Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2012, 07:01 PM   #796
LisaWalkerC21
Mouseketeer

Back from a weekend away to find our cruise docs in the mailbox!

Disney Fantasy 7 Night 11/22/2014
Disney Dream 4 Night 11/27/2013
Disney Fantasy 7 Night 11/17/2012
Disney Dream 5 Night 8/16/2011
Disney Magic 11 Night Mediterranean August 7, 2010
Disney Wonder/Polynesian Resort Land/Sea May 2008
Disney Wonder/Polynesian Resort Land/Sea May 2006
Animal Kingdom Lodge May 2004

LisaWalkerC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:05 PM   #797
cruisecrzy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codys Disney Pals View Post
We are new to this blog. This is our 5th Disney cruise and we are interested in making lots new friends!

My husband and I are in our mid 40s. We have 2 girls who are looking to make some great friends. Hannah is almost 14 and in eighth grade and into and is in high performance tennis.

We are interested in getting more information on the Fish Extenders if someone can give us a contact.

If anyone has girls interested in getting together or interested in emailing or Facebooking before the cruise, please let me know b/c both my girls are very excited.

Thanks!
Welcome aboard. If you give me your room number I will add you to my FE List.

We have an 8 year old and 4 month old. Last Thanksgiving my daughter hung out with a 13 year old...she converted her into a princess stalker They went to get their picture taken at every oportunity.

This is a great place to make friends. We hace made some very good friends here and traveled with them many times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaWalkerC21 View Post

Yeah!!

I am actually stopping by the DCL offices tomorrow to drop something off for a friend...I think I need to go Cruise Doc hunting

Disney Magic March 2002, March 2003, Nov 2003, March 2004, Nov 2005, March 2006, Nov 2006, April 2007, Halloween 2007 , March 2008, November 2008, April 2009, November 2009, April 2010 Wonder July 2009
cruisecrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2012, 09:06 AM   #798
itskristin
Earning My Ears

I'm going back and forth on Fish Extenders. It is our first cruise, and a total surprise for my kids (7 and 5) and my nephews (6 and 6). I know that I'm late to the party for the organized FE exchange, but trying to decide whether to get one anyway and just give the kids little surprises myself. I know that there will be ample magic on the ship for them, but don't want them to walk through the halls and wish they had FEs. Thoughts?
itskristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:12 AM   #799
castoff
Something Wonderful is about to happen at CC
Is dressing like Cinderella for the ball
Her maltese Dante is like having another child

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrzy View Post
Wow your mailman is not too nice.

We were guy 7a as well and ended up on deck 5....hope you get what you want

Yeah the mailman is a whole different story !! We booked a cabin that was a 7a. Like everyone we were hoping for an upgrade but we ended up with the cabin we booked. We are happy with our cabin choice.

Tina
castoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:17 AM   #800
castoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codys Disney Pals View Post
We are new to this blog. This is our 5th Disney cruise and we are interested in making lots new friends!

My husband and I are in our mid 40s. We have 2 girls who are looking to make some great friends. Hannah is almost 14 and in eighth grade and into and is in high performance tennis.

We are interested in getting more information on the Fish Extenders if someone can give us a contact.

If anyone has girls interested in getting together or interested in emailing or Facebooking before the cruise, please let me know b/c both my girls are very excited.

Thanks!
Welcome to the Dis and this cruise ! Can I have all the first names of who is sailing with you and ages of kids. I will add you to the roll call. There is some information on the first page of this thread post # 2. You need to have 10 posts to send a PM. Send Kristin a PM about the FE. The FE has been closed, but some people have extras.

Tina
Old 10-15-2012, 09:20 AM   #801
castoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRJen View Post
Wouldn't that be nice. I will be happy either way!

We are on deck 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaWalkerC21 View Post

Yeah Lisa !!

Quote:

I am actually stopping by the DCL offices tomorrow to drop something off for a friend...I think I need to go Cruise Doc hunting

Good luck !

Tina
Old 10-15-2012, 09:27 AM   #802
castoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by itskristin View Post
I'm going back and forth on Fish Extenders. It is our first cruise, and a total surprise for my kids (7 and 5) and my nephews (6 and 6). I know that I'm late to the party for the organized FE exchange, but trying to decide whether to get one anyway and just give the kids little surprises myself. I know that there will be ample magic on the ship for them, but don't want them to walk through the halls and wish they had FEs. Thoughts?

First Welcome to the Dis and this cruise ! If I could have the first names of everyone sailing with you, I would like to add you to our roll call. There is also some information on this thread on page 1 post # 2.

As far as the FE goes.......the person in charge of it is Kristin. Dis-name is Kritter. You will need 10 posts in order to send her a PM. I copied her post from a few pages back about the FE. Hope it helps.

From Kristin:
I can not wait until we are toasty warm on CC!!

I know that a few of you are newcomers and are interested in having your families deliver for the FE Exchange. If you would like to deliver please send me your email address and I could send you the list. I would not want anyone disappointed who has their heart set on delivering..

Several of our families have already ordered their gifts and have had them even personalized.

If any of our newcomers want to see if anyone on our FE list has extra gifts then please post your information here on the Dis. and this would still allow your family to possibly be sprinkled with some pixie dust and receive an FE surprise. FE families can just write at the bottom of their FE list

Beth and I will be posting more about our Dis Meet and look forward to meeting everyone.

If anyone is interested in joining our meet the night before we have a nice group meeting for dinner the night before...

Tina
Old 10-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #803
cruisecrzy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by itskristin
I would do it. My kid loves to make the deliveries and the excitement of checking it. Last cruise she was 7. Give your room number if you decide and we will share some magic.

You do not need to buy one I have seen some great homemade ones

Disney Magic March 2002, March 2003, Nov 2003, March 2004, Nov 2005, March 2006, Nov 2006, April 2007, Halloween 2007 , March 2008, November 2008, April 2009, November 2009, April 2010 Wonder July 2009
cruisecrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:07 AM   #804
castoff

Quote:
I would do it. My kid loves to make the deliveries and the excitement of checking it. Last cruise she was 7. Give your room number if you decide and we will share some magic.

You do not need to buy one I have seen some great homemade ones

Ditto on what Michelle said !

Oh and 33 days till we set sail !!!

Tina
Old 10-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #805
ArielRae
1042 mi from WDW

Anyone coming in early to go to MVMCP fri Nov16th?
We are considering it. Never been to any of the special parties before.
Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2006
Pop Century - 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009(Pregnant), 2013(Solo), 2104
Fort Wilderness - 2012(Tent Camping), 2013(2X), 2014
Disney's Wonder - 2006
Disney's Dream - 2011
Disney's Fantasy - 2012(Thanksgiving Cruise)

ArielRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:25 PM   #806
aliron682
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielRae View Post
Anyone coming in early to go to MVMCP fri Nov16th?
We are considering it. Never been to any of the special parties before.
Yep....we will be there Friday night. We did it last year (after our cruise) and had a great time. We just went to Mickey's Not so scary Halloween party a couple weeks ago. The parties are great. A lot less crowded and lots of fun extras (cookies and hot chocolate, yum). We now prefer the parties instaed of just going to the park, since it is a little cheaper. If you have any specific questions, just let me know. Maybe we will see you there.

"If we all threw our problems in a pile and then saw everyone else's; we would grab ours back"
aliron682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #807
rhinodadz
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyanne View Post
My daughter will be 16 (currently 15) on the cruise and has informed me that she will be miserable if she doesn't know any others her age.

DO YOU HAVE A 15-17yo GIRL THAT WILL BE ON THIS CRUISE?

If so, PLEASE help me out! She's driving me crazy! Send me a PM (or just reply here if you'd like) and we'll get them in touch. If it helps, here are her current interests:
- One Direction (the band)
- Nail art (she'll be the one with a new amazing design each day)
- Nancy Grace (she'll be watching this 24/7 in the cabin unless I find her a friend.)

She's smart, savvy, and very, very funny. But most of all, she's driving me crazy. Help!
Our daughter is 16 and is planning on hanging out in Vibe (the teen club). Your daughter won't have any trouble making friends there!
rhinodadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #808
rhinodadz
Earning My Ears

We're also on the Thanksgiving cruise! Me, DW, two DDs (ages 20 & 16).
rhinodadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:35 PM   #809
ArielRae
1042 mi from WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliron682 View Post
Yep....we will be there Friday night. We did it last year (after our cruise) and had a great time. We just went to Mickey's Not so scary Halloween party a couple weeks ago. The parties are great. A lot less crowded and lots of fun extras (cookies and hot chocolate, yum). We now prefer the parties instaed of just going to the park, since it is a little cheaper. If you have any specific questions, just let me know. Maybe we will see you there.
Yay! Guess we'll see you there. My mom just agreed to go.

This will be my first party in Disney. Only ever did regular parks days cause we were never there when they held parties.
Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2006
Pop Century - 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009(Pregnant), 2013(Solo), 2104
Fort Wilderness - 2012(Tent Camping), 2013(2X), 2014
Disney's Wonder - 2006
Disney's Dream - 2011
Disney's Fantasy - 2012(Thanksgiving Cruise)

ArielRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:02 PM   #810
itskristin
Earning My Ears

Thanks for your thoughts. I think my family and I will do the FE. Please let me know what folks we can deliver to! I'm a total rookie

My cabin- 7632 will have my mom Susan (celebrating her 70th birthday), my husband Scottie and me, Kristin with our wonderful son Spencer, 7 and our delightful daughter Avery, 5.
itskristin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: