel to a few more American theme parks to try more crazy coasters but as DBF was struggling with Dueling Dragons and the Hulk he maybe wouldn't find it as enjoyable as me!
There are definitely some crazy coasters out there! I have been on many of them.

We didn't make it into Ollivander's, so I didn't get to see if they only had certain ones either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
OMG with the $22 breakfast! Are they crazy?!

You go girl being a rebel with the Slytherin scarf!!! You gotta show your dark side from time to time, right?

Um, ick with the screaming kid on the trolley! Really?! As a mom of 3 I can assure you that just isn't ok! Had that been my kid he would have been off that train after about 10 seconds!

I'll have to keep in mind that the Simpsons ride is a little motion sickness inducing! DH is a huge Simpsons fan but he gets really bad motion sickness really easily!

Can't wait for more!
Right!? I have to make sure people see the dark side of me.

Yeah, the kid with the trolley was just weird. I get being afraid of things, but he just seemed a little old to be throwing the tantrum that he was throwing.

If your DH has problems with motion sickness, I would definitely say that he should stay away from the Simpsons.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:34 PM   #152
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Day 4 - Tuesday February 8, 2011 - What NOT to eat before you ride Rip, Ride, Rockit!

We had just finished riding the Simpson's, so now it was off to....

The guy that let us into the main room was pretty funny, because he was going on about how he tricked into this area because he was going to try to sell us a time share, like THOSE other theme parks. I found this to be kind of funny, because you know what's right outside the exit to Men in Black????

A timeshare sales booth!!!!! Maybe you should know more about your own theme park before you start ripping on another one. Just sayin'.

Jason and I also forgot that this ride spins around......several times. We were both like, WHOA!!!! This set me up for later. You'll see why.

After that, we headed over to the front of the park and decided to ride the Mummy.

I love that ride. However, I really wish that it was longer. It just seems like it's so short!!!

After this, we were approached by a guy doing a marketing survey. He was really cute.......that's the main reason that I stopped.

I'm shameless....really shameless.

They were doing research for.....wait, I forgot, I signed a confidentiality agreement! Well, anyway, it was yogurt. I figure I could say that at least. So we had to answer some questions, and then go in and eat the yogurt. They said we would get $3 each for doing it. I'm like, okay, no skin off my back. And, I get a free snack!!!!

So, we headed in, did our research, at our snack, and got our $3. But that's where they were less then straightforward about the $3.

I got 3 of these.

Very crafty cute marketing boy. Very crafty. I wasn't that concerned with it too much, because we were coming back on Thursday, so we'd be able to spend it on something.

After this, it was time to head over to Rip, Ride, Rockit.

That was nervewracking. Why?

This is why.....

Yup, that's right boys and girls, it goes straight up in the air. STRAIGHT UP!!

So, we get into the car and have to pick our soundtrack. Then, we go up the lift literally laying down. Jason started to emulate the lady on the Tower of Terror? Remember? He starts yelling OH CRAP, OH CRAP, OH CRAP!!!!!!

Just remember Jason, the next time you make fun of me for closing my eyes on Harry Potter? Yup, I have this as ammo.

So remember the nice little marketing research snack? You guessed it. Yogurt is not the best thing to eat right before you go on Rip, Ride, Rockit.

Don't worry. We were able to keep it together......kind of.

We did decide to pack it in for the day though. The yogurt was like the cherry on top....or the yogurt on top........

We had a busy day. Forbidden Journey, Spiderman, the Hulk, Shrek 4D, the Simpson's, Men in Black, the Mummy, Rip, Ride, Rockit. See a pattern here? Motion sickness warnings and 3D combined. And us dee dee dee's rode them all in one day. LOL.

We went and grabbed the car from the valet. This was really nice, because I didn't have to pay for it because of my premium annual. Woo hoo!!! We had a reservation for Boma at 8pm, so we had some time to kill. We decided to head over to the Premium Outlet mall. I found myself this beauty!

(Cue the chorus......aaaaahhhhhhh)

Totally my color by the way.

After shopping we relaxed at the hotel for a while before having to head out for our reservation. Gave us the ability to get ourselves all purtied up. We were out the door by about 7:10pm. We got the car and started heading over to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We got there early, and I went to see if we could check in at Boma early. The restaurant was busy as it always is. At first I didn't know if it was going to be an option to get in early, but we were actually seated in about 2 minutes.

Got a picture before heading in. That's how quick they were.

I didn't get many pictures of dinner, because I was so very distracted by the beauty that is the buffet at Boma. I just completely forgot. Jason had never eaten there before, so I was nervous to see how he liked it. He really liked it though, so it was a sigh of relief for me.

He gave his approval.

This is exactly the reason I come here. Dessert!!!

The little yeti once again was in a food coma.

He really needs to learn his limits. Seriously. Makes me look like a bad parent.

We headed back to the hotel after this and called it a night. Got a date with a princess in the morning!

Up Next: Two adults, a princess, and a castle.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2011, 07:56 PM   #153
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post

It's sinful how many desserts we got when we went to Boma. The fact that they are sort of bite-sized makes you think you can have more and get away with it. The zebra domes are my favorite, but I tried a brownie and a cookie, too, and as a table, we probably tried at least one of everything.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:05 PM   #154
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
It's sinful how many desserts we got when we went to Boma. The fact that they are sort of bite-sized makes you think you can have more and get away with it. The zebra domes are my favorite, but I tried a brownie and a cookie, too, and as a table, we probably tried at least one of everything.
It's horrible, isn't it!?

That was just Jason's plate. I totally didn't even take a picture of my plate! I love dessert. My favorite part.....and I always eat too much.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 03-27-2011, 08:10 PM   #155
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

great update!!! I love all the Universal updates since we're heading to there this summer!!

I used to shop at the outlets a lot when I lived there. I can admit I have spent quite a bit of money in the Coach outlet...including sunglasses

The Boma desserts look really yummy! We ate for breakfast the year we stayed at AKL and I ended up with food poisoning so it has ended our eating at Boma for the time being lol. I guess if I'm offered a research thing on yogurt at Universal I should pass!
Old 03-28-2011, 04:09 PM   #156
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Wow you sure packed in a lot for one day...riding all them rides am surprised you managed to keep that yoghurt down! That sure was clever marketing with the research - am glad you were coming back so were able to spend the dollars anyway

on riding Rip, Ride Rockit - it sure looks scary! Love the new bag and the desserts at Boma - am really looking forward to eating there
Old 03-28-2011, 04:30 PM   #157
AprilRenee
DIS Veteran

Your yeti cracks me up! Is there a story of how he came to be your baby?

Pre Trip Report
Photobooks/TR linked below
May 2010 POP(Photobook); January 2011 ASMu (TR); January 2012 POP(Photobook)
Old 03-28-2011, 07:52 PM   #158
mjalvarez
Earning My Ears

Love your trip report. You guys are great.

GF 5/98, Offsite 11/00 , AKL 10/02, 9/03, 9/04, PORS 5/05, AKL 11/05, AKL 11/06, AKL 9/07, Downtown Vista Palace 8/08 ,Offsite 6/09, AKL 9/09
Old 03-28-2011, 08:01 PM   #159
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Wow you went on Rip Ride Rockit? I'm terrified of that roller coaster, and I LOVE roller coasters! How was it? Was it fun, or are you to scared to even realize what's happening?

Oooh, love the Coach purse, purple is my favorite color!

Mmmm dessert at Boma looks good! Can't wait to try a zebra dome for myself!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 03-28-2011, 08:33 PM   #160
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
great update!!! I love all the Universal updates since we're heading to there this summer!!

I used to shop at the outlets a lot when I lived there. I can admit I have spent quite a bit of money in the Coach outlet...including sunglasses

The Boma desserts look really yummy! We ate for breakfast the year we stayed at AKL and I ended up with food poisoning so it has ended our eating at Boma for the time being lol. I guess if I'm offered a research thing on yogurt at Universal I should pass!
I could totally understand not wanting to eat somewhere if you've gotten food poisoning there!

The yogurt was good, just poorly timed for us really.

The desserts at Boma are really good, however I think they were better a few years ago. Still good, but were better before IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Wow you sure packed in a lot for one day...riding all them rides am surprised you managed to keep that yoghurt down! That sure was clever marketing with the research - am glad you were coming back so were able to spend the dollars anyway

on riding Rip, Ride Rockit - it sure looks scary! Love the new bag and the desserts at Boma - am really looking forward to eating there
I know, now that I look back on the day, it was a lot busier then I thought it was.

I hope you enjoy Boma. It's one of my favorites for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilRenee View Post
Your yeti cracks me up! Is there a story of how he came to be your baby?
Well, little Yeti is a trouble maker, and he was dropped off on my doorstop by his mama Yeti who just couldn't handle him anymore. She knew that I was responsible and authoritative.

In reality, my BFF brought him back for me from her trip to the World.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjalvarez View Post
Love your trip report. You guys are great.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Wow you went on Rip Ride Rockit? I'm terrified of that roller coaster, and I LOVE roller coasters! How was it? Was it fun, or are you to scared to even realize what's happening?

Oooh, love the Coach purse, purple is my favorite color!

Mmmm dessert at Boma looks good! Can't wait to try a zebra dome for myself!
It is really fun, and the only super intense part is the lift. The rest of the ride is pretty awesome. I love intense though. I've been to Cedar Point several times, and I think they have the most intense coasters then an other parks.

Purple defo my favorite color! Great mind think alike, right?

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 03-28-2011, 09:21 PM   #161
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

Absolutely love Boma....so psyched we are staying at AKL this time....even closer to the great deserts.

Picture of my son's birthday cake we had there 2 years ago.

And I love your Yeti....really needs to not partake in too much excitement for one day...
Old 03-28-2011, 09:37 PM   #162
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chepic View Post
Absolutely love Boma....so psyched we are staying at AKL this time....even closer to the great deserts.

Picture of my son's birthday cake we had there 2 years ago.

And I love your Yeti....really needs to not partake in too much excitement for one day...
That is an awesome cake!

The best part of staying at the AKL is the fact that you can go down to the Mara and get zebra domes whenever you want. Mmmmm, zebra domes.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 03-29-2011, 07:23 PM   #163
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

Loved that update, RRR just looks sooo scary, and it broke down a milliontimes while I was waiting in the solo rider queue all alone getting more and more worried!

$3, free food and a cute marketing guy, what self respectin girl would have passed by! although RRR made me feel pretty ill on an empty stomach!

Love the bag, Coach? was that a little Louis Vuitton pattern I saw poked out of the corner of the picture?!
Old 03-29-2011, 07:38 PM   #164
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdancer86 View Post
Loved that update, RRR just looks sooo scary, and it broke down a milliontimes while I was waiting in the solo rider queue all alone getting more and more worried!

$3, free food and a cute marketing guy, what self respectin girl would have passed by! although RRR made me feel pretty ill on an empty stomach!

Love the bag, Coach? was that a little Louis Vuitton pattern I saw poked out of the corner of the picture?!
Fortunately, RRR did not break down while we were waiting in line, so we had nothing to really worry about (I guess. LOL).

Yup, it was a Coach that I got. And nice eyes on the Louis Vuitton! That was my wallet peeking out of the corner. Louis Vuitton is my absolute favorite! I bought that wallet as a gift to myself before going to Paris and Belgium. It was exactly what I needed to fit in my small bag, and fit Euro's too. Perfect size!

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 03-29-2011, 10:33 PM   #165
clearskies
DIS Veteran

Hi Danielle, I am catching up. We LOVED the Mummy. I wish it was longer as well. Oh boy, you are a lot braver than I to go on Rip Ride Rockit. Even without the pre-boarding snack option you had it is one scary looking ride. Next time we head over to Universal I am going to pop some dramamine or bonnie first. OK, I am a ninny but hey at least I kept my eyes open on FJ

Boma is the best. My favorite buffet on property. Unfortunately I can't eat the desserts so I'll have to live vicariously though the Yeti.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: