Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2011, 08:16 PM   #106
castoff
Something Wonderful is about to happen at CC
Is dressing like Cinderella for the ball
Her maltese Dante is like having another child

Oh and if you don't mind Beth we can do this together o.k ? I like the way you did it and say every couple of days I can just edit it again or when needed.

Tina
castoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:45 PM   #107
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by castoff View Post
Oh and if you don't mind Beth we can do this together o.k ? I like the way you did it and say every couple of days I can just edit it again or when needed.

Disney Magic: Western Caribbean Halloween 10/30/10; NY to Nowhere 6/15/12
Disney Dream: Bahamas Birthday 5/19/11; Bahamas Double-Dip 8/16/11
Disney Wonder: Alaska 8/13/12
Disney Fantasy: Eastern Caribbean Thanksgiving 11/17/12; Eastern Caribbean 8/23/14
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2011, 09:35 AM   #108
castoff
Something Wonderful is about to happen at CC
Is dressing like Cinderella for the ball
Her maltese Dante is like having another child

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
Sounds good to me.

Tina
castoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:42 AM   #109
aliron682
Mouseketeer

Well I haven't visited here in a while, but I loved getting all caught up on the posts. We weren't 100% sure we were going to stay on this cruise, but after this weekend I am sure we will be on it. We found out my Aunt and Uncle (and their two sons and families) had booked this same cruise and we didn't even know it. Would have been funny if we had just run in to them on the boat. Anyway...with that many already booked, it is turning in to a family reunion because my parents and brother will come along and two more cousins/families and aunts will probably come too. None of them have ever been on a Disney Cruise and it will be our 6th so I've turned in to the planner....which is OK as long as I don't have to pay for everything:-)
So when we get things mre settled, I'll give more info/names of those cruising. We (Ron, Alison and Laurin) will definitely want to do an FE if there is one, but I don't know about the other first time cruisers...though I will be sure to explain it all.
Seems so far away...thankfully we have a three day in December to hold me over.
Alison

"If we all threw our problems in a pile and then saw everyone else's; we would grab ours back"
aliron682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:40 PM   #110
BBQMommy
DIS Veteran

Just a quick 'Hello!'

Summer is zooming by and soon it will be Fall and then it will be less than a year til our cruise!!!!!

Hope you all are well.
Caryn

WDW: POFQ '12, CBR '11, WL '10, PR '94 & '89, CR '72
Disney Magic: 11 Day Christmas 2010
BBQMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:22 AM   #111
BBQMommy
DIS Veteran

Just did the math. Now, we did a dummy date on our Dec 10 Magic cruise getting the 10% off, but moved it to this one when the dates came out (or about 10 days after). The price for our exact cabin class (6B) has gone up $1882 since Feb. Still 479 out I am sure it will only go higher, but wow!

Caryn

Old 07-27-2011, 11:39 AM   #112
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQMommy View Post
Just did the math. Now, we did a dummy date on our Dec 10 Magic cruise getting the 10% off, but moved it to this one when the dates came out (or about 10 days after). The price for our exact cabin class (6B) has gone up $1882 since Feb. Still 479 out I am sure it will only go higher, but wow!

Caryn
My hands are over my ears as I don't want to know how much extra I'm paying since we only booked last month. But what was weird when I was booking online I saw the price and it was $2k higher than what I booked. What happened was I was looking at night and I couldn't call to transfer my dummy cruise until Monday. But when I called on Monday it was cheaper. I thought that was weird. What I find interesting is how many concierge rooms are available. Lots... I guess, those aren't selling like they use to. I've sailed concierge twice and it was not as expensive as they are listing the prices now.
OurDogCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:43 AM   #113
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by castoff View Post
Tina. Glad your DH isn't named Chuck.
Now that would have been funny!!! I don't meet too many Tinas in this world!
OurDogCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:17 AM   #114
BBQMommy
DIS Veteran

Tina - I had been checking every now and again and it was only hovering in the 400-600 dollar range as a difference, and a good chunk of that would be our 10% booking on board discount. I think you got in just under the gun.

Saw the thread on the big board asking about a room report for the Dream's 6188. That is our room on the Fantasy - aft back of the ship two rooms from the flag. Can't wait for pictures :-)

Caryn

Old 08-16-2011, 05:35 PM   #115
MyMyMy
Earning My Ears

Yeah!!! Two Families set sail on the Fantasy Turkey Cruise!

Hi There, I am new this board still trying to get around and will be a first timer Disney Cruiser for the Fantasy 2012 Thanksgiving Cruise.

What makes this so "magical" aside from it being a Disney Cruise is that we will be sailing with our closest friends. We met R&R (parents) during Lamaze Class 7 1/2 years ago. Our daughters are two weeks apart who act like twins and are BFF. Four years after our daughters were born, R&R had a set of twins (girl and boy). AND a year later after that we had TWINS Boys too. So we are officially a family of 4 adults and 6 children all under the age of 8, 4, 3 who will be sailing! If you see us, you can't miss us!

This is R&R first time cruising so we thought what a better way to celebrate with Disney. I cruised other liners before , but I NEVER realized how much research is involved with a Disney Cruise more than my college papers. And it has been so much fun even if it is over a year away. I will take all the pointers for I am all "ears" too!

I have much to learn from door magnets to fish extenders (which I am still trying to figure out what or how that works).

Sorry so chatty, guess just a bit excited!

MyMyMy - Proud SF Bay Area Mom of Three AB (7), CB and EB (2)

Last edited by MyMyMy; 08-17-2011 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Add Signature
MyMyMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:16 AM   #116
BBQMommy
DIS Veteran

MyMyMy!

Welcome to the board and the group! Your crew sounds wonderful! This is our family's second Disney cruise. A good part of the fun is the planning - you're in for a treat.

We are a family of three - me, husband, and DD6.

Cheers!
Caryn

Old 08-20-2011, 01:05 AM   #117
MyMyMy
Earning My Ears

I would have been training for the Disneyland Half Marathon (first one) , but I had an unexpected surgery a couple weeks ago Although I am feeling better now, but running a half marathon is not an option and thought well I should take advantage of time off and plan the 2012 cruise.

We are on the same deck. We had the cabins next to you 6174-6178, but I read that one of the rooms had a partial obstructed verandah view. So we are in rooms 6076/6078 and 6072/6074

A few questions about Fish Extenders....

What types of gifts are given?
To how many people (a cabin or individuals in each cabin)?
Is this daily give-aways?
When does the "Fish Extender group" start?

Sorry so many ???

My

Old 08-20-2011, 05:16 AM   #118
BBQMommy
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear about your surgery. Hope the mend is quick. Our old sitter in Buffalo is doing the 13.1 in WDW in Feb. She did it last year and had a blast. Did you know there is a 5K 'race' on Castaway Cay? They let the runners off the boat first thing. I was supposed to do it last December, but we had a late docking, the times changed, and I had a slightly disagreeable 6 year old that morning. The group I had met on our meet board for that cruise had a subset that had shirts made up at zazzle.com for the 'Back of the Pack' Castaway Cay 5K group

We were on Deck 5 Aft on the Magic and loved it. It was quiet, close to the kids clubs, easy to get lots of places quickly. Also not too high off the water Aft did not seem to have a ton of sway. We are excited to be at the back on Deck 6. Glad you are close by.

A few questions about Fish Extenders....

What types of gifts are given?
A wide range. It may depend on the size of the group. I have read that many groups do not exceed 20 members. Well, ours was almost 80. Cost and sheer bulk of items, especially for folks checking bags on airplanes makes one get creative. I know some folks shipped their fish extenders and gifts to the boat a couple weeks ahead, but you still have to get them home ...

We received several CD mixes with holiday/tropical/disney songs on them that I listen to quite frequently recipe cards, items unique to the givers home town/region/country, door magnets with special graphics/2011 calendars on them, toys/party store Disney party favors/toys/card games, and candy I gave out Bath and Body Works hand sanitizers.

To how many people (a cabin or individuals in each cabin)?
Yes -- that is the giver's choice, either 1 gift per cruise per cabin, multiple gifts per cruise, gifts for just the kids traveling, gifts for both the adults and kids. On our cruise it was mainly per cabin gifts, but there were also gifts mainly geared towards our daughter. On an 11 day cruise with 80 FE members, there was always something waiting in our FE. Our 6 year old was so excited about it all.

Is this daily give-aways?
From each cabin? No, generally once a cruise, but some may do more. You will likely receive things daily.

When does the "Fish Extender group" start?
That is a good question. We did not decide to cruise until 6 months out. Maybe around then?

Caryn

Last edited by BBQMommy; 08-20-2011 at 05:25 AM.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:27 AM   #119
BBQMommy
DIS Veteran

Caryn

Old 08-21-2011, 11:27 PM   #120
MyMyMy
Earning My Ears

I had no idea there was a 5K on Castaway! The shirt design is adorable!
I told my hubby and friends that we are doing the 5K :-)
I am presuming the registrations happen when we sign up for excursions.

Thanks for the Fish Extender info. :-) I don't sew, but I found cloth door organizers with 5 large pockets on clearance at Jo-Ann Fabrics. So I am searching for all the cute things I can stick on with glue or iron-on LOL. I would love to find Disney Embroidered Fonts, but all I can find so are the designs to use for a machine.

My

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: