Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2011, 01:32 PM   #76
castoff
Something Wonderful is about to happen at CC
Is dressing like Cinderella for the ball
Her maltese Dante is like having another child

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
Today was weird weather in Virginia. Intermittent rain and high winds. Thankfully no tornados but plenty of storm warnings! I feel so bad for all of the families hit by tornados to our south. I hope all is well with everyone!
Very Very sad for all involved. We were VERY lucky !!! Every 15 min. t.v was breaking into our weather guy. I was getting a little nervous.

Tina
castoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:36 PM   #77
castoff

Beth- Just realized your going on the Dream soon. Have a great cruise !!!! Hope you will post some pics. on here when you get back.

Tina
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2011, 02:14 PM   #78
lucas
°o°

Hello there!

We just got off the Dream yesterday and while on the ship, we booked Thanksgiving 2012 on the Fantasy. We've never booked a cruise this far out.

It will be dh and myself sailing. Looking forward to this one as the 3 nighter on the Dream was just way too short.

Thanksgiving 2011 we are booked on the Oasis of the Seas and last Thanksgiving we were on a 10 night Southern Caribbean cruise on the Emerald Princess.

Looking forward to getting to know ya'll.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:23 AM   #79
nu2dvc
Mouseketeer

Hey gang

My family is also booked on this cruise! We sailed the 4-night Dream May 8th sailing. After doing the 3 night twice, then the 4 night we now realize that we need the full week. So we re-booked on-board and got the 10% discount as well as a nice OBC. I think it's $200.

Anyway, we are also in NY and while at first I was thrilled to see the NY itineraries, the pricing is too steep. And while I absolutely hate flying, I figured I'd rather go on the newest ship much more than the Magic at this point. We also have 3 kids, so needed to book 2 rooms on the Magic vs. just one on the Fantasy. So we booked an oceanview 8C and are pretty pleased with the price. I am wondering what the pricing was like when it first opened for booking a few months ago, hoping we are still ahead of the game with our re-booking incentives.

By the way- we had 31 family members join us on our Dream cruise, and some of them didn't like it. I felt so bad, since we were the first ones to book and pretty much convinced them all to join us. The ones who didn't love it aren't really huge Disney fans to begin with, but they also felt like they just didn't love cruising in general. As much fun as that was, I'm looking forward to this being a much more intimate time with my family. (my kids were so interested in what their cousins were doing that I barely saw them those 4 days)

I'm also looking forward to the new Aladdin show, the upgraded Animator's Palate, the Pirate's League onboard inside the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and just having a whole new experience. I also can't wait to be able to say I've sailed on 3 out of the 4 DCL ships.

We may have to book that 2-nighter out of NY after all just to make it an even 4. lol... just kidding, cause that was almost $1000 for just 2 of us and I'm spending $5800 for 5 extra nights and 3 kids on top of that. I just can't justify the cost of the NY sailings.

Sorry this was so long, but I'm stuck in a hospital room and bored right now! Looking forward to meeting some of you on our Turkey cruise. Gobble Gobble
nu2dvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:02 PM   #80
DenverVal
DIS Veteran

We booked this cruise in early April, when it finally appeared online. A friend who is sailing with me rebooked us while she was onboard a few weeks ago, and I moved from an 11B to a 9A and the cruise fare was still $90 less, in addition to the onboard credit. I love vacationing during Thanksgiving. This will be fun.

WDW: 12/01 12/02 8/03 11/05 11/06 11/07 10/09 3/10 1/13 DL: 6/05 3/06 6/06 6/07 7/08
DCL: Magic 4/24/04, 8/20/05, 10/10/09, 7/15/12, 6/27/13 Dream 2/3/11, 12/29/11 Wonder 6/21/11 Fantasy 1/4/14 NCL: POAm 8/9/08

DenverVal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:25 AM   #81
scottb8888
Mouseketeer

We just booked the Turkey Cruise 2012

My wife and myself with our two sons!
Old 06-20-2011, 10:29 PM   #82
whithouston
DIS Veteran

Add us to the roster! :)

We just got off the Dream on Friday and booked this cruise while onboard! It will be me (Scott--33), DW (Christy--34) and DS (Evan--4). We have a category 9B (#2532). We are very excited about this cruise as we have always done 3 and 4 night cruises and just recently got off a 5 nighter and loved it! We can't wait for another 2 nights on the ship! This will be our 8th Disney Cruise! Can you tell we are hooked?

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Scott

Scott , Christy , Evan , Buster and Gary
**DVC Members since 2003 (BoardWalk, Saratoga Springs, and Bay Lake Tower)**
All Star Sports (July 2005, June 2006), AKV (April 2009, April 2011, February 2012, February 2014, May/June 2014), BLT (December 2009, February 2011, June 2012) BCV--Not Yet, BWV (July 2004, December 2008, June 2011, March/April 2014), Caribbean Beach (July 2003), DCL (April 2005, April 2007, November 2007, December 2010, February 2011, June 2011, June 2012, November 2012, March 2013), HHI (April 2004), Offsite (June 1988, May 2001, December 2001, October 2007, December 2010, May 2011), OKW (December 2003, July 2005, April 2006, April 2007, October 2009, February 2010, June 2010), Pop Century (October 2009, June 2010, October 2010, October 2011), SSR (October 2004, February 2006, July 2007, February 2008), THV (June/July 2009), VWL (October 2004, April 2007)
whithouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:58 AM   #83
castoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas View Post
Hello there!

We just got off the Dream yesterday and while on the ship, we booked Thanksgiving 2012 on the Fantasy. We've never booked a cruise this far out.

It will be dh and myself sailing. Looking forward to this one as the 3 nighter on the Dream was just way too short.

Thanksgiving 2011 we are booked on the Oasis of the Seas and last Thanksgiving we were on a 10 night Southern Caribbean cruise on the Emerald Princess.

Looking forward to getting to know ya'll.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nu2dvc View Post
Hey gang

My family is also booked on this cruise! We sailed the 4-night Dream May 8th sailing. After doing the 3 night twice, then the 4 night we now realize that we need the full week. So we re-booked on-board and got the 10% discount as well as a nice OBC. I think it's $200.

Anyway, we are also in NY and while at first I was thrilled to see the NY itineraries, the pricing is too steep. And while I absolutely hate flying, I figured I'd rather go on the newest ship much more than the Magic at this point. We also have 3 kids, so needed to book 2 rooms on the Magic vs. just one on the Fantasy. So we booked an oceanview 8C and are pretty pleased with the price. I am wondering what the pricing was like when it first opened for booking a few months ago, hoping we are still ahead of the game with our re-booking incentives.

By the way- we had 31 family members join us on our Dream cruise, and some of them didn't like it. I felt so bad, since we were the first ones to book and pretty much convinced them all to join us. The ones who didn't love it aren't really huge Disney fans to begin with, but they also felt like they just didn't love cruising in general. As much fun as that was, I'm looking forward to this being a much more intimate time with my family. (my kids were so interested in what their cousins were doing that I barely saw them those 4 days)

I'm also looking forward to the new Aladdin show, the upgraded Animator's Palate, the Pirate's League onboard inside the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and just having a whole new experience. I also can't wait to be able to say I've sailed on 3 out of the 4 DCL ships.

We may have to book that 2-nighter out of NY after all just to make it an even 4. lol... just kidding, cause that was almost $1000 for just 2 of us and I'm spending $5800 for 5 extra nights and 3 kids on top of that. I just can't justify the cost of the NY sailings.

Sorry this was so long, but I'm stuck in a hospital room and bored right now! Looking forward to meeting some of you on our Turkey cruise. Gobble Gobble
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverVal View Post
We booked this cruise in early April, when it finally appeared online. A friend who is sailing with me rebooked us while she was onboard a few weeks ago, and I moved from an 11B to a 9A and the cruise fare was still $90 less, in addition to the onboard credit. I love vacationing during Thanksgiving. This will be fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottb8888 View Post
My wife and myself with our two sons!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whithouston View Post
We just got off the Dream on Friday and booked this cruise while onboard! It will be me (Scott--33), DW (Christy--34) and DS (Evan--4). We have a category 9B (#2532). We are very excited about this cruise as we have always done 3 and 4 night cruises and just recently got off a 5 nighter and loved it! We can't wait for another 2 nights on the ship! This will be our 8th Disney Cruise! Can you tell we are hooked?

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Scott
Aboard !!! Nice to see more people joining this cruise !! This is a special cruise for me & Dh. We will be on Castaway the same day & month we were married on Castaway. What are the odds ? Hopefully this thread will get a little bit more active so we can get to know each other.

I have the Hawaii cruise to look forward to then I think the time will fly by for this cruise. Only 7 months difference.

Sooooo does anyone else have a cruise lined up before this one ?

Tina
Old 07-11-2011, 03:49 PM   #84
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

Yay... we are booked. We just got off the Dream on 6/26 but I dislocated my elbow a week before our cruise so I felt I didn't get a great vacation. I didn't get to take all the pictures I wanted with only one hand. I was in a sling and splint. I still am. It will be me, dh, dd(11) and dd(15).

We definitely want to do fish extenders, too.....
OurDogCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:58 PM   #85
castoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDogCisco View Post
Yay... we are booked. We just got off the Dream on 6/26 but I dislocated my elbow a week before our cruise so I felt I didn't get a great vacation. I didn't get to take all the pictures I wanted with only one hand. I was in a sling and splint. I still am. It will be me, dh, dd(11) and dd(15).

We definitely want to do fish extenders, too.....

Welcome Aboard !! Ouch ! Not a good way to start a cruise. I am really looking forward to seeing the Fantasy. I haven't been on the Dream yet, but that's o.k. Hope you heal quickly.

Tina
Old 07-15-2011, 04:33 AM   #86
kritter
I need a Disney FIX!!
Trades her hubby for "Make me an offer"

We are thinking about transfering to this cruise as well. Does anyone know if the ship will be decorated for Christmas yet??
Jan 2003-Twins first trip, September 2003-Grand Floridian-bought DVC SSR, July/Aug. 2004-Dolphin and SSR, September 2005-SSR, October 2006-SSR and DCL Eastern Halloween Cruise,June 2007-SSR, Star Wars Weekend, Sept. 2007- SSR,April 2008-SSR, June/July 2008-SSR and Vero Beach, Oct. 2008- DCL Eastern-Pirates in Paradise and SSR, Easter/April 2009,-BCV, Aug. 2009-DCL Eastern Tortola Treasure Seekers Cruise-in a CAT 3 and SSR, Dec. 2009, SSR - Feb. 2010, - OKW -April 2010-[COLOR="SeaGreen"]SSR - June/July 2010-- SSR and Vero Beach Oct.2010--OKW
Feb. 2011 OKW April 2011 SSR Aug. 2011 Vero Beach, DCL The Dream-DD, SSR, Oct. 2011 SSR Jan. 2012 OKW April 2012 SSR June 2012 DCL, Magic out of NYC June/July 2012 SSR, Vero Beach November 2012 40th Birthday Cruise DCL Thanksgiving Fantasy
kritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:11 AM   #87
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kritter View Post
We are thinking about transfering to this cruise as well. Does anyone know if the ship will be decorated for Christmas yet??
Hi Kristin,
I hunted around on the threads and found this one about how the ships are decorated for Christmas in time for the Thanksgiving cruises.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....as+decorations

Has anyone on this meet thread done a Thanksgiving cruise before? If so, was the ship decked out for Christmas by your cruise? Seems I remember somewhere on one of the threads that chefs bake a huge (and wonderful smelling) gingerbread house that goes in the atrium.

I'm adding another link here that I just found!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....gerbread+house

Disney Magic: Western Caribbean Halloween 10/30/10; NY to Nowhere 6/15/12; Southern Caribbean 10/11/14; Repo from San Juan to PC, 10/18/14; Magic in the Med 8/29/15
Disney Dream: Bahamas Birthday 5/19/11; Bahamas Double-Dip 8/16/11
Disney Wonder: Alaska 8/13/12
Disney Fantasy: Eastern Caribbean Thanksgiving 11/17/12; Eastern Caribbean 8/23/14

Last edited by tinkerbelltwins; 07-15-2011 at 08:22 AM.
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:24 AM   #88
HallsofVA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
Hi Kristin,
I hunted around on the threads and found this one about how the ships are decorated for Christmas in time for the Thanksgiving cruises.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....as+decorations

Has anyone on this meet thread done a Thanksgiving cruise before? If so, was the ship decked out for Christmas by your cruise? Seems I remember somewhere on one of the threads that chefs bake a huge (and wonderful smelling) gingerbread house that goes in the atrium.
This could turn out to be a reunion cruise for the 8/16 Dream cruisers if you all keep this up!

I haven't done a Thanksgiving cruise, but have sailed 3 times the first week or two of December, and can speak to the gingerbread house. As I understand it, they start the house on the Thanksgiving cruise, and keep adding to it up through Christmas. I believe the ship is decorated from Thanksgiving to the first week of January in Holiday spendor! We loved watching the gingerbread house grow and develop as the week goes by. We never saw them actually working on it (they're like elves - working while we sleep) but each morning there would be something new. When we've sailed the 1st week of December, the house was decorated very simply, but the decorations grew more elaborate as the week went on. Since the Dream hasn't done any holiday cruises yet, it remains to be seen where (and if) they do it on the new ships. On the Magic, they used to build the house at the base of the stairs leading up to Shutters, then they built it in the Promenade Lounge the last 2 times we saw it.

I think on the New Year's cruise, or any special Holiday cruise ending in early January, people reported standing in line to get off the ship and watching men with sledgehammers demolish the house bright and early that last morning, so it would be gone by the time the next cruise started.
Previous Stops -11/17/12 Fantasy Thanksgiving Eastern to San Juan; 3/31/12 Fantasy MV; 8/21-26/11 WDW Poly;08/16/11 5-nt Dreamy Double-Dip!;8/13-16/11 Universal;09/18/10 14-nt WB Transatlantic; 1/10/10-1/14/10 Bahamas, 1/6/10-1/09/10 AKL, 12/12/09 Western (Cat 3 upgrade); 12/06/08 Eastern (upgraded to the Roy Suite!); 12/03/05 Western (upgrade to Cat 3)
Dream/Fantasy Special Rooms Thread
HallsofVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:28 AM   #89
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Hi Cathleen, It would be fun to have Kristin join us for the Turkey Cruise too. I'm trying to convince her by finding all kinds of good links!

Disney Magic: Western Caribbean Halloween 10/30/10; NY to Nowhere 6/15/12; Southern Caribbean 10/11/14; Repo from San Juan to PC, 10/18/14; Magic in the Med 8/29/15
Disney Fantasy: Eastern Caribbean Thanksgiving 11/17/12; Eastern Caribbean 8/23/14
Old 07-15-2011, 08:32 AM   #90
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Holiday Pictures

I found another good link with pictures!!!!!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....gerbread+house

Now I'll stop as it is time to take the girls to their swim team practice. Kristin, have I convinced you yet?????

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: