Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2011, 08:34 AM   #46
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallsofVA View Post
Beth - Are you following me?? Seems like we're together on my next 3 cruises (at least the 3 I'm most likely to take of the 6 that I have booked!) Or maybe it's just that we're in the same school system and picking the same dates! We definitely need to consider a meet up one of these days! My DD's birthday is the week after this cruise, but DH and I will be celebrating our anniversary while onboard!
Too funny! Yes, we'll have to get together around here! Our next cruise is May 19 (just DH and me) and then Aug 16 with the kids, and then the Turkey cruise the following year! We're not doing the maiden voyage of the fantasy, like your family, though I was tempted because of the spring break timing! A hard decision, but our family opted out of the August 25, 2012 EC one because we are planning on going to Europe next summer, fingers crossed. This turkey cruise looked ideal as the alternative b/c it coincides with the kids' birthday and the thanksgiving holiday. And the price was great! Problem will be keeping it a secret from the kids. It will be fun to see the boat decked out for christmas too! I'm looking with interest at all of the cruises that will be announced today. Alaska is tempting next year. So too is going out of NY as it is only a train ride away. It would be really cool to pass by the Statue of Liberty on a Mouse Boat.
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:40 AM   #47
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by castoff View Post
Are you changing any of your cruises after today's announcement ? If I still lived in NY I would book the NY one in a NY minute.

I REALLY want the 15 day to Hawaii but timing is everything so not in the cards this time around.
The long cruise to Hawaii does looks great but the timing is off because of the kids' school schedule. Our family is sticking with the cruises we've got scheduled, though adding another one from NY might be fun...even the 2 day has some appeal if it is combined with trip to NYC. Course, my girls would then insist on going to the American Girl store and that might then get really costly!!!!!!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2011, 08:58 AM   #48
castoff
Something Wonderful is about to happen at CC
Is dressing like Cinderella for the ball
Her maltese Dante is like having another child

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
The long cruise to Hawaii does looks great but the timing is off because of the kids' school schedule. Our family is sticking with the cruises we've got scheduled, though adding another one from NY might be fun...even the 2 day has some appeal if it is combined with trip to NYC. Course, my girls would then insist on going to the American Girl store and that might then get really costly!!!!!!!!!
I understand.....not to mention they would want to go to the Disney store in NY . My kids are older, I have a son who is 20 and a daughter who is 17.My son is booked with us on this cruise but keeps changing his mind. My daughter would be in college and miss some days .....not sure if she will do that or not.

Since we will be there the day and month and location of where we got married it was just going to be a romantic getaway for us. That is quickly changing with family coming and now I really wan't my children there.

I like the idea of the 2 day cruise. I at least can get a cheap flight to NY. Decisions........decisions Glad Disney is offering new ports. I am hoping Hawaii will be a test run and they will offer it again.

Tina
castoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:26 AM   #49
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

verandahs

This is kind of interesting. I sent a private message to someone who went on the Dream maiden voyage and was in the room we've booked for the turkey cruise. The room is on deck 9. We liked that room because it is the only 6A aft one in the very back of deck 9, that doesn't connect. We didn't want to be on deck 10 b/c of the noise from Cabanas above it. My mom will be in the room next to ours, but we didn't want to get a connecting room with her in case she needed to cancel. I discovered by watching a youtube video about the room that there are connecting doors outside on the verandah. Normally they are locked, but the room steward, apparently, can open them up. So even though we won't be connecting our staterooms together inside, we can connect outside on the verandah which will make that outside space even bigger. Very cool. Thought I'd share this in case others want to book with family or friends. Not sure if situation happens with every verandah but just something to think about!

Beth
Old 04-06-2011, 02:57 PM   #50
castoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
This is kind of interesting. I sent a private message to someone who went on the Dream maiden voyage and was in the room we've booked for the turkey cruise. The room is on deck 9. We liked that room because it is the only 6A aft one in the very back of deck 9, that doesn't connect. We didn't want to be on deck 10 b/c of the noise from Cabanas above it. My mom will be in the room next to ours, but we didn't want to get a connecting room with her in case she needed to cancel. I discovered by watching a youtube video about the room that there are connecting doors outside on the verandah. Normally they are locked, but the room steward, apparently, can open them up. So even though we won't be connecting our staterooms together inside, we can connect outside on the verandah which will make that outside space even bigger. Very cool. Thought I'd share this in case others want to book with family or friends. Not sure if situation happens with every verandah but just something to think about!

Beth
I had heard about the verandah's connecting. That is really a cool idea. We are on deck 7 aft.

What does everyone think about today's announcement today ? Anybody switching cruises ? This cruise is now showing up on DCL and I am sure it will start going up in $$.

Tina
Old 04-06-2011, 03:08 PM   #51
disney minnie
DIS Veteran

We booked 3 6A's on deck 10 aft. We know about the restaurant, but loved the idea of the decks and we most likely won't be in the rooms much during the day. Hopefully we won't be too loud for your family!

I don't see the cruise on the website... what am I doing wrong?
disney minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:26 PM   #52
castoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney minnie View Post
We booked 3 6A's on deck 10 aft. We know about the restaurant, but loved the idea of the decks and we most likely won't be in the rooms much during the day. Hopefully we won't be too loud for your family!

It's not you I just checked to help you get there and I don't see it. I know I saw it an hour ago. I clicked on the main page where it says New Itineraries and Ports 2012. Then on right side of screen it shows small pics to click on the new ports. Bottom right has Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy, I clicked on that and it showed this cruise. When I tried it a second ago it only shows dream and not fantasy ?? Enjoy Deck 10 ! We just go with what we are used to deck 6 or 7. This cruise deck 7.

Tina
Old 04-06-2011, 03:39 PM   #53
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:

No worries about being loud as those walls and floors are pretty thick! We didn't hear anything from anyone on our last Disney cruise. We were tempted to book aft on deck 10 too as those balconies are huge! We went with deck 9 b/c of hearing about the scraping of the chairs in Cabanas but frankly we'd have gone with deck 10, had the room I wanted on 9 not been available. Another plus with deck 10 is that the laundry is fairly near. We will definitely be coming up the stairs to use those washers and dryers, instead of going all the way to the front of the ship for the laundry room on deck 9. The biggest complaints I've been reading about on the threads are from folks on deck 5 aft who were unhappy and unable to sleep b/c of the sounds coming up from evolution. Maybe DCL will respond and turn down the bass music in response to those complaints. I'm sure everything will be figured out by 2012!

I've been checking out all the new itineraries released today. We're very happy with the ones we've already booked. And I'm sure the prices will rise a good bit once they appear online for people to book w/o having to call or go through a TA!

Beth
Old 04-06-2011, 05:29 PM   #54
castoff

Quote:

I found it ! Just click on Fantasy under ships and scroll down to see this cuise listed.

Tina
Old 04-07-2011, 12:51 PM   #55
doberlady
It just never gets old to me
I adore the obsessiveness of Disney planning

Well, I have a hold on this cruise until the 11th. I live in NY and the NY itinerary is HORRIBLE and EXPENSIVE IMHO of course

I have a hold on a family room for 5 but want to change to 2 connecting OV rooms. It's a tad more but it was so great to have the 2 rooms last time.

Bummer that I waited so long to book and from what I hear I am paying more then the people who booked ASAP.

2a 3c in the family OV is 6570

splitting us up into 2 rooms is $7304

Dixie Landings 1993 * Dixie Landings 1997
Dixie Landings 2000 * Old Key West 2002
Old Key West 2005 * Old Key West 2006
Contemporary 2008 * Disney Magic 2009
POR/CR 2010 * Contemporary 2011
Contemporary 2012 * Beach Club CL 2014

doberlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:32 PM   #56
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberlady View Post
Well, I have a hold on this cruise until the 11th. I live in NY and the NY itinerary is HORRIBLE and EXPENSIVE IMHO of course

I have a hold on a family room for 5 but want to change to 2 connecting OV rooms. It's a tad more but it was so great to have the 2 rooms last time.

Bummer that I waited so long to book and from what I hear I am paying more then the people who booked ASAP.

I agree about the NY pricing. We were hoping for some decent prices out of NY as it is an easy trek northward for us. I'm toying with a 2-nighter as a get-away with or without our kids, but it is very expensive so not sure if we'll try it. The other thing we are thinking about is heading to Alaska but not sure if it will jive with our Europe plans for next summer.

What we do know is this: we are quite content with the pricing for the Thanksgiving 2012 cruise and this is one we will definitely stay with. So welcome aboard if it works out for you! If it makes you feel any better, I waited a bit too as we were not wanting to cancel another cruise, but as the negatives lined up to make our decision easier, in the month I had waited the price went up a couple of hundred. But...I'm sure it will go up even more when people hone in on the dates and the ports of call. This will be an awesome cruise!

Beth
Old 04-08-2011, 11:39 AM   #57
winnyis
When angels visit us, we do not hear the rustle of wings, nor feel the feathery touch of the breast of a dove; but we know their presence by the love they create in our hearts.

Just transferred my onboard dummy booking to this cruise this morning. We did the thanksgiving cruise in 2007 and loved it. With the addition of San Juan and the fact that it was over $1300 less than the same cruise over new years... seemed like a no brainer to me. It will be Me, DH, DD (17 when we cruise) and DS (14 when we cruise).

Looking forward to talking with everyone over the next 18 months!

Ginny

August 2001 - Eastern, August 2002 - Western, November 2003 - Navigator of the Seas Western, August 2004 - Hurricane Francis 10 day Western, August 2005 - Panama Canal Repo Cruise, Sept 2006 - 10 Day Southern Carribean Wonder, November 2006 - Girls Only Carnival Cruise, March 2007 - 3 Day Wonder, Oct 2007- Girls Only RCI Soveriegn of the Seas, Nov 2007 - Thanksgiving on the Magic, August 2008 - Panama Canal Repo Cruise Again, October 2008 - Girls Only Carnival Inspiration, Oct 2009 - Girls Only Carnival Destiny, Oct , 2009 - Halloween on the Wonder; April , 2010 - Spring Break in Hawaii; Nov 2010 - Girls Only Carnival Destiny again; March 3, 2011, Disney Dream, August 16, 2011, Disney Dream

Upcoming Trips - June 2012 - 20th Anniversary trip to Maui and Oahu; June 27, 2013 - 12 Night Med cruise
winnyis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:27 PM   #58
castoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberlady View Post

Agree about the NY cruises ! I think it only wen't up a little bit when you booked. It has gone even more now and my in-laws haven't booked yet.They might have just priced themselves out of this cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnyis View Post
Just transferred my onboard dummy booking to this cruise this morning. We did the thanksgiving cruise in 2007 and loved it. With the addition of San Juan and the fact that it was over $1300 less than the same cruise over new years... seemed like a no brainer to me. It will be Me, DH, DD (17 when we cruise) and DS (14 when we cruise).

Looking forward to talking with everyone over the next 18 months!
Welcome Aboard Ginny & family ! Can't wait to see the new ship decorated.

Tina
Old 04-09-2011, 10:30 AM   #59
mickeymom923
"Someday my prince will come"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliron682 View Post
We have this one booked and I sure hope we don't have to change it. I've always wanted to go to San Juan...even if for just a day.
It will be our 15th anniversary on the 22nd and I can't think of a better way to spend it.
Welcome aboard. Happy Anniversary. I hope you don't have to change this cruise. You'll enjoy San Juan. We did a city tour of Old San Juan and the New San Juan which included a tour of the Bacardi Rum Factory. Lots to do in San Juan.

Bev
Victory 12/14/03, Voyager of the Seas 12/18/04, Glory 8/20/05, Radiance of the Seas 2/26/06, Adventure of the Seas 12/10/06, Navigator Of the Seas 12/13/07, Ruby Princess 11/29/08, MSC Poesia 11/10/09, Costa Altantica 1/23/10 Carnival Magic 8/14/11, Allure of the Seas 11/20/11 Oasis of the Seas 5/24/14

Disney Wonder- 8/21/03, 8/19/04, 12/8/05, 9/17/06 (11 night southern), 9/23/07, 5/21/09 MY WEDDING CRUISE, 7/26/09, 11/28/10, 4/29/12
Disney Magic- 8/19/06, 8/18/07 (14 night transatlantic) , 9/24/08, 10/3/09, 12/10/09, 9/18/10 (14 night transatlantic),1/20/14
Disney Dream 1/30/11, 10/21/12, 10/19/14
Disney Fantasy 9/22/12, 11/17/12

mickeymom923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:33 AM   #60
mickeymom923
"Someday my prince will come"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallsofVA View Post
We've been booked on this one since the morning bookings opened for it. Not 100% sure we'll stay on this cruise, though, pending future cruise plans, since we're also doing the Fantasy MV cruise in March. But this was a great price for a holiday week cruise, so we figured we'd book it while we could.
Welcome aboard. It will be great seeing you again. Hope you decide to stay on this cruise. Thanksgiving and I don't have to cook, what more can I ask for. Being with family and friends. Priceless.

Bev
Victory 12/14/03, Voyager of the Seas 12/18/04, Glory 8/20/05, Radiance of the Seas 2/26/06, Adventure of the Seas 12/10/06, Navigator Of the Seas 12/13/07, Ruby Princess 11/29/08, MSC Poesia 11/10/09, Costa Altantica 1/23/10 Carnival Magic 8/14/11, Allure of the Seas 11/20/11 Oasis of the Seas 5/24/14

Disney Wonder- 8/21/03, 8/19/04, 12/8/05, 9/17/06 (11 night southern), 9/23/07, 5/21/09 MY WEDDING CRUISE, 7/26/09, 11/28/10, 4/29/12
Disney Magic- 8/19/06, 8/18/07 (14 night transatlantic) , 9/24/08, 10/3/09, 12/10/09, 9/18/10 (14 night transatlantic),1/20/14
Disney Dream 1/30/11, 10/21/12, 10/19/14
Disney Fantasy 9/22/12, 11/17/12

mickeymom923 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: