Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2012, 09:51 AM   #526
lucas
°o°

I don't do Facebook either.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #527
disneybeachprincess
Disney Girl from Day One

Hi lucas,
Hope you are enjoying Sanibel & having good weather! I was born & raised in Ft Laud & have been there many times Do you know how I can get added to the original list of cruisers? Thanks!

disneybeachprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2012, 07:43 AM   #528
castoff
Something Wonderful is about to happen at CC
Is dressing like Cinderella for the ball
Her maltese Dante is like having another child

Hello Everyone..............
I Posted this on FB but never got a response. I also just realized some people are not on FB. I came back from Hawaii in the middle of May and interviewed for a job in June. ( unexpected ) I got the job and was looking for some Pixie Dust to get the time off due to it being a VERY bad time of year. I finally talked to my boss and was approved for the time off. Good thing since I already started on my special FE gifts. I feel bad I haven't been around. It is easier to look at the FB page from my phone. I did just download the Dis app, so maybe I can check in here a little bit more often.

I have updated the roll call list. Please send me a PM if you know someone who is on the list but no longer going or send me a PM if your name isn't on the list.

The person who started this thread ( Bev ) is no longer on this cruise.

Are we still doing groups of 25 for the FE ?

Looking forward to meeting everyone !!

Tina
castoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:08 AM   #529
disneybeachprincess
Disney Girl from Day One

Talking Thanks!

castoff for adding us to the roll call! Congrats on the new job and the to go on the cruise! Can't wait to meet everyone!

I have never done FE before, so any general guidance on "how to FE" you can give me would be very helpful!

Best of luck in the new job!

Old 07-26-2012, 08:26 AM   #530
castoff

Trying this from my phone for the first time ....kinda weird. Lol. Your welcome Cindy !! The main purpose of the FE is to have fun. some people make things, some people get something from there home state that they pass out. Some people will get things from oriental trading, dollar store. There are no rules. You decide when you want to pass them out and what to give. Some people will give one gift per cabin while others give out for specific ages or gender. Totally up to you but remember to have fun and no stress allowed . Lol hope this helps.

Thanks for the pixie dust!!! We are so excited to be on this cruise.

Tina
Old 07-26-2012, 09:11 AM   #531
disneybeachprincess
Disney Girl from Day One

Sounds like so much fun! I have cruised on DCL many times but never did the FE exchange since I am still kinda new to the Disboards I appreciate the info...how do we join? how do we know who to bring FE gifts for? just kids? or everyone? Thanks again ~ sorry so many questions!?!

P.S. great job from your phone by the way!!!

Old 07-26-2012, 09:27 AM   #532
castoff

Cindy, Send. PM to Kritter ( Kristin ) with your first and last name. Your cabin number, names and ages of who is sailing with you. When the cruise gets closer she will send everyone a list . I think it's just a personal decision on what you want to pass out. I have given to ages and gender before . This time around I am giving a gift per cabin that I think everyone will enjoy. Something that I am making and started early because of the time involved. Whatever you decide is sure to be appreciated!!!!

Tina
Old 07-26-2012, 09:29 AM   #533
castoff

Lol just saw your comment on the phone. Lol I am trying to get use to all this technology stuff. Just wish I could quote a post but it won't let me.

Tina
Old 07-26-2012, 09:30 AM   #534
disneybeachprincess
Disney Girl from Day One

Will do & thanks so much for your time today I am even more excited about the cruise now, if that is possible! LOL!

Old 07-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #535
castoff

Same here Cindy !!!! Now I need to get ready for work. Have a good day.

Tina
Old 07-26-2012, 08:26 PM   #536
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone:

Yes, definitely PM Kritter about joining the FE. There is a cut off date of the end of August so that people can get their gifts prepared!

If you'd like to use any of the logo images (you can find them if you search for them in our thread) do feel free to use them for t-shirts, magnets, whatever. I managed to get two wonderful designers (just TJ and Millipie) to help us with those images.

And since we are getting closer, I thought I would offer up organizing the Meet and Greet -- I'm sailing with Kritter's family so I'm sure she'll be helping me with this too!

On my Alaska cruise on the Disney Wonder that my family is going on in a few weeks (yay, I can't wait!), our plan for our Midnight Sun Mouseketeers group is to meet at the Promenade Lounge at 3pm. So... for our Turkey Cruise, does anyone have any good ideas for a great spot and time for our Feasting on the Fantasy group to meet? We could either do it outside at Currents Bar on Deck 13 or inside in an air conditioned lounge area. And when should we meet -- embarkation day, or a sea day? Air your views here and I'll sort them out!!!

Beth

Disney Magic: Western Caribbean Halloween 10/30/10; NY to Nowhere 6/15/12; Southern Caribbean 10/11/14; Repo from San Juan to PC, 10/18/14; Magic in the Med 8/29/15
Disney Dream: Bahamas Birthday 5/19/11; Bahamas Double-Dip 8/16/11
Disney Wonder: Alaska 8/13/12
Disney Fantasy: Eastern Caribbean Thanksgiving 11/17/12; Eastern Caribbean 8/23/14

Last edited by tinkerbelltwins; 07-27-2012 at 07:04 AM.
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:12 PM   #537
kritter
I need a Disney FIX!!
Trades her hubby for "Make me an offer"

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I have not been on in a while. Been a bit busy with opening a new business adventure with Beth.

Send me your info. for the FE list. I will keep it to groups of no more than 25 families. So if we need to split it into two groups then we will do that.

Aug. 30th is the deadline to sign-up and the next day I will email everyone the list to make sure their are no errors or changes.

Please send your cabin number if you know it, Last name, first names of all adults and children along with children ages, your email address, and DisName if you have one. If you have two cabins please indicate if you are going to hang an FE outside of both cabins..

Thanks,, I might not get back to you in the next few days since I am having some friends over for the next week that we actually met here on the Dis. on one of our cruises!!
Jan 2003-Twins first trip, September 2003-Grand Floridian-bought DVC SSR, July/Aug. 2004-Dolphin and SSR, September 2005-SSR, October 2006-SSR and DCL Eastern Halloween Cruise,June 2007-SSR, Star Wars Weekend, Sept. 2007- SSR,April 2008-SSR, June/July 2008-SSR and Vero Beach, Oct. 2008- DCL Eastern-Pirates in Paradise and SSR, Easter/April 2009,-BCV, Aug. 2009-DCL Eastern Tortola Treasure Seekers Cruise-in a CAT 3 and SSR, Dec. 2009, SSR - Feb. 2010, - OKW -April 2010-[COLOR="SeaGreen"]SSR - June/July 2010-- SSR and Vero Beach Oct.2010--OKW
Feb. 2011 OKW April 2011 SSR Aug. 2011 Vero Beach, DCL The Dream-DD, SSR, Oct. 2011 SSR Jan. 2012 OKW April 2012 SSR June 2012 DCL, Magic out of NYC June/July 2012 SSR, Vero Beach November 2012 40th Birthday Cruise DCL Thanksgiving Fantasy
kritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:01 AM   #538
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

About the Meet and Greet onboard:

Maybe we should do it on Day 2 (it is a sea day) since embarkation day is so busy! What does everyone think of that idea?

Beth

Disney Magic: Western Caribbean Halloween 10/30/10; NY to Nowhere 6/15/12; Southern Caribbean 10/11/14; Repo from San Juan to PC, 10/18/14; Magic in the Med 8/29/15
Disney Dream: Bahamas Birthday 5/19/11; Bahamas Double-Dip 8/16/11
Disney Wonder: Alaska 8/13/12
Disney Fantasy: Eastern Caribbean Thanksgiving 11/17/12; Eastern Caribbean 8/23/14
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:30 AM   #539
disneybeachprincess
Disney Girl from Day One

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
About the Meet and Greet onboard:

Maybe we should do it on Day 2 (it is a sea day) since embarkation day is so busy! What does everyone think of that idea?

Beth
I agree with the first sea day...embarkation day is very busy & everyone arrives at different times, etc...also by meeting the first sea day, we can plan to do other things too May I suggest the Vista cafe area on Deck 4 for a place to meet for coffee & goodies?

Can you answer one more FE question please? Do we put our names on it or are the gifts just given anonymously? Thanks for making me feel so welcome on this cruise already!

Old 07-27-2012, 07:39 AM   #540
disneybeachprincess
Disney Girl from Day One

Hi Kristin,
I sent you two PM's about the FE exchange...no hurry...let me know if you need any more info...will send you my cabin # as soon as Disney sends it to me! Hoping for pixiedust on my first GTY! Have a great weekend Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: