Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2011, 10:14 PM   #1
mondovimom
Earning My Ears

Just got back last night - 10 days!

Overall it was a very nice trip. I had many complaints but I did not voice them because I did not want to put a damper on things for the rest of the family. It was myself, my husband, and 5 kids. We made our own magic.

Pros:

The help at the All Star Movies Resort front desk was GREAT (If you spoke to someone during the day and not the evening)

The Waiters and Waiteresses were OUTSTANDING! I certainly had no problems paying above my required 18%

The parks really weren't that busy, the longest we waited in line was 30 minutes, we used fast passes most of the time.

Child swap worked swell, it was our first time using it and we only had to use it twice.

The adult meals were pretty darn good, I can't complain. Not much variety though.

There was certainly enough food, we never got hungry.

The beds and pillows were very comfortable. We slept great!

Photopass people were very nice and took lots of time with us.

All Characters were great with the kids and took lots of time signing autographs.

All 5 kids were very well behaved and really appreciated the family vacation.

Cons:

At check in, we waited 2 hours. There were only 2 people at the counter and they were busy with customers who seemed to have major complaints.

We were put in Love Bug instead of Mighty Ducks, which we requested 9 months ago. I know there is no guarantee what rooms you will get but we requested joining rooms at Mighty Ducks, we were told they would do their best. At check in we were told we would be in Love Bug, we asked about Mighty Ducks and they said there were no joining rooms ever built in Mighty Ducks, (Wish I would have been told that 9 months ago). He did offer us two rooms side by side in Mighty Ducks. We said we would think about it. We went to our Love Bug rooms, lights didn't work, 2 switches appeared to have a short, tv didn't work in one of the rooms. We went back to the front desk, talked to the same person that we talked to 15 minutes prior. Told him that we would rather take the rooms at Might Ducks. He said, now there was only 1 room available in Mighty Ducks. So at 11p.m. within 15 minutes, a room got rented. hmmmmmm. Love Bug it is, I did mention about the lights and the t.v. but nothing was ever done.

I mailed a package 10 days prior to us leaving. Had all my reservation info on it etc. I mailed it Priority Mail. I asked at the front desk on day 2 and the gal never bothered looking for it. She asked for my tracking number, I said I didn't have one because it was shipped Priority Mail and she said, "Then it propbably got lost, we lose packages all the time". Wow! What an answer, I didn't get to upset because it was just glow sticks and swim goggles. It showed up on the 6th day of our vacation.

At the resort cafe, flexability was there sometimes, sometimes it wasn't. Depended on who rang you up.

The kids did not care for their child menu choices. They never want to eat Chicken Nuggets, Burgers, or Mac and Cheese again!

Mousekeeping......well, I left a generous tip the first 4 days. Nothing "magical" was ever done. No towel animals, nothing cute done with the kids stuffed animals, just left them on the dressers where we set them. I continued to tip until the day that only one of our joining rooms got cleaned. Then I stopped tipping for 1 day and cut the last 5 days tips down to $5 a day. Not much was ever done and our sink had mold under the rim, we could see it every time we looked in the mirror.

Maybe I should have complained but I just couldn't. Maybe there were new people working, maybe they were busier than expected. We still had fun at the parks. All Star Movies is a Value Resort, I can't expect much. Needless to say, our vacationing is done there for awhile. No real interest in returning anytime soon.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: