Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2012, 04:26 PM   #871
enverm
Earning My Ears

Hi Doodledogs,
We are from Hedgesville, WV. How did you fare during Sandy? We have some flooding and wind damage in the area, but just called Disney and they say the Fantasy is ready for us!
enverm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:32 PM   #872
dmmlandcruiser
dmmlandcruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodledogs View Post
Hi everyone! I'm a long time viewer but never seem to find time to post! We are so excited our cruise is only a few weeks away. My family would love to meet everyone during our cruise meet. This is our 2nd Disney cruise. If anyone has a daughter looking for a friend my girls would love it! We have DD turning 5 on cruise, DD turning 7 on cruise, and DD10. I also just asked to join the Facebook group.

Happy packing everyone!!
We'd love to meet!!! Not sure how to arrange this as this is our first time pre planning!
dmmlandcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #873
enverm
Earning My Ears

MILLIEPIE is AWESOME! Thank you!
Old 10-30-2012, 07:52 PM   #874
enverm
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDad76 View Post
Okay, so I was just sent a link to this site by a friend of mine. My two kids and I will be on the November 17th Cruise on the Fantasy. I have been told several times that I will have a lot of time to myself, because the kids will be kept REALLY busy. So what should I do (with all my free time)? Any suggestions?
You will have lots of activities to choose from. They plan some singles events, but those don't seem to be well-attended. There are several tastings (wine, beer, tequila). There is an art auction, lots of trivia games, movies, and special tours on board. You can go to adults only pool, clubs, workout, etc., etc.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:00 PM   #875
enverm
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDad76 View Post
Yay!!!! Balance paid! And checked in! 11:30 - 12.

I have a few pins. But they were my wife's, and have some sentimental value. Don't really want to trade them at this point. Well aware of the cost I plan to check out some of the outlets. Saw another post about ebay. May check that out as well.

Christmas at Disney is a done deal. It's going to happen. Just need to pick the day. Will most likely be a day when the kids are out of school.
Try mousepinsonline.com. If you order today, you will have them in plenty of time for the cruise. You can buy individual pins, or grab bags of 25. Great value, excellent service. My kids and I trade on every cruise.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #876
enverm
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=DisneyDad76;46046252]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyanne View Post
Before I start, I want to put out a plea to anyone with a 15-17yo girl. My 16yo is horrified that she won't know anyone, so she would love to get mail from a potential friend. She loves One Direction and competitive cheerleading, and has recently started playing around with fingernail art. She is hilarious, sweet, and smart, but doesn't want to get on board until she knows someone her age. Email me at dyanne at Mac dot com and I'll forward it to her.

I hope it's okay if I jump in on this as well! I have a 7 year old son and an 11 year old daughter. We are taking our first cruise. While they are excited just to be doing the cruise, I know they would be even more excited if they knew they would have some new friends on board. They both love anything fun, and will try almost anything (within reason). Dyanne; guessing 11 may be too young for your daughters, but mine gets along with most anyone. Even older girls. Just throwing it out there.
My daughter is 11 and loves to make new friends on cruises. PM for email if interested.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:29 PM   #877
DisneyDad76
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Hi everyone! I'm a long time viewer but never seem to find time to post! We are so excited our cruise is only a few weeks away. My family would love to meet everyone during our cruise meet. This is our 2nd Disney cruise. If anyone has a daughter looking for a friend my girls would love it! We have DD turning 5 on cruise, DD turning 7 on cruise, and DD10. I also just asked to join the Facebook group.

Happy packing everyone!!
I bet my 11 year old DD would love to meet your 10 year old DD.
We should try to connect them at the meet and great!
Old 10-30-2012, 09:30 PM   #878
DisneyDad76
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by enverm View Post
Try mousepinsonline.com. If you order today, you will have them in plenty of time for the cruise. You can buy individual pins, or grab bags of 25. Great value, excellent service. My kids and I trade on every cruise.
Ebay works for this also! I got 20 pins and 2 lanyards for $25.

Ha Ha! I just realized that you were commenting on my post. Sigh. I think it's time for me to go to bed.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:40 PM   #879
Doodledogs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by enverm
Hi Doodledogs,
We are from Hedgesville, WV. How did you fare during Sandy? We have some flooding and wind damage in the area, but just called Disney and they say the Fantasy is ready for us!
Hi! We did very well with Sandy, thanks for asking. We had more damage from the crazy storm that hit the DC area in June. The girls were happy to miss school for 2 days. They go back tomorrow! Lots of flooded roads around us though. Did you get snow in WV? Snowshoe looked like they had a lot.
Doodledogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:42 PM   #880
Doodledogs
Mouseketeer

I can't send any PM's yet, I need to get posting! My dd10, Katie would love to meet some friends!! Can you all PM me your info?
Doodledogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:35 PM   #881
dmmlandcruiser
dmmlandcruiser

Quote:
I can't send any PM's yet, I need to get posting! My dd10, Katie would love to meet some friends!! Can you all PM me your info?
I can't send either!!!! You can email me at my user name with aol at the end!
Old 10-31-2012, 09:49 AM   #882
LuvMyShepherd
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrzy View Post
Ok I updated the FE List that is in google docs. I also made it a spreadsheet you can download. I have made the changes to the rooms.

If I missed something let me know. Or you can change it yourself and let everyone know to get the newest version

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...k0tbzlLaHhKbEE
Hi,
I tried to update the google doc fish extender list to put a # in front of our name to show we have extras to distribute, but it won't let me. I am not sure what I'm doing wrong, but if you could update it for me, I'd appreciate it! Thank you!

Feasting on the Fantasy - Thanksgiving 2012
Disney World - 5/09, 5/10, 11/12
LuvMyShepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:06 AM   #883
cruisecrzy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyShepherd View Post
Hi,
I tried to update the google doc fish extender list to put a # in front of our name to show we have extras to distribute, but it won't let me. I am not sure what I'm doing wrong, but if you could update it for me, I'd appreciate it! Thank you!
Sorry that was my fault. I had it set to view only. I edited it...thank you for being willing to include others...and I have set it to allow others to make updates now.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...k0tbzlLaHhKbEE

Disney Magic March 2002, March 2003, Nov 2003, March 2004, Nov 2005, March 2006, Nov 2006, April 2007, Halloween 2007 , March 2008, November 2008, April 2009, November 2009, April 2010 Wonder July 2009
cruisecrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:40 PM   #884
dmmlandcruiser
dmmlandcruiser

For Cabin 8680, we are the Mansour Family. Parents are Donna and Rafik, DD is Madigan. I only gave her name!! Also, my user name does not have an (s) at the end. Thank you, can't wait to meet you all!

Also, a sea band question: Do you only need one pair of bands for the week or should I get one pair for each day? Thanks!
Old 10-31-2012, 02:15 PM   #885
ArielRae
1042 mi from WDW

Hope everyone doesn't mind but if your family is taking up two rooms I plan to only give one FE gift so I have enough to hand out one gift per family.
Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2006
Pop Century - 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009(Pregnant), 2013(Solo), 2104
Fort Wilderness - 2012(Tent Camping), 2013(2X), 2014
Disney's Wonder - 2006
Disney's Dream - 2011
Disney's Fantasy - 2012(Thanksgiving Cruise)

ArielRae is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: