Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #631
castoff
Something Wonderful is about to happen at CC
Is dressing like Cinderella for the ball
Her maltese Dante is like having another child

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyShepherd View Post
We were able to book the Caribbean Sea Safari yesterday!
Yeah ! It will be a good time.

Tina
castoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:18 PM   #632
DisneyDad76
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by castoff View Post
Welcome to the Dis & this cruise ! Can I have your first name and the first name of your kids ? I will add you to the roll call.
My name is Stephen, Daughter is Alexys (11) and Son is Andrew (7). Thanks. Where will the meet and greet be?
DisneyDad76 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2012, 11:33 PM   #633
castoff
Something Wonderful is about to happen at CC
Is dressing like Cinderella for the ball
Her maltese Dante is like having another child

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDad76 View Post
My name is Stephen, Daughter is Alexys (11) and Son is Andrew (7). Thanks. Where will the meet and greet be?
I have added you to the roll call. It's on the first page post # 2. I don't think the meet & greet has been set-up yet.

Tina
castoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #634
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Meet and Greet!

Hi everyone, awhile back in an earlier post I agreed to run the Meet and Greet with Kritter's help. Anyone else who'd like to can help us too! Because Day 1 is so busy with people getting on and the muster drill, we were thinking that Day 2 (which is a sea day) would be so much better and might get more people attending.

People have floated out suggestions like meeting in the Vista Cafe or in O'Gills Pub -- both of those venues are on Deck 4. Does anyone have any other suggestions? When I was on the Dream, our meet and greet was up in Currents on Deck 13 but it was so hot, so I think that being some place inside works better.

As to timing, how about 3pm on Day 2? It is a Sea Day and shouldn't interfere with brunches. Or if anyone has a better suggestion on the time of day, please post it here!

I've ordered a large banner with our logo on it, so it will be easy to find us, once we finalize the place and time!

Beth

Disney Magic: Western Caribbean Halloween 10/30/10; NY to Nowhere 6/15/12; Southern Caribbean 10/11/14; Repo from San Juan to PC, 10/18/14; Magic in the Med 8/29/15
Disney Dream: Bahamas Birthday 5/19/11; Bahamas Double-Dip 8/16/11
Disney Wonder: Alaska 8/13/12
Disney Fantasy: Eastern Caribbean Thanksgiving 11/17/12; Eastern Caribbean 8/23/14
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:45 PM   #635
lucas
°o°

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
Hi everyone, awhile back in an earlier post I agreed to run the Meet and Greet with Kritter's help. Anyone else who'd like to can help us too! Because Day 1 is so busy with people getting on and the muster drill, we were thinking that Day 2 (which is a sea day) would be so much better and might get more people attending.

People have floated out suggestions like meeting in the Vista Cafe or in O'Gills Pub -- both of those venues are on Deck 4. Does anyone have any other suggestions? When I was on the Dream, our meet and greet was up in Currents on Deck 13 but it was so hot, so I think that being some place inside works better.

As to timing, how about 3pm on Day 2? It is a Sea Day and shouldn't interfere with brunches. Or if anyone has a better suggestion on the time of day, please post it here!

I've ordered a large banner with our logo on it, so it will be easy to find us, once we finalize the place and time!

Beth
Day 2 probably will be best because day 1 is always too hectic as it is. I'm open to any time or place.

Thank you guys for taking care of all of this.

lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:19 AM   #636
LisaWalkerC21
Mouseketeer

Day 2 sounds perfect! Looking forward to meeting everyone

Disney Fantasy 7 Night 11/22/2014
Disney Dream 4 Night 11/27/2013
Disney Fantasy 7 Night 11/17/2012
Disney Dream 5 Night 8/16/2011
Disney Magic 11 Night Mediterranean August 7, 2010
Disney Wonder/Polynesian Resort Land/Sea May 2008
Disney Wonder/Polynesian Resort Land/Sea May 2006
Animal Kingdom Lodge May 2004

LisaWalkerC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:47 AM   #637
AndrewWG

DIS Veteran

Holy Cow, this thread has gone like crazy since the last time I visited it! Must be getting close!

I was wondering if anyone knows what the rules of photography aboard the ship are? I am specifically asking about at the shows, and stuff like that. Everywhere else should be fine I imagine.

My Photo of the Day Blog

Sadly, the Fantasy Thanksgiving cruise is now over. What a great time! Check out the slideshow here: My DCL Fantasy Cruise Slideshow
AndrewWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #638
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

On our recent Alaskan cruise on the Wonder, they announced that no photography was allowed at all during the shows.

Disney Magic: Western Caribbean Halloween 10/30/10; NY to Nowhere 6/15/12; Southern Caribbean 10/11/14; Repo from San Juan to PC, 10/18/14; Magic in the Med 8/29/15
Disney Fantasy: Eastern Caribbean Thanksgiving 11/17/12; Eastern Caribbean 8/23/14
Old 09-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #639
AndrewWG

DIS Veteran

That is what I figured. Too bad. I like low light photography. Oh well. I will take off my photographer hat and just enjoy the shows then.

My Photo of the Day Blog

Sadly, the Fantasy Thanksgiving cruise is now over. What a great time! Check out the slideshow here: My DCL Fantasy Cruise Slideshow
AndrewWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #640
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

I think they worry about the people who bring their cameras and use their flash, which is annoying to the actors and to the people seated around them. So I guess they figure if they ban it altogether then maybe those types will behave themselves! But double-check with the ushers before the shows, because maybe there is a different policy on the Fantasy!

Old 09-09-2012, 07:15 PM   #641
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think they worry about the people who bring their cameras and use their flash, which is annoying to the actors and to the people seated around them. So I guess they figure if they ban it altogether then maybe those types will behave themselves! But double-check with the ushers before the shows, because maybe there is a different policy on the Fantasy!
There wasn't on the Dream. It said no photography for our cruise. I think, if you turn off your sound and screen nobody would really know you are taking pictures. It would be nice if they sold stock pictures or postcards so, at least you could scrap them. You can search on google and find photos too. So, I know people get away with it.
OurDogCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:34 PM   #642
DisneyDad76
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Beth
I would agree that day 2 would be better. Never done any of this. And it's my first cruise. However, if you'll tell me how I can help, I am happy to do what I can.
DisneyDad76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:04 PM   #643
kritter
I need a Disney FIX!!
Trades her hubby for "Make me an offer"

Everyone who signed up for the FE should have gotten their lists by now!!
Jan 2003-Twins first trip, September 2003-Grand Floridian-bought DVC SSR, July/Aug. 2004-Dolphin and SSR, September 2005-SSR, October 2006-SSR and DCL Eastern Halloween Cruise,June 2007-SSR, Star Wars Weekend, Sept. 2007- SSR,April 2008-SSR, June/July 2008-SSR and Vero Beach, Oct. 2008- DCL Eastern-Pirates in Paradise and SSR, Easter/April 2009,-BCV, Aug. 2009-DCL Eastern Tortola Treasure Seekers Cruise-in a CAT 3 and SSR, Dec. 2009, SSR - Feb. 2010, - OKW -April 2010-[COLOR="SeaGreen"]SSR - June/July 2010-- SSR and Vero Beach Oct.2010--OKW
Feb. 2011 OKW April 2011 SSR Aug. 2011 Vero Beach, DCL The Dream-DD, SSR, Oct. 2011 SSR Jan. 2012 OKW April 2012 SSR June 2012 DCL, Magic out of NYC June/July 2012 SSR, Vero Beach November 2012 40th Birthday Cruise DCL Thanksgiving Fantasy
kritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:20 PM   #644
cruisecoordinator
Earning My Ears

Hello All...my name is Wendy....I am a first time Disney cruiser. A friend told me about this website..so I am fumbling my way thru....any advice would be appreciated. I will be traveling with my DD 12 and DS 10. Also my brother, his wife and their 2 DD's 13 & 9.
On that note I need help with the whole fish extender process. I will be ordering one for us but need to know how to get involved....
Looking forward to a fantastic trip...
cruisecoordinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:41 PM   #645
DisneyDad76
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecoordinator View Post
Hello All...my name is Wendy....I am a first time Disney cruiser. A friend told me about this website..so I am fumbling my way thru....any advice would be appreciated. I will be traveling with my DD 12 and DS 10. Also my brother, his wife and their 2 DD's 13 & 9.
On that note I need help with the whole fish extender process. I will be ordering one for us but need to know how to get involved....
Looking forward to a fantastic trip...
Hi Wendy! My name is Stephen. I too am a first time cruiser, cruising with my DD 11, and DS 7 (8 in Dec.). "Kritter" is handling the FE (I believe), but I think it has closed (Not sure how this all works either). Also, message "Castoff" to get in on the Meet & Greet so that you can meet some others who are also going to be on the cruise. I think we are still looking at the afternoon of the 2nd day. Like I said, I'm new to all this also, and still trying to figure things out. This is all the help I can offer at the moment.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: